PDA

View Full Version : 500 runs and still no vanity

foulu
06-20-2012, 01:34 AM
I know and you're thinking "keep trying, you'll get it". Wrong. I've tried every theory and at this point going to write to the administrator of the problematic drop rate in this game for vanities. Here's why: The contain no stats (except the epic pets of course), they are merely costumes for looks, and insane value that people will pay boasting their character as if they're gamer gods that walk around. I want my first vanity not because of the fact of a value, to wear, or to sell. I want to have the same experience people are getting obtaining it. For example, if that player is going to get lv 40, so do I, and I go get it. Vanities however, it's a whole new ball park.

500 runs on Redsun planet Bilge and still nothing. I don't understand or the concept.

HunterSLAYER
06-20-2012, 04:51 AM
You probably didn't try hard enough. I got about five vanities so far which just basically means you have no luck, that's all.

The time that u wasted on making this thread and posting it could have been spent on farming for vanities.

Here's a tip:
Mechanical Man Helmet(value: 200-400k creds)
Squid Buddy
(Value:750-1000k creds)
Xray visor
(Value:1.2-2mil creds)
These three vanities mostly drop at Numa Prime: outer limits.

Figure out the rest yourself.

Don't. Expect to get a vanity after "500 rounds" as they drop "once in a blue moon".

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Hellcurse
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
took me 1000 runs, u just need the right build to solo faster

KillaSkillz
06-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Took me 2-3 months of running whole numa 3x a day to get a vanity drop. i've gotten a couple of classics out of redsun, but I was probably running it about 300 times a day for a week, at different times of the day.

My understanding is first it has to generate to the loot table for that map (which it doesn't always do) then you need the right *roll* (not sure exactly how drop items get chosen to players), to get it to come out. vanity drops are the most rare items in game, it's supposed to be hard. There are the ones for sale for plat that do the same exact thing, and there are ways to build up free plat.

there really is no trick or secret to it. Just be persistant and it will eventually drop to you.
Heck after 500 runs you should have enough credits to buy a jcn9000 mark II from auction house, they are under 10k which should give you a clue to how common they are dropping. It's the cheapest dropped vanity in the game right now.

I've never gotten a receipe drop and only ever gotten 3 gun drops from all of voleria and I have been capped for more than 3 months. Those are purples, but hard as heck to get to drop for whatever reason. Maybe it's just me, they seem common enough in the auction. In the end it's luck or determination, if you ain't got luck you gotta keep at it. The other option is to merch and scrap items until you build up enough creds to buy what you want.

Esoul
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM
I cap Lv41 without a vanity drop, sometimes i feel little jelous so i decided Farm epic L30 in Slouch...i got 510000credit now :)x

Seiyen
06-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Kewl @ esoul

-Raghav

KillaSkillz
06-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I cap Lv41 without a vanity drop, sometimes i feel little jelous so i decided Farm epic L30 in Slouch...i got 510000credit now :)x

Nice! Man I hate running sloucho! Lol

*Zero*
06-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Look bud there is no special way to get a vanity its all about luck and being at the right place at the right time. Ive farmed a few vanities in my time just stay at it one day you too will see the blue text on your screen.

Commanderkeen
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I've been playing since open android beta and have capped three toons since the lvl 26 cap in numa and have only found two vanities in the game (mark of the warfather and comedy) so your not the only unlucky one.

PianoWizzy
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
It's pure "luck", random chance. Some people get all the luck -- all the drops without even farming.

I'm not far from hitting L41 a third time and I have not yet seen a single vanity drop for myself, not a common JCN helm, not even a cheap pet, and only TWICE have I seen it drop for other people.

I think you should chill and stop wasting your time. If you don't got the luck you don't got the luck so you'll have to build up to buying the vanities yourself and hope the lucky ones place some mercy on the price.

Aracnus
06-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree with piano, i've only gotten 2 vanity drops. 1 was after 150 red sun runs. the other was after 100 voleria runs. U just need to find the right build, and it even helps if u have other people with you to help as well.

Just keep your patience and u should be fine bro :)

Dragonrider023
06-20-2012, 11:20 AM
ahh true!!! i never got vanity myself. but my brother just joined SL and got 3 vanity?!

Ark
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
He is talking about the new vanities.

Tips for Ops:
Do Redsun map 4, kill the boss in the beginning.
There is a combo for Ops without needing enhs.
Precision (use before getting into combat) >> (don't attack until the boss attacks you first) Mind Wrack >> Lurch
*reminder* don't use Flames of Insanity because the boss will run away if used.

