PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Buddyf97
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes or no question.
I say yes. I only have the mount fang armor as of now. I just received the volcano vanity, hoping it would pair with the armor. When I leveled in mount fang I did it with the intention of pairing it with the new helm. If I knew this would not occur, I would not have wasted all my plat and countless hours of my time.

Post your thoughts below!
-Bud

McBain
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
No, as it's probably the first piece in a new vanity set. No reason why it should bonus with another set.

Edit: And I don't think it was ever said that the new vanity gear would have any bonus with the old gear. If I'm wrong, though, and the devs did say that, then yeah, it should have the bonus.

Mothwing
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Erm. No. Sam posted that it's a completely new vanity set. So why should it?

thedream
06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, because many people leveled to 66 for the mt fang armor just for a bonus with the next elite vanity cap.

imxoriginal
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I vote yes it should.

gundamsone
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Yes it HAS TO...I wonder consider it border line scamming if it didn't. People didn't grind 100k exp for no reason.

Edit: Maybe less stats than COP otherwise those with COP will complain but seriously the volcano hat looks ridiculous compared to the COP

Matutd
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
100% yes! The only reason I levelled to 66 in the last update was for the set, and now it was just a waste :(

Otukura
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, because then I have a chance of coming back at 81 for the next armor.

/biased opinion

Ixillicus
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
My vote is yes. Because many people grinded for the Fang cap to get the armor which would be completely valueless without any other item. I am saying this from the perspective of someone who had a full Persistence set.

I think to make things fair, the bonus should be different than that of a 2-piece persistence set, not necessarily inferior, just different.

The angel set is not sufficient to players who grinder for a vanity set that has stats. it's nice, but it's not enough winback for how people will take this.

Zeus
06-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes, I can handle it mooching off the old set temporarily until it gets a set of its own.

Maybe devs should make it temporary? Just give a bonus until next campaign, when the shield comes, so it's able to make its own set?

13lacklegionz
06-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes. The level cap vanities are just a way of earning more money for STS anyways.

STS will lose money if they don't have as many people grinding to the level cap using platinum elixirs, due to the terrible vanity we currently have at lvl 71.

Buffedbear Pl
06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
YES!

But I think this Volcano hat isn't the the TRUE elite vanity... Because you don't get off the Fallen Prince, it doesn't give a set bonus with armor & what JustG said

And this weird message the Fallen Prince says...(check attachment)

But I could be wrong xD

That message is if you still have your dingy or persistence helm from 56 to get it turned into a vanity CoP

Buddyf97
06-20-2012, 11:18 PM
It's not given out by the Fallen Prince because he would be embarrassed to wear it.

TANKKAAR
06-20-2012, 11:26 PM
I vote YES YES YES!! It should continue on the path of the current Elite vanity set and helm take place of helm (but better), Shield take place of shield and so on.... But what I REALLY wish the Devs would do is find a way to let us craft our lvl56, 61, 66 elite vanities with the new lvl71, 76, 81 vanities to create and even better bonus. I know that would cause alot of issues with people crying about it being OP but im not asking for a HUGE increase in stats maybe just a different look. When it comes down to it I paid GOOD (real) CASH for this bonus and these sets arent even stashable. So after all that I would hate to see them rotting in my inventory like the rest of my vanities that I never wear (besides BIG LUCK which doesnt work anyways...lol) just because there is another vanity set later down the road. On top of that I think it would be a great way to seperate the older veterans who earned the elite (AND PAID FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF STS) from the poeple that are just coming around and starting to earn sets now.

RedRyder
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Yes, but what we think/want in this case doesn't matter. It probably won't change at all. It blows because I wouldn't have wasted my money on the armor. Lesson learned :(

That's 2 bottles of ciroq that I would've had.

Rare
06-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Yes or no question.
I say yes. I only have the mount fang armor as of now. I just received the volcano vanity, hoping it would pair with the armor. When I leveled in mount fang I did it with the intention of pairing it with the new helm. If I knew this would not occur, I would not have wasted all my plat and countless hours of my time.

-Bud

Yes....

Back
06-21-2012, 12:29 AM
YES!

