PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Changed User Interface in Pocket Legends

Samhayne
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone,

We want to let you all know that we are aware of your feedback and suggestions with the User Interface changes to Pocket Legends. Our intent with the change was to streamline our User Interface (UI) systems as we develop for multiple devices. The intent is to considerably speed up how we can change things to the UI.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused with the new UI. We appreciate your input and are looking at how we can improve the UI to better address your concerns.

Xionskull
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
The iOS is basically impossible to use please change back

Sryyoulose
06-19-2012, 08:24 PM
It's very hard to use on iPod touch 4th gen. I can't even move... Skills tiny hard to hit. Keep accidentally bumping close skills to....

Nick41324
06-19-2012, 08:27 PM
It's very hard to use on iPod touch 4th gen. I can't even move... Skills tiny hard to hit. Keep accidentally bumping close skills to....
Same.

Otahaibab
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
however on the ipad the skills are HUGE when I advance to the next level, the skills overlap "continue to next level"

Eldaloth
06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Playing on an iPad 2 here.

Make the interface smaller. More compact. The buttons are enormous. The text is enormous. The joystick is enormous. Having the option set to show guilds has now gone from a timesaver to a crippling disability. It's ridiculously difficult to tell what's going on, especially with a decent sized party and their names bobbing everywhere.

The interface has gone from taking up a reasonable section of the screen, to being pretty much the only thing on the screen. It would be nice to see my character. Even nicer to see the monsters I'm attacking. It could have been smaller before. At twice the size, it is far too large.

Also, design nitpicks. Buttons running directly up to the edges of the screen? A minimap which used to fit perfectly and hasn't actually gotten bigger now needing to be scrolled? Icons and art stretched so badly they still look pixelated from across the room?

There is one thing which I do very much appreciate, and that is the ability to scroll using swiping, rather than hitting arrow keys. One small step forward, many large ones back, unfortunately. I'll still play, but I won't be buying any more platinum until the interface is made less of a hassle. It was a beautiful game you had here, especially considering the limitations. Now it's...

...oh wait, I can still see a bit peeking out somewhere.

Beakofjustice
06-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree with most of the specifics of these posts, and in general I'd say, "Reverse this update." Keep the swiping through lists, and eliminate everything else except the new content. You messed up the UI badly, and no one asked for that to happen.

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
It seems like the UI is switched around, where the ui for iPad looks like iPhone and the one on iPhone looks like iPad UI

GALiXENTOR
06-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I tend to close my skills multiple times ina dungeon, sometimes even turn off auto. On ipod 4th gen the top right corner log over laps the chat log like when the '1 friend online' thing pops up and you have to wait it out.. Other than that i love it.

Fredobasy
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Sam the spell buttons are too small make em bigger

Xazic
06-19-2012, 08:55 PM
iPad UI needs a serious change. The screen is far too large and so are the skills, can't even play properly.

XghostzX
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey Sam! Just thought I might give the feedback and bugs that I'm finding. I love the content, but once the bugs are fixed it'll be better. Here's what's going on with me and hopefully I can sum it up.

-Overall, lag is constantly caused with the new interface. I averaged about 100 ping before Humania, now I average anywhere from 350-1020.
-Constantly there's a pop up window that says "1 of your friends are logged on"
-The Angel Sets not coming (of course it's being fixed from the latest announcement)
-The skill buttons (as well as various other pages/buttons) sizes are too large for Ipad (runs over 'go to next level' sign), I haven't tried it on the Ipod or Iphone yet, but I've heard they're either too small or missing a skill.
-Whenever the game is updated, it causes players to disconnect 1-3 times and then the sign pops up in game saying, "5 minutes: A quick update!"
-The new chat text color is sweet, but the letters are a bit too large to actually fit in to the box.
-Players usernames are too large in general when you see them in towne or in a game.
-Crafted sets from 65 sets don't sparkle :P
-I have over 20k pvp kills and over 10k CTF kills. The numbers don't fit on the page, it looks as if I have 2 billion PvP kills.
-You can't use the 'Q' and 'E' keys using chrome for PL to scroll the screen around.
-For the Achievement where you have to fill up your inventory and then buy more slots, this isn't possible for players who have bought all 500 inventory slots. (I may be doing something wrong.)
-Trouble scrolling through the CS.
-Issues with PvP (Killing yourself as Kanital posted) as well at CTF that has been tested from our guild.
-When you use the Ice Talon, the image of the talon in air stays still leaving 'talion spam' all over the room.

I can edit this post as I found more bugs, but thought I might as well bring the feedback in one post that I can find.

Overall, I say bring the old UI back. This is coming from a player who's experienced the game from nearly the first week of PL. I've been able to cope with many updates (updated including the Global cool down, that was tough) but I feel players will have trouble getting used to this. As always, I know you guys will fix these problems like you always do.

Also, I think people continue to flame in game and rage due to what's happening. Most don't realize that the forums are here; I think the forums should be emphasized more so players can check what's going on.

Ccmman
06-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Yes, I agree, plz change the UI back and make the names smaller

iBLaCKOuTzxX
06-19-2012, 09:20 PM

SAME! And Sam, PLEASE make the set bonus see-able in avatar screen!

Advicatus
06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Insane lag and my skill buttons are too small. This game is unplayable now. Too much stuff in such a small area

Charmstrange
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
-I have over 20k pvp kills and over 10k CTF kills. The numbers don't fit on the page, it looks as if I have 2 billion PvP kills.

I doubt this is a bug. Clearly you are an epic monster of the arena!

As for the UI, I like the look on android and most things are working ok. I would prefer not to have so many things popping up when I'm in a run though. New friend requests are fine, since I often make new friends on runs, but I don't need to be reminded at regular intervals that I have friend requests from town to manage at. (idk if this is a UI issue or not)

Back
06-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Are you kidding me? Graphics on my phone are worse than a free 2D game.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

~A~
06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Lol... everything is too tiny for my kindle screen

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
New chat text color? Wut DAT?

Beakofjustice
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Plainly lots of things that didn't need to be changed got changed for the worse.

Staryknight
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Why can you no longer see your own name? :( Especially with titles, I want to be able to see my own. Also not gonna lie I will have problems remembering which alt I'm on if its not displayed right in front of my face lol.

As many others have said the size of everything on the ipad is just wrong. Please revert or consider alternatives.

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 10:06 PM
It seems like they where giving the Dark Legends ui to Pocket Legends :/ some good features have been added but some shouldn't have

NinjaColor
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Move the joystick up more on the iPad like it used to be.

thedream
06-19-2012, 10:11 PM
My biggest complaint about this update is the interface even when I look at another character page it just looks ridiculous I'd say just change back to the old Ui cause I'm considering quitting just over this it's completely ruined my pocket legends game experience

Jcyee
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I think that there is just too much going on on ur screen. Just seems theres too many things.... Maybe cuz the skills r bigger

KaiserOfDeath
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Whats up with the computer controls?! I cannot find which button is for health or mana, or what buttons are for the skills, i can do is move and use 4 skills D:

And with the cellphone i got lot of lag, the skill buttons are too little and with the little notification "1 friend is online" (or something like that) is awful!!

Shellkaz
06-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey folks give the new UI a chance. And give the devs a chance to make things right. Now there are some glitches. I wont deny that. But to tell them to ditch it is unfair. I'm probably one of the oldest players in the game, age wise that is. I'm over 50. I got used to the UI in DL and it works just fine. I'll get used to this one too.

I'll be willing to bet that the problem with the buttons and the large fonts have to do with the retina display for the iPad 3. It was the same thing in DL. The most excellent devs will fix it. They always do. :-)

Thanks for the new content. Now all we need are drinks with little umbrellas in them to go with the beaches. ;-)

However I wish that there was a way to shut off that annoying "1 of your friends is on line" alert. Hopefully it will get smaller and less intrusive.

