PDA

View Full Version : Skill Discussion - Humania Skill Ranks go to 7

Samhayne
06-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post up a discussion thread about Class Skill Ranks. After Humania goes live and the level cap goes up to 71, the skill cap will also go up to 7 per skill. Additionally, you will need to be level 65 in order to be able to rank any skill up to 7.

We have a lot more plans for Pocket Legends skills. It is possible in the future to add in Passive Skills, like what are currently used in Dark Legends and maybe even skill trees.

What are your thoughts about the current Pocket Legends Skill in light of this coming change?

kaiserbear
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
cool! :-)

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Additionally, you will need to be level 65 in order to be able to rank any skill up to 7.

Oh thank Gawd. Twink PVP is already crazy enough!

Nick41324
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
L66 will be the new 61 pvp. 61 people are always fighting L51-56 people because it is a popular lvl of pvp..

Would L65 people not be extremely OP in pvp now?

Xazic
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
If skills are not nerfed or something similar, everything is going to be chaotic with the balance between classes being in danger.

Fredobasy
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
I personally think thats a great idea

Cahaun
06-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Sometimes drastic changes and risky choices give the best reward in the end, and I think this is a good move.

Fredobasy
06-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Sam will the level 65+ get free respecs?

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
L66 will be the new 61 pvp. 61 people are always fighting L51-56 people because it is a popular lvl of pvp..

Would L65 people not be extremely OP in pvp now?

Good point, that is going to be a pretty sharp line with anyone over 65 vs anyone under.

Whirlzap
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I get the feeling people with multiple twinks with all 3 elite vanities, mostly Bear/Mage will want to stay back at this cap and twink...

Nommos
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Skill trees would be great. It could be like having a tree for pure tank bear, and a tree for attack bear. Mixing skills from those skill trees would be make more combinations . Mages having two different skill trees one with buff and heal skills and one tree with attack skills would make some people "monks", so it will be like having one more class in the game. And so for the birds. Skill trees would be a huge change in the game :)

Zeus
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll repost my thoughts here:

Hey guys, Apollo here!

Soooo, just wanted to bring this quote to attention from our wonderful Samhayne! Sam, I thank thee for all that you do! It's truly amazing.

All of the skills are going to 9000!

Oh, I mean, will go to 7.

Does anybody get the meaning of this quote? You PvPers should especially understand.

DODGE = evading an attack completely.

Bears currently have 74-76 dodge. With the new stat increase, it should put them off at 80+ dodge with THE OUTDATED MT. FANG GEAR!

What does this mean for y'all PvPers? GL hitting that tank, even after roots.

Birds are also affected, just not as drastically, IMO.

Elves, with these new buffs in stats, the role of elves seemed to change from "The Support Class" to "The Everything Class".

Devs, I commend you for doing such a great job with Humania, but please take into consideration the possible consequences with skill raises. Dodge enhanced classes will be the ones effected the most, because their ability to completely avoid damage will increase.

Possible Consequences:

* You might see bears running around as gods in PvP.

* Bears have one skill to get in range, if you keep increasing dodge on birds, how are they ever expected to land that skill and get within range? It just contributes to the already unbalanced nature of PvP.

* As defensive buffs like evade and taunt increase, the need for 4x elixirs decreases. Why? Survivability increases without elixirs, so more players won't need to buy them except for the purposes of leveling, which can be detrimental to STS's business

* Elves running around hitting 600+ in PvP with one spell: Drain

Just some food for thought,

~Apollo

Whirlzap
06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Food for thought? What?

Paladinslaya
06-18-2012, 02:37 PM

I wish

Samhayne
06-18-2012, 02:37 PM

The current plan is to change the cost for respecs to be free for several days so people can experiment. I believe there will also be a limit to keep people from respecing while in a PvP area to remove a potential abuse.

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Hey guys, Apollo here!

Soooo, just wanted to bring this quote to attention from our wonderful Samhayne! Sam, I thank thee for all that you do! It's truly amazing.

Does anybody get the meaning of this quote? You PvPers should especially understand.

Bears currently have 74-76 dodge. With the new stat increase, it should put them off at 80+ dodge with THE OUTDATED MT. FANG GEAR!

Elves, with these new buffs in stats, the role of elves seemed to change from "The Support Class" to "The Everything Class".

