PDA

View Full Version : Scatterbear Island

Fusionstrike
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Yup, that's what Humania should have been called. I seems like every pick-up game I join is chock full of bears who can't wait to fling all the monsters to the far side of the island. For the love of all that's holy, if you can't figure out how to beckon/stomp them into the side of the map, then just stop using those skills! The million-mile-long maps require enough running as it is without having to do laps up and down the beach to finish off nearly dead mobs that you fling around like so many boogers. Knock it off already!

Buffedbear Pl
06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
There are actually some nice corners in the maps which I like to pull the mobs into, but yeah the others just fling them like slingshots. Gets annoying huh

/b is your friend

kiitz
06-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Its actually the lay out of the map that makes it a huge pain. They lay out is terrible for bears because there are also mobs that are out in the middle of a giant open area.

I play all the classes, so its not a big deal when I'm playing my mage or bird, but I was talking to a buddy of mine who also plays bear (skillfully) and we were complaining about how its going to be a bear's nightmare to set up quality beckon/stomps and control all the mobs.

ThePvpTwink
06-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Scattering the enemies makes it easier to kill them off 1 at a time whereas mobs especially with the bigger enemies do over 200 damage per hit make mobs very hard. But it does get annoying when they fly across the map and reset...

McBain
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
In the big open areas, bears need to just beckon and resist the urge to stomp. Grouping the enemies together is far more valuable than a single beckon/stomp combo.

Lowlyspy
06-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Hehe welcome to the Plat gen. The age of good tanks is over, only a few remnants remain.

CrimsonTider
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Hehe welcome to the Plat gen. The age of good tanks is over, only a few remnants remain.

Sad but true...

Try being a bear who beckons into a wall/edge/corner only to find the mobs don't follow. :(

/learnyourrollandshutyourmouth. ;)

TANKKAAR
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
In the big open areas, bears need to just beckon and resist the urge to stomp. Grouping the enemies together is far more valuable than a single beckon/stomp combo.

The best advice has already been given above ^^ Especially if you cant find a nice spot to pull the mob into.

I would however add on that using the stomp once the mob has been pretty close to obliterated is a great way for you to finish them off while increasing your kill count at the same time... usually bears will beckon stomp into a corner and other classes get to finish them off. If done properly this could be our turn to get some decent kills while still helping the group in the most efficient way...lol

Whirlzap
06-20-2012, 04:49 PM
^ So true.
99% of all bears only got into these games, because now Thrasher> Skill and their Level 6 Rage plus AUTO is decent.

Reason I loved sewers was because bears actually played very well during those times.
Now, it's all about Thrasher. Don't know how many runs people said "Thrasher Only" to me.

Whirlzap
06-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Sad but true...

Try being a bear who beckons into a wall/edge/corner only to find the mobs don't follow. :(

/learnyourroleandshutyourmouth. ;)

/learnyourspellingandshutyourmouth. ;)

CrimsonTider
06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
/learnyourspellingandshutyourmouth. ;)

LOL! I be out of thanx or id giv ya a thumms up. ;)

NECROREAPER
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
In our defense, it's a terrible map for any bear who isn't throwing or shooting something.

Melee weapons really almost have no place in Humania, as even Sam said the most effective way to take on the mobs is to kite them correctly.

Rare
06-20-2012, 06:01 PM

Bears ftw!!!

Bebsi
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
The prob here is that when u taunt and try to group the mob Rambo mages and birds rush in and root or nuke the mobs so I can't pull the mob.... ^_^
Only thing u can do is let them use their specials first then try to pull to one side.

cainnblecter
06-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Yes veru hectic i try pull towards edge only to find out a bird has rooted ir a mage has froozen then sometimes when i do get them towards the wall another bear decides to pull the opisite and off they go if i scatter its one of a few reasons 1. Im hettin my *** beat so i scatter to decrease mob 2. I do make mistakes and have failed stomos or 3. Out of habbit i do want to say ty for this post tho but its not just bears how can we pull towards wall if birds and mages keep freezing or rooting? I understand they may be doin that foe fear of sime bears flinging em around willy nilly like its a mosh pit but also ive noticed some real jerk players idk how many times ive died along with other ppl right next to mage and mage.just walks off if im doing something wrong in game just tell me stop im not a jerk

Silverpegasus
06-21-2012, 03:26 AM
The prob here is that when u taunt and try to group the mob Rambo mages and birds rush in and root or nuke the mobs so I can't pull the mob.... ^_^
Only thing u can do is let them use their specials first then try to pull to one side.