Beakofjustice
06-19-2012, 10:20 PM
My biggest complaint about this update is the interface even when I look at another character page it just looks ridiculous I'd say just change back to the old Ui cause I'm considering quitting just over this it's completely ruined my pocket legends game experience

This very well sums it up. It's a lot like the "three taps away" emote update that ruined emotes for a week. Then you "fixed" it by putting emotes two taps away. Please, I'm begging you on behalf of all of us, please stop trying to fix things that were perfect. This update has made a beautiful game look and play horribly. Just undo this damage, PLEASE.

Edited: also considering ditching this game permanently. I can't believe I've wasted so much money on it, to be treated like I don't matter, both by updates that diss on longtime players and by devs emailing me to make irrational statements about my very legitimate concerns. No thanks, Sam.

Stevenmc
06-19-2012, 10:27 PM
The iPod 4th gen skills are very small, and it's hard to hit the right one.

JaytB
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree with the constructive feedback some gave here about the user interface. Names too big, skill buttons too big, well everything too big really (on iPad)... It looks a bit like phone and tablet interfaces got switched somehow. On my iPhone things look tiny, while on my iPad everything is just HUGE.

On a positive note, I do love the sharpness of the graphics on the new iPad :D

Nommos
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I understand that u made one interface for all platforms, so u can change thinks quickly etc etc, but u must have different resolutions for every platform . As any other iPad user says, the interface is so big that makes the game unplayable. It's ok to have some bugs here and there, but with so big interface u can't even play the game. Having skills open, take almost the half screen. Not mention again the huge font at player names. The worst part is that I'm not sure if u can solve this with a simple update or we must wait for a new client again :/
I didn't even make a run in the new dungeons, and Im not feeling fun doing any run with that big names and a popup constantly shows that "a friend" is online :/
Please leave the new interface as it is updated, but fix the resolution.

Ccmman
06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok, so now that I've done a few runs (without lag, yes!) I've got slightly used to it. But, the joystick needs to be moved up and the skills smaller for iPad 2. Also, I seem to have found a cs glitch- when I try to sell an item, it will randomly jump away and the item won't be selected? Anyone else?

Lightningspeed
06-19-2012, 11:16 PM
The new iphone interface is quite bad. Firstly, the expanded skill slots toggle is too easy to trigger. A slight accidental touch would trigger it and leave you with only 4 skills to use. Also, skill buttons can afford to be bigger. Lastly (I'm not sure if this can be adjusted, but I can't find any such option), the notification whenever one of your friends come online is especially annoying when most of us have like countless friends in the list.

Darkfader
06-19-2012, 11:24 PM
At Samsung galaxy s2, Droid 4.0.3 (phone version)

Move joystick lower and right.
Increase size of skills.
Increase size of attack button.
Decrease size of names and titles.
Add into options every option there is available. Currently missing LEAST, filter chat and notification for friend online.
Lower/replace item loadout button. Too close to back arrow
Relocate skills page changer to menu or somewhere, where I won't all the time hit while using skills. (resizing skills might get rid of this)
Move chatbox to left.
At inventory when you choose item from list it sometimes randomly removed it being chosen. Not big deal but it did it many times when tried fast sell all usless items.
Can't see text I write at the top of screen.

That's my wishlist and problems what new ui most annoys me.

thecrankybearsam
06-19-2012, 11:47 PM
HOLD UP!!! I love it :)

Sent from my IPOD4

JaytB
06-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Ok, so now that I've done a few runs (without lag, yes!) I've got slightly used to it. But, the joystick needs to be moved up and the skills smaller for iPad 2. Also, I seem to have found a cs glitch- when I try to sell an item, it will randomly jump away and the item won't be selected? Anyone else?

Experienced the weird automatic deselecting of items you're trying to sell on CS too. Only tried on my iPhone though.

thecrankybearsam
06-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I love the titles, I love everything still. STS just made it better guys in my opinion. New Map, New Achievments, New quests. Everything is the SAME, just with bigger names, and different profile pose. It was a well done update, and I love the new log in screen. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my IPOD4

Moogerfooger
06-20-2012, 12:01 AM
I love the titles, I love everything still. STS just made it better guys in my opinion. New Map, New Achievments, New quests. Everything is the SAME, just with bigger names, and different profile pose. It was a well done update, and I love the new log in screen. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my IPOD4

Sorry, a "well-done update" does not include massive glitches that were obviously not quality-control checked very well. Nor repeated random disconnects (although this may have been already patched). The "Join" screen is a total fail. Nor the random "one of your friends is online" constantly popping up...I could go on and on. Sunshine pumping does not cover up the fact that this is possibly one of the buggiest launches they have had since before AO1, which again does not qualify for "well-done update".

Everything is NOT the "same".

Your opinion is valid and your opinion...I just happen to utterly disagree with it. There is some cool new stuff...but so much is broken right now.

Kanitall
06-20-2012, 12:08 AM
SAME! And Sam, PLEASE make the set bonus see-able in avatar screen!

I doubt this is a bug. Clearly you are an epic monster of the arena!

As for the UI, I like the look on android and most things are working ok. I would prefer not to have so many things popping up when I'm in a run though. New friend requests are fine, since I often make new friends on runs, but I don't need to be reminded at regular intervals that I have friend requests from town to manage at. (idk if this is a UI issue or not)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/bd0ca37f.jpg

Kanitall
06-20-2012, 12:10 AM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/743b3ed6.jpg

Iphoneington
06-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I agree that it is a little tough but it just takes a little getting used to. The Devs did a fascinating job on all of the new items and I thank them for this.

JaytB
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Just found another bug (iPhone). When you're selling more than 5 items simultaneously in CS, you can't use the up and down arrows to see what more you're actually selling. So you can basically only see the first five items, while the up/down arrows don't do anything.

deviousdemon
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
names of opponents in pvp r not shown anymore - using iphone btw

Elegants
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
K names font getting bigger i cant see my own char lolz, there is alot of space in inspect page which is looked ugly ,people r lagging everywhere in pvp ,Too close n hard to move lastly FIX THIS PLZ

XghostzX
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Keep posting issues, I'll add them to my list :D

Back
06-20-2012, 12:40 AM
So far I found these tgings quite annoying on my Galaxy Y

1. Small fonts, skills and joy sticks on a small screen (320x240). Graphics seems to be stretched out side ways.. Making the character look fat.. Lol?

2. Unable to scroll to join games. Same goes for CS sales.

3. Joy stick sensitivity needs to be reduced.

4. Annoying "One of your friend is online" notification. Do I suppose to care about who is online?

5. Avatar tab can no longer be accesible by pressing "option" key, instead "back" key is doing so but showing random tabs like skills, inventory at a time.

6. Make new tab for achievements and titles. Avatar tab is pretty crowed.

7. Large fonts for name but I can't see my name.

8. Many more to come.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

YYZ????
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Anyone remember "Where's Waldo"? With the new big font let's play "Where's YYZ?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x414/YYZ----/c9e16194.jpg

xxteargodxx
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Not sure about most others but I personally am finding the joystick too high on the iPhone for me to play comfortably. After a while of playing I tend to be moving my camera rather than the joystick from my thumb slipping off it even though that's my own issue still the joystick is too high and uncomfortable for me.

Also the buttons of pretty much everything is much much smaller and a wee bit harder to press..Even if you cant bring them back to full size just making them a tiny bit bigger even would help.

Suntv
06-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Joystick too low on iPad, that rendered the game unplayable.

thedream
06-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Ya it's so uncomfortable on iPad aswell with the joy stick also when you look at someone's avatar or even your own it's looks weird and demented like this. http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/b734458a.jpg when it should look normal like this.http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/86b4281a.jpg Needs to get fixed ASAP.

