PDA

View Full Version : Quick Recap of the Pros and Cons of the Update!

Zeus
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, Apollo here!

Just wanted to take a step away from the tension and stress many players are experiencing, soooo here it goes!

First off, STS, I'd like to say thank you. You guys are wonderful for all that you do. Even when you guys mess up, you're all wonderful at patching your mistakes quickly and efficiently, as well as satisfying customers with an excellent customer support team!

Pros:

* I love the new maps! It's truly scenic and an eye opener after the stone walls of Mt. Fang.

* Bosses at the last map were funny! I liked how all the bosses were on vacation, although it looks like they could be given some caffeine as they appeared quite jet-lagged when I encountered them! O.o

* The gear is truly newly designed. I love it! I commend the design team on that!

Cons:

* UI: I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'll go ahead and input in case people missed out on some things.

The joystick is not proportional at all, completely unnatural to my muscle memory.

Scrolling through the friends list is quite inconvenient. Now I'm left with two options: hope that you guys fix it or I'm going to have to start deleting lots of players off of my FL just so I am able to PM with ease.

Stats no longer display to the owner of the character if he set it to be hid from others. A minor inconvenience, but still annoying, nevertheless.

Joining/Hosting a game now just appears to be confusing, like there are extra steps involved.

Chat: When I want to minimize it, I no longer have the option where it closes to just one line, so I'm still able to see the most recent message, but it closes completely.

Notifications: Notifications is a hassle. Even though we have the option to turn many notifications off, some seem to be standard. I do not desire to see who logged on every few seconds, it's quite distracting.

Customization seems to be reduced overall, in terms of the UI. There are things that are standard which I don't have the ability to remove.

Text, like guild names and such. It's too big! Also, not being able to view my own name is disappointing, especially if you love your name. I get you guys are trying to go for a more personal approach, but it just looks weird to us veterans.

* Achievements: There seems to be some glitches, like one is not granted some achievements they already earned, like completing all of Wyldwood.

* Auto Log In

* Main Menu: I can't join a town directly from the main menu anymore! There's all these extra steps! :(

* Main Menu: Everytime I want to backtrack to the original main menu, I encounter the running man. It's highly annoying! :(

* The display, it's more of an annoyance, but there's no need to display the STS banner twice, with the second one showing animation, it just makes it longer to log in! :(
I'll add more as I further explore.

* Target seems to change in PvP without even touching the screen.

* Critical Hits and Normal damage is reversed. Critical = Red & Normal = Orange

Thanks for all that you do,

~Apollo

WoundedEagle
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Con: Auto Log in....

saool
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
You got most of them on the spot!

I still hate the UI more than any other con lol

GALiXENTOR
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Instead of saying one friend has logged on it'd be cool if it said who in specific has logged.
You pretty much got it though!

grenadiers
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
You can view your stats. I believe to button is in the bottom left corner of the screen

Zeus
06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
You can view your stats. I believe to button is in the bottom left corner of the screen

Ah, I see, but it's still an extra step! Wasn't like that before, shouldn't be like that now. :(

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Ah, I see, but it's still an extra step! Wasn't like that before, shouldn't be like that now. :(
Lol, it's not so fluid huh

Zeus
06-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Lol, it's not so fluid huh

Exactly, it's no longer intuitive. :/

Kixxler
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
This update has sent me into depression.

Otukura
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Pro: I have more time after uninstalling.

Conradin
06-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Why is Con a bad thing ;( Con sad

Zeus
06-19-2012, 10:07 PM
This update has sent me into depression.

Give them a chance to fix it. :)

I'm thinking they released it in a hurry because they didn't want to let us down, especially since they released a concrete date, so just give them time. :)

Zeus
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Why is Con a bad thing ;( Con sad

Con-Rad= A paradox.

Con= Bad

Rad= slang for awesome.

Go figure! O.o

Justinjspark
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know if.u guys.noticed but xp. In humania is slow. A monster ggives 1xp

grenadiers
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM

Ah, I see, but it's still an extra step! Wasn't like that before, shouldn't be like that now. :(For sure. I mean I'm pretty sure nobody's stats are so bad they can't stand to see them. Lol

Jcyee
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Overall i just think theres too much going on on the screen when u play. Maybe cuz the skills are bigger idk.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/743b3ed6.jpg

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Am i the only iphone,ipod, android user that have too big fingers for the new sized spells?

And this little arrow that does what the spellbook did before, they gotta remove it.

I suggest to be able to chose ur spell size in option and to remove that little arrow that I always missclick.

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Give them a chance to fix it. :)

I'm thinking they released it in a hurry because they didn't want to let us down, especially since they released a concrete date, so just give them time. :)
This update put me into a horrible state of frustration :dejection: I haven't felt like this since I had to do 4 projects with the deadline 1 week away

XghostzX
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Hahahah. Too good at PvP, you kill yourself.