Nah. When mages does freeze. Yes, u cant pull the mob. Birds does thorn wall, it SHOULD make it much easier for you to pull cos their dodge decreases a lot. By right bird should cast thorn wall before bear beckons.

demoncrate
06-21-2012, 03:54 AM
In the big open areas, bears need to just beckon and resist the urge to stomp.
Spot on. Although resisting that can be tough.

I used to be a noob bear flinging mobs about. Then I got to sewers and saw that the wall lining helped killing mobs.
Then onto Nuri, in which the open maps did'nt allow this (except for one level)
I skipped Nuri.
Went on to Fang, and was happy to find out that my presence as a bear was welcomed.
With humania my position in the party is perhaps lower but I can still prove my mettle by 'trying' to line mobs against whatever wall I can find.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 03:57 AM
Ok now this is really gettin me heated do mages have a grudge on bears or what i dont how many time i see them revive everyone but bears and i can be right next to a mage no wonder y bears r gettin everyone mad

demoncrate
06-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Ok now this is really gettin me heated do mages have a grudge on bears or what i dont how many time i see them revive everyone but bears and i can be right next to a mage no wonder y bears r gettin everyone mad
I try to revive everyone, but since Xperia Play is messed up and I can have just 3 skills displayed I choose not to waste a skill slot on rev.
Sorry in advance if I walked past you with my headphones on while you were crying for help :)

KingFu
06-21-2012, 04:03 AM
There's no way to CC in almost all the maps. Those that you can CC in, people just want xp, so they rush in and spam their skills. Honestly, I tried CCing the first few runs, and realized, people nuke before I can taunt, HS, get to the spot, beckon, and stomp. They're dead by the time I start to hit beckon. Scatter bear is the way to go if you don't wanna waste time, and want to at least get some kills. Otherwise, you're wasting your own time. On 4X Elix, my smash combo can almost kill all the mobs it hits. So bear leads and uses smash, mages collect the remaining around with their Aoe, and birds use their arrows (with 12M range, mind you) to get the stray mobs, and there's no trouble. If you're in a decent 4X group, you literally walk through the map and spam your skills, and the mobs are dead. Between the openness, and the easiness of the new maps, gaming dynamics are out the window. It's all about getting it down as fast as possible.

And it's only gonna go down hill from there with everyone leveling in low level zones. Has anyone even gotten 71 by leveling in Humania?

Edit:

I'd also like to mention I've seen a ton of horrible mages out there. I've seen at least 5 that ignored requests from a dead player to rev, and went on playing until they got booted. As for bird...well....bird is hard to mess up lol.

Cobraguy
06-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Yup I blame thrasher and double xp weekends. :)
I play all classes as well and it is a bit of a pain to play the map as a bear. Resisting the stomp is the only way to go in some places.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 04:14 AM
No i dont cry for help i wait a lil make sure that if. They used rev its got time to charge or are atacking and then say rev and i get.nothing so i say thanx for ur useless help its not all mages there still some doing good but idk what it is it seems everytime somebody gets to a higer lvl they turn to pure jerks im finding birds more usefull then mages right now

Shellkaz
06-21-2012, 06:20 AM
@ Cainn, I try to revive everyone in the party but right now the iPad version is glitched, and I don't have the field of vision that I'm used to. I'm sure the same thing is affecting the play of others,