Everyone'sFavMage
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Arrows for scrolling pve and pvp game lists are not working

Beshrew
06-20-2012, 01:01 AM
I've seen many problems with skill attacks when It comes to distance. When I pvped with my twink I hit a pal of mine from clearly farther then 12m but when he firestormed me clearly 8m or less it misses. PLEASE FIX :) Can I haz cheeseburger?

Silverpegasus
06-20-2012, 01:05 AM
The up down arrow doesnt work on ipad. That includes the join game screen. i can only see the first page, hosted by characters with name A to B mostly.
Im already beginning to have an eyesore from all these zoomed put fonts and graphics, even after i set the zoom out to max.
Anyone has a De-magnifying glass to lend me?:beguiled:

Riccits
06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Just found another bug (iPhone). When you're selling more than 5 items simultaneously in CS, you can't use the up and down arrows to see what more you're actually selling. So you can basically only see the first five items, while the up/down arrows don't do anything.

sorry if someone said already, but same issue has the game list.

JaytB
06-20-2012, 01:45 AM
I wanted to confirm that the problem with CS listings is also there on the iPad. Basically, when selling you can only see 5 items listed, even if you have listed more. Arrows up/down simply don't work (tried scrolling too).

This is very annoying when you have more than 5 CS slots. On my main I have 52 slots that are basically useless at the moment. The only way to relist an item of mine, is to buy it myself and then relist it. But you need to know exactly what you're selling to check if someone has undercut you or not.

Hope this gets fixed soon :)

Blind
06-20-2012, 03:34 AM
You guys killed the game lol, why mess with the UI and stuff? Could have just added content through patch like nuri's.

I don't even wanna play now, seriously.

Devs pls look into Apollo's thread and fix all this crap.

duh...i'm gonna go do my assigment.

LADYHADASSA
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
The up down arrow doesnt work on ipad. That includes the join game screen. i can only see the first page, hosted by characters with name A to B mostly.
Im already beginning to have an eyesore from all these zoomed put fonts and graphics, even after i set the zoom out to max.
Anyone has a De-magnifying glass to lend me?:beguiled:

Scrolling withnarrows does not work you are right... Now use your finger youch list and gently move finger up or down for lists :)

LwMark
06-20-2012, 04:35 AM
lol at chat in kanitall pvp pic

HunterSLAYER
06-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Works great on [Phone model no. below]-ROOTED and Modified with gpu performance scripts and many other technical stuff.

Performance generally seems to be ALOT better with the new UI. Ping scores/count is a little bit lower(Which means less laggy).

Maps seems to load faster, although players usernames are SERIOUSLY TOO BIG! Skill buttons became smaller on HUD (but still work really well).

Also, the client(occasionally) would force close(better than the new DL Client at least).

Overall, in my opinion, the new UI is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the old UI.

Works pretty much the same on Gtab 10.1(Int. Ver.)

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Ok now that I've played one map, confirmed: the game doesn't just look horrible on iPad, it plays horribly. 3 deaths for no good reason, the buttons and joystick would take a LOT of getting used to, and I'm not a member of the "just get used to it" crowd. I'm more on the "why should I get used to something being broken?" side of things.

I do understand the reason for the resizing of everything. It makes the devs' work easier. And it kills the game.

Definitely not gonna bother playing even one more map unless they fix the graphics, font... Heck pretty much the whole update. And they won't. Goodbye, pocket legends. Used to be an awesome game.

Windwaiker
06-20-2012, 06:47 AM
I dislike the profiles because I'm always looking for the names of characters and then see them on the bottom. I think the older profiles and mute/friend/boot options on the bottom were much more streamlined.
Also, I hate scrolling through the inventory, can there be an option to both slide and tap arrows for looking through?

I do like the character selection in the beginning with the new angle at which the character is shown, and the buttons all being on top.

Like everyone else, the buttons are too small on mobile devices, but too big on the iPad, and the name text is way too large.

Coke
06-20-2012, 06:50 AM
At Samsung galaxy s2, Droid 4.0.3 (phone version)

Move joystick lower and right.
Increase size of skills.
Increase size of attack button.
Decrease size of names and titles.
Add into options every option there is available. Currently missing LEAST, filter chat and notification for friend online.
Lower/replace item loadout button. Too close to back arrow
Relocate skills page changer to menu or somewhere, where I won't all the time hit while using skills. (resizing skills might get rid of this)
Move chatbox to left.
At inventory when you choose item from list it sometimes randomly removed it being chosen. Not big deal but it did it many times when tried fast sell all usless items.
Can't see text I write at the top of screen.

That's my wishlist and problems what new ui most annoys me.

Agreed! :)

Xionskull
06-20-2012, 06:53 AM
I tend to close my skills multiple times ina dungeon, sometimes even turn off auto. On ipod 4th gen the top right corner log over laps the chat log like when the '1 friend online' thing pops up and you have to wait it out..Other than that i love it.

I totally agree with this and what sryyoulose said. And please make the joystick a bit farther down on the screen

SVTcobra
06-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Change everything back to normal will be a good idea.

demoncrate
06-20-2012, 06:56 AM
+1

Apart from this the trackpad for movement is tiny in all devices. It was a taxing job just to move. I checked this on 3 devices.
Xperia Play
iPod Touch 4th Gen
10" tablet Advent Vega

Please give us the old UI back.
I am normally a big fan of your work, but at this particular occasion I am left far from appreciative.
The long wait it seems was for nothing. You guys had ample time to polish the UI and actually test it. I mean Xperia Play and iPod are common devices. You could have noticed that performance had dropped to below mediocre. If you wander around Baltefort Castle you might notice that you can't spot the merchant because the display names are way too big. Further, the list up/down buttons are no longer produce a correct output.
Also, the auto log in doesnt work.

The guild name addition is quite good. This along with all the new social additions show that you guys are committed to promoting social interaction.

Hope you get a fix out soon though. Another two weeks (sigh from Apple users).

Elyseon
06-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Same

Cr7
06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I bet they've just mixed up the UI's for iPhone and iPad. Amateurs...

This way the Game is unplayable for me.

Chopper
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM

This way the Game is unplayable for me.

Yes, it completely takes away from the enjoyment of exploring a new map finally.

~A~
06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

This way the Game is unplayable for me.you didnt have to go and make a new account to slam sts, man.

Martyntje
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
It looks like iPad has the UI of iPod and iPod has the UI of the iPad, anybody else noticed?

Marty.

Buster
06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
I took a long break wen the global shutdown was implented.... i might take another

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 09:37 AM
What cr7 said was spot on. Given the time they had to come up with this update, it is not weak. It's amateur work, and makes me wonder if the devs have simply given up and are moving on to another project. Sell us a bunch of new hats and completely trash the size of graphics on all devices, to make their work easier the next time they feel like trashing another game feature. I loathe this update, and I'm done with the game unless they listen and fix it. But they won't.

Edited for spelling. Because sentient beings can recognize their mistakes. 

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Speaking of which, I've said it before but I'll reiterate. Remember the emote update? Taking away the ability to have emotes onscreen all the time? Used to be that we could kick out an emote with one click, then they changed it to three clicks, which I doubt even one single person asked for. ("Hey, can you make it more difficult to use a fun game feature?") after user outcry, they "compromised" by taking it back to two clicks, where it remains.

That's what the devs are going to do here. "Compromise," take the money and run. They won't admit their error or fix it. We are all victims of a gaming tragedy.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Oh yeah one more thing lmao. I won't even bother downloading arcane legends. You're way too busy messing up your cash cow to get it right making yet another game. Hacks.

neoramasay
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
On a Motorola DROID RAZR here, and my only real concern with the new UI is the "quest helper" box position. It is appearing right underneath the on screen joystick, closing the quest helper frees up use of the joystick, but then you can't keep the quest helper open for tracking progress while moving.