Zeus
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Am i the only iphone,ipod user that have too big fingers for the new sized spells?

I feel like my fingers need to take a diet. Staying away from that chicken curry is going to be hard. :/

Phoenixking
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Lol at what shilloo said!

grenadiers
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Am i the only iphone,ipod user that have too big fingers for the new sized spells?Definitely not the only one, and I'm on android. I also find myself pushing the hide skill button as I'm trying to heal

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:19 PM
In pvp, the auto automaticly change target without touching the screen at times also..

Zeus
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
In pvp, the auto automaticly change target without touching the screen at times also..

Tested with others too? I know your device has some problems. Just want to make sure before I list it.

Kixxler
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Good analysis, Frenchy boy. :)

Otukura
06-19-2012, 10:22 PM

At least GCD is like non-existent now. Ice-fire, and fire casts first. Beckon-stomp, and there's no combo because its so fast now.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol at what shilloo said!

We always have a funny guild chat, doesnt even impress me that he said that:p john is suchanun

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Tested with others too? I know your device has some problems. Just want to make sure before I list it.

Yes, tested with qwertysonn.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
At least GCD is like non-existent now. Ice-fire, and fire casts first. Beckon-stomp, and there's no combo because its so fast now.

U lag too much to notice the gcd...

Otukura
06-19-2012, 10:26 PM
U lag too much to notice the gcd...

I dun lag at ahl.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The crits dont show, they are the sane color as normal dmg

Otukura
06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The crits dont show, they are the sane color as normal dmg

Crit and normal dmg colors are reversed now, so crit is red and normal is orange.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
The target gets off when you buff.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Crit and normal dmg colors are reversed now, so crit is red and normal is orange.

Crits varies alot then.

Swimmingstar
06-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Lol, I wish we could disable the friends online thing. With my list and all the people coming back--I've even seen Residentevl, the friends online thing is flashing constantly.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
The worse are arrows in the map/join game i hardly hit it on 10-20 times

FRIED
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I think u guys shouldve kept pl the way it was and just added the new campain and new items.

Kanitall
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
The bird heal doesnt always work.

McBain
06-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Lol, I wish we could disable the friends online thing. With my list and all the people coming back--I've even seen Residentevl, the friends online thing is flashing constantly.

So true. I like y'all, but if I want to know if you're online or not, I'll check my friends list like before. At least an option to disable the notification would be nice.

Back
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/75e2f268-6356-964f.jpg

Mr. birdy and Mr. bear fought with each other?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Drizzid
06-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Like you've all mentioned the size of the spells and the joystick need to be adjusted asap, or we atleast need the option to do so ourselves. I miss seeing my name as well, I also can't see my title so what's the point!

I love the new maps although I've been running through all thrashered up, it's an enjoyable gameplay. I haven't seen a pink drop on my journey to 68 so I'm assuming they are going to be rare, which is good as long as it's not nuri drop rate rare.

The items are far too similar to every other campaign, theres no variety in anything; all I see is green, orange and no increase in sell back value.

The bosses are a little under powered, I was hoping for an emma like feature or maybe some sort of task required to make the battles a little more hectic.

Gurgox? Really? He must be on an all inclusive vacation, he's really not himself.

The notifications are a bit much, I'm going to start cleaning up my friends list if that's not fixed soon.

The potion prices.... 60 for 1000 in the guild hall! Were the alchemists on strike?

All in all I'm enjoying the expansion, and I'm slowly getting used to the new UI. I really hope the respec price is dropped soon like Sam had mentioned I don't want to spend anymore plat on that just yet.

kiitz
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
One thing I love as a chrome user is that you can scroll through stuff (stash, inventory, friend's lists, etc) with the mouse scroll. Well done!!!

However, it sucks that only buttons 1-4 work for abilities (Yeah, I know its a bug and will be fixed soon. Lookin' forward to that.)

McBain
06-20-2012, 02:05 AM
I haven't seen a pink drop on my journey to 68 so I'm assuming they are going to be rare, which is good as long as it's not nuri drop rate rare.

I've actually seen two pink drops already in just a handful of runs in Humania. Maybe I'm just lucky (though not lucky enough to get one myself), but I've never seen a single pink drop in hundreds of runs in Nuri's, so here's hoping they're not "Nuri rare." The Mt. Fang drop rate seemed fine, hopefully they'll stick to that.

On a different note: why the change in the potion pricing? In the guild hall you can't get 100 for 1250 gold anymore. Now it's 60 for 1000. Inflation is a bummer! The price increase doesn't bother so much as the fact that 100 was such a nice, even number. Buying in groups of 60 seems odd to me.

Defencer
06-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Too much bugs. Bad login, Not saving settings and so on ...
I stop playing and PAYING for all a while. Really bad work, STS!

