PDA

View Full Version : Official Humania Feedback Thread

Samhayne
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Please use this thread to post your feedback and suggestions after playing the new lvl 65-71 Humania content.

Thanks!

Moogerfooger
06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Already posted in another thread, but...

Ungodly easy. Disappointingly so, to be honest.

Joystick is moved higher, why even bother moving it? Please move joystick back down. (Samsung Galaxy IIS)

Skill buttons are smaller, but livable.

Nice on the skill increase to 7, will at least possibly lead to a little variety.

Is there a way to turn off the godawful 'one of your friends is online' notification that is incessantly going off? I am not seeing an option to kill it on Android. Major annoyance during runs.

Keep getting disconnected on a strong wi-fi signal. When I force close, I had to re-enter my email to log in, and re-do all of my options. Repeatedly.

P.S.

T'Paxx the Vacationer. Nice.

Join list = hard broke

Not sure if I like the scrolling friend's list...takes longer than old up/down arrow to get to latter part of friend's list, and I ma having a tough time clicking on Message or Join on some later-part-of-the-alphabet friends...could just be me though.

World Map seems unresponsive for a few seconds of attempted L/R swiping, then suddenly works.

At least we are not in castle corridors again. Minus the cartoony mobs and music, reminds me of some of the open maps of the AO series.

Speaking of AO, AO is still king...this doesn't touch it. No stra-tegery required for bosses, I even ran a couple with no elixir and seemed to be just spankspankspankpotpotdone.

wvhills
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm disappointed. The maps are way too long- most of the time is spent running. The mobs are too far apart also. Half of the bosses are reused and non of them require any strategy at all to defeat.

I like the looks of the mobs and the look of the maps are good for one or two maps but not the whole campaign.
I liked the funny signs that were spread throughout and the half buried caskets and totems, etc were cool.

My main problem is how long the maps are. There's no way I'm going to grind on any of these maps because it just takes too long and there's too much walking where nothings going on. Secondarily I think the bosses need beefed up and add some strategy to them.

I expected a lot better considering the 7 month gap between this and fang. I guess you'll find me in dl from now on.

Edit: Just got my angel armor and it is sweet! I was expecting vanities but LOVE the fact that I also go a set with sweet stats! +10 on the armor guys! Just shorten up the walking distances please!

Lowlyspy
06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I haven't even been able to play half of a map. My only option to play any STS game right now is via chrome and i can't cast any spells past the #4 key on my number row.

Reddwing
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Please move the toggle skills button somewhere away from the skills! In dungeons I have all skills and suddenly I have 4! On and off and on and off...

CrimsonTider
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Many of the issues Moog brought up, I concur with. The UI is so bunched together I keep tapping things that are not intended. Other issues:

1. Closing of skills menu is too close to bottom skill. I continuously close my skills while selecting the bottom, right skill.

2. I am not a fan of having to open the chat window upon entering each town/campaign.

3. I also have issues being disconnected with a strong connection and low (between 75-115) ping.

EDIT: I logged on my alts and none of them are showing that they have completed any achievements. Only my 66 bear.

Haven't played enough to check out other things. Will update as needed.

I play on a Droid X.

Beakofjustice
06-19-2012, 08:10 PM
A couple of things that used to be fine got broken. The new graphics are horrible; I hear that this is "the client not the update," but since they happened simultaneously I see no reason to make a distinction. The iPad joystick was moved for no apparent reason, and all the dimensions were changed; the buttons have moved toward the middle of the screen, almost as if to try and trick people into tapping wrong lol. We just wanted new content, not to see things that used to be fine get broken. I will definitely never spend another penny on this game unless you fix the graphics and joystick back the way they were.

Edited: I'll say there is one and only one improvement, in that you can swipe to scroll through lists now, instead of using up/down keys. I haven't tried playing the new maps yet, bc I am so turned off by the new graphics and interface.

Sryyoulose
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Several have mentioned my problems but I'll restate.