As a suggestion: apart from moving the helper window to another location on the screen, could you also make it NOT show the entire quest text in the box? Simply the name of the quest and the objective quantity would suffice. Also, giving it the ability to track multiple quests would then likely be possible, with the space saved from not displaying all the quest text.

Shree
06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Sam!

I may be repeating some of what others have said, but this is what I have found so far. I typically play on an Android, but I do have PL on Chrome, iPad, and iPod.

1. Chrome looks like it always does, iPad all the skills are too large, and on iPod/Android all the skills/joystick/quick chat is very small and hard to click on. Half the time I rotate the map rather than move my joystick. Also lots of players complain they keep minimizing their skills on accident. The general consensus is its virtually unplayable due to the extreme size (either too small or too large depending on what they are playing on).

2. It no longer stores my email and pw so I have to type in my email & pw everytime. Right now I am regretting having such a long email and pw combo. Once you are logged in all of my options I had selected before are gone so I have to go back into options to turn on the minimap, and turn off quest helper (which I used to leave on but with the smaller joy stick I kept hitting it and it took me to a new map mid-game), also I have tried to turn off all the notifications because it keeps saying I have 1 friend online.

3. The names are so GINORMUS that I have to solo a map in order to see the boss I am fighting. I tried running with my guildmates and all I could see was their names overlapping.

4. When thrasher wears off it says my Wicked Playa Potion has worn off--does this mean I haven't been getting 4x?

5. The alerts that keep continuing to pop up is annoying as well, and I don't know how to get it to stop.

I really hope some adjustments can be made so I don't have to reset all of my options everytime I log in to play, and I REALLY dislike having to type in my email & pw everytime even though I check save pw. On top of everything else the icons being too small to click, and I do not have large hands--some of my friends can't click on their skills at all so I suppose maybe I shouldn't complain about it.

I do like the scrolling option, and the achievements seem pretty cool. I kind of wish there were better descriptions on how to GET some of the achievements. So far I have most of them completed and the few I haven't done yet I am not sure how to go about achieving them. I did get a few randomly.

Hi everyone,

We want to let you all know that we are aware of your feedback and suggestions with the User Interface changes to Pocket Legends. Our intent with the change was to streamline our User Interface (UI) systems as we develop for multiple devices. The intent is to considerably speed up how we can change things to the UI.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused with the new UI. We appreciate your input and are looking at how we can improve the UI to better address your concerns.

Chopper
06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
what's weird is that when you re-design an interface, you would think someone at the developers' office would have actually played the game to test it out. Anyone who plays it on an ipad for more than one minute will see how difficult it is to see what's going on with large icons, even larger player names, etc.

has anyone even been able to successfully scroll through games to join? I can't and am stuck with whatever games are on the first screen.

Like someone has said above, i can't see the bosses at all, just player names.

Cr7
06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
you didnt have to go and make a new account to slam sts, man.

Wrong, i did not have any accounts here beside this one. StS can go and check my IP if they want. I guess it looks kinda fake for my first post but i just had to throw my opinion on this Topic and i still think im right.

Daueden
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Put it all back to normal it was much easier to use.
1. The 1 freind is online thing is really not a smart thing i always click on that when hitting skills.
2. The triangle (arrow) under the skills very annoying everytime i click on the skill in bottom right corner of screen I hit that triangle
3. The skills are way to small.
4. the names are way to big
5. the scrolling up and down in freinds list I've accidently deleted probably like 10 already in 2 days.
6. There is alot more lag now that humania came out.
I'm not sure if these affect everyone but i use the iPod touch 4th generation and these all affected me.

Staryknight
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
I understand wanting to have one UI for all devices but with this interface at least, it can't be done. Some things we will get used to, but the icon and name sizes are just wrong on some devices and will need to be fixed. I don't understand why you all don't think its worth while to spend time developing and testing different UIs.

jcnc
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Im using a DROID X, and I cannot scroll through the join game menu. When I hit the scroll buttons it thinks I am moving as I can scroll all the way to bottom, but the game names never change, stuck at the top of list.

Ninja :)
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Umm whenever you fire/shoot/throw an shivering ice talon/crossbow, the spike starts spinning around in the air and then eventually dissapears. Im telling you now, not to fix it cuz it looks really cool :) nah you devs can do whatever you feel like doing with that bug :)

06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
What cr7 said was spot on. Given the time they had to come up with this update, it is not weak. It's amateur work, and makes me wonder if the devs have simply given up and are moving on to another project. Sell us a bunch of new hats and completely trash the size of graphics on all devices, to make their work easier the next time they feel like trashing another game feature. I loathe this update, and I'm done with the game unless they listen and fix it. But they won't.

Edited for spelling. Because sentient beings can recognize their mistakes. 

Lol u never edited anything, if you did, it would say at the bottom of your post, "last edited by_____"

Kanitall
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Some more glitches..

Bird heal doesnt heal while moving.
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/ca9660cf.jpg

Buffing while moving will get u lose your target
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/27b72dd2.jpg
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/59dc3929.jpg

Delay on avian. More than before
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/1b4eb1b8.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/743b3ed6.jpg

Nice billion kills no?
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/bd0ca37f.jpg

Why white?
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/950e2b52.jpg

Also wanted to add that my fingers are way too big for the spell size...
And the joystick is way too close to the left border.. Makes turning left slower.

And the higher vision makes it impossible to guess 10 and 12m range i don't know why we should keep playing it... I'll be back when all this is fixed ( the little party hat is optional)

Swimmingstar
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I play on an android, not an android tablet.

Every button is too small.
I think we should be able to see our own name.
Names and titles are too big.
Move back joystick to bottom left.

Um that's not really Humania feedback so...

Bosses need a little more hp and special abilities would be nice.

Drop rates higher.

Some purples? Maybe put them in quests? Haven't seen one yet.

Enemies need lower hp or attack. (Not bosses)

Bug:

When searching for games I can only see the first page. I can tap the arrow to go to other pages but it still shows the first page.

06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah one more thing lmao. I won't even bother downloading arcane legends. You're way too busy messing up your cash cow to get it right making yet another game. Hacks.

Wow...you need to stop flaming, i would if i were you.

Chickenwinu2
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
One of the things that is happening to me idk if it's happens to anybody else is that after a pvp match it shows that I have all the kills which I don't.

As everyone is saying the buttons on iPad are way to big and the character names which in balefort is a pain.

Also that there is a bug that shiv talon and shiv xbow leave the the projectiles stuck on walls in towns.

Plz fix.

Also that the scenery in forests looks empty and obsolete

GoodSyntax
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Guys,

Being a software engineer, I can tell you that this update was neither lazy, nor amateurish. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes that you will never see, nor really ever appreciate. Simple effects like the water, while cute, surely took weeks to code - something which many posters do not appreciate. There is a lot of work involved in pushing out any kind of update, so give the devs a break and offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Simply saying this update sucks or goodbye PL doesn't help devs at all. Providing details like other have about which features, specifically, require attention will help the devs address your concerns. Better yet, if you could provide the devs a detailed instruction script to trigger a "bug" then not only can they find the issue, they could probably fix it as well. What so many of you are doing is akin to calling Microsoft and saying "Hey, my computer isn't working." There are so many variables to any software project, that personally, I ignore the incessant bitching-and-whining, and focus on the users who give me concrete examples of bugs, or useful feature requests. Just saying that "I don't like the update" helps nobody and just adds to the post count on a thread that is already pretty long.

So, with the above said, here are my thoughts, which is shared by most of the users on this thread:

- The skills icons are simply too small on a phone (mine is a Droid 2 Global with 480x854 resolution). On the display, the icons render in at ~5/8" and they are all pretty tightly spaced. This makes hitting the correct skill difficult - especially when tackling high level mobs that deal a lot of damage (like in Humania), and you are relying on trained repetition/twitch reflexes.