^^ It's faster than doing Redsun map 5.

Esoul
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh nice info :cool:

KillaSkillz
06-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I've had luck on red sun 5, just killing whats necessary to open the door then running to the boss. I hold out on killing him until after alpha dog spawns I kill alpha first, then the boss for the second drop. Alpha has not paid me out a vanity though but I have a belief its possible.

ArtStar
06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I have seen a dev say you can do 100k runs without getting a vanity. They are pretty rare, otherwise everyone would be selling them.

Ihavenokills
06-20-2012, 06:24 PM

yep all luck

Deathpunch
06-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I've been playing since july 9th and only have gotten one vanity. A tragedy from the shipyard. They seem to be as rare as updates are.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Seiyen
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
I did about 10k kills at biosphere(3k non stop) to get a mark, was doin ship solo

-Raghav

Cero
06-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Your not the only player who hadnt experience a vanity drop. :)

Zaonabiuibil
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Your not the only player who hadnt experience a vanity drop. :)

Cero got cero vanities? Oh, the irony...

dugantale
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I did 987 no vanity takes time bro :)

mousedrag
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I have gotten about 1 vanity it was Skull and that was IT lol (i was doing exp runs to cap and it just dropped and i became very happy) :) but after that i never gotten another one:/

Esoul
06-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I have gotten about 1 vanity it was Skull and that was IT lol (i was doing exp runs to cap and it just dropped and i became very happy) :) but after that i never gotten another one:/

it's cool :cool:

and I wish they put blue xray or silver devaur skull helm in plat store...
or make like vular black and white, I got 2 only 15000credit Lol :D

PianoWizzy
06-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I'll have to edit my post as I saw a third vanity drop and received my FIRST ever! :D I'd be more excited but it was a 7k pet :P 6 months of running and System finally managed to cough up something for me.

And considering I've hit L41 twice and 10k xp into my third, I don't even want to calculate how many failed runs that is for a Skull, Mark, or Scorn.

Exion
06-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Sorry to say it but.. you still haven't found a vanity.. pet is a purple drop..
It's still more luck then I've had tho :)

thecrankybearsam
06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Lol I was in PL at skeleton cult crypts and I got buwanda's staff of doom
PS my friend was using PL cheats and he made that happen. Thanks Asirate! lol

HunterSLAYER
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
There's a difference between PINKS and VANITIES.(pinks are pink in colour, vanities are blue)and btw this is an SL thread discussing vanities.

iAmPain
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Lol I was in PL at skeleton cult crypts and I got buwanda's staff of doom
PS my friend was using PL cheats and he made that happen. Thanks Asirate! lol

yep, this is PL forum :eagerness:

and what do you mean PL cheats? thats like saying "my friend hacked PL for me"

PianoWizzy
06-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Sorry to say it but.. you still haven't found a vanity.. pet is a purple drop..
It's still more luck then I've had tho :)

What I mean is that it is "technically" a vanity as you will only find it in the vanity closet, correct?

Closest I've gotten.

*Zero*
06-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Cero got cero vanities? Oh, the irony...
Ummm. There can only be one.

Deathpunch
06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Ummm. There can only be one.

Oh! 0 fight! I got money on the lowest number!

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Kanozaki
06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
aha , welcome to the no luck club :(

Ive seen so many vanity drops for other people and i mean tons. From beta till now , im yet to drop one of these dodgy blues to my self.

awesomebro
06-25-2012, 04:11 AM
I know and you're thinking "keep trying, you'll get it". Wrong. I've tried every theory and at this point going to write to the administrator of the problematic drop rate in this game for vanities. Here's why: The contain no stats (except the epic pets of course), they are merely costumes for looks, and insane value that people will pay boasting their character as if they're gamer gods that walk around. I want my first vanity not because of the fact of a value, to wear, or to sell. I want to have the same experience people are getting obtaining it. For example, if that player is going to get lv 40, so do I, and I go get it. Vanities however, it's a whole new ball park.

500 runs on Redsun planet Bilge and still nothing. I don't understand or the concept. to get a vanity you must be really lucky i suggest you use an enhancer

Exion
06-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Enhancers have no effect on vanities.

HunterSLAYER
06-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Quoted from one of my posts:
Luck enhancers do not affect the drop rates of vanities from bosses.

Explanation of effects of luck enhancers:

If loot=gray, reroll=white.