1. Skills Tiny! (possibly option to have 2 different sizes.

2. My Joystick is moved and strunk (IPod Touch 4Gen) can't even move.

3. Getting Disconected (Maybe Lots of Ppl because of update?) yes with good ping.

4. Mobs to spread thin. Thrashers make you super powered.

5. several of the links look unoriginal :(

6. Can't rotate camera up and down.

7. HUD tiny.

8. have to re open chat.

9. In Choose charecter screen it now reloads when you click back.

Those are all my problems right now.

Piosidon
06-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Loving the loyalty sets

EDIT: The game just logs me in instantly without letting me get to my alt account

Iaceden
06-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Using Android razor max.

Have to reenter login info and change all settings back to what I want every time I close the game even if I select "remember me"

can't page down on the join game list

Cant turn off the annoying 1 friend online notification

Name text too large

Thanks

IGN: iaceden

Late
06-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Do we get anything for reaching 71?

Swimmingstar
06-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Do we get anything for reaching 71?

Doesn't seem like Fallen Prince is there! Maybe a new set? Hope we have enough time!

Urqui
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Please move the toggle skills button somewhere away from the skills! In dungeons I have all skills and suddenly I have 4! On and off and on and off...

This is what's grinding my gears! The 1 friend online thing too=\ omg that's annoying

boomcycle
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I love the update but there are things that turned me off

1.Larger names
2.I cant see my IGN
3.need to polish graphics
4.mobs are bit stronger than before
5.joystick is too high
6.skill too small
7.pls remove the skilk page button beside the skills
8.repeated process in logging in
9.continous ping change even WiFi signals so strong
10.atleast give away something to PL players(like plat,vanity etc)to ease our disappointment

more power to spacetime studios

IGN:boomcycle

saool
06-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Prince is giving out fang armor fyi...

Edit: sorry I didn't post this in bugs and support or whatever lol

Knockador
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
To be truthful...I 100% dislike this update and wish for it to be reverted. Been playing PL since it came out, my old account...lol that's a different story, you guys have tried bettering our game play , but this...THIS has gone overboard:distress:

1. Log ins not saved
2. Cant see what I'm typing
3. Can't scroll..
Etc...

Riccits
06-20-2012, 01:22 AM
as robert said, the maps are long, bosses r reused and the main bosses are just a joke, nothing original, no stragies required...
Missing the unnerfed AO3 times...

Snipehard
06-20-2012, 02:29 AM
1) Bosses has no strategy, it's a straight-forward fight

2) Joining Game from world selection is glitched, i pressed the arrow down to find desired host but instead it appears to be showing all the same name/hosts in the world game selection...

3) The area is a bit too big, spreading mobs slowed down the xp per hour

3) The notification 'one of your friends is online' is really annoying, it'd be nice to have it toggled off

4) Text/HUD is way toooo large, please reduce it to the original size or at least smaller than the current (I'm using Chrome)

That's all for now! (I'm using Chrome by the way).

Suntv
06-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Joystick too low, iPad

Elegants
06-20-2012, 03:40 AM
AHHHH GAWD !! Samhayne plz i m begginh u .

1) in pvp,when i hit the skills button the effect hits the people like 2 sec thats way to slow!

2)Humania is just fine,i dont get y people rant about it

3)Game console thingy on the below left ,should b place on way bottom .

4) Graphics IS SO UGLY!

5)Names is so big till i cant see my character !

6)it doesnt save my password and email! N also they reset the setting everytime i log out!

Zzzzz.. Ik yall spacetime studious having a hard time there but plz fix this major bug .

Fairy
06-20-2012, 04:18 AM
1) I love the new sound/music!

2) I like Humania, but I expected something more.

3) I like the new achievements.

4) I don't like the graphics. It seems like it got worser. (on ipad)

5) The names above the characters are a little bit too big! And I can't see my IGN (that is something that is bothering me in DL too!)

6) It seems like everything got bigger. It makes me always to try to zoom out.