But I think this Volcano hat isn't the the TRUE elite vanity... Because you don't get off the Fallen Prince, it doesn't give a set bonus with armor & what JustG said

And this weird message the Fallen Prince says...(check attachment)

But I could be wrong xD

Fallen Prince won't be NPC in humania. Why? Humania is filled up by Human NCP and I think Humania will have someone else to get the job done.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

LwMark
06-21-2012, 12:41 AM
They are elite peices they should give a bonus no matter what 2 or 3 peices ..people grind for them..and people who only got fang..what was the point? If no sorta bonus even if its less then other peices

Sryyoulose
06-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Why should people with CoP complain anyways they only had to grind half the Xp (approximately) compared to the 100k

Yes I have never capped... I've been to lazy. However Humania cap may be different! (If vanity gets changed lol...)

zeusabe
06-21-2012, 01:23 AM
No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus Stat. It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets...I don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect. See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two...they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on.

TANKKAAR
06-21-2012, 01:52 AM
I took the liberty of answering each one of you questions/comments.. Mins are in bold :) Hope that clears it up.

No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus Stat. Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets... This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toonI don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect. Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two... I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on. The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming, twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted that drives people away wether they are new or old

Silverpegasus
06-21-2012, 03:02 AM
It's not given out by the Fallen Prince because he would be embarrassed to wear it.

LMFAO. Hey it might look good on those captured humania guy! Rmb that funny giant in the closet?

Back to topic. I was too, under the impression that the new vanity hat will give bonus with mt fang armor.
Though i would say the 66 set for all classes given to us for grinding to 66 has been way generous.
So, i wont be greedy n asked for more set bonus lol. What would i do without that 66 set? Pink is way too exp now, and i never get the drop lol.

Whirlzap
06-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Yes it HAS TO...I wonder consider it border line scamming if it didn't. People didn't grind 100k exp for no reason.

Edit: Maybe less stats than COP otherwise those with COP will complain but seriously the volcano hat looks ridiculous compared to the COP
Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
I'm sure this is what "fair" means to STS.
Besides, be happy you're even getting a help for grinding all that EXP.
Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.

mike1298
06-21-2012, 06:51 AM
If not I wouldn't mind some free plat for all the plat I put into 66.

zeusabe
06-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for "taking liberty", in return, here's my counter arguments:

1. I said "No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus
Stat." You said, "Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set"

The concept of a piece belonging in an identified whole is what I was pointing to. I'm not referring to how they were acquired, I'm stating a fact that CoP + SoH + MFA =
SET as how Orlok = SET, and implied how unfeasible Orlok + Lilith =/= SET... real simple, put these items together to get a "bonus" (an indication that it's a set). I agree, it
is NONSENSE to consider mixing items that belong to different sets.

2. I said: It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets...
You said: This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toon

You arguing with me on a point of FACT? It's a fact that the new elite cap vanity does not stack with previous elite vanities as of the moment and this thread is merely
attempting to deliberate on that fact. I have all the right to assume, based on current fact, that there will be another set. Regardless of how you think it's absurd, this
doesn't change that fact. You're barking on the wrong tree, I'm not STS. If this statement was directed to STS, please clarify it.

3. I said: I don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect.
You said: Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity
in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise

The part where I said "I don't see how this is unclear" refers to the fact that the new elite vanity belong to a "new" set, which explains why it doesn't stack with the "old"
set. You feel that it's shady and unfair on the having two different sets? That's what I was referring to when I said "I don't see how this is unclear". You're already ranting
and not rebutting what I said, I never mentioned anything about being fair and shady or whether the fact that it wasn't announced properly, those are already your
grievances and you should direct them to STS, not to me, your answers has got nothing to do with what I said. Next point, you speak as if STS announces everything, also,
your statement is misleading when you said "hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise", who said anything about not completing them? You will still complete them...we're
talking about the stack of new elite vanity to old vanity, there was never a question that the "new" vanity will be completed, STS never showed anything to hint that the
new set will not be completed. You, along with others, just want it now...but obviously, you didn't...that's not the same with non-completion of the set at all.

