PDA

View Full Version : $1.99 - Buy Stats and Attribute Points!?!

Arjun
04-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Is it possible. Purists I know will object. All due apologies for having asked. Then there is the two circus clowns on the forum who might simply try to question such logic just for the heck of it. (both of you - it’s quite simple. I don’t need any of your wisdom or to share in your personal grief. Find someone else to share it with. Click on new post. Better yet - Find Somewhere else to share it with. Search Google seeing as your so happy with yourself for knowing how).

Like seriously. . . everything else is on sale. Why not stats and attribute points. Should we want to spec out our character over and above normal. . . ?

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm not trying to question the logic of it, just saying, this will never happen for very obvious reasons.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Fair enough. Yeah I know what you mean. Would make the game too easy for some. Pointless for others.

Still. Helmets and Crossbows bought at the itunes store hardly compares to the stats and attributes wielding them. Value-wise that is. All optional at the end of the day.

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Fair enough. Yeah I know what you mean. Would make the game too easy for some. Pointless for others.

Still. Helmets and Crossbows bought at the itunes store hardly compares to the stats and attributes wielding them. Value-wise that is. All optional at the end of the day.

Yeah most of the items in the itunes store is for Appearance's sake. A lot of the gear is flaming or different from the average drop. The only thing that could be overpurchased would probably be gold, and I doubt very many people are actually buying gold from the store. If they made it possible to buy skill points or attributes some people with a lot of people would drop tens to hundreds of dollars on these and would be unpropotionally powerful which ruins the point of the game.

maxvegas
04-19-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm not trying to question the logic of it, just saying, this will never happen for very obvious reasons.

yeah like what's the point of the game then .... grind ,lvl up and enjoy ....

Splurd
04-19-2010, 12:35 AM
I think as much as the Game company wants to earn money, they will never do this because it will cause an imbalance, and consequently cause people to be unhappy.

If stats buying was introduced, then people will complain that it is unfair, people will be power gaming through money.
If PvP was ever introduced, it would be a case of see who has more money to spend to get better stats.

I think (or I hope) that the dev team is aiming to create a balanced game, and stat buying will be counter productive to that goal.

Towelie
04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
i've seen private servers do this before, make donations and you get awesome uber pwnage kick*** gear
for everyone else, eh, there was no one else

Arjun
04-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Alright. So how about we only gets to purch one set of stats every now and again. Post 5-10 lvls up. So at Level 5 say for instance, you get the option to add the stats given and/or buy a set of stats for $x.99. Then at 15 again. Not compounded. Which is to say that a player will not get the option to purchase 2 sets being one that was not used at level 5. (just detailing out a rough idea). One set being 5 points to distribute across attributes. And 1 or 2 for your skill(z).

Meanwhile I’m grinding across three levels. Gonna get the fourth and I can’t wait for the one with the crocs. The Idea being a stat purchase would just gimmie tht much more bang for my buck and less cause to rely on pot spamming. For one thing.

maxvegas
04-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Alright. So how about we only gets to purch one set of stats every now and again. Post 5-10 lvls up. So at Level 5 say for instance, you get the option to add the stats given and/or buy a set of stats for $x.99. Then at 15 again. Not compounded. Which is to say that a player will not get the option to purchase 2 sets being one that was not used at level 5. (just detailing out a rough idea). One set being 5 points to distribute across attributes. And 1 or 2 for your skill(z).

Meanwhile I’m grinding across three levels. Gonna get the fourth and I can’t wait for the one with the crocs. The Idea being a stat purchase would just gimmie tht much more bang for my buck and less cause to rely on pot spamming. For one thing.

an easy way to get rid of pots spamm is if mobs drops them

Arjun
04-19-2010, 02:00 AM
More than one way to skin a cat. What.

Tht whole prevent pot spamming was just a bonus. Real question is: A Set of Stat and Attribute points for $$. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not looking to get Str or Dex upto 300 or anything like that. Just a decent buffer if offered is all. 5 points here a dollar or two there. Tht sort of think.

Shebee
04-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Bann OP. Hes trolling too much...

Arjun
04-19-2010, 03:25 AM

Reported us both into the Mods. Can't wait to buy myself a new device and set up a fresh tunes account. Know why. Cause there ain't no recession where I'm from. That and I really digg this game. So wht you gonna do Shebee!?!

Put your money where your mouth is why don't ya. I'd recommend the iPhone 3Gs. ..or u might wanna hold out for the speculated 4G one. Oh and I believe AmEx is a good card to use for future purchases.

Oh yeah. And if they do let me pay for statts. Ill check you out in-game. PvP zone day 1. If u manage a fresh set up that is of course. Not questioning that you won't. know wht I mean.... nudge nudge.... wink wink. . . know what I mean!?!