7) I like my new angelic gear! Thank you so much for this! :D

In general you guys did a great job! Thank you very much for the update!

NECROREAPER
06-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Leave everything how it is but revert the UI back to how they were before.

I understand that its easier to just port one version of the UI for every device/console but not at the expense of your paying customers having to suffer for it; please give us proportionately sized UI's, like how we had before.

Ladyviviane
06-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Tyvm for adding humania the exotic music n graphic r awesome 😍 I like the tiki masks on monsters too 😍There is lil small bugs but u r fixing them already . Hope I'll get my angels 👼 clothes soon again Ty 😘

Whirlzap
06-20-2012, 07:39 AM
I like the huge creativity and lots of music plus changes made to the Humania.
I honestly rather a better-looking campaign than a small-bunched together easily-gained EXP map.
The maps are very large, and I bet lots of people just go to Crypt/Use EXP Access Gain Elix at Hidden Dungeons for EXP instead, but I enjoy the new environment.

Needs an underwater dungeon for the next cap please.

Coke
06-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Many reasons about the new look:

1) Skills are to small, i can't really press them.
2) I can't see my own name.
3) Names are too big.
4) Camera is too close every time i go into a dungeon/towne.
5) Auto - log's me in?!
6) Have to open chatbox every time i go into a dungeon/towne.
7) Joystick to small, and it's further up?

Please sort this out A.S.A.P.

I play on the Ipod 4th Gen.

Humania rocks! Great job STS! :D

Bekalyn
06-20-2012, 08:21 AM
The majority of people have touched on the specific things I was going to mention... so I will not repeat.

However, I will state that it is refreshing to be able to get XP again and level up again! I enjoy the new maps and have no qualms about the enemies being a little bit more spread out. You (devs) obviously worked really hard to bring us something new, and I appreciate it :D *Way to go!!*

Swimmingstar
06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I play on an android, not an android tablet.

Every button is too small.
I think we should be able to see our own name.
Names and titles are too big.
Move back joystick to bottom left.

Um that's not really Humania feedback so...

Bosses need a little more hp and special abilities would be nice.

Drop rates higher.

Some purples? Maybe put them in quests? Haven't seen one yet.

Enemies need lower hp or attack. (Not bosses)

Bug:

When searching for games I can only see the first page. I can tap the arrow to go to other pages but it still shows the first page.

I also agree with the underwater campaign!!!!! It would make sense too!

ImHawk
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Overall great Job STS for yet another successful update, just a couple of bugs to fix ;)

saool
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Leave everything how it is but revert the UI back to how they were before.

I understand that its easier to just port one version of the UI for every device/console but not at the expense of your paying customers having to suffer for it; please give us proportionately sized UI's, like how we had before.

What he said^

Other than that I love Humania!
(aside from obviously, glitches and bugs)

Ladyviviane
06-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Wat happened on mf maps ?!12318

Schnitzel
06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Samhayne, is the beach antennas out yet? I really want one andim on the subscribe emails list. So please send a promo code please?

Dynastu
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Joystick too low, iPad

Yes, definitely. It's in the bottom left, just like the ipod's joystick was originally. You could usually adjust the joystick size and it'd move up. I've been using the joystick in the location just to the right of the home button (in landscape) since I started the game. You have to have your hand in a painful position just to move around, especially backwards...

cainnblecter
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
I cant belive ppl have.waited so long for.this just to find out the "new enimes" are jusy old ones with masks slapped on them even reused ao bosses the scenery is nice but i cant even do runs with these button that are smaller then a dime i play with my thumbs not my pinkys the fact thay the 100 pot option is removed to a max of 60? Why such an awkward number? The anoyin "one of ur friends is online" poppin up every 5seconds when i get a pm n dont reply or look at it right away it also constanly pops up ive been 66 since last week waited all day yesterday and half of tiday for angel gear and the people getting it some of em is cause they wrote support and complained hiw about us bein nice enough to try to be patient for it? That the weapons are almost.the same as the rest in the.game besides new names and stats....how is this an improvement? Especially cause it took so lomg for sys to release it i know we wanted it.fast and u delivered and now were complaing about it but we have.good reasin ive see alot of good active helpful players just quit im trying to hang in but i cant even run fang now im goin wait a week or so and if its not better im afraid im going to have to quit one of my favourite games cause theres ni point in playin whem im stuck in town talking all the time nownow