- The joystick is too small as well... I thought that the placement in the previous UI was better. By moving the joystick up, it often interferes with rotating the camera perspective. The new location feels a bit more uncomfortable as well, considering how most people hold a phone. Making the joystick larger and situated lower and more to the left would "open up" the gameplay area and feel more natural.

- The attack button is too small as well and there is too much padding on the right edge of the screen. I keep hitting the inactive gutter/padding and keep walking in the wrong direction.

- The font size on player names overwhelm low resolution devices, like typical Android phones. This is especially an issue in crowded areas like Forest Haven, Balefort Consignment Shop and others. The addition of the guild names below the player names just adds to the chaos, and makes all names in crowded areas unreadable. Perhaps, if you could scale the font size based on POV distance, that would help, or drop the Guild names on players more than ~20m away.

- The Inventory screen needs some work...specifically, it seems that the toon takes up way too much real estate and consequently, everything else seems too compressed - especially the inventory section. Since there is room below the toon, move the xx/yyy inventory slots used label below the toon. This would allow you to increase the size of the icons for helm/weapon/armor/etc. I would also take away some of the padding/gutter space around the toon. The inventory screen should focus on the inventory and the stats - the toon is nice for eye candy, but should not sacrifice readability/usability elsewhere. By removing some of the additional padding, you could squeeze in another 10-20 pixels for inventory. Also, remove the right side padding of the inventory list as I don't see an purpose for it (there are no up/down scroll buttons anymore).

- On the My Friends tab, move the SpaceTime Nexus button to the left under Guild. In it's current location, all the SpaceTime Nexus button does is take up space when you could probably fit one more friend in the visible viewport. Do the same with the Reject All/Accept All buttons and Add Ignore Name button.

- The quests tab has way too much padding on the left side. Move the Current Quests list farther to the left (to line up with Abandon Quest button) and extend the width of the list.

- The inspect screen needs some work as well. Similar to the Inventory screen, the rendering of the toon takes up too much space and make the important information/actions less attainable. Specifically, the Add Friend, Mute and Report buttons are too small and too close together. It is difficult to hit the correct button. I can see people accidentally muting the characters that they are trying to friend.

- In regular gameplay, the chat screen width has to be increased. Move the chat list so that it starts from the right side of the quick chat bubble and extends all the way to the notifications counter. Also, it would be nice if the chat list were scrollable (swipable) so that I could go back and see maybe the last 20-30 lines instead of just 9 lines of text.

- The Expand/Collapse skills button location makes no sense. This positioning is part of the reason why the skills icons are so small. Frankly, it would make more sense to the left of the attack button, so you could pick up the 20-30 pixels and make the skills icons larger.

- There is too much padding/space below the toggle notifications button and the top of the skills section. Reduce the padding so you can get some more space so you can increase the size of the skill icons.

- The popup notifications are super annoying! There doesn't seem to be a way to quickly dismiss it, or disable it altogether. At lease provide an option to disable this as it just interferes with gameplay. Like many, my friends list is huge, so I am getting constantly bombarded with popups.

As a general observation, it seems that there was too much focus on adding spacing/padding and not enough focus on gaming mechanics. Shrinking the joystick, skills and attack for the sake of adding some visual spacing looks good on paper (and on screen shots for gaming review toos), but has been a major hit to gameplay.

In a vacuum, each feature that was added is nice, but the overall implementation in reference to playing the game leaves something to be desired. Going forward, focus on the gameplay...approach each feature as the end user who has to consume the new UI. Don't clutter the viewport with unnecessary chrome/adornments that add little (if anything) and be mindful that most of us really aren't designers, so we won't care too much about whitespace, typography or other designer hot buttons, we just want to play and enjoy the community aspects of the game.

Thegreenduck
06-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Me and the mrs are playing on ipads, and she prefers having it bigger like it is atm...
Why doesnt that surprice me -.-
Ill gladly wait for a fix myself ;)

Thegreenduck
06-20-2012, 11:52 AM
@ Goodsyntax

WOOOOW O.O that must have takes you ages ;)

GoodSyntax
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
@ Goodsyntax

WOOOOW O.O that must have takes you ages ;)

Yeah, it did, but I figured that if Devs are reading this, it would be helpful to understand the WHY and provide some reasoning. Fight logic with logic.

I am just assuming that everyone will just type TL-DR and be done, but I hope that Sam at least forwards it onto the devs to mull over.

TY for reading it :-)

Rauekat
06-20-2012, 12:15 PM
On google chrome the character names and gameplay are huge

Suntv
06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Guys,

Being a software engineer, I can tell you that this update was neither lazy, nor amateurish. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes that you will never see, nor really ever appreciate. Simple effects like the water, while cute, surely took weeks to code - something which many posters do not appreciate. There is a lot of work involved in pushing out any kind of update, so give the devs a break and offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Simply saying this update sucks or goodbye PL doesn't help devs at all. Providing details like other have about which features, specifically, require attention will help the devs address your concerns. Better yet, if you could provide the devs a detailed instruction script to trigger a "bug" then not only can they find the issue, they could probably fix it as well. What so many of you are doing is akin to calling Microsoft and saying "Hey, my computer isn't working." There are so many variables to any software project, that personally, I ignore the incessant bitching-and-whining, and focus on the users who give me concrete examples of bugs, or useful feature requests. Just saying that "I don't like the update" helps nobody and just adds to the post count on a thread that is already pretty long.

I do agree with you, but lets talk about Usability. I've been involved with usability for my study and work and when you see a release like this after 9 months, it raises an eyebrow. Either usabilty and/or user acceptance tests were not included. For STS it's very important to have a uniform platform on which they can develop and expand, also the financial model behind that platform is important. In the case of this UI update most focus was on STS and not their customers. This was already the case with DL, but most people didn't notice because it was a new game anyway. "Strange location of the joystick? Oh, must be because it's a new game", would users say. Except now the team hits a bump in the road. STS had a superb UI, probably the best around for mobile devices, but they choose business and their own development above UI usability. The PL community is the biggest STS has, so it's quite normal that because all players are affected STS gets a lot of complaints. A friend of mine said: "In a car you can find the gas/break paddle without thinking, the PL UI used to be like that. Now they've made the gas/break paddles bigger, moved the handbreak to the back seat and made the steering wheel a square because it's cheaper to fabricate."

I think they never should have changed the winning concept of PL's superb UI, now they are probably on damage control.

GoodSyntax
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
I do agree with you, but lets talk about Usability. I've been involved with usability for my study and work and when you see a release like this after 9 months, it raises an eyebrow. Either usabilty and/or user acceptance tests were not included. For STS it's very important to have a uniform platform on which they can develop and expand, also the financial model behind that platform is important. In the case of this UI update most focus was on STS and not their customers. This was already the case with DL, but most people didn't notice because it was a new game anyway. "Strange location of the joystick? Oh, must be because it's a new game", would users say. Except now the team hits a bump in the road. STS had a superb UI, probably the best around for mobile devices, but they choose business and their own development above UI usability. The PL community is the biggest STS has, so it's quite normal that because all players are affected STS gets a lot of complaints. A friend of mine said: "In a car you can find the gas/break paddle without thinking, the PL UI used to be like that. Now they've made the gas/break paddles bigger, moved the handbreak to the back seat and made the steering wheel a square because it's cheaper to fabricate."

I think they never should have changed the winning concept of PL's superb UI, now they are probably on damage control.

You hit the nail on the head in terms of a unified platform. Remember, this is still a business and supporting 3, soon to be 4 separate platforms is ludicrous.

Were there some missteps...yes. Can they be fixed? Yes.

That is why STS is reaching out via the forums to discuss how to improve it. Keep in mind that whatever is implemented here will likely be replicated across their entire suite of games.