Devs, I commend you for doing such a great job with Humania, but please take into consideration the possible consequences with skill raises. Dodge enhanced classes will be the ones effected the most, because their ability to completely avoid damage will increase.

Possible Consequences:

* Bears have one skill to get in range, if you keep increasing dodge on birds, how are they ever expected to land that skill and get within range? It just contributes to the already unbalanced nature of PvP.

* As defensive buffs like evade and taunt increase, the need for 4x elixirs decreases. Why? Survivability increases without elixirs, so more players won't need to buy them except for the purposes of leveling, which can be detrimental to STS's business

~Apollo

Won't the debuff's also go up a level, or are they just drastically underpowered compared to the buffs? If so, then the debuffs need to be fixed as a separate issue, though I can see how this is exacerbating that problem.

Whirlzap
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
The current plan is to change the cost for respecs to be free for several days so people can experiment. I believe there will also be a limit to keep people from respecing while in a PvP area to remove a potential abuse.
I'm pretty sure I respecced a hundred times during that free respec thing during Sewer Cap.

Paladinslaya
06-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Sam, ty for your work and ideas but i agree with Apollo you should just let us max out our skills at 6.

Ixillicus
06-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I like this approach. It would be rather unpopular I might say to do this retroactively, but I think it would make sense that the max number of points you can allocate to a skill increases on your level.

Currently, those 64 and under can put up to 6 in a skill, 65+ can put up to 7. If this were applied to lower levels it might make things more balanced for twinking. IE. Level 20 can only put 4 points in a skill, level 40 can put 5, etc.

nazgulking
06-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I think that we should have Skill trees, depending on the stats we invest into.
For example if a mage choose a pure INT build should have selection of spells. If the same mage chooses to put some points into DEX and some in INT, should have sacrificed certain pure INT spells, while unveiling some others a pure INT build would never obtain.
In short we should have spells unlockable depeing on the stats we have.
Passive skills can be good, but I prefer perks (which are more elaborate than just a HP/Armour/Mana regen/Health regen passive skill)

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I like this approach. It would be rather unpopular I might say to do this retroactively, but I think it would make sense that the max number of points you can allocate to a skill increases on your level.

Currently, those 64 and under can put up to 6 in a skill, 65+ can put up to 7. If this were applied to lower levels it might make things more balanced for twinking. IE. Level 20 can only put 4 points in a skill, level 40 can put 5, etc.

That is the way DL is, and would be great for PL, but would completely flip the game on it's axis, and we are to far in now to make such a fundamental change.

wvhills
06-18-2012, 02:49 PM
IMO, PL is to old a game to be adding new skills. If it were me I'd leave everything the same (just periodically increase skill ranks) and leave new skills and/or passive skills for AL.

That's just my feelings but if passive skills or skill trees are added to PL I won't rage. I don't feel strongly either way.

Fredobasy
06-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Ah ok

JaytB
06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I love the idea of passive skills and hope we'll get to see that at some point in the future. There have been some interesting threads about passive skills in the past, maybe you could consolidate these to get some idea's. Personally, I'd be fine with passive skills like implemented in DL, simple and effective.

As for skill trees, I'm not really sure if I'd like that or not. I kind of liked the easy way to put points in your skills, as it's currently implemented. The thing I don't like much about skill trees, is that you'll often have to dump loads of points in skills you don't even want/need, just to get that one skill you really feel you want/need. The positive thing about this is to allow for more differentiation in builds, but I'd rather see a lot more different types of skills than the current 12, for which we can choose freely to put points in or not. More skills would also allow more variation in builds, while still keeping the freedom to choose which skills you want or not.

It would be cool to have a way to access more than 12 skills, in case there would be more skills in the future. Maybe a combination of a skill wheel and current skill layout (much like in O&C for example). In O&C you can quickly minimize your skill-book (much in the same way as currently in PL), to display a skill wheel (much in the same way as currently in SL). You'd typically put the skills you don't use that much, or the ones with a long cooldowns, in your skill wheel.

Anyway, I'm exited to hear you guys are thinking about changing up skills in the future!

Zeus
06-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Won't the debuff's also go up a level, or are they just drastically underpowered compared to the buffs? If so, then the debuffs need to be fixed as a separate issue, though I can see how this is exacerbating that problem.