Zolum
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I really don't like the Humania update. Now don't get me wrong. Humania looks cool and all, it's just the way PL was updated. Really, the layout looks exactly like DL. The graphics completely changed. The look of quest-givers changed. I wanted to get this thread in before the SL update happens. I hope this changes the update. I really don't want the same thing to happen on SL. We get the DL layout and graphics change. I don't want all this change. Change is good, but too much too fat is not good. STS is making every game too alike. I enjoy SL a lot. I know that all STS does to make these updates are not easy. I'm not being dissatisfied. I really love the entire dev/moderator crew. All u ladies/gentlemen from STS are awesome! What you all do is great.

Every game had it's thing though.
PL- the original STS game, basic levels, melee items.
SL- STS’s new release, sci-fi genre, gun-power, better graphics.
DL- vampire genre, best graphics, energy, more solo play

With these updates, every game loses it's uniqueness. They are all tying together. PL is upping graphics. (that's SL's and DL's thing) PL gets the DL layout. (give each game a unique layout) SL will soon look like PL and DL. Each game needs to be different. Also, too many games are being made too quickly. Now AL and WWL is coming. I can't keep up. Soon I technically will be able to keep up on it all because everything will be the same. People are going to start taking sides. We need fans spread throughout the games. If your fans don't grow as u make more games, there are less players constantly on in each game. The most users on forum record may never be broken. Members are going down in SL. Same with PL. I just want each game to have it's own perk. People used to play a certain STS game because it has something that the other games don't. People choose to miss things in one game, because of how much they like the game they are committed to. I currently only play SL. I deleted the other two. Don't think I'll get AL either. I'm worried about the direction these games are headed. I like them all, but they are all losing things. Soon they will all have the same layout, graphics and similar play. (Example of similar play. The endgame play will be the same. How people act when they get to the cap will be the same. In some games most people farm after they get the cap. In the other games they hang out in towns. Soon every game will do the same thing when they get to the level cap.) People just can't make the game their own. Their place to have fun. If every game is the same, once again, sides will be taken. I would hate for one of the games to be shut down, or have barely any users online. Please keep all STS games different. Each game with a unique layout, and graphic type. I may be overreacting. Maybe the SL layout won't change. Maybe it would have. These games are fun. I like to play them. I just don't want them losing their unique style.

Humania itself. Cool, and fun. Great music and plot.

Windwaiker
06-20-2012, 03:54 PM
There's so much trash items.... I wish the greens would at least be decent so I wouldn't get slaughtered in the maps, and I don't have the angel vanity to help. If the gear's only purpose is to be liquidated, they might as well be gray or white colored.

ThePvpTwink
06-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Humania= good. It's nice to be "colorful" again unlike the gray fang. -_-

just change back to the old UI and it'll be perfect! :)

Dark Avenger
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
droid razr bugs. posted on another thread figured id post here too

-every time i start the game up i have to go into got an account which isnt bad. but it never saves my email information anymore and it gets annoying having to type in my email and password all the time.
-also everytime i start the game up i have to redo all of my options. it turns all notifications back on even though i turned them off the previous time, also resets that i have mini map up and the quest helper options...almost as if i uninstalled and reinstalled the app...
-whenever typing and if there is a mistake and i go back to fix it, in the middle of the sentence, it freezes up and says error and force closes the app
-the joystick is glitching. it sticks and doesnt flow smoothly anymore. i cant tell if its because of the new (bad) location or if it is actually sticking.
-the friend online notification appearing is very annoying and there is no way to shut it off.
-you cant join games from map. all the info on there stay the same. you scroll through them all and they stay looking same but appear to be changing.
-everyone's names are huge
-and skills are very very small. on a tablet or computer probably wont be bad but on a phone they seem minuscule and very easy to hit wrong thing with my chubby fingers

McBain
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Since the patch this afternoon, lots of force closes (4-5 within an hour or so), and login info/settings still not remembered.