4. I said: See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a
bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir
although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two...
You said: I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set
considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this
way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null

Again, you are using a rant to argue your point on a point of fact that I did not make. Direct your rant to STS, not to me. Just to digest what you said, you said "you have
3 lvl 66 toons and ALL have elite vanity..." that's awesome, even if you deny that it did not motivate you, fact remains that you have them and you're still
here, in fact, you were so motivated that you have 3...sometimes, the evidence contradict words. The NONSTASHABLE issue you have has nothing to do with what I'm
saying...anyway, just to touch on that a little bit, last time I checked, customization is a good thing. I don't want to argue with you on business points, let's just agree to
disagree...but the thing is, STS thinks your wrong, at least for now.

5. I said: they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then
going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on.
You said: The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming,
twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted
that drives people away wether they are new or old

If you feel that players don't quit because they have nothing to work for (i.e. Elite Vanities as a new set) of this, then why did you even conclude that STS will lose
money because of it? Are you saying that you're the only one thinking it's a big deal and other players don't? Again misleading statement, your money is not wasted...it will
only be wasted if you quit...because the fruits of your investment requires time and patience, you wait for new map and form a set. There's a difference between getting
the bonus now, and getting it later.

zeusabe
06-21-2012, 07:44 AM
In before Cool Story bro and TL:DR, check, again, NO, no bonus stacking.

Xazic
06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Why should people with CoP complain anyways they only had to grind half the Xp (approximately) compared to the 100k

Yes I have never capped... I've been to lazy. However Humania cap may be different! (If vanity gets changed lol...)

You must remember that during sewers, there were no 4X elixirs/Trasher's to ease the 83k xp. So you can't exactly compare the Sewer grind and the Humania grind.

Just saying, and not taking any sides, so don't stress and live longer.

Pakax
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
LOLOLOL Soooo true... Imagine the Prince with a volcano on his head...

@zeusabe you should be a lawyer :-)

My [biased] answer is NO. I say 'biased' because I have COP/SOH/MFA. so I'd like that to remain a set.

In addition, I like the concept of an entirely new set although I understand why this would be frustrating for some people. STS should have clarified when they advertised the MFA, particularly in recent weeks when they pushed people to xp. Everyone, I suppose, kind of assumed one would get stats with new helm and MFA (+- SOH). Sadly, I do not recall that specific thing being written anywhere.

Gaunab
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
You must remember that during sewers, there were no 4X elixirs/Trasher's to ease the 64k xp. So you can't exactly compare the Sewer grind and the Humania grind.

Just saying, and not taking any sides, so don't stress and live longer.

83k, IIRC, and yeah, it was a hell of a lot more hardcore w/o trashers being available (until about the last month of Sewers).

Pakax
06-21-2012, 08:38 AM
I fully agree with both.

Now, 100k xp is fairly easy if you can buy the plat. Two guys can run Magic Castle for 20k xp an hour. That's 5 hours to cap @ 71.

83k, IIRC, and yeah, it was a hell of a lot more hardcore w/o trashers being available (until about the last month of Sewers).

Xazic
06-21-2012, 09:07 AM

Yeah, 83k what I meant >.<

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
STS should have clarified when they advertised the MFA, particularly in recent weeks when they pushed people to xp. Everyone, I suppose, kind of assumed one would get stats with new helm and MFA (+- SOH). Sadly, I do not recall that specific thing being written anywhere.
Exactly my point! Even if it is temporary with my MFA and then has that go away once a new armor comes out. I was under the full impression that the elite vanities were interchangeable. Disappointment to me.

Pakax
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I know but at the end of the day, nobody actually said they would be interchangeable. I think this is one of these situations in life where people actually understand/assume what they really want to happen but in actual facts, nobody ever said that this would be the case. See what I mean? I understand the disapointment but ultimately, I think this may well be as it was planned, i.e. two separate vanity sets
which are not interchangeable and people just made the wrong assumptions.

XghostzX
06-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I say no, even though I just received the vanity helm like twenty minutes ago (finally) but I'd rather it be a whole new vanity set.

Gaunab
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I own a full persistence set, but I have to say YES, just from imagining how those who grinded to 66 are feeling.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Even if the bonus is to stay only until another armor is released I am perfectly fine with that! Or even until the shield next cap.

FluffNStuff
06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I will have to say "No, it is part of a whole new vanity set, with a caveat" because STS ~should~ have announced that earlier, so people without any other vanities would know that their fang armor would never make a set, and could plan to spend their plat accordingly. Nothing they can do about it now, but it really is an unfortunate situation.

