PDA

View Full Version : 100k g = 1p

flaimdude
08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes? No? Your thoughts, right now. :)
Yes, that is 100,000g = 1p. Thus a new update (10p) would be 1M.

Cascade
08-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I like the idea...Of course its not going to be implemented because the devs want money.

Chickdigcookies
08-21-2010, 12:04 PM
i believe Assomers likes to SPEND his paycheck on something REAL...

Cascade
08-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Psh...Justg spends his money on hats...(In-game hats)

FluffNStuff
08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes? No? Your thoughts, right now. :)
Yes, that is 100,000g = 1p. Thus a new update (10p) would be 1M.

While there many reasons this will never happen, think of this one. If gold could be exchanged for plat in anyway, then they would have to remove the ability to trade or give gold ...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-21-2010, 02:41 PM
While there many reasons this will never happen, think of this one. If gold could be exchanged for plat in anyway, then they would have to remove the ability to trade or give gold ...

Lmao, how clever XD.

Gamelova
08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Delete this thread :)

vulgarstrike
08-22-2010, 04:19 PM
naaaaaaaaaaah.

flaimdude
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM

How come? At a rate that ridiculous (or even higher), it would take a TON of time to make that much money. Especially if you're level 18 and trying to get more g to get more levels.

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
How come? At a rate that ridiculous (or even higher), it would take a TON of time to make that much money. Especially if you're level 18 and trying to get more g to get more levels.

Because trading anything that can be exchanged for platinum would be the equivalent of trading platinum. That would essentially link gold to real world money and would have disastrous effects on the current in game economy. It is similar to the reason platinum items can not be traded.

Snakespeare
08-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Had a long discussion about this with my tax accountant wife.

Gold and plat must be kept separate because one is real world assets and the other is not. They have to keep them separate or else it will turn into a taxation nightmare. If there is even a smidge of real monetary reward (i.e. converting gold to plat), the IRS will be able to audit. But as long as they are separate, the IRS considers it a game, no different from Monopoly.

Same reason why you can't sell your account, why they ban you if put it up for sale. It would make gameplay taxable, and nobody wants that, even if the resulting tax is only one penny! It's just simplest to keep real money and game money separate.

What you are saying is that one Kite Shield could be sold 300K, which would be converted to 3 plat, which you could use to buy content. Gear drops would become real money. The IRS would take note, not of you, but of Spacetime. And they probably don't want that.

This has become a serious problem for Second Life, according to my wife, when a guy died and he had tons of internet assets, which had to be claimed by his family on his final tax return. I don't doubt that Spacetime is aware of this, and would prefer to avoid it completely!

icantgetkills
08-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Wow fluff u are a god you make so much sence >.>

bladesword
08-29-2010, 06:43 AM
It aint a smart idea to do that 100k = 1plat idea, the world will be filled with money;
Therefor, the prices will increase as much.
Imagine a thoth helm costing 400k.

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Because trading anything that can be exchanged for platinum would be the equivalent of trading platinum. That would essentially link gold to real world money and would have disastrous effects on the current in game economy. It is similar to the reason platinum items can not be traded.

Not gonna try to understand that.. sounds smart, works for me