Back on topic: this is a less bear friendly map, but I still would rather have the mobs gathered into groups instead of chasing them all over the map, even if the groups of mobs are smaller than the ones we got used to in fang.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Well i hope i run with one of u two mages lol i been thinking it might be there just in a rush to get to 71 cause alot the mages that havnt revived has beem on elixs so they probally dont want to waist time but ive decided take matters into my own hands and started lvlin my mage again lol she not as noob as my bear and if ive run with any mages that have read this and happen to be the few that actually revives party thank u that was my biggest issue is it wasnt just me other ppl were bein left for dead...4 lol

Shellkaz
06-21-2012, 07:03 AM
One other thing that I've noticed with the glitched version of humania, the fronds on the palm trees don't seem to scale down at the same ratio as the rest of the map, when you expand the field of view. (zoom out) so I've often found the recently deceased getting hidden by the foliage. ;-). I know the devs will get it sorted out but, to any one running with me, Give me time I will find you. I just hate having dead bodies cluttering up the island, dont you? :surprise:

NotYoCookiez
06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Problem?

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/notyocookiez/cf6945f6.jpg

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Maybe could be palm trees but when a mage runs right over me and i ask rev and they just keep on running with a lil lol in the box is when i get heated im by far not as professional as veterans u can say ive moved up to bein a professional noob and ppl die its kind of a fact in video games unless of course ur the more hard core player with 0 deaths but i know even them if they brought out the first toon they made would look bad .....every pro was a noob and every noob has a chance to be pro

wvhills
06-21-2012, 07:30 AM
haha! I was going to start a similar thread to this saying how humania is a scatterbears dream. :)

Shellkaz
06-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Ouch that's not good on the part of the Mage :-(. The class has heal and rev for a reason. And that's why I picked the class.
@ notyo, I wish I had that much of a field of vision. I'm using iPad 2 and the skills buttons cover up almost 1/3 of my screen, and in a full party run the names and status bars of the rest of the party cover almost another 1/4 of the screen. I'm not sure whats happening, because I didn't have problems like this in the AO deserts or the swamps. I have a very narrow field of view to work with. Meh either it will get fixed or I'll get used to it. One of the 2 will happen. It always does

NotYoCookiez
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Hmmm werid I'm on a small little iPod

GoodSyntax
06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
As I've said before the double XP and Thrasher has really contributed to the decrease in general player skills.

Even now, when I join a PUG and see someone with a CoP, I stick close to them, because I know that, at the very least, that is the one guy who KNOWS how to play, can effectively contribute to a combo, knows their role, and has ground it out in game.

Wish I would have made that level cap....

Anyone who has the CoP should wear it proudly as it symbolizes that you know what you're doing.

There is nothing worse than joining a PUG with 3 4x scatter bears in the group. It's like there is some kind of contest for how quickly you can rush through the map where killing all mobs is purely optional. The best is when one bear beckons, then another beckons to a different corner and I'm stuck cleaning up the scattered mess. I especially love it when one of them says "Leave them noob!" That's classy....

Jcyee
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Its actually the lay out of the map that makes it a huge pain. They lay out is terrible for bears because there are also mobs that are out in the middle of a giant open area.

I play all the classes, so its not a big deal when I'm playing my mage or bird, but I was talking to a buddy of mine who also plays bear (skillfully) and we were complaining about how its going to be a bear's nightmare to set up quality beckon/stomps and control all the mobs.

Indeed, the map layout seems to b causing much of the trouble...

Bebsi
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Nah. When mages does freeze. Yes, u cant pull the mob. Birds does thorn wall, it SHOULD make it much easier for you to pull cos their dodge decreases a lot. By right bird should cast thorn wall before bear beckons.

I still think its better Becken stomp in corner or wall, then let Mage or bird finish.
That's how I learned it from the early days of the game. If their are more bears one would pull after another.
The only thing that disturbs u guys is, that u haven't realized that scatterbears were in MF there all the time. But there weren't vast rooms like in Humania. So an experienced or thrashered party would just roll over the mob scattered or not...

Silverpegasus
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Problem?

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/notyocookiez/cf6945f6.jpg
Nice shot... And solo & no lix... bravo lol