PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Solo Farming the Sci-fi Vanity Items in Redsun Pirates

Ark
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
If you are looking for a fast way to solo farm for the sci-fi vanity items. You should do Redsun map 4 and kill Red Beard McGrieg in the beginning of that map. Just remake the map after killing McGrieg, even if he runs away. It's faster than doing Redsun map 5 (less walking and killing).

Before attacking McGrieg, you must stay behind or on the line in front of McGrieg so it will prevent you from targeting the bombs or the turrets. ALSO, don't auto-attack or use skills on McGrieg until he attacks you first, it will also keep you from targeting bombs or the turrets.

Whatever is in these "[ ]" are how many skill points are in that skill.

Skill Combo for Commandos:
-With Strength Enh.-
Kinetic Reservoir[5] (+35 Damage for 2 seconds after effects wears off) and Growing Rage[6] (use those two skills before getting into combat with McGrieg) >> Gravity Well[6] >> Singularity[6] >> Back Breaker[6] >> Auto-Attack
-Without Strength Enh.-
Same Combo, but less odds on killing McGrieg before he runs away.

Skill Combo for Operatives:
*REMINDER* don't use Flames of Insanity because the boss will run away if used.
-With Strength Enh.-
Auto-Attack >> Mind Wrack[6] >> Lurch[1]
-Without Strength Enh.-
Precision[6] (use before getting into combat) >> Auto-Attack >> Mind Wrack[6] >> Lurch[1]
OR
Precision[6] (use before getting into combat) >> Auto-Attack >> Amplify Pain[6] >> Mind Wrack[6] OR Neural Shock[6]

Skill Combo for Engineers:
-With Strength Enh.-
Pain[6] >> Transference[6]
Decay[6] >> Wither[6] >>Transference[6]
-Without Strength Enh.-
Pain[6] >> Leech[6] >> Transference[6] >> Sonic Boom[6]
Decay[6] >> Wither[6] >> Leech[6] >> Transference[6] >> Pain[6] (depends on your timing on using this combo)

Here is a video for people who are still confused on how to do this sci-fi vanity farming. This youtube video was made by TheRajX.

http://youtu.be/23lVFckKvCo

I really hope this little guide will help you get the sci-fi vanity items quicker. (: Have Fun and Good Luck!

Thanks to:
Bubututu (Afk) because I'm not so great with my commando, so I asked him what skills he used when he farms Redsun map 4.
Fantasia for giving me another Operative skill combo.
Hellcurse for giving me a very effective Engineer skill combo.
Urqui for giving me another Engineer skill combo.
TheRajX for making the video, it's very helpful.

Traosabara
06-20-2012, 06:19 PM
saw you mention this before and have had good success doing this with my op.
I even got a green shirt after just a few runs.

The combo I use is Precision >> Auto-Attack >> Amplify Pain >> Mind Wrack OR Neural Shock. All those skills are level 6.

Thank you for sharing this with everyone!

Ark
06-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll add your combo skill if that works for ya (:

Traosabara
06-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, I went to try yours, and I believe it works better. That tip for staying behind the line makes a difference too. :)

Ark
06-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Well, I went to try yours, and I believe it works better. That tip for staying behind the line makes a difference too. :)

I'm glad my little guide works lol. I was kind of scared it wouldn't work for people. xD

OvigorothO
06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Damn im out of thanks for today :) ill come back in a few hours and give u a thanks

Gassyllama
06-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I managed to kill him with lv 40 eng but that was after 16 tries. I think just luck. I tried every combination of skills.

Never killed him again after that.

Challa
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks a lot for this! Got a denim jacket in the first 20 minutes. :D

Ark
06-21-2012, 08:44 AM

I'm glad my guide helped ya (: & congrats, usually it makes me awhile to get a vanity item. lol

Libertie
06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
I found a combo that works for level 40 engineer, pretty consistently, but you have to be fast (and make sure all your skills go off).