Joefrankbob
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Major bugs for droidx humana update:

I can only see 5 of 51 items after listing more than 5 in market. After removing an item, one more is available to see.

When viewing an items stats while in inventory or attempting to list the item in market, the item is randomly deselected. This is very annoying.

Even though I completed all chapters in swamps and a few other maps, my achievements are not reflecting that.

Major annoyances of update:

The size of skills is fine (perhaps a choice), the 4 skill swap should not be on gameplay screen though. It gets me killed when randomly switching from full skill list to four by accedently bumping the button.

The double verification of listing/buying or selling items is highly annoying. Asking if I am sure does not decrease error, people build a muscle memory for the action reguardless of pressing one or two buttons to sell. In fact there is an increase of error because response time of the notification is random allowing fast reflexes to accedently select an unwanted item. Either way errors can be recovered.

Too many menus to log out and "are you sure" verifications.

No longer able to buy 100 potions. Price increase is fine. If anything, make it possible to buy 1000 potions.

Make walking distance to bosses or mobs less, even alien oasis update was annoying in this regard. Perhaps letting us know the number of bosses alive next to number of monsters would help this.

Seriously think about every change that was done that slows down game play. People are lazy, they want things faster not slower. The speed increase by slasher does not justify this. I am less likely to purchase one because I don't want to waste my platinum on maps that have less return on xp or items.

Silverpegasus
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes, definitely. It's in the bottom left, just like the ipod's joystick was originally. You could usually adjust the joystick size and it'd move up. I've been using the joystick in the location just to the right of the home button (in landscape) since I started the game. You have to have your hand in a painful position just to move around, especially backwards...

Newest patch:
Virtual joystick - now moved to bottom corner. Options - added virtual joystick size slider. added friends online notification. Options should now be easier to hit on small devices.

The newest update for ipad has killed the game for me. Why make things worse when it works?
Try playing the game with your joystick located at the bottom corner while on ipad, you are going to develop some wrist problem soon. This is a health hazard :sour:

Silverpegasus
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Newest patch:
Virtual joystick - now moved to bottom corner. Options - added virtual joystick size slider. added friends online notification. Options should now be easier to hit on small devices.

The newest update for ipad has killed the game for me. Why make things worse when it works?
Try playing the game with your joystick located at the bottom corner while on ipad, you are going to develop some wrist problem soon. This is a health hazard :sour:

The best position for ipad joystick is right at the leftmost, vertically center. Please revert that back. I have much problem playing now.

Irulelol
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Love how it feels new and not reused, but havnt even SEEN a pink drop yet lol I know alot of us would like an answer for why the pinks dont seem to be dropin :P

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Dear STS Devs,

Thank you very much for the new expansion. I like the designs of the tiki items, and I love to see the way it is easy to grind exp points as it always be. The promo and angelic items are really great ideas too. I give you my thumbs up for the new feature achievement system.

Let me just have some comments on the following but please take them as constructive criticism: "MY LACKING 9"