As for acceptance testing, I guarantee that they performed acceptance testing! You simply do not release an update with a user base of 1 million+ and not perform a lot of testing. Unfortunately, testing, use cases, etc. are a game of trade-offs. Testers are given a test script and the test either passes or it doesn't. Comments/Feedback are noted and thrown back into a feature/update pool for future development. Tester comments alone will not railroad a release, unless there are either functional errors or hardware/software incompatibilities.

Give them time. It is challenging to unify three different gameplay models, so expect some bumps in the road. All of the previous features are still there, I just think that they need to pay attention to the gamplay instead of just feature parity. Now that feature parity has been achieved, I suspect that gameplay mechanics are going to be front and center for the next release.

ljirish
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Sam!

I have to say that I, for the most part, like the changes. The graphics are much nicer now, I like the trade sequence, and of course new places to plunder!

However, the skill buttons on the iPhone are too small for me. My adult-sized fingers just can't seem to hit the buttons and I wind up running all over instead of killing hordes.

Can we please, please, please increase the size... or give us access to control that ourselves? I could help code it!!!!

bramer
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but the new it works MUCH better then the old ui did on my Droid LG ally. I mean on the old ui I couldn't see hardly anything on my screen but now that all of the buttons are smaller I can actually see what I'm doing. Keep up the good work! ;)

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm wondering if sts has heard of the concept of "beta testing.". How did they not know that this update was so flawed?

Buster
06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but the new it works MUCH better then the old ui did on my Droid LG ally. I mean on the old ui I couldn't see hardly anything on my screen but now that all of the buttons are smaller I can actually see what I'm doing. Keep up the good work! ;)

Wow... only one who seems to like it.... wow...

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Sts, do yourselves a favor. Reverse this downdate altogether, apologize to us, and start over. When you release an update, beta test it first. Stop squandering your resources on making new games. Pay some attention to your cash cow. That is my last post on the subject.

bramer
06-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Breakofjustice do yourself a favor and unless you're going to post something constructive don't post anything at all. This thread is already full enough as it is.

Whirlzap
06-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'm honestly 100% fine with the new content or whatever, I just CANNOT PLAY AT ALL with this really hard to navigate interface.
-The Skill Set Change Arrow-> Annoying, VERY annoying
-The small skills->Cannot press Heal = dead mage
-The small levitated joystick-> WHY ARE YOU GOING LEFT INSTEAD OF RIGHT WHIRLZ? *boots*

Marrypoppins
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
The closing of the skills is a MAJOR issue I'm ok with anything else, however old ui still better imo

Snakespeare
06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Just in case it wasn't noted the first hundred times.

The iPod/iPhone app loads to the iPad.
The iPad app loads to the iPod/iPhone.

Please tell the App Store they put the clients in the wrong path.

thanks

ThePvpTwink
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Bring back the old UI. Now everything is so hard to play. Too big or small joystick/skills, names too big,constant online friend thing, constant lag over 1K ping, difficulty accessing cs because people stand right next to Artie's not on chests, not being able to join games other than first page of everones game who's name starts with first letters,and no more 100 health pots in store. These are things I noticed so far with the new UI.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Bramer, that WAS constructive. Sorry if you find it harsh, but this downdate needs to be completely reversed, and they need to start over again and beta test before release. At present the game is unplayable. What part of that do you find unconstructive? Forums are not really the best place for the devs to count on coding tips, so maybe they should have beta tested. Ya think?

IceDasher
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Just so you guys know there's a bug when i try joining a game so that i can only see the first 5 options and nothing else. When i try scrolling down it shows me the same options again. I'm using an Evo 4g. Just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks

nmyxspaceship
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I think the ui change was bad at first. I was fine once I got used to it though.

styg2012
06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I wish they make multiple options for this. I mean different phones have different screen size. I really liked the one before humania patch.

thedream
06-20-2012, 05:27 PM

thanksYes, can this get fixed ASAP.

Suntv
06-20-2012, 05:49 PM

thanks

Amen

NECROREAPER
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
This is not a fix to the UI issues:

-all screenshots taken from iPad 3

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/f979a388.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/6d1cd130.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/7b79505c.jpg

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Devs! Please respond! Are there any plans to fix this, and if so, when? Stop leaving your crops hanging!

Otukura
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM

thanks
Not apple, chrome and androids are screwed up too.

saool
06-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm on Android and the UI SUX!!!
Change it back please!!!

I can't even play right at this point ugh it's frustrating. It was fine before Humania. The map is ok...need more mobs though for faster exp

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Well? Any plans?

Mothwing
I agree with everything said above. My biggest problem is the joystick. Did it really have to be moved? Like, I thought I would get used to it, but after a day of gameplay I still can't walk. I'm constantly touching the hide/show skill button, and even though you moved it, I can sense the same thing happening, just in a different area. The inspect page is EXTREMELY laggy. And no, it's not my internet. My profile page is fine, but when I go to the inspect page everything slows down. The font is still too big, even though you "fixed" it. I don't like the new chat log option to have no line, although i'll probably get used to it, I just don't see the point of having it. I DO like the new skill area, the inlays, etc. Just make everything the same size it was before the update. I don't know if this was purposeful, but all the darker campaigns are now impossible to see through. Everything is pitch black, and it's kind of annoying. I don't see the reasoning behind that either.

All in all, it's a great update. But it seems like every time a new campaign comes out, changes happen to the interface, making it very hard to play. It's very hard to play a brand spankin' new area when you have to get used to new controls every time. It's like going into a warzone with your gun backwards. Just please, in future updates, leave the interface the way it was. We had all Fang update to get used to the controls, and now you switch them up on us.

I'm sure you'll make the right changes. Thanks for the update.

Beakofjustice
Any plans at all?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Are we going to fix things or do the usual dev "these aren't the droids you're looking for" thing?

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Are we going to fix things or do the usual dev "these aren't the droids you're looking for" thing?

Are we going to be patient? Or are we going to quadruple post begging the devs for a reply?

Beakofjustice
Can we please have some info or are you just going to let us tell you for another 24 hours how badly you wasted the last six months of your lives?

Otukura
Are we going to be patient? Or are we going to quadruple post begging the devs for a reply?

That was a double post...

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
That was a double post...

I was anticipating his new posts, but failed.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Uh let's see... How many times this week did Sam spam this wonderful downdate? And how badly does it suck? Patience is not a virtue with incompetents.

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Uh let's see... How many times this week did Sam spam this wonderful downdate? And how badly does it suck? Patience is not a virtue with incompetents.

1) It's not Sam's fault. He's just the messenger.
2) We forced the update. Have you seen the amount of threads anticipating the release?
3) Patience is a virtue, can we wait for patches and fixes to come out before we start blaming others?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
And once again: game was playable yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon? Not so much. Reverse the downdate. Cancel every bit and start over again so we can at least play the fang levels while you figure out how to code.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Omg I can't believe I just read your point #2! We forced the downdate?!? It's been over half a year in the works while they made crap games like SL and DL! And now we're expected to be excited about AL?!? You must be out of your mind.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
And for the record we still have not even one post by a dev saying whether they intend to fix this.

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Omg I can't believe I just read your point #2! We forced the downdate?!? It's been over half a year in the works while they made crap games like SL and DL! And now we're expected to be excited about AL?!? You must be out of your mind.

Ok, let's slow down a bit. Do you expect people to be perfect? No. We make mistakes. We're only human. You're honestly telling me that you expect an update with no glitches, bugs, or issues? If so, you need to find a different style, because an online game like this will ALWAYS have problems in the first go-around of a new update. Yes, we did force the update. We were impatient, and that put pressure on the developers. It's like finishing a masterpiece artwork in a certain amount of time. We've all been in situations like that no? And what happens when we get pressured? The percent of errors goes up, almost 100% Please post constructive feedback, and be patient for the developers to handle it. They'll fix it :D I promise. Since when have we ever been unhappy with an update? Never.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I expect a dev to post on this forum about how and when they intend to fix this. That's what I expect, and I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Otukura
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Do you expect people to be perfect?