If loot=white, reroll=orange

If loot=orange, reroll=green

If loot=green, reroll=purple

If loot=purple,reroll=pink

Basically, the luck enhancers(miner's luck for e.g) gives you a chance for better loot(even with rerolls) if there are better loot.

The luck enhancers do not necessarily give u the best loot, so buying them is like a gamble.

One example of the luck enhancer working wonders would be when the Yanis and Zevon Yorr pets were released and they were ORIGINALLY LEGENDARY(PINK) Vanity drops.

However, people found an exploit at the map that they often drop(Voleria).

As I explained earlier, if u got a purple loot and u rerolled u MAY get a Pink. So as purple drops are really common at Voleria, all u need to do was to buy miner's luck(100% reroll for better loot).

KILL A COUPLE OF SCORNS, wait for the purple drop, and when it comes often people using miner's luck or any other luck enhancer who rerolled would actually receive a vanity pet(remember they WERE PINK?).

This exploit has been fixed by changing the rarity of the pets to PURPLE but not before heavy plat users farmed many extras and caused the prices of these pets to FALL RAPIDLY in the Consignment Shoppe.

Hint: You might want to try red sun pirates('secret labs'), bilge:incubator.
Vanities drop pretty often from that map but sell for a decent price(especially brown jacket, blue sunglasses and green shirts).

Hope this helps.
Exlon is absolutely right.

Ark
06-25-2012, 11:01 AM
The drop I got was the xrays and I wasn't even farming it. I was doing solo runs in Numa 1 runs. then two days later, I got tragedy in Shipyard 2

Esoul
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Lol! cool :cool:

foulu
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
I find it insanity people got two X-ray visor drops and they don't even mention how they obtain it. Sure, it's on Numa planet but what stage and how? I just gave up officially going after vanities. As I stated before, they are BS high jacked items with no stats. The one item I had my eye set after was red jacket and red glasses, but no. People want to put 50,000 credits for each or even high based on the color difference. I consider it sexist and I support this fact because female vanities are a lot more affordable than male vanities. Kinda like the real world... Just saying what's needed to be said about facts.

Either the devs needs to enhance the potion luck to increase vanity drop rate or I'm not bothering with it at all.

Tvis
06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
In life, it is possible to have similar experiences, but not every person is the same and not every person will have the experiences they want in life. This game relates; it feels great to earn a vanity, but not everybody will get the chance, merely because that's the way it rolls out. Keep trying and it make come, but it's never a guarantee. You may get a future vanity in a future campaign at a future time. There's really no way to effect your chances of getting one. Best of luck to ya.

Kanozaki
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
The drop I got was the xrays and I wasn't even farming it. I was doing solo runs in Numa 1 runs. then two days later, I got tragedy in Shipyard 2

-sniffle sniffle - rub some of your luck off on me please :(.

Seriously though its pretty frustrating when you have seen as many vanities i have seen drop to other people , especially people who slack off during runs.

*Zero*
06-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I find it insanity people got two X-ray visor drops and they don't even mention how they obtain it. Sure, it's on Numa planet but what stage and how? I just gave up officially going after vanities. As I stated before, they are BS high jacked items with no stats. The one item I had my eye set after was red jacket and red glasses, but no. People want to put 50,000 credits for each or even high based on the colordifference. I consider it sexist and I support this fact because female vanities are a lot more affordable than male vanities. Kinda like the real world... Just saying what's needed to be said about facts.

Either the devs needs to enhance the potion luck to increase vanity drop rate or I'm not bothering with it at all.

My Xray drop was at Lvl 31 cap. Bunch of beta players did a old time nekkid Numa run on map 2 Squatter camps at first section with the guys sleep under the tents is where it dropped.
Link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37992-***Naked-Beta-Beta-Players-Runs!!!***&highlight=Cappinclutch

PianoWizzy
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I find it insanity people got two X-ray visor drops and they don't even mention how they obtain it. Sure, it's on Numa planet but what stage and how? I just gave up officially going after vanities. As I stated before, they are BS high jacked items with no stats. The one item I had my eye set after was red jacket and red glasses, but no. People want to put 50,000 credits for each or even high based on the color difference. I consider it sexist and I support this fact because female vanities are a lot more affordable than male vanities. Kinda like the real world... Just saying what's needed to be said about facts.

I had two responses....

"wha?" and "derp."

A) They don't have to explain... it's a drop. The same way you get Special Type V Electroweave Wings or Class IV Shocktite Sleeves, just far less common.