The problem lies in landing those debuffs on an opponent with such high dodge.

Cahaun
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
It's never too late to do anything different! :)

Vuvuzaylor
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
cant believe, that drain goes over 600 o.O amazing...
Birds and bears will get more dodgie than ever lol...hope the debuffs will grow the same size...

Swimmingstar
06-18-2012, 03:33 PM
I think rank 7 should not be allowed until L67.

Also, at 67 I think there should be a free skill respec so we could change our skill points around since rank 7 would be allowed.

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 03:35 PM
The problem lies in landing those debuffs on an opponent with such high dodge.

Are you saying you can dodge a dodge debuff??

That is an even more fundamental problem!

Vuvuzaylor
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
no thats definately not possible...lol with my pvp expetience of 10k kills i can promise you, that a debuff skill will break/crush all the buffs-completely. :)

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 03:41 PM
no thats definately not possible...lol with my pvp expetience of 10k kills i can promise you, that a debuff skill will break/crush all the buffs-completely. :)

Apollo is claiming that the dodge debuff part of crushing blow,terror (or weakness) and root can be "dodged". If this is true, then that is most definitely a problem, no matter what the skills rank to.

TANKKAAR
06-18-2012, 03:44 PM
If skills are not nerfed or something similar, everything is going to be chaotic with the balance between classes being in danger.

Lol... You speak as if classes were already balanced. Mages are truly OP imo, it started at level 50 cap win every 1 was nerfed but mages and is now starting to become an issue 3 level caps later... if I mages continue on this path they will need a serious nerf at lvl 71+...

as for passive skills I would love to see this implemented in pocket legends and truly feel it will add to a level of individuality to both PVE & PVP builds :)

Zeus
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Are you saying you can dodge a dodge debuff??

That is an even more fundamental problem!

Yep, that is correct.

Zeus
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM

You must have had a very lucky 10k PvP kills then.

Also, I'm speaking with 35k+ kills experience.

TANKKAAR
06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Yep, that is correct.

I can second and third Apollo

Any buff and debuff can be dodged and or can miss.. Same goes for rev... It all boils down to hit% vs dodge vs luck..

XghostzX
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM

Hey guys, Apollo here!

Possible Consequences:

~Apollo

I haven't read the entire thread but relax bro! I'm sure they're revamping the stats on all of the weapons and such.

Zeus
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but relax bro! I'm sure they're revamping the stats on all of the weapons and such.

I am relaxed, just giving forewarnings and possible consequences. I know that they always manage to work things out. :)

Dynastu
06-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Hm, I was hopeful that this would be an update where they would attempt to balance the classes. Of course, I'm appreciative of the work the develepors have put into this update.

However, does this not just make birds even less powerful in comparison to mages and bears? I mean, second lowest dodge, and honestly, the "high single target damage" might not even make a difference with Magee being able to one hit kill birds and (without dodge) two-hit or three-hit kill bears.

But then factoring in dodge, wouldnt the dodge just make bears almost invincible..?

As stated by ghost, they are probably trying to balance the gear. But... What's to keep level 70's from just using the 65 sets..?

Snakespeare
06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
So a debuff can be dodged... But can a skill be critically successful and therefore un-dodge-able? If not, perhaps this is what is needed to enhance our skills. After level 5, for instance, a skill's chance of crit could increase dramatically to compensate for the incredible dodges and evasions.

XghostzX
06-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Hm, I was hopeful that this would be an update where they would attempt to balance the classes. Of course, I'm appreciative of the work the develepors have put into this update.

However, does this not just make birds even less powerful in comparison to mages and bears? I mean, second lowest dodge, and honestly, the "high single target damage" might not even make a difference with Magee being able to one hit kill birds and (without dodge) two-hit or three-hit kill bears.

But then factoring in dodge, wouldnt the dodge just make bears almost invincible..?

As stated by ghost, they are probably trying to balance the gear. But... What's to keep level 70's from just using the 65 sets..?

Using the 65 sets would be the same as if now we're using the 60 sets and so on and so forth. My guess is that everything will feel the same as it is now. This is one of the main problems developers face when creating new content; my main point is that it will all feel the same.

Blind
06-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Friggin drain...