Chickenrunnn
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes or no question.

-Bud

I did excatly the same as you.

I vote YES !

The only reason why I lvled into fang to get max cap vanity was to get the vanity bonus from humania...
I've spent more than 300 plats to get the fang armor, so please STS, do something about that..

Look what you could do :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield
For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite venity shield
For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..

It's only an idea, but it would permit to reward players who reach the 66 Fang cap and who only have 1 Elite armor, which is for now useless.

Cya all :)

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I did excatly the same as you.

I vote YES !

The only reason why I lvled into fang to get max cap vanity was to get the vanity bonus from humania...
I've spent more than 300 plats to get the fang armor, so please STS, do something about that..

Look what you could do :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield
For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite venity shield
For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..

It's only an idea, but it would permit to reward players who reach the 66 Fang cap and who only have 1 Elite armor, which is for now useless.

Cya all :)

Thanks! Exactly what I think!

Ixillicus
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM

That is wholly inaccurate. Reaching 56 was 84k, and at that time it took much more xp just to get to 55z Factor in that we didn't have x4 elixirs back in the day, it was truly a hard (read: elite) accomplishment.

Ixillicus
06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I also feel like it is a complete jip that STS pushed and campaigned for everyone to get the Mt Fang Armor before it was gone. Wwll if it doesn't give a bonus with the new helm, then it is useless. What an insult to those who only have the elite armor and nothing to make a bonus with.

Drizzid
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Sewer grind was simple, run hideout to cats. Just like every other cap it's time consuming. It's no more difficult than any other cap, though it may have taken a bit longer.

Considering I just purchased a lot of platinum for the road to 71 and am just now realizing the new elite vanity isn't part of a set leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm seriously considering trying for a refund because any platinum used now is really only going to be worth while a year down the road when the next campaign comes out. There is absolutely no point in chasing to 71 right now, and for new players mt fang armor was a complete waste of plat and time as both vanities are useless on their own and even together.

Real shady work here STS.

Back
06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Did you guys grinded for the set bonus and not for a rare in game that'll never be given out again? I guess Samhayne already stated somewhere that there will be new elite sets. It's not STS' fault.
Did anyone force you to grind for lvl. 66 armor? No, you choose to grind. Lmfao!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

TANKKAAR
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for "taking liberty", in return, here's my counter arguments:

1. I said "No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus
Stat." You said, "Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set"

The concept of a piece belonging in an identified whole is what I was pointing to. I'm not referring to how they were acquired, I'm stating a fact that CoP + SoH + MFA =
SET as how Orlok = SET, and implied how unfeasible Orlok + Lilith =/= SET... real simple, put these items together to get a "bonus" (an indication that it's a set). I agree, it
is NONSENSE to consider mixing items that belong to different sets.

2. I said: It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets...
You said: This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toon

You arguing with me on a point of FACT? It's a fact that the new elite cap vanity does not stack with previous elite vanities as of the moment and this thread is merely
attempting to deliberate on that fact. I have all the right to assume, based on current fact, that there will be another set. Regardless of how you think it's absurd, this
doesn't change that fact. You're barking on the wrong tree, I'm not STS. If this statement was directed to STS, please clarify it.

3. I said: I don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect.
You said: Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity
in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise

The part where I said "I don't see how this is unclear" refers to the fact that the new elite vanity belong to a "new" set, which explains why it doesn't stack with the "old"
set. You feel that it's shady and unfair on the having two different sets? That's what I was referring to when I said "I don't see how this is unclear". You're already ranting
and not rebutting what I said, I never mentioned anything about being fair and shady or whether the fact that it wasn't announced properly, those are already your
grievances and you should direct them to STS, not to me, your answers has got nothing to do with what I said. Next point, you speak as if STS announces everything, also,
your statement is misleading when you said "hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise", who said anything about not completing them? You will still complete them...we're
talking about the stack of new elite vanity to old vanity, there was never a question that the "new" vanity will be completed, STS never showed anything to hint that the
new set will not be completed. You, along with others, just want it now...but obviously, you didn't...that's not the same with non-completion of the set at all.

