PDA

View Full Version : Spear vs Lance

kavanah
08-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Rangepwnsme and I did some testing today with the spear and the lance and here is what happened...

We only used melee attacks and no skills to perform the test. I sat there while he attacked me with lance.

My armor went from 123 to 93 almost instantly and pinged back and forth between 123 and 108 and 93. He killed me within 5 seconds, no skills mind you.

My turn... I attack him with spear and his armor goes to 81 and even to 64 for a second. I keep attacking him... and keep attacking him... and keep attacking him...

He doesn't die... over 1 min attacking him he is regenening quicker than I can dmg him even after breaking armor.

Do what you want with these results but I want a shock lance more than ever now...

Cascade
08-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Just to let you know the "Shock Lance" is actually an alien spear...Just wanted to clarify that :)

Banned
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
This has already been tested in real combat(skill usage), the lance doesn't compare to the spear, OR the plasma sword.

FluffNStuff
08-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Rangepwnsme and I did some testing today with the spear and the lance and here is what happened...

We only used melee attacks and no skills to perform the test. I sat there while he attacked me with lance.

My armor went from 123 to 93 almost instantly and pinged back and forth between 123 and 108 and 93. He killed me within 5 seconds, no skills mind you.

My turn... I attack him with spear and his armor goes to 81 and even to 64 for a second. I keep attacking him... and keep attacking him... and keep attacking him...

He doesn't die... over 1 min attacking him he is regenening quicker than I can dmg him even after breaking armor.

Do what you want with these results but I want a shock lance more than ever now...

So you attacked rng and rng attacked you? Identical stats and equipment? Identical Dodge?

kavanah
08-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Fluff banned and I just re-tested it without outside derivitives and lance shines with bright colors =)

Thelonearcher
08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Omg I'll 1v1 anyone with the spear go ahead use lancer either me or res will destroy you hands down spear wins

kavanah
08-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Omg I'll 1v1 anyone with the spear go ahead use lancer either me or res will destroy you hands down spear wins

Sigh here we go again. You can prove you are better at pvp and have a better pvp build... but lone I did the tests and you either can't comprehend how tests should be done or you are just wanting to believe your own lie.

I'm hoping its the former.

As I told Banned, having two people just duel it out, one using the lance and one using the spear, leaves too many outside derivitives to get any accurate numerical results. I did the PROPER tests already and I'm up for doing more if you wish, but anyone who has done the tests with me can not help but be amazed at the difference.

Yardsalez
08-21-2010, 01:34 PM
The spear beats lance haha anyone will know that ><

Cascade
08-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Yard...I'm assuming you have tested it throughly? Yeah...no....So stay out of it.

Raxie
08-21-2010, 04:57 PM
try buffing yourself and debuffing the opponent and test it that way. that's what's going to happen in game.
also are you both the same class? do you have exactly the same gear and stat distribution? if not, then it is not a fair test.

Gamelova
08-21-2010, 05:05 PM
This case should be closed already -.-
Its obvious that the Shock Lance is better than the old spears..
Since Cascade has said that it is a alien spear and in that case it would just own you..

kavanah
08-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Like I said, I did the proper testings for it and the lance proves by far the better. I could go into an extensive reasoning of why but I don't feel like it. Other people whom have tested these simply said spear was better because they would win at pvp, they didn't do actual static tests using different skills and so forth like I did.

Case is closed, lance wins.

Yardsalez
08-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Um cascade go do more info but ive watch spear vs lance many times and spear wins stop trying to start a flame war

kavanah
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Um cascade go do more info but ive watch spear vs lance many times and spear wins stop trying to start a flame war

I agree that I can handle my own Cascade =)

As far as the lance vs spear thing goes that you've seen, there were so many other things to take into consideration that really negate any sufficient results of which is better. Like I said earlier, having two people duel, one with spear, one with lance, proves nothing. There are too many outside derivitives. I can get someone who plays ping pong professionally to play a random person, give the random person an incredibly good ping pong paddle, and the professional a pretty cheap one, and guess who will win most of the time? Does that mean the professional player had the better paddle? ....

Buddyf97
08-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Our testing we did was amazing. Lance hit way higher and has a way better damage break. Isn't that enough? I mean come on!

Royce
08-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Our testing we did was amazing. Lance hit way higher and has a way better damage break. Isn't that enough? I mean come on!

I'm still not convinced. For an ursan warrior, yeah I think the lance may be better. For a paladin though, I think I'd still take the spear. The basic difference is that the spear can reduce armor by a greater degree than the lance, but the lance is more consistent. Well, with my pally, especially in PvP, I just want to get a couple pokes in to break the armor, and then drop the nuke. If I'm hoping for consistent damage over time to win the fight, I'm going to lose to one of the classes better suited for that sort of fight. Anyway, just some thoughts ;)

And yeah, that was some solid testing, thanks to everyone who participated, especially Kavanah, and Buddy (you were the punchbag right?), I'm just sorry I arrived to late to do anything but spectate.

kavanah
08-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah for pally there is definitely an upper hand if you can get the spear to proc fast enough and can be very dealy if you land a critcal when break armor stacks =)