PDA

View Full Version : Rush Wars

Buddyf97
06-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Hey, guys!
I was brainstorming a little bit and was think for some cool ideas to bring more fun into pvp. I was thinking we could have several teams made up and place the members of that team in a guild. Each guild/team will be in a "war" with another guild/team. So if you join a game u can acquire a target and grab your buddies to help out. Rush them, farm them, whatever needs to be done! The target will be changed about every week to keep everyone interested.

Rules: None! Just keep in mind your teams target and get some kills!
Levels: I am thinking levels 23 and below. These are common levels and we can get a large amount of people into it.
Tips: Turn on guild full name to see if anyone is your current target!
Techniqually there is no "winner" in this since their is no way to prove kills without tons of screenshots, but we can have guild leaders talk for bragging rights!
I am looking for team leaders! These people recruit other twinks and tell their members their target! Your members do not need to be on the forums but encourage them to join!

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post them below!

Zerious
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
so. Guilds get put in a line-up queue. We put guilds vs each other in a rush war for a week, then switch the guilds' targets after the week is up?

that sounds so.... boss... Wish there was like a bounty system for this type of hunting :)

Advicatus
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Derp go to L17 pvp. It's all rushing cause of what guild you're in.

Buddyf97
06-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Derp go to L17 pvp. It's all rushing cause of what guild you're in.

We could expand it over many levels! Think twice before rushing that 17 with your 12! Grab a buddy to help out! More levels means more participants!

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I personally think this would be awesome, but there is far too many "Glass Twinks" who are way to concerned about their fragile KDR to actually enjoy this.

plmafiaboss
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I personally think this would be awesome, but there is far too many "Glass Twinks" who are way to concerned about their fragile KDR to actually enjoy this.i would enjoy tgis very much lol

Buddyf97
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
I personally think this would be awesome, but there is far too many "Glass Twinks" who are way to concerned about their fragile KDR to actually enjoy this.

Then don't join one of the teams! This will be solely for having a good time! Kdr doesn't matter!

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Then don't join one of the teams! This will be solely for having a good time! Kdr doesn't matter!

Let me know the level, and I will get a twink there, then assign me a team and I am in.

Ujustgotnuked
06-18-2012, 03:28 PM
23 and 26 would be the most exciting at this 'game' because u cna have more buffs, skills etc and they thats were alot of pvp is atm so tell me when to join in, i used to have a rusher and a whole guilde called <Deal With It> (post if you remember this guild) and i was the leader 'Imavampire' and if anyone remembers us, then they will remember me and Marriownzzbozz just owning the poor defensless people we picked on, sorry if we rushed you btw

Ujustgotnuked
06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
So yeah, if you wanna bring this into 23 and 26 then i would happily be a leader, and my guild will be <Deal With It> my character.......well ill have to see, i still have Imavampire but not his gear

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 09:41 PM
If we can get enough players with extras, we could get two factions going. Could even expand it across 15-25 and have the levels balance the teams. Essentially the total levels of both factions would need to match, so having some lows would let you get some highers. This would put such a great spin on PvP with crazy wars breaking out in the middle of the civilized matches. Buddyf, do you want to star by getting a list of interested players and levels. For now put me down as 22 - 23 bear. Will get one there by time needed.

Buddyf97
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Great ideas guys! Here's a question to consider: Do all members need to be on the forums? Or just leaders? And 15-25 sounds like a great range to start out with! If this turns to the successful side we could have guilds that "feature" certain levels and have the go to war with another guild with the same/similar level!

Advicatus
06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm trying to tell you THIS IS WHAT LOW LVL PVP IS. you can be playing on your 15 in a 12 lobby and get rushed by a 17 and so on. This already happens. Just join into pvp cause it sounds like you don't haha. Most pvp 1-35 is like this brah

FluffNStuff
06-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm trying to tell you THIS IS WHAT LOW LVL PVP IS. you can be playing on your 15 in a 12 lobby and get rushed by a 17 and so on. This already happens. Just join into pvp cause it sounds like you don't haha. Most pvp 1-35 is like this brah

So I did some twink PvP last night, and as usual, it goes a little something like this when you enter:
1) You find a civilized place where people are standing around, and each saying go to fight.
2) You find some over-powered twinks initiating new players to the game by beating them to a pulp while ignoring you.
3) There is some guy rushing another guy, because he is a rusher, or he says the other is a rusher, and they are yelling explatives at each other.
4) You find a "mosh pit" with just a bunch of people killing each other (by far the most fun).

The idea of this, is your PvP nights will go the same, as you jump around from game to game, but a some point, you see a toon from the other faction. At that second, you drop everything, yell something like 'For the Queen' and just start attacking, regardless of what else is going on. If you are lucky and there is empty spots on your team, you send out a call over the guild chat. You might even get a call over the guild chat when you are in a different game. This will really spice up the PvP experience for those of us tired of the count to 10, turn around and fire duels, without having to deal with the drama of who rushed who.

---
Buddyf, are you thinking multiple factions or just two? At first I was thinking just two, so when you in, you always know who you are gunning for. But I suppose if this gets big enough, we could have more so you are not always rumbling with the same people. As to if we should all be on the forums, I suppose that could limit the ranks, and it could be fun trying to recruit players to your side. They would just need to be non-guild or willing to create another alt so they could be tagged. It would be good though to keep a list of players and levels to make sure one team does not get out of control.
Another thought to consider is when you rush the other person, it will disrupt the herd, so their "team" could jump in. Should this be encouraged or discouraged? Like should we have a quick chat like "/team This was not a rush, it is a personal feud" or maybe have trying to get your team rallied be part of the strategy, like major trash talking and rush accusing (basicly staged drama)?

wvhills
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I personally think the only type of pvp should be rushing.
Why don't we all just form a big group and rush everyone? They will then rush us for revenge. Pretty soon everyone will be rushing.

Advicatus
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Thank you fluff, that's the story of my pvp days.