I do, after hanging with Gauno for a while.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
And you're so right. We WERE impatient, so they had to rush this update into action... What was it, 7, 8, 9 months? Omg our impatience really hampered them while they were creating other games that no one wanted.

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
And you're so right. We WERE impatient, so they had to rush this update into action... What was it, 7, 8, 9 months? Omg our impatience really hampered them while they were creating other games that no one wanted.

Sigh. Can we keep this thread for feedback please? Thanks. They can take as long as they want on an update, I could care less. The more time they have, the less bugs there will be. Plain and simple.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
So, devs, can we please have even one tidbit of info? When do you intend to make pocket legends playable again? Do you?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Well? Is this a no?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Well? Is there a dev in the house?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:52 PM
We've really been ignored for 24 hours now... Any dev care to comment on that?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:53 PM
No? Would a dev care to comment on why we and all our criticism is being ignored? No?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
No word on whether this will get fixed, ever? Really?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Do devs even read the forums, when they aren't spamming about how awesome they think they are?

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe if they make up a new hat it will make this downdate suck less.

Crcthejerk
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Dev's,

I know you'll fix bugs, you always do. We long time players have been through this many times and you always fix. Been playing forever and always will even through the many re-updates. Keep up the hard work but maybe give an update so all these people will stop crying.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
If I see a dev in towne and wave, can I get a ball cap that says "I waved at a dev and all I got was this crummy ball cap?". Lmao at the completely being ignored here

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Subterfuge, I am the only person "crying," but I call it "holding them accountable." There is no reason not to.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 08:02 PM
This thread has gone on all day, yet not one single dev has posted with an eta for a fix or even whether a fix is intended.... Hmmmmmmmmmm

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Comments on that? Anyone NOT expect to see one dev at least post about whether they give?

Shellkaz
06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Folks can we please calm down. I am sure that the devs are working on a solution to the problems that we are experiencing. I'd dosnt help anyone to yell at people who are working hard to fix something, I'm quite sure that when there is an answer we will get it. I don't even want to think about how much code has to be looked at to try and find the bits that need to be changed.

Inhale, exhale, take a minute to think about something other than the game. We have all weathered other updates and their corresponding glitches. We will weather this one too. Just be patient. I have faith in the devs to Come up with a solution. Will you at least give them a chance? I also suggest that people read some of these posts and think about how YOU would feel if all these angry comments were directed at you.

Thank you for reading remember "praise in public, criticize in private".

Thank you to the devs, for their hard work despite the criticism that is being heaped upon your heads. Even though the game has its glitches, I will be patient until you can get it fixed.

Beakofjustice
06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow! Still. Not one single dev post... As expected.

xxteargodxx
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
As much as I want a Developer to respond to this topic to update us on the situation, I can understand they may be busy either with work or their life when not at work fixing & updating the game. Not for nothing Beakofjustice, but you don't have to post every 5 minutes to ask & pester for a reply it just does not look good, when the Developers have time they will fill us in on the situation.

With so many people complaining here about the issues within just 24 hours I can only imagine they will fix it or are already working on a fix.

--TearGod.

Shellkaz
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Beak I wasn't addressing you. But, read some of the comments. Ye gods, if I worked for someone like that ( oh yeah I did) i would quit. (oops did that too :-)). One does not motivate people by yelling at them and calling them names. One motivates by positive reinforcement. You don't get something accomplished by heaping insults on someone's head, and the expecting them to perform ther best. You tell them what they have done right and then explaining calmly what is wrong and then giving them the time to get it right.

Yes I agree that a comment from the devs would be appreciated, but good grief, from what I've been reading some folks would settle for nothing less than a head on a pike. I don't know if they could pay me enough to walk into this mess, as I rather like my head exactly where it is. ;-)

xxteargodxx
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Actually, teargod, can you give one reason why we have not heard from one dev about when or if they intend to fix this?
Just because someone is a game developer does not mean they are active on their game's forums. They get paid to develop game content and work on new content and fix issues that arise with current content I would assume. They don't get paid to onto the forums and be here every minute/hour/second of the day to provide us with information, that is a privilege for us for when they are able to do that.

These people do have lives and family's to go home to as well when they leave their office, they don't HAVE to give us any information at all.

--TearGod.

rinzler
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Not even one single comment from a dev yet, and btw I never yelled once.

Beakofjustice, we understand your frustration, but please refrain from spamming this thread. As stated in the forum rules:

Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Thanks!
Rinzler

rinzler
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I apologize Beakofjustice, but I am a moderator and not a developer, so unfortunately, I cannot answer on their behalf. However, this is the correct place to post and it will be reviewed.

Birog
06-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Posted this elsewhere but:

IPhone 4: not many issues. Icons seem the right size. Skill expand/close button is too easy to hit during combat. Would like option to make it just go away. There's no situation where I'd use only four skills anyway.

iPad 2: Real degrade in the UI. Skill icons too large. Can't get camera to a distance where I can see wht's going on tactically. Text over characters heads is too large. If this had been the version when I started, I'd have deleted the app and never played again.

HunterSLAYER
06-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Beakofjustice, Why r u getting on everyone's NERVES by SPAMMING this thread?

styg2012
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I think changing q/e button for pots was failure. Instead, they should have changed it to scrolldown (middle mouse key) for mana potion and scroll up for hp pot. For zoom in/out option, use the arrow keys (ex. up=zoom in, down=zoom out) I mean players only zoom out at start of the dungeon so buttons do not have to be close to your other keys.

Also, for minimize arrow for skill slots, instead of using one click method, use "slide" so that you actually have to slide a bar of some sort to make it small.

Honestly, I feel like changing sizes for font/skill/etc isn't gonna satisfy everyone. I mean everyone uses different tools (different phone, computer). They usually all have different resolutions. So instead of combining all into 1 resolution, give players options to change their resolutions.

Livemau
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
8686236055 kills for kanital in arena... no wonder hes number 1 on leaderboard and number 1 in my heart
i havent seen the interface much but it sounds bad. Was the team chat changed to a new color /team because it looks just like normal chat and i want my teamates to know im keeping a secret when im like /team im going on the right side with the flag i dont anyone being like ok im coming to the right side to cover you Live then the other team comes and im gone

Livemau
06-20-2012, 11:50 PM
I think changing q/e button for pots was failure. Instead, they should have changed it to scrolldown (middle mouse key) for mana potion and scroll up for hp pot. For zoom in/out option, use the arrow keys (ex. up=zoom in, down=zoom out) I mean players only zoom out at start of the dungeon so buttons do not have to be close to your other keys.

good idea but i would like the pot button to be one of the side buttons on my soon to be mouse (alienware tactx) that would be cool

styg2012
06-21-2012, 12:15 AM
good idea but i would like the pot button to be one of the side buttons on my soon to be mouse (alienware tactx) that would be cool

Not everyone has alienware mouse. Also scrolling makes potting faster. (clicking just takes longer because you can't click again once it's in "clicked" position. and you usually pot when you need hp/mp fast.)

HunterSLAYER
06-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Razer's mouse are as good or even BETTER!

Silverpegasus
06-21-2012, 02:41 AM
First, thank you for having fix the not functional up down scroll button on ipad that quick. :D

Another request is to fix the UI. This one size fits all dont works so well on many devices.
Dont be lazy... Just as an all size shoes wont fit many people. You need to tailor to individual devices.