(1) PINK DROPS:The pink drops are too low -- lower than Mount Fang? -- and not not so many variations. I like the NURI pinks as it has "elite" pinks and normal pinks
(2) SENSE OF NEW ITEM DROPS: I feel the laziness (sorry for the word) of the designs of all item drops as they are all the same designs back from alien oasis. New names are great but I remember when you released the BALEFORT SEWER, all item designs were new and great-looking even if its not pink.
(3) CRAFTING: This is lacking but I guess you are working with this. But please do not repeat NURI's crafting item drop rate. I suggest to use same crafting items used in NURI, MT FANG, FOREST HAVEN and BS plus NEW CRAFTING items for HUMANIA. This will distribute all high level players .. way of helping other low-level players.. putting sense on elixir that can be used to gain exp on low level dungeon .. and last but not the least.. OLD but GREAT dungeons will still be active on games.
(4) VANITIES: I suggest pet vanity drop as in SL. Though I believe you gain some of your operating fees from players spending plat for pets, I suggest a small version of pet -- like - small ballon, 1 small bat, etc.
(5) STORE CONTENTS: I also guess you are on your way on adding some contents in the store. I am excited!
(6) SKILLS: I like the LVL 7 skill cap but would it make sense to add 1 new skill from lvl 66 but skill map will stay the same. In SL, there are many skill to choose from but you are limited to use only 8. You may also add the passive skills as in DL. New players will aim to reach high level to check the new skill.. Old players will respec (use their plat) to see the new skills.
(7) VANITY CAP: I agree with the vanity helm - it has a great design.. I remember in sewer we can craft the vanity helm. I think that was a great idea. Well I suggest it next expansion and the pet vanity cap too.
(8) BOSS: Make it more challenging and exciting as you had created. KEEPER, AUTIE ELMA, GUSTOV, FEVER, KING and QUEEN..
(9) IN GAME TRAPS: Where's the fire create or any traps? This will create laughs when doing runs. Remember the "fried chicken" in BS?

Thanks,
Elfwarden

Wererhino
06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
The new maps are too easy. Mobs are spaced far apart and bosses require no strategy. It's not fun to run just feels like a grind. Even at the end of 66 cap I could still run Mt Fang and hope for pinks, but these new pinks aren't any better than the free angel gear everyone got so I can't find any motivation to run. But the big buzz kill to me is zones/bosses, not challenging at all.

Irulelol
06-24-2012, 01:52 PM
The new maps are too easy. Mobs are spaced far apart and bosses require no strategy. It's not fun to run just feels like a grind. Even at the end of 66 cap I could still run Mt Fang and hope for pinks, but these new pinks aren't any better than the free angel gear everyone got so I can't find any motivation to run. But the big buzz kill to me is zones/bosses, not challenging at all.

I didnt get angel gear :P

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Dear STS Devs,

Thank you very much for the new expansion. I like the designs of the tiki items, and I love to see the way it is easy to grind exp points as it always be. The promo and angelic items are really great ideas too. I give you my thumbs up for the new feature achievement system.

Let me just have some comments on the following but please take them as constructive criticism: "MY LACKING 9"

(1) PINK DROPS:The pink drops are too low -- lower than Mount Fang? -- and not not so many variations. I like the NURI pinks as it has "elite" pinks and normal pinks
(2) SENSE OF NEW ITEM DROPS: I feel the laziness (sorry for the word) of the designs of all item drops as they are all the same designs back from alien oasis. New names are great but I remember when you released the BALEFORT SEWER, all item designs were new and great-looking even if its not pink.
(3) CRAFTING: This is lacking but I guess you are working with this. But please do not repeat NURI's crafting item drop rate. I suggest to use same crafting items used in NURI, MT FANG, FOREST HAVEN and BS plus NEW CRAFTING items for HUMANIA. This will distribute all high level players .. way of helping other low-level players.. putting sense on elixir that can be used to gain exp on low level dungeon .. and last but not the least.. OLD but GREAT dungeons will still be active on games.
(4) VANITIES: I suggest pet vanity drop as in SL. Though I believe you gain some of your operating fees from players spending plat for pets, I suggest a small version of pet -- like - small ballon, 1 small bat, etc.
(5) STORE CONTENTS: I also guess you are on your way on adding some contents in the store. I am excited!
(6) SKILLS: I like the LVL 7 skill cap but would it make sense to add 1 new skill from lvl 66 but skill map will stay the same. In SL, there are many skill to choose from but you are limited to use only 8. You may also add the passive skills as in DL. New players will aim to reach high level to check the new skill.. Old players will respec (use their plat) to see the new skills.
(7) VANITY CAP: I agree with the vanity helm - it has a great design.. I remember in sewer we can craft the vanity helm. I think that was a great idea. Well I suggest it next expansion and the pet vanity cap too.
(8) BOSS: Make it more challenging and exciting as you had created. KEEPER, AUTIE ELMA, GUSTOV, FEVER, KING and QUEEN..
(9) IN GAME TRAPS: Where's the fire create or any traps? This will create laughs when doing runs. Remember the "fried chicken" in BS?