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Reported us both into the Mods. Can't wait to buy myself a new device and set up a fresh tunes account. Know why. Cause there ain't no recession where I'm from. That and I really digg this game. So wht you gonna do Shebee!?!

Put your money where your mouth is why don't ya. I'd recommend the iPhone 3Gs. ..or u might wanna hold out for the speculated 4G one. Oh and I believe AmEx is a good card to use for future purchases.

Oh yeah. And if they do let me pay for statts. Ill check you out in-game. PvP zone day 1. If u manage a fresh set up that is of course. Not questioning that you won't. know wht I mean.... nudge nudge.... wink wink. . . know what I mean!?!

Somebody's overreacting much... lol.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 03:29 AM
More than one way to skin a cat. What.

Tht whole prevent pot spamming was just a bonus. Real question is: A Set of Stat and Attribute points for $$. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not looking to get Str or Dex upto 300 or anything like that. Just a decent buffer if offered is all. 5 points here a dollar or two there. Tht sort of think.

Frankly speaking, I just dont think it is a good idea.
Looking at alot of other MMORPG games with cash purchases, I have never seen one which allowed people to buy stats. Most games will offer thinks like unique items sets, or visual goodies (like alternate skins) etc, these items will not drastically affect the gameplay and you will never encounter a imbalance of people who spend $$ vs people who dont.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 03:30 AM

Thats somewhat harsh. :cool:

Shebee
04-19-2010, 03:40 AM
Thats somewhat harsh. :cool:

You should start reading his posts, youd probably agree with me.
At leasf warn him or add a feaure to ignore peoppe on the forums.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 03:46 AM
You should start reading his posts, youd probably agree with me.
At leasf warn him or add a feaure to ignore peoppe on the forums.

I do think he is misguided, and takes negative feedback too personally.

I'm pretty sure he was implying that you are my multi account at one point in time. Which is creepy since that would mean I am talking to my self now. Its only a matter of time before the men with white jackets come for me~.

cough

But yeah, saying "omg ban me I dont care I'll go buy another iphone" is.. as Deathshock put it, over reacting. (and childish)

Arjun
04-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Shebee... Just so you know. . .sent this little gem to the Mods by way of the Exclamation point on the left had corner of each post. Take a look. See it. Good. Extended controls and functionality.

Yesterday*06:02 PM

Quoting your Wisdom.

. . ."I think you need medical attention.
You talk crap that make no sense and whine that because someone distributes their attributes in a totally stupid way he's not able to equip items, well no ****?
And now you talk crazy **** like this, just because everyone else is intelligent enough to understand why you are wrong doesn't mean I have 5 accounts on this forum." END QUOTE

Ill say it again. Happy to get banned right there with you. Oh-wait, that's right. you missed the earlier quote I submitted from the game update screen. Perhaps you didn't catch the one about Spacetime banning by device. Think about a 4G phone. I hear it’s gonna be all the rage.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Somebody needs a chill pill.

*swaps it for cyanide*

Shebee
04-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Rofl, i cant believe im feeding the troll here but first of all why would they bann me, second that has exactly what to do with my device? Third can you start posting like normal human beings, your posts are decorated with nice words, but your posts' content is childish and mostly make no sense at all (nothing to do with the matter being discussed for example)

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Shebee... Just so you know. . .sent this little gem to the Mods by way of the Exclamation point on the left had corner of each post. Take a look. See it. Good. Extended controls and functionality.

Yesterday*06:02 PM

Quoting your Wisdom.

. . ."I think you need medical attention.
You talk crap that make no sense and whine that because someone distributes their attributes in a totally stupid way he's not able to equip items, well no ****?
And now you talk crazy **** like this, just because everyone else is intelligent enough to understand why you are wrong doesn't mean I have 5 accounts on this forum." END QUOTE

Ill say it again. Happy to get banned right there with you. Oh-wait, that's right. you missed the earlier quote I submitted from the game update screen. Perhaps you didn't catch the one about Spacetime banning by device. Think about a 4G phone. I hear it’s gonna be all the rage.

Bro, you need to chillax, nobody's going to get banned for something like that. Shebee does have a point with the stats distribution, if you distribute your stats evenly that is your own choice, but the items were created to follow a rough attribute format specific for each class. And nobodys going to buy a new phone just to play some dam game.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Bro, you need to chillax, nobody's going to get banned for something like that. Shebee does have a point with the stats distribution, if you distribute your stats evenly that is your own choice, but the items were created to follow a rough attribute format specific for each class. And nobodys going to buy a new phone just to play some dam game.