Charmstrange
06-18-2012, 04:38 PM
I really like the idea of adding passive skills. I think in PL there is room for more subtlety in creating builds than in DL, simply based on the way stats are broken down in PL. To take advantage of this variation, one skill point could be spent to "buy" 3 (or 5 or 10) passive points that could then be divided among the passive abilities for more highly individualized builds.

This would be like breaking a dollar into quarters or dimes so you could buy smaller items and not just spend a whole dollar on one thing.

Vuvuzaylor
06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Well, there are two possibilities: - Im a
totally blind gamer (i'm not feeling like one...)
or dodged debuffs are Super rare! I'll try to catch a Screenshot of this if ist Works lol...

Si if it is dodged (Expacially with rank 7) its a serious Problem and an advantage for bears then...

Late
06-18-2012, 04:59 PM
7rage for a 10 :)

JaytB
06-18-2012, 05:10 PM
7rage for a 10 :)

[QUOTE=Samhayne;680170]Additionally, you will need to be level 65 in order to be able to rank any skill up to 7.

Elyseon
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Sounds good, I think there should be minimum level for each skill rank

FluffNStuff
06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
So a debuff can be dodged... But can a skill be critically successful and therefore un-dodge-able? If not, perhaps this is what is needed to enhance our skills. After level 5, for instance, a skill's chance of crit could increase dramatically to compensate for the incredible dodges and evasions.

Not quite what you are getting at, but if a skill can be dodge, a skill should have a chance at a crit. Chance of double debuffs might put defense back into pvp.

Swimmingstar
06-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Yay! Some testing!

Fao
06-18-2012, 06:12 PM
More powerful skills? I think yes! But Sam, I am going to have to give a big fat NO to the skill tree, I love PL the way it is and making it more like another game will most likely make it less unique!

Xazic
06-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Lol... You speak as if classes were already balanced.

Well sorry about that then -.- Never meant that. Point being it's going to be far worse.

Buster
06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
More powerful skills? I think yes! But Sam, I am going to have to give a big fat NO to the skill tree, I love PL the way it is and making it more like another game will most likely make it less unique!

Amen to that brotha!

Jcyee
06-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Not A big fan of skill trees. But passive skils sound cool

Mothwing
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Holy &*%#$ That is A LOT of damage.

ThePvpTwink
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
At least its lv65+ for the 7 skill points. Wont effect pvp too much.

Phoenixking
06-18-2012, 10:25 PM
My idea of skill trees was always
mage- paladin tree : a lot of buffs and DOT for defensive mages
Elemental+arcane tree: a lot of aoe skills focused in pure damage for nukes
Dark/blood magic Mage: a lot of dot and single damage skills that boost self
bird- assassin: a lot of sneaky close range dot with high crit
Sniper: a lot of long ranged fast skills
Blaster: a lot of strong semi long range skills
bear- tank: a lot of armor and dodge buffs and crowd controlling abilities
Slayer: a lot of damage buffs and strong melee skills
Magic blade: a lot of dot semi long range and fast skills (like elemental swords with fire swings and what not)

Phoenixking
06-18-2012, 10:30 PM

Any buff and debuff can be dodged and or can miss.. Same goes for rev... It all boils down to hit% vs dodge vs luck..
Hit and dodge arent related at all you have a chance to hit and if it isn't a miss then they have a chance to dodge

Gaunab
06-19-2012, 04:54 AM
I'll wait to see how the new gear balances things out, but it looks like classes really need a revamp to make PvP enjoyable again...

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-19-2012, 06:09 AM

Hey guys, Apollo here!

Possible Consequences:

~Apollo

nice points apollo, just reminder that we still do not know what would be the items stat for each class?

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
summoning effect please! :)

Renovate
06-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Thought of getting 7 rage for my lv10-17 Dexbear Twinks :) Not after Sam said you will need to be level 65 in order to be able to rank any skill up to 7. :3

Whirlzap
06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
cant believe, that drain goes over 600 o.O amazing...
Birds and bears will get more dodgie than ever lol...hope the debuffs will grow the same size...
Yep, I have personally hit over 600 to a few players with lower armor.
I can show you in game if you want to see later on.

I don't believe Revive misses as in Hit% wise.
I'm pretty sure it works 100% if you use it.
What mages mean when they say "Miss", means that Revive was used out of range or had a blind spot.