Thanks,
Elfwarden

any refeedback?
Hi players! voice out your feedback here for humania expansion!

vampinoy
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Overall I give this campaign 6 out of 10. I could have given it a higher score if not for the uninspiring boss battles.

Story: "The Heroes of Alterra have pushed the monsters threatening the Elf Queen’s domain out further and further from the mainland. Left with few strongholds, evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania." Samhayne

Nothing much to say about the story, it's as simple as it can get, the entire story of the campaign is literally that phrase above, nothing more nothing less. The story is there for the sake of having one. The story doesn't have plot holes since the plot is too thin anyway...that's my problem with the story in this expansion (and the others), it's forgettable. In today's gaming era, storytelling is starting to become a lost art...games like Xenogears, Final Fantasy 1-7...Zelda...Lunar...those games are long gone...and Pocket Legends has fallen victim to the bad-story-telling-syndrome of this gaming era. Story-wise, the expansion provided one, but it's too forgettable they could just have decided not to have one and nobody would notice...even Famicom games told better stories. Finally, for the love of all gods, why doesn't PL have quest logs? So players can read their previous quests. Unless we all have photogenic memories that we can instantly memorize everything, we need a journal/quest log, so we can read our previous quests. Definitely this is not the highlight and possibly the worst part of this expansion. 3/10

Gameplay: I will not touch on issues that already existed prior to this expansion and instead focus entirely on what's new namely: Quests, Achievements, and Skills. Quests, there's nothing to talk about, they're the usual bring-me quests. Achievements, I must say this is one of the stronger points of this expansion, it gave both new and old players a reason to play and not just mindless grinding. I know this Achievement System is still in its grass roots, we can only expect greater things to come out from it, it's definitely a good start. The max skill upgrade definitely changes the playing field a little bit, now, people can be a little different...that's better than being totally identical. Again, it's a good upgrade (not huge, but good), it should only get better especially when max skill levels go up to 8, 9 even 10. Variety is always good in an MMORPG. The mystery of not knowing what build is the best in PVE or what build you're up against in PVP is one of the good stuff in MMORPG, sadly, prior to this expansion, everyone was the same...I give this skills upgrade double thumbs up. On the side, I was half-expecting that the new gameplay would include "being able to charge your attacks/skills" like in DL for a price (maybe immobility or more mana cost), that would really change the PVP/PVE playing field by a huge factor...I'm still not giving up on this idea though, I hope this happens. So to summarize, they get 2 out of 3 new gameplay-related expansions correct: 9/10

Graphics: Overall, the same cartoony looking graphics, it has a casual feel to it. When you play pocket legends, you know you can sit back and relax because of the soft graphics. There are some frame rate issues here and there, and some missing pixels...but for the most part, the game is pretty smooth. I also like that you can now zoom far away so you are aware of your environment: 8/10

User Interface: I won't go into details on each UI issue when the expansion launched, but what I will tell you is that it's actually growing on me. There's a sleeker look into it, but I can't put a finger on one aspect. The UI is playable now after the patches, and that's what's important. Currently, I only have one issue left, the virtual joystick's location in my IPad is too low. Until it goes up to the middle portion of my Ipad, I can't give this a perfect score: 8/10

Frame Rate/Connection: One word, LAG. I have a fast network connection, I'm playing other internet games that host their servers in NA and EU and it's only Pocket Legends that's really lagging so I know it's a server issue (reaching bandwidth upper limit most probably). Although it did improve compared to Day 1 of the expansion, it's still there especially in PVP: 5/10