Justinjspark
06-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Too much bugs. Bad login, Not saving settings and so on ...
I stop playing and PAYING for all a while. Really bad work, STS!
Wow... Speechless, STS has been working all day and bugs are goin to be fixed, it was just rushed to not let down any of the hard core players down:)
IMO STS great Job! Luv the new angels!

Defencer
06-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Wow... Speechless, STS has been working all day and bugs are goin to be fixed, it was just rushed to not let down any of the hard core players down:)
IMO STS great Job! Luv the new angels!

They had enough time to do their job. Everything is more expensive, more advertisement, less fun. I like to pay for a game, but gaming means having fun and no trouble.

TheDefencer / LVL66 Mage /

grenadiers
06-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Cons - to many things are reversed/switched! I have added about 10 people when I'm actually trying to reject to request. And the leave/replay pvp buttons need to be switched back too

Windwaiker
06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
I think there's something wrong with joining games. When I scroll through the list of games, the game names don't change, but i know there are more games than what is shown.

NotYoCookiez
06-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Well I'm not sure if this is a con or a bug but then again a bug is a con :O

Shivering talon and autobow leaves the ice frozen at the end of their range. And when using the talon it spins in the same out when it's as far as it can go xD it's very funny Lolololol

Seems you have a bit more cons them pro o.O

Snipehard
06-20-2012, 07:14 AM
I think there's something wrong with joining games. When I scroll through the list of games, the game names don't change, but i know there are more games than what is shown.

Yeah, i have the same problem here ^.~

Gaunab
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Con:

- birds heal (restore) doesn't work

I don't want to get explicit about gear in here, but it looks very unbalanced, favouring Int and Str.

I really hope the Devs will correct these bugs asap to make the gameplay actually enjoyable. :s

Xazic
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
After they switch the iPad and iPhone/iPod UIs, I can start playing again. Sure the bugs might make it annoying, BUT the switched UI makes playing impossible.

OvigorothO
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
con: not sure if this is widespread but everytime i re-open pocket legends it reinstalls the pak.cfg which resets all my personal settings back to default.

Coke
06-20-2012, 08:32 AM
So many "Cons" lol..

Buster
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM

Shivering talon and autobow leaves the ice frozen at the end of their range. And when using the talon it spins in the same out when it's as far as it can go xD it's very funny Lolololol

Dnt fix tht!!!!! Anyways Pro: being able to stash the skills again o how ive missed tht...

PatsoeGamer
06-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Its great to have the new content, and thanks for the vanities :-) new gear I awesome.

Main annoyance for me is the text and the buttons are too small. On the iPhone it's really bad to play, I'm having to squint and am getting a headache.

Also changing between alts is too slow (combination of the running knight load screen and spammy deal of the day screen which randomly appears) and also it doesn't remember the alt you were on last, so you have to scroll through alts to get to them.

Have also noticed low level items being re-labelled as level 0 items in my inventory.

The new character views have also lost the set bonus sparkles etc :-( :-( :-(

Rare
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Its unfortunate but i preferred the ui for pocket legends to the one for dark legends. As you mentioned, there are now a lot of extra steps you have to take.

Suentous PO
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Love the new free gear, and ability to close skills in town.
I can't stand things constantly covering up chat.

Schnitzel
06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok really apollo idk what pros and cons are, but i gotta say i agree with the notifications being annoying like every 5seconds a friend is logged on (-.-)
Ok notifications ok! I dont care!
And also adressing the mount fang armor fallen prince still gives and that people are getting them(me included but i simply didnt know due to the fact i was really tired from lvling from last night working so hard to get angel vanity then being dissapointed when i had to go to sleep and i just needed 400 more xp i thought the least devs can do for all this hard work is reward at lvl 66) then theres a rumor devs will take the vanity fang armor away from
People who got fang vanity after update. Not to mention STA will take our gold and many items becauae of it. So apollo since you originally started this stream of posts, what u think i should do with my vanity?

Schnitzel
06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Ok i deleted my fang vanity
Apollo u think STS wont take my stuff?

Dynastu
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Con:

- birds heal (restore) doesn't work

I don't want to get explicit about gear in here, but it looks very unbalanced, favouring Int and Str.

I really hope the Devs will correct these bugs asap to make the gameplay actually enjoyable. :s

Yes! Restore only works like 30-40% of the time. It's as if birds dodge their own restore. Perhaps that's what's happening, lol

Kanitall
06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes! Restore only works like 30-40% of the time. It's as if birds dodge their own restore. Perhaps that's what's happening, lol

It doesnt When you are moving,
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/ca9660cf.jpg

Windwaiker
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM

I noticed with the bird skill Break Armor, the blue light animation shoots out and a blue orb stays at the target spot and sits there for 3 seconds

Mageprodigy
06-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope everything will be fixed!