Auto attack -> Leech -> Wither -> Decay -> Pain

Your auto attack kills him before he can run away. I'm nearly full INT and have leech, wither, and decay all maxed and pain at lv 1 and it works for me, might not work for someone with another build but it's possible. I just mapped those four skills in that order and it works almost every time now unless I mess up. :)

edit: Actually I take the "you have to be fast" part back. Do each step but don't just fire them off rapidly.. the timing is actually more important than I thought. But it does work, I promise!

Esoul
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
I try and failed, the boss run away :p

Deathpunch
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Shoot, done right with a capped and fully geared toon, 5 can be done in less than a minute. Only kill what you need to, the mob at the beginning to open the door and run to the boss. I've done it many times while farming twink gear.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Bubututu
06-21-2012, 10:55 AM
<3 Donkey <3

4 to 1 Kills in Redsun 4 to Redsun 5 in less then a minute takes my favor everytime!

Nice work on this Arky! <3

Seiyen
06-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Its kinda hard as he runs away, its all about right time to use mind wreck

-Raghav

Deathpunch
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
<3 Donkey <3

4 to 1 Kills in Redsun 4 to Redsun 5 in less then a minute takes my favor everytime!

Nice work on this Arky! <3

Maybe so, but we ain't got nothing but time on our hands here in SL.

-----

Ark
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I found a combo that works for level 40 engineer, pretty consistently, but you have to be fast (and make sure all your skills go off).

Your auto attack kills him before he can run away. I'm nearly full INT and have leech, wither, and decay all maxed and pain at lv 1 and it works for me, might not work for someone with another build but it's possible. I just mapped those four skills in that order and it works almost every time now unless I mess up. :)

edit: Actually I take the "you have to be fast" part back. Do each step but don't just fire them off rapidly.. the timing is actually more important than I thought. But it does work, I promise!

Okay, I want to try your combo and see if I get any where (: thanks for the combo for engineers. I couldn't really find one :/

Gassyllama
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM
I found I pretty consistent way to beat him with eng. lv40.

1- daily elixer on you will decimate him

2-use tapjoy to get plat and buy strength elix

Doesn't matter what build just spam skills that do damage, I save transference till he is at a quarter health to get that last chunk gone quickly.

It is free and I have already got a couple good vanity drops.

Ark
06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I found I pretty consistent way to beat him with eng. lv40.

1- daily elixer on you will decimate him

2-use tapjoy to get plat and buy strength elix

Doesn't matter what build just spam skills that do damage, I save transference till he is at a quarter health to get that last chunk gone quickly.

It is free and I have already got a couple good vanity drops.

Mmm.. I'll try that when I have time today..

Libertie
06-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Okay, I want to try your combo and see if I get any where (: thanks for the combo for engineers. I couldn't really find one :/

After yesterday, I'm finding that it really depends on timing - and if he's able to dodge at all it gives him time to get away. With just the daily free elixir he dies every time, though.

Hellcurse
06-23-2012, 04:09 AM
this sometimes kill him in one shot, and i say sometimes if u time correctly. here is the comb from my pve eng:
pain(6), leech(6), transference(6), sonic boom(6)

dugantale
06-23-2012, 04:30 AM
I get him down to tiny sliver... Cant kill him lvl 40 engie :( love the guide tho

Urqui
06-23-2012, 05:22 AM
For engineers have a Condor Eye Damage Implant and Aan's Embrace
Before the boss Revive for a bit more dps.
For the combo use: Decay-Wither-Leech-Transference-Pain

The trick is to start attacking AFTER he shoots you ONCE
Works for me:)

Ark
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
this sometimes kill him in one shot, and i say sometimes if u time correctly. here is the comb from my pve eng:
pain(6), leech(6), transference(6), sonic boom(6)

For engineers have a Condor Eye Damage Implant and Aan's Embrace
Before the boss Revive for a bit more dps.
For the combo use: Decay-Wither-Leech-Transference-Pain

The trick is to start attacking AFTER he shoots you ONCE
Works for me:)

Alright, thanks you two, I'll try that an see where I go (:

Ark
06-24-2012, 09:49 PM

I tired your combo and I wasn't able to kill him :/ he keeps running away.