But I agree, debuff skills CAN be dodged.
That's the problem.

I'll really start to laugh when Mage's heal can be a miss.

Moogerfooger
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
We have been asking for passive skills and skill trees for close to two years. Make it happen.

Upping skills to 7 is not as exciting as new skills, but hey at least it will lead to a little variety instead of everyone maxed at 6 on almost all skills.

Whirlzap
06-19-2012, 07:20 AM
We have been asking for passive skills and skill trees for close to two years. Make it happen.

Upping skills to 7 is not as exciting as new skills, but hey at least it will lead to a little variety instead of everyone maxed at 6 on almost all skills.

We have also been asking for a new campaign and that always comes along eventually.
I get the feeling passive skills will screw up PvP.

Moogerfooger
06-19-2012, 07:26 AM
We have also been asking for a new campaign and that always comes along eventually.
I get the feeling passive skills will screw up PvP.

In case you haven't noticed, many many things that have been asked for have never materialized, so your campaign-comes-along-eventually doesn't mean much.

Passive skills wouldn't "screw up" PvP, it would lead to more varied builds like in DL. PvP vets may have to re-learn some tactics/experiment with builds. I have seen a lot of negative comments over the last year-plus about how PvP in PL needs to be improved to more than just "whose fingers are fastest" or "who's ping is lowest?", so here is a possible chance.

Variety is better than everyone being the same, in my opinion. DL PvP seems to be pretty fun albeit limited somewhat at this point, I actually play it willingly from time to time ;)

Whirlzap
06-19-2012, 07:28 AM
In case you haven't noticed, many many things that have been asked for have never materialized, so your campaign-comes-along-eventually doesn't mean much.

Passive skills wouldn't "screw up" PvP, it would lead to more varied builds like in DL. PvP vets may have to re-learn some tactics/experiment with builds. I have seen a lot of negative comments over the last year-plus about how PvP in PL needs to be improved to more than just "whose fingers are fastest" or "who's ping is lowest?", so here is a possible chance.

Variety is better than everyone being the same, in my opinion. DL PvP seems to be pretty fun albeit limited somewhat at this point, I actually play it willingly from time to time ;)

Aah, I have never tried DL PvP, so it should be different.
However looking at passives, even if they could cap at 10 points per passive, that's like 10% dodge or 10% crit or something that insane....
At a twink level.

Though that's just an extreme assumption as to what they could do...

OvigorothO
06-19-2012, 08:21 AM

Is your 10k kills backed up by 20k deaths?

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
I never truly liked the idea of passive skills, it can ruin pvp and I don't see it to be so much fun

FluffNStuff
06-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Aah, I have never tried DL PvP, so it should be different.
However looking at passives, even if they could cap at 10 points per passive, that's like 10% dodge or 10% crit or something that insane....
At a twink level.

Though that's just an extreme assumption as to what they could do...

In DL, like the skills, there are level requirements for how many points you can put into them.

Noodleleg
06-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Selling builds for 500k ;)

Pakax
06-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Coming in late on this one...

I would have loved passive skills
I would have loved new skills (more skills)

Although I understand this would have had a massive impact on pvp, I still think this would have rejuvenated the game, particularly if these only become available post 66 for instance, which means this woul dnot have affected builds of twinks.

I am still excited about trying a lvl7 drain and I wonder if mana shield will stay on longer or take less time to mana up ! :-)

Otukura
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Won't the debuff's also go up a level, or are they just drastically underpowered compared to the buffs? If so, then the debuffs need to be fixed as a syeparate issue, though I can see how this is exacerbating that problem.

The problem lies in landing those debuffs on an opponent with such high dodge. Make debuff apply no matter what, let only damage be dodged.

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Make debuff apply no matter what, let only damage be dodged.
Roots, blind, break, shatter, and CB do damage but they are debuffs as well

apocketlegend
06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
1. I hate the skill charts in dl and in sl.
2. If the skill charts came into play from dl and sl to pl it would make many members upset.

Whirlzap
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Why do you hate them?
>.>
@Pakax: Mana shield will just increase in armor. At level 6, it adds +14 or +16 armor I believe

Dynastu
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Coming in late on this one...