I'm easy man. Just posting good Shebee fair warning. How else would he/she/they of known tht I done gone and pressed the likkle red button. Hahaha. Ban by device. Heck. Like I said. Recession. What recession. Aint no such thing where I'm from.

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm easy man. Just posting good Shebee fair warning. How else would he/she/they of known tht I done gone and pressed the likkle red button. Hahaha. Ban by device. Heck. Like I said. Recession. What recession. Aint no such thing where I'm from.

Dam, no recession eh? Got any more room where you're from?

Arjun
04-19-2010, 04:39 AM
S'ho Nuff! You Bet. Plenty of People too. Never got into the whole soft loan mix-up. But that's neither here nor there. I still say ban me and olde what-his-face. . shebee!?! . . ..n gimmie about a half-a-day to log my bird bakk in.

Perhaps they be sellin statts for $1.99 by then. And Attribute points to boot as well.

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 04:42 AM
S'ho Nuff! You Bet. Plenty of People too. Never got into the whole soft loan mix-up. But that's neither here nor there. I still say ban me and olde what-his-face. . shebee!?! . . ..n gimmie about a half-a-day to log my bird bakk in.

Haha dude, if they ban your device I'm pretty sure they'll ban the account that has logged into it 100% of the time.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Yeah yeah absolutely right on tht one. . . . . . which is why will have to do it all the way through... iTunes. hence I even suggested earlier tht Sheebs might wanna go through AmEx second time round. I know I might.

Repeatin my edit: Perhaps they be sellin statts for $1.99 by then. And Attribute points to boot as well.

Shebee
04-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Banning someone on the forums has nothing to do with a bann in-game.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 04:58 AM
If you say so.

Odvar
04-19-2010, 05:08 AM
If this happens it would ruin the game period.....

Splurd
04-19-2010, 05:15 AM
If you say so.

I do say so.

Assuming I never posted my account info, or my character nicks, and assuming I did not use the same email to register for the forums and the iPhone, there is no way to link the two accounts.

Secondly, these two accounts are separate. There is no valid reason why banning here should affect your in game account. I'm sure in the T&C they state a clause that they reserve the right to dsiable your account for whatever reasons they deem fit. But I highly doubt they will ban an account for such a petty reason.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Ummm. . . .Shebee. . .

http://i39.tinypic.com/r258pw.png

I'm just assuming that they extend the same logically forward. To the forums. Where what we post can indicate how we get along with other community members. Or not. It's an assumption at worst. One that I'm quite happy to make.

The next frame has smthing about false reports being dealt with as well. Click on the news icon in-game screen. You might have missed it in a rush to go play. Can't blame you for that. Game's still pretty awesome.

Arjun
04-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Splurd. . . yeah. Kind of figured tht you hadn't read it either. No surprises there.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Ummm. . . .Shebee. . .

http://i39.tinypic.com/r258pw.png

I'm just assuming that they extend the same logically forward. To the forums. Where what we post can indicate how we get along with other community members. Or not. It's an assumption at worst. One that I'm quite happy to make.

The next frame has smthing about false reports being dealt with as well. Click on the news icon in-game screen. You might have missed it in a rush to go play. Can't blame you for that. Game's still pretty awesome.

:rolleyes:

And really, you assume too much. I did read it. :cool:

if you read carefully, it says behave in game.

And secondly, I refer to my previous post, there is no link between my account and my forum account. So they cant ban me.

Shebee
04-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Once again Arjun your post makes no sense.
Or well it does but i has nothing to do with it.
Your argument (picture) proves nothing, it actually just proves myargument is right.
I dont know, and dont take this personally but you seem to be mentally disabled, I dont mean to offend anyone here, but you just dont seem to fit in the community wih your weird suggestions (and mostly stupid) and with your posts that make no sensenat all (or prove you are wrong, like in your attribute topic).
I feel sorry for you owning yourself with your own posts.

Ps. I didnt mean to offend anyone here.

Felora
04-19-2010, 06:38 AM
I think it is ok to sell some decent but not rare items. It is ok to sell stats reset (cos the stat and skill descriptions are not clearly anyway) but it is not ok to buy stats or buy a level 20/30/40... character. They let you buy gold but don't make gold too useful to balance it out. If they screw the economy and the value of items, they screw the game and the real players who will keep playing and paying. There is not much point to get those lousy players who shell out a few dollars but forget the game quickly.

So in short. I don't think this will happen. May be until the ending life cycle of the game.

Justg
04-19-2010, 06:58 AM
We do have rules for in-forum behavior: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27-Message-Forum-Rules

Please behave here as well. Think of it like this... the more time we have to be here moderating, the less time we are putting into the game.

It is highly unlikely that we would ever sell stat points or something that would allow you to buy your way to the top of the game.

Gonna lock this thread now.