Cero
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
cool,
Tried it ...
i stay behind the lind
went for pre>amp>lurk>lash>wr . works fine

thanks for the guide

Libertie
06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I tired your combo and I wasn't able to kill him :/ he keeps running away.

I realized I might have been having such luck because I was playing on a computer using keyboard shortcuts. I was also able to pre-select him before entering the room, and that way I could run right up to him without it trying tonforce me to select something else. I don't know if that mattered, but it might have contributed to my success rate although that's doubtful. Like I said, it worked almost every time for me as long as I got the timing right. :)

But I'll try some of these others out, I want to see if they work better for me. I also have condor eye implant but I was using a gun/shield combo. I'm not really interested in farming vanity items, I just liked your idea and thought I'd give it a try. :)

Ark
06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
If you do the other Engineer skill combos, it actually works much better. (:

I really have to thank them for giving me the combos, I was having so much trouble looking for one..

awesome4132
07-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I have another combo for coms. growing rage [6] and reservoir[5] (before going into battle), auto attack, graviton slam[6] and force hammer[5] then back breaker[6]. its all about the right timing to use each of the skills

awesome4132
07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Libertie View Post

Your auto attack kills him before he can run away. I'm nearly full INT and have leech, wither, and decay all maxed and pain at lv 1 and it works for me, might not work for someone with another build but it's possible. I just mapped those four skills in that order and it works almost every time now unless I mess up.

does it work for a lvl 19 engi with all those skills?

Ark
07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
does it work for a lvl 19 engi with all those skills?

It does not because your skills needs the certain amount of skill points.

TheRajX
07-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Time for a fail safe way for engis to beat no?

I'm a level 41 now but that doesnt play any significant role. Its ok if you are level 40.
I will not share my build because of obvious reasons. But I will share that not all my skills are at level 6, so if you do have all of the attack skills I use at level 6, you are guaranteed to be set.

Watch the video and see. I am using a common Accelerated Matrix Coil as my Wep and Dodge gear - although gear doesn't play too much of a role.

As for the device, I am using a computer, but its still feasible on a handheld device. As you can see I didn't even need the 5th skill to kill the boss so pushing 4 buttons without switching should be an easy enough task.

Jblazer
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Time for a fail safe way for engis to beat no?

I'm a level 41 now but that doesnt play any significant role. Its ok if you are level 40.
I will not share my build because of obvious reasons. But I will share that not all my skills are at level 6, so if you do have all of the attack skills I use at level 6, you are guaranteed to be set.

Watch the video and see. I am using a common Accelerated Matrix Coil as my Wep and Dodge gear - although gear doesn't play too much of a role.

As for the device, I am using a computer, but its still feasible on a handheld device. As you can see I didn't even need the 5th skill to kill the boss so pushing 4 buttons without switching should be an easy enough task.
Nice!

TheRajX
08-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Now I just use a napalm carbine...

donzai
08-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I tried killing him but no luck...

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Boey
08-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Does he still drop vanities?

Esoul
08-13-2012, 06:41 AM

Yes! they still drop on Savant boss

Blayze
08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Now I just use a napalm carbine...

Good idea! I never thought about that ;o

He still drops vanitys, he is still considered a "boss" and those sci-fi items still drop from "all bosses"

I even saw a level 4 in the ucs savant, containments bay run I was in and at the boss, it dropped a classic gold shirt for him, so it's still hanging out and any level can get it (;

masterinfinit
08-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I got a gold shirt in Voleria inner core today. I opened doors but no boxes. I did quite a few runs and in the end, I succeeded!!!

Ark
08-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Well of course you can like open secret doors and boxes, it doesn't effect your drops what-so-ever. Only way that can effect your drop is using the luck enhancer but the luck enhancer doesn't work on vanity drops.