NECROREAPER
06-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Devs,

I think that this thread should be shut down, it has far exceeded its use. Yes, we are upset about the UI change, and I'm sure that you are now well aware of just how upset we are, but to leave this thread open only makes it worse on you guys, and I mean that in the nicest and most sincere way possible. Think about it, the longer it stays open, the long people will post flame/hate comments in it and feed off of each other, and it'll seem like its taking long for you guys to reply; a lose/lose situation.

On behalf of the community, I'd like to formally apologize for all the hating, flaming, rage posts, rage quits, and overall general idiocy that has over taken the forums since this past update. We have made it fairly clear as to what our grievances are, and we trust that you'll do what you need to to make it right.

Mahalo for all you do and keep up the hard work, we're right behind you guys

-NECRO

Exion
06-21-2012, 05:18 AM
You do realise that when they close this thread everyone wil be making hundreds of new dislike threads.
It's better to let ppl vent off in 1 thread then to let them spam the entire forum with multiple threads..
Now there's a nightmare scenario for devs and mods.

HunterSLAYER
06-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Best to just point out the pros and cons instead of flaming.

OvigorothO
06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
All of the new content is great. Spacetime Studios is one of the most reliable teams ive ever seen. The only problem that hinders my enjoyment of the game is the fact that it resets personal settings every other time you log in.

GoodSyntax
06-21-2012, 09:10 AM
58 of the current 190 posts come from a single person! o.O

At this point, I'm sure the devs are aware of what the issues are, have prioritized the fixes and are certainly knocking them out as quickly as they can. In the software world, like the medical world, this is called triaging - sorting out the issues so that the ones that need the most attention, or is most likely to benefit from an update, receive the developers time.

The most likely reason why the devs aren't posting here is because they are busy making changes based on user feedback. Be mindful that this update was only recently released. And I'm certain that there are some long hours being put in by the handful of devs to address the concerns of the community. Be mindful of the fact that STS is not Microsoft, they do not have thousands of developers, testers, designers, etc. at their disposal, they are a small shop that are probably working their tails off right now trying to make us happy. Have some patience, their guys are probably just coming in this morning after a 16 hour day yesterday, and are probably looking at another 16 hour day today.

After many hours of gameplay, I can honestly say that the update has been nice. Yes, there are some annoyances, but the new map is interesting and unique in the game. I like some of the changes with the new UI and the Achievements system probably has some legs with the many end-gamers. Now if only I could get some pinks to drop, I would be styling!

shanmarie33
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I know it was moved up a centimeter, but the skill collapse thing really needs to just be removed. It is in the way, pressed constantly in error, which causes myself or others to die. What is the purpose really? Or just go back to a toggle skills button in the options. Please remedy this.
Additionally, I agree that the friend accept/reject really should not have been swapped. Hearing tons on complaints on that as well. If it is a simple fix, please include that in the next UI patch.

ThePvpTwink
06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Played it yesterday and was better and not so laggy but...Still has quite a bit of improving to go..

- restore skill doesn't heal, only gives regen
- difficulty talking to Artie in cs because people stand where Artie is -_-
- joystick/skills/names are small or big
- 100 health potions not available for sale
- achievements completion/incompletion of maps
- achievements: bounty: ao1 boss should be shadow cave boss
- full inventory locks all maps? Not sure if fixed yet

Swimmingstar
06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Guys,

So, with the above said, here are my thoughts, which is shared by most of the users on this thread:

- The skills icons are simply too small on a phone (mine is a Droid 2 Global with 480x854 resolution). On the display, the icons render in at ~5/8" and they are all pretty tightly spaced. This makes hitting the correct skill difficult - especially when tackling high level mobs that deal a lot of damage (like in Humania), and you are relying on trained repetition/twitch reflexes.

- The joystick is too small as well... I thought that the placement in the previous UI was better. By moving the joystick up, it often interferes with rotating the camera perspective. The new location feels a bit more uncomfortable as well, considering how most people hold a phone. Making the joystick larger and situated lower and more to the left would "open up" the gameplay area and feel more natural.

- The attack button is too small as well and there is too much padding on the right edge of the screen. I keep hitting the inactive gutter/padding and keep walking in the wrong direction.

- The font size on player names overwhelm low resolution devices, like typical Android phones. This is especially an issue in crowded areas like Forest Haven, Balefort Consignment Shop and others. The addition of the guild names below the player names just adds to the chaos, and makes all names in crowded areas unreadable. Perhaps, if you could scale the font size based on POV distance, that would help, or drop the Guild names on players more than ~20m away.

- The Inventory screen needs some work...specifically, it seems that the toon takes up way too much real estate and consequently, everything else seems too compressed - especially the inventory section. Since there is room below the toon, move the xx/yyy inventory slots used label below the toon. This would allow you to increase the size of the icons for helm/weapon/armor/etc. I would also take away some of the padding/gutter space around the toon. The inventory screen should focus on the inventory and the stats - the toon is nice for eye candy, but should not sacrifice readability/usability elsewhere. By removing some of the additional padding, you could squeeze in another 10-20 pixels for inventory. Also, remove the right side padding of the inventory list as I don't see an purpose for it (there are no up/down scroll buttons anymore).

- On the My Friends tab, move the SpaceTime Nexus button to the left under Guild. In it's current location, all the SpaceTime Nexus button does is take up space when you could probably fit one more friend in the visible viewport. Do the same with the Reject All/Accept All buttons and Add Ignore Name button.

- The quests tab has way too much padding on the left side. Move the Current Quests list farther to the left (to line up with Abandon Quest button) and extend the width of the list.

- The inspect screen needs some work as well. Similar to the Inventory screen, the rendering of the toon takes up too much space and make the important information/actions less attainable. Specifically, the Add Friend, Mute and Report buttons are too small and too close together. It is difficult to hit the correct button. I can see people accidentally muting the characters that they are trying to friend.

- In regular gameplay, the chat screen width has to be increased. Move the chat list so that it starts from the right side of the quick chat bubble and extends all the way to the notifications counter. Also, it would be nice if the chat list were scrollable (swipable) so that I could go back and see maybe the last 20-30 lines instead of just 9 lines of text.

- The Expand/Collapse skills button location makes no sense. This positioning is part of the reason why the skills icons are so small. Frankly, it would make more sense to the left of the attack button, so you could pick up the 20-30 pixels and make the skills icons larger.

- There is too much padding/space below the toggle notifications button and the top of the skills section. Reduce the padding so you can get some more space so you can increase the size of the skill icons.

- The popup notifications are super annoying! There doesn't seem to be a way to quickly dismiss it, or disable it altogether. At lease provide an option to disable this as it just interferes with gameplay. Like many, my friends list is huge, so I am getting constantly bombarded with popups.

As a general observation, it seems that there was too much focus on adding spacing/padding and not enough focus on gaming mechanics. Shrinking the joystick, skills and attack for the sake of adding some visual spacing looks good on paper (and on screen shots for gaming review toos), but has been a major hit to gameplay.

In a vacuum, each feature that was added is nice, but the overall implementation in reference to playing the game leaves something to be desired. Going forward, focus on the gameplay...approach each feature as the end user who has to consume the new UI. Don't clutter the viewport with unnecessary chrome/adornments that add little (if anything) and be mindful that most of us really aren't designers, so we won't care too much about whitespace, typography or other designer hot buttons, we just want to play and enjoy the community aspects of the game.

Don't have time to read though whole thing but I've read the first few sentences and I can say I agree. Creating apps isn't easy... at all.

Eldaloth
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't have time to read though whole thing but I've read the first few sentences and I can say I agree. Creating apps isn't easy... at all.

Leaving interfaces that already worked is pretty easy.

A good UI can be the reason people spend thousands of dollars on a program rather than using its open source equivalent.

MightyMicah
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Change happens. I didn't like it at first but now I don't even notice it. I say good deal!

Justg
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Great feedback... tell us more here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61039-Still-working-on-it-what-else