PDA

View Full Version : I Best Rusher! L66-71 PvP Contest: Pre-Contest Thread!

Zeus
06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, Apollo here!

Sooooo, I was wondering if any of y'all pvpers would be interested in a rusher PvP contest? If this generates enough interest, I'll create one.

Some ways I was thinking of setting it up:

• Locked 1v1 Forest Fight
• As soon as the two opponents join match, the game starts. No go, nothing. Everything should be discussed before the game is created.
• Class specific or all classes?

Lemme know your thoughts, guys!

~Apollo/Parth

razerfingers
06-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds fun :)

Sent using spray paint

XghostzX
06-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Dude, I'm in! Reserve a spot for me!

Zeus
06-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Dude, I'm in! Reserve a spot for me!

Class Specific you think or it doesn't matter?

XghostzX
06-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Class Specific you think or it doesn't matter?

I think anything would be fine; but I feel as if hahabirdy would come out winning another tournament. (I'd prefer class specific).

Although my suggestion is to say 'go' before the entire match then you start rushing each other. This is simply to avoid frustration for players who lag when they join... after all, that first kill is crucial.

EDIT: Even neater, let the winners of each class specific tournament let each other play somehow in one final showdown :D

More tournaments, the better!

Itrickftw
06-17-2012, 05:04 PM
It should be class specific because if not there would be way too many people joining and people could use more than one character (to enter) so my thought would be to have a tourney for each class, a bird mage and bear one all going at once. That's just my $0.02

Walkhardd
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
This is right up my alley.

TANKKAAR
06-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm down!

Zeus
06-17-2012, 06:39 PM
To address the issue of people getting spawned when the first enter, I'll get a judge (or you can get a trustworthy person) to sit in the match and let watch both players join, making sure none move until both have spawned safely. The person who moves noticeably would be disqualified for attempting to gain an advantage before the match begun.

I just want to avoid a "Go!" because that wouldn't be true rushing then.

Also, what Trick suggested is excellent. I'll most likely have to host three tourneys at one time, which will be stressful, but I'll manage! :)

TANKKAAR
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Bear tourney will take forever...... Lol

Zeus
06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Bear tourney will take forever...... Lol

Agreed, lmao. How does a bear rush a bear? ;)

Glad
06-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I can do that just fine... :D

Jewelsofjane
06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
To address the issue of people getting spawned when the first enter, I'll get a judge (or you can get a trustworthy person) to sit in the match and let watch both players join, making sure none move until both have spawned safely. The person who moves noticeably would be disqualified for attempting to gain an advantage before the match begun.

I just want to avoid a "Go!" because that wouldn't be true rushing then.

Also, what Trick suggested is excellent. I'll most likely have to host three tourneys at one time, which will be stressful, but I'll manage! :)

Rush and I will be in as long as there is ample time to get a set and retrain the skills I have lost lol but.... Eh I have an issue with judges. (not to bring up the past)..... As far as the beginning of the game first spawn, rush and I play this way all the time against each other. It really isn't that big of a deal. You always spawn across the map from each other unless there is another party ingame. Yes, the very first kill will most likely win or lose the match but if you are skilled enough then you can make up that kill without buffs. Not easy, but both rush and I have done it. So I say "no" to judges and go.

As far as classes, idk Id rather have a mixed class tourney. Maybe it's selfish of me only because I'm better at killing birds and bears than mages lol.

Whirlzap
06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Bears can kill you without buffs...they have that dodge.

TANKKAAR
06-17-2012, 07:55 PM
As far as classes, idk Id rather have a mixed class tourney. Maybe it's selfish of me only because I'm better at killing birds and bears than mages lol.
I dont think your selfish I would prefer a mixed class tournament also.... Not because im better at killing any specific class but because its to rare that we get a multi class tourney to compete in :)

Glad
06-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Make it 70-71?

Zeus
06-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Make it 70-71?

66-71, just for formalities. We all know most will enter at L70.

Phoenixking
06-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm in, and i think the true term for this is 1v1 FFA

XghostzX
06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Looking good Parth! I'll see ya at Humania for this :D

Mothwing
06-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Sounds great Parth, count me in. I agree that it shouldn't be class specific, any class would be fun. My only question:

How much time do we have to get to the cap. In other words, how much time do we have to level until the tournament starts?

Noodleleg
06-18-2012, 10:08 AM
This doesn't sound like rushing=/.. More like FFA style... If we want to test rushing skills, we need to have a group of people on the other team, and then have 1-3 people trying to rush them. After 3 rounds, they average how many kills they got. That's just my opinion =p But hey, sounds fun! We know Eden and Rush will win though ;)

razurblade
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
haha looks like it will be fun

Hawkbby
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
A pollo im in, I want a class specific. Ty.

Mothwing
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
This doesn't sound like rushing=/.. More like FFA style... If we want to test rushing skills, we need to have a group of people on the other team, and then have 1-3 people trying to rush them. After 3 rounds, they average how many kills they got. That's just my opinion =p But hey, sounds fun! We know Eden and Rush will win though ;)

Why? Everybody has an equal chance at winning.

Noodleleg
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Why? Everybody has an equal chance at winning.

But then it's FFA, not rushing ;)

Zeus
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
But then it's FFA, not rushing ;)

You can rush 1v1. What you're saying is teaming, not rushing.

Jewelsofjane
06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I think noodleleg was joking about the fact that we are the biggest "rushers" ingame not necessarily the best lol.

Thinking more about beginning spawning, I did spawn once at the beginning in the middle of the map today while rush was by the tents. I had to quickly turn the camera angle and buff super fast. I know the concern is lag, but isn't "rushing" about being able to overcome any obstacle like lag, spawn points etc? I admitt, many times I get caught up with lag etc and it leads to a death, but that's just it. Who can overcome all obstacles? Well... With a little luck as well lmao

XghostzX
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I think noodleleg was joking about the fact that we are the biggest "rushers" ingame not necessarily the best lol.

Thinking more about beginning spawning, I did spawn once at the beginning in the middle of the map today while rush was by the tents. I had to quickly turn the camera angle and buff super fast. I know the concern is lag, but isn't "rushing" about being able to overcome any obstacle like lag, spawn points etc? I admitt, many times I get caught up with lag etc and it leads to a death, but that's just it. Who can overcome all obstacles? Well... With a little luck as well lmao

I agree completely although at the same time this is a tournament. At the same time as rushing can be very unorganized during regular PvP games you see daily, this needs to have some organization to it to not cause flaming or frustration. :D