B) Again, I say, whaa? I don't see any male or female vanities anywhere \(o_O)/ what the pie are you talking about? And you can't say that certain colors are more affordable than others -- the sci-fi vanities are in an inconsistent flux right now, sometimes some are higher, sometimes they go lower, it's almost random really.

C) The real world??!? Do you know how much decent dresses can cost?!

D) Then what do we have left to play at pure random?

akfury
06-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I had two responses....

"wha?" and "derp."

A) They don't have to explain... it's a drop. The same way you get Special Type V Electroweave Wings or Class IV Shocktite Sleeves, just far less common.

B) Again, I say, whaa? I don't see any male or female vanities anywhere \(o_O)/ what the pie are you talking about? And you can't say that certain colors are more affordable than others -- the sci-fi vanities are in an inconsistent flux right now, sometimes some are higher, sometimes they go lower, it's almost random really.

C) The real world??!? Do you know how much decent dresses can cost?!

D) Then what do we have left to play at pure random?

just let him be a moron piano no since beating since up against a brick wall

PianoWizzy
06-29-2012, 10:21 PM
just let him be a moron piano no since beating since up against a brick wall

I approach brick walls with an AK-47.

McBain
06-30-2012, 02:21 AM
The thing about vanities....I don't think you can really successfully "farm" for them. Maybe others would disagree, but that approach is kind of like trying to "farm" winning the lottery to me, since the drop rate is so low. Most people I know (including myself) that have gotten a vanity drop weren't trying for it, it just happened. Just do your thing and be patient. It's like that saying: a watched pot never boils.

HunterSLAYER
06-30-2012, 02:55 AM

Apparently you didn't read my post on the explanation of luck enhancers and its purpose with regard to loot drops.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

PianoWizzy
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
The thing about vanities....I don't think you can really successfully "farm" for them. Maybe others would disagree, but that approach is kind of like trying to "farm" winning the lottery to me, since the drop rate is so low. Most people I know (including myself) that have gotten a vanity drop weren't trying for it, it just happened. Just do your thing and be patient. It's like that saying: a watched pot never boils.

Lol well the pot WILL boil though. But you are on target with the lottery comparison, so in adjustment, I say, a watched lottery never wins.

Jblazer
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL True

foulu
07-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Apparently you didn't read my post on the explanation of luck enhancers and its purpose with regard to loot drops.

I read just enough to stop reading. Not funding spacetime studios with money to waste just to use luck enhancers. Also, I wouldn't be surprised users would help a company out for what is called affinity commission to mislead new players to waste money on. I do my research thoroughly to know what's accurate and what isn't. Not wasting money or my time with vanities anymore. Got mines in platinum store and I'm happy.

Again, it raises question as to why buy a scam price of a vanity in credits? Here's the math if I wanted to purchase it from auction:

89$ to get 2000 platinum. 300 platinum to be spent to get 17500 credits, correct? X-ray visor is typically sold at 900,000 credits, so I'd have to spend at least 3000 platinum to accumulate 900,000 credits, so that's roughly 160$ worth of platinum to be spent to obtain it. Scam much? It does nothing, no stats, and doesn't effect in game play.

And to the person who said I'm a piano moron, I hope you get gonorrhea.

Seiyen
07-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Lol xray dont costs 900k,it costs 1.7m atleast(1.4m if u lucky)
n 2000plat=> about 440K,so about 8000 plat(360$) to get a visor

-Raghav

asazocave
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Lol xray dont costs 900k,it costs 1.7m atleast(1.4m if u lucky)
n 2000plat=> about 440K,so about 8000 plat(360$) to get a visor

-Raghav

na re baba ka assirwaad le aur sab mil jary ga
jai baba ki :)

Mitchturbo
07-04-2012, 02:49 AM
What The Expert seller says ^^ Init Brah!

Respect thy with a Kama Hama HA!!!!!

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 06:51 AM

You are skimming at an incredible rate, lol. I did meet someone in game named PianoMoron btw, oddly enough. And what was said was,

just let him be a moron, piano, no since beating since up against a brick wall

He was missing commas that I've just added in to clarify the message but really a piano moron lol?

Oh and I have gonorrhea :o Why do you think I'm on SL so much?

I kid I kid, just thought I'd give you that mental image :o

Mitchturbo
07-04-2012, 07:29 AM
lol

Matutd
07-04-2012, 07:50 AM

I read just enough to stop reading. Not funding spacetime studios with money to waste just to use luck enhancers. Also, I wouldn't be surprised users would help a company out for what is called affinity commission to mislead new players to waste money on. I do my research thoroughly to know what's accurate and what isn't. Not wasting money or my time with vanities anymore. Got mines in platinum store and I'm happy.