I would have loved passive skills
I would have loved new skills (more skills)

Although I understand this would have had a massive impact on pvp, I still think this would have rejuvenated the game, particularly if these only become available post 66 for instance, which means this woul dnot have affected builds of twinks.

I am still excited about trying a lvl7 drain and I wonder if mana shield will stay on longer or take less time to mana up ! :-)

If (or when) they implement passive skills, I would like it to be available for levels below 66. Like DL, they would have to put certain level requirements for each point in a passive skill. The variety of builds at twink levels is also very low, just not as low as endgame. It could use the same revamp as endgame.

Zeus
06-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Make debuff apply no matter what, let only damage be dodged.

Chris, that would make bears heavily disadvantaged and give birds major advantages as nearly all their skills have a debuff.

Whirlzap
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Chris, that would make bears heavily disadvantaged and give birds major advantages as nearly all their skills have a debuff.
Root takes only 30% dodge... you bears will still have 60% dodge or so...right?

Zeus
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Root takes only 30% dodge... you bears will still have 60% dodge or so...right?

Actually, they take up 40+.

Gaunab
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Actually, they take up 40+.

Thorn root -30, thorn wall -25.
Know your numbers. :p

OvigorothO
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Thorn root -30, thorn wall -25.
Know your numbers. :p

Oh snap!

Maynard
06-19-2012, 09:01 PM
The passives are very nice in DL.

mejslll
06-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Love the 7 point skill system, skiers for even more fine tuning w each charter in arena and CTF, passive skills are a great idea, will again allow for fine tuning that the other players will have to make adjustments to, if I want to make a tank flag stealing bear, I can load up dodge, armor and health type passive skills, then ajust "active" skills to even more goal oriented characteristics.
As for the tree type skills in DL I don't like, PL has always had the full skill options and I would like to see that stay.

As for one class being way over powered -- two things here, one over powered for what? Flag getting? Kills? Disruption? Most ppl look at kills for who is best... And of course that is a very good gauge ... However ppl like bglir (a pally mage who get limited kills per game) has over 4000 flags and is clots to impossible to beat in rock wall, pally mages (str mages) like absurd boss o kaarataka are not know for kills so much as extremely hard to kill, and always bat u by getting flags. And a ton of birds that u know will just kill u, but being over powered any single class just means that you have not made the correct adjustments.

No matter the gear or styles of play ... Remember skills kill... Not gear or being over powered... P

MightyMicah
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Honestly I didn't read all the comments, but I think what I'm about to say still applies.

Less gab, more testing.

I'm a 66 pure dex bird in angel gear. I just finished fighting and talking with a 66 str/dex bear in angel gear who agreed that birds are over powered once again. I've been testing for a short time obviously but from what I can see bears have gotten the short end of the stick once again, not the long end.

I fought several mages in angel gear and beat most of them. I'm no god, I got beat alot myself, but from what I can tell mages and birds are about equal now and bears are worse than ever. Like I said, this is very short testing, but it is testing either way, and that is always more efficient than theory.

Uhm I like the idea of the 7 skill thing, I don't like the idea of skill trees, and I'm kind of so so on the passive skill idea. Mainly I just don't want PL to change too much. I fell like after 2 years I finally got the hang of things and I'd hate to see it change :\

Anyways, here's my opinions, take 'em or leave 'em.
~MM

Swimmingstar
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Change of plan or these respecs coming soon?

cainnblecter
06-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Oo idk we get free respecs i just spent plat respec my skills:/ hope that idea stays

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-23-2012, 03:47 AM
why people don't say bring new skills on higher levels (so lower level pvp will not be affected)? like if you reached lvl 66 and have lvl 6 revive you get summoning skill that you can start to rank which boost m/s or dps hehehe there should be something new? this will encourage new players to play... i mean something to look forward as all skills are revealed after lvl 22... (please thanks if you want the idea :distracted:)

Dark Avenger
06-23-2012, 10:01 PM
i like the skills how they are. i do not like the tree skills in DL but i do however like the passive skill aspect. would be interesting to see that in the future of PL :)

springtime
06-29-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not fond of skill trees. I want to be able to use all the skills provided. Choosing is not fun to me.

~A~
06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm not fond of skill trees. I want to be able to use all the skills provided. Choosing is not fun to me.same here