Audio: I like the background music, it's a breath of fresh air. It gives life to the environment, you will really feel you're in a beach because of the BGM. I also like the minor voice acting of the bosses, but they could have made it more audible. 8/10

Boss Battles: Did I say story was the worst part? I take it back, the bosses are. The bosses are too easy. They are all melee bosses, so all you need to do is kite and spam pots, which makes for linear battles. To STS, dungeon itself is already not exciting with all the walking, at least put sparks on the boss battles. Sewers, Nuri's and Mt. Fang had creative and unique boss battles (Roach, Panto, Emma, etc.), but Humania doesn't have a single boss performing a unique skill (except for the opening closet by Koko Krunch but really?). All bosses in Humania can easily be overwhelmed by a party. A boss should always have that chance to wipe out even the best parties, give a fight, not just be a punching bag: 2/10

Dungeons and Mobs: Design Layout is really nice, they were able to accurately develop that "isle" and "beach" dungeoning. The downside is that each instance takes too long to complete. It would have been acceptable if the length of the dungeon was due to having more enemies, or tougher mobs but that's not the case, the main reason why dungeons take longer to complete is due to running, the gaps between mobs are too far which makes for a boring experience. For the mobs, I wouldn't call them rehashed because most of them were enhanced a little bit, they put masks in their face, those trolls worshiping some sort of exploding stone, etc. these are small things that I appreciate and I'm not being too hard on them because I understand they don't have unlimited bandwidth and needs to work on what they have, as it is now we're all experiencing lag that's due to their bandwidth reaching their upper limits, they're still a young and growing company and they deserve to be given some sort of leeway...plus the game is free so they cannot upgrade as quick as a pay-to-play. In terms of the look, the game delivered, but it failed in the convenience aspect. I'm always lenient when a game compromises convenience, I can live with it: 7.5/10.

In Summary:
Story: 3/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10
User Interface: 8/10
Frame Rate/Connection: 5/10
Audio: 8/10
Boss Battles: 2/10
Dungeons and Mobs: 7.5/10

Total: 50.5/80 or 6/10, passing mark. With the upcoming patches, it can only get better from here, I hope a re-vamp on the bosses be implemented (at least the names, Tiki God is good, but Koko Krunch, that's the name of my favorite cereal. I know you can do better STS). The dungeon I think is fine, just don't do it again in next expansion (short instances but sweet action). I'm looking forward to the new item sets and how they will balance the PVP. I'm also anxious if there will be guild improvements later on. What really killed the expansion for some is the 7 month waiting period...that's a long time and this expansion did not fit the hype that was built in the duration (maybe if it was cut short to around 4-5 months, people would be more forgiving).

That's my take. Sorry if it's too long and you didn't read, but I hope a dev finds this helpful.

Schnitzel
06-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi sam, i know this is off topic but making a new thread on my ipad doesnt work so imma post here
Hi devs
Me and my friend Rapidshadow both have founders helms as do many other players
We were hoping you would allow founders helms to give out silver antennas with (same color as founders helm gemstones) purple pulsing through it thanks! After all aoa hats give out mini hats and droids, devs and mods give antennas so why cant the original players of pl?
Please consider this suggestion and i hope it can be added to pl's already awesome game. But i believe adding this feature to the founders helms will make people want to get on pl and get these cool antennas thanks!

Roberto077
07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
the patch is nice but I still haven't received my AGELIC GEAR! I've emailed support and got not help and checked my purchases a million times. The total always comes out to $55

slaveleia
07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Great new campaign especially the music...drumbeat.

Devs, if you still read this...I still want a Mantle of Humania...Volcanut. I haven't lost my desire for it, just to let you know there's demand for it. I would be so happy if you still re-introduced it into the Humania campaign. I ran with a bear today wearing it, looked so epic!

LadiiBleu
07-29-2012, 07:06 PM
I like the new,game update - humania.... Dont like that the fur gee furball quest is so difficult to completea.