TYRANTO
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
nice guild :eagerness:

Shonex
08-28-2012, 05:55 AM

So how many runs do you need to do(daily) to get a vanity here? Not sure if I`m vasting my time here... ? :confused:

Ark
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
So how many runs do you need to do(daily) to get a vanity here? Not sure if I`m vasting my time here... ? :confused:

It's not how many runs, it's just how lucky you are.. Getting any vanity is very random. Can't use luck enhancer because it doesn't re-roll vanities.

It's just very random.. Once someone got three vanities in a row by remaking redsun 4. And some people don't even get any after doing so many remakes.

Mrbananaz
08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
there was so many ppl sayin u could only get sci fi vanitys from lvl5 bosses and this proves them wrong xD i have dropped my only sci fi vanitys in dynastar even after hours of grinding here lol red beard must not like me

Shonex
08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
there was so many ppl sayin u could only get sci fi vanitys from lvl5 bosses and this proves them wrong xD i have dropped my only sci fi vanitys in dynastar even after hours of grinding here lol red beard must not like me

Lol I have been playing this game for 2 months and I have never gotten a single vanity,I bought all of my vanities.But i was wondering if the chances of getting a vanity are bigger when remaking Red-Sun 4? :)

Ark
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Lol I have been playing this game for 2 months and I have never gotten a single vanity,I bought all of my vanities.But i was wondering if the chances of getting a vanity are bigger when remaking Red-Sun 4? :)

Yes, you'll get a bigger chance because to get those sci-fi vanities because you don't have to run through the whole run just to kill a boss. You just have to try killing the boss that in the beginning in Redsun 4 :)

Mrbananaz
08-30-2012, 12:44 AM
thanks ark this guide was definetly helpful :)

Szangheili
08-31-2012, 02:00 AM
I only got Red sunglasses once as a drop, I'm never lucky :(

Jblazer
09-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I only got Red sunglasses once as a drop, I'm never lucky :(

Lol I usually give all my money and vanities I loot away.But now I need money lol.Not having much luck with loot when I need it :P

enifreboz
09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
i already killed him around 50 times a month ago but no vanity

Ark
09-08-2012, 08:10 AM

The drop is very random. It's not like an legendary weapon/armor.

Esoul
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM

well you better :vlol: ... I play 1 years no vanity on SL :livid: . i dont know. why vanity on SL is very hard :mad: ...i do some few days on DL got albino bats <3 :vwub:

Deathpunch
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I've only ever gotten one vanity drop since I've been playing. It's a tragedy. Also, it was a tragedy.

-----

Esoul
09-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I've only ever gotten one vanity drop since I've been playing. It's a tragedy. Also, it was a tragedy.

-----

:vD:

Astrofish
09-21-2012, 02:42 PM
nice

zaonaky
09-23-2012, 05:48 AM
nice ! i tried but died -_-

Crazyhealer
03-24-2013, 05:48 AM
i gotta try that out, seeing everyone get those jackets and shirts
:)

Battlegrinder
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Pzman
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
what types of drops are there?

Itoopeo
03-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Classic vanities.

And new eng combo for L46: decay-wither-transference-pain

ArtofWar
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Classic vanities.

And new eng combo for L46: decay-wither-transference-pain
All maxed out?

Shonex
03-30-2013, 12:28 PM
All maxed out?
You should have decay, wither and transference maxed out, but have about 2 points on pain ( pain doesn't require to much skill points it just increases the damage for a little amount)...

Pzman
04-06-2013, 02:05 PM
im a L20 so its like impossible

Shonex
04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
im a L20 so its like impossible
Yes,for a L20 it's impossible... but if you're L30 + the double damage weekend,you could just kill him ;)

Pzman
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes,for a L20 it's impossible... but if you're L30 + the double damage weekend,you could just kill him ;)

oh yea i might try again since its double damage

bmendonc
04-20-2013, 06:01 PM
napalm to half health + spam all dmg skills for com

Nofox
08-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Very nice guide. #ImLate

Nofox
08-08-2017, 05:47 PM
2017 im late

stsgrump
09-02-2019, 11:50 AM