Again, it raises question as to why buy a scam price of a vanity in credits? Here's the math if I wanted to purchase it from auction:

89$ to get 2000 platinum. 300 platinum to be spent to get 17500 credits, correct? X-ray visor is typically sold at 900,000 credits, so I'd have to spend at least 3000 platinum to accumulate 900,000 credits, so that's roughly 160$ worth of platinum to be spent to obtain it. Scam much? It does nothing, no stats, and doesn't effect in game play.

I'm sorry to say this, but if this is your view on the vanities, you probably are a moron. Sts doesn't choose the price of the vanities, the people who loot them do and because of their rarity, they're expensive. Sts also aren't forcing you to buy the credits so if you don't want to, then don't buy them. You've mentioned enough that they are useless and have no stats, so why do you still care about them? Either get over it and carry on trying to farm one or stop complaining.

HunterSLAYER
07-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Where's gibber or some dev?
This thread needs to be locked as op's topic is controversial.

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh I was just about to say that I was starting to mark this as a troll thread.

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/485572-Jeremy/572/29/1298787074140_display.png

Mitchturbo
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Cephei
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I got:
2 xrays (First One random, second One after 8 runs :p)
Green Shirt
Blue Shirt
Red Glasses
Comedy
10 pets lol (while capping my eng the last 4 days)

Thats it :)

Aracnus
07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
My guess is that u got the X-Rays at Numa right?

Cephei
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Yea at numa.

Aracnus
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I never go there, idk if i should start now? hmmmmmmmm.....

iAmPain
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM
he maybe the 1st guy to get 2 rays in a row. so lucky

Garvhoz
07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Bro its all about your luck in real-life, if you are one of the unluckiest people in the world you probably wont get a vanity. Though i did get a vanity once. I was in slouch-o lv26 trying to finish a quest. As i get into the first room and opened a chest, god smiled and provocted the game to give me a vanity. I must have had a major brain fart cause, i gave it away to some random dude. With the reason that i would find another vanity. The worst part of it was that its was the most favored of vanities. X-ray visors. I will regret that decision for the rest of my life. I still have nightmares when the scene goes over and over in my head. I didnt realize my mistake until i look at the vanity section of cs. That was when my heart broke. Ever since then i pray to god that i can get a vanity, i also never seen someone drop a vanity after that incident.:(

It was still the best feeling ever it was like i won the lottery

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I got:
2 xrays (First One random, second One after 8 runs :p)
Green Shirt
Blue Shirt
Red Glasses
Comedy
10 pets lol (while capping my eng the last 4 days)

Thats it :)

I will put this out clearly. I am jealous.

K? There. I admitted it, I said it, I'M JEALOUS.

iAmPain
07-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I will put this out clearly. I am jealous.

K? There. I admitted it, I said it, I'M JEALOUS.

who in the world isn't ? just by the pets, that's already a big factor. it's like farming gutter but way easier (for these lucky people)

Iron Hand
07-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Lol i have been playing for over 11 months... A list of what i have that dropped for me in that time.

1 - legendary weapon nova (mysterious figure boss drop after running shipyards daily for 3 months)

3 - blue shirt vanities ( dynastar level 4 boss drop when first came out got 1 on each of my toons while helping others learn game and level)

1 - custom recipe for meganaut helmet ( bioshpere boss drop)

This is all i have recieved in playing almost daily for anywhere from1 to 4 hours per day in almost a year. Each time i recieved these i had no elixirs on and various party size from 1 (me) to 5. They are very rare and if u received more than i have you are lucky. I only have 1 vanity item which is mark of warfare which i bought after selling all my farmed green items, purple items and those 3 blue shirts. :) so don't feel bad about not getting a vanity drop but when u do get one it is a cool feeling of accomplishment as it is the most challenging thing to do in this game.

Happy hunting friend!

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 03:04 PM
My full list goes as follows:
First ever Mech helm or vanity looted.
Xrays from Squatter camps (map 2) in numa.
Squid Buddy from Big Bug Blast in Delta 7
Comedy from Biosphere in Shipyard
Pink, Red glasses from Red sun map 5
Blue Glasses from Uncharted Ruins map 5 Numa

PianoWizzy
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I got

1. Yaniz Yorr

I WIN.