4. I said: See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a
bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir
although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two...
You said: I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set
considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this
way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null

Again, you are using a rant to argue your point on a point of fact that I did not make. Direct your rant to STS, not to me. Just to digest what you said, you said "you have
3 lvl 66 toons and ALL have elite vanity..." that's awesome, even if you deny that it did not motivate you, fact remains that you have them and you're still
here, in fact, you were so motivated that you have 3...sometimes, the evidence contradict words. The NONSTASHABLE issue you have has nothing to do with what I'm
saying...anyway, just to touch on that a little bit, last time I checked, customization is a good thing. I don't want to argue with you on business points, let's just agree to
disagree...but the thing is, STS thinks your wrong, at least for now.

5. I said: they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then
going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on.
You said: The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming,
twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted
that drives people away wether they are new or old

If you feel that players don't quit because they have nothing to work for (i.e. Elite Vanities as a new set) of this, then why did you even conclude that STS will lose
money because of it? Are you saying that you're the only one thinking it's a big deal and other players don't? Again misleading statement, your money is not wasted...it will
only be wasted if you quit...because the fruits of your investment requires time and patience, you wait for new map and form a set. There's a difference between getting
the bonus now, and getting it later.

I especially like how you fight the arguments for STS and then shift all the blame back to STS at the end of your argument

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/cat-watermelon-argument-invalid.jpg

wvhills
06-21-2012, 12:01 PM
yes, i leveled to 66 just so I could get a set bonus when the next one piece came out. The armor was the only one I have so i feel like it was a waste of plat to get it.

Chickenrunnn
06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
yes, i leveled to 66 just so I could get a set bonus when the next one piece came out. The armor was the only one I have so i feel like it was a waste of plat to get it.

Exactly the same.

Vuvuzaylor
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Exactly the same.

exactly.

Xionskull
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Wait it doesn't give BONUS!? 0.- -.0
-.-

largecommand
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, I can handle it mooching off the old set temporarily until it gets a set of its own.

Maybe devs should make it temporary? Just give a bonus until next campaign, when the shield comes, so it's able to make its own set?
I say Yes, because STS specifically said "Get to 66 before Humania comes out and the Mount Fang Vanity is Gone!" whats the point in getting to 66 if the vanity is completely USELESS. More or less STS is going across the border in ripping us off. Countless finally got their first Elite Vanity so that they can get a Set bonus in Humania, and many DID NOT EVEN KNOW there's a Mount Fang Elite Vanity. I personally found this out when a 66 came up to me and asked where I got my armor. I was like :0!

The only reason why I grinded to 66, with only 3 4x's and mostly no elixer was so I can have a 2 piece Elite vanity set in Humania.

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary. And when the next campaign releases then make the Mount Fang armor useless. But right now many feel like going to 66 was a huge waste of time. Especially the ones that did it without elixirs.

Chickenrunnn
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=largecommand;684476]

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary.QUOTE]

YES! you could do that :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield.
For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite vanity shield

Xazic
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
You guys "probably" are thinking extremely biasedly now... (Looks like it)
STS DID cut the prices of elixirs in half. (Half the price many others paid.)

And they definitely did not mention "Get this for a bonus", it could just be a "Look what i have here, made it to 66 at the elite cap" after a few more caps come. (Meaning it will become rarer/more valuable as the endgame population grows with new people.

Once again, I am DEFINITELY NOT, and I repeat NOT, taking anybody's side so any complaint/flame replies are useless.
Was just listing the other point of view. Think about it :)

largecommand
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM

And they definitely did not mention "Get this for a bonus", it could just be a "Look what i have here, made it to 66 at the elite cap" after a few more caps come. (Meaning it will become rarer/more valuable as the endgame population grows with new people.

Once again, I am DEFINITELY NOT, and I repeat NOT, taking anybody's side so any complaint/flame replies are useless.

Say's the guy with all 3 Elite Vanitys.;)

Xazic
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Say's the guy with all 3 Elite Vanitys.;)

Can you read at all...? I said I am just stating the other side of the discussion, WITHOUT taking sides.

My straight own opinion is that I couldn't care less if there was a bonus or not, but as i read on, it looked liked you guys blamed STS for everything. Not like they tried to "cheat" you guys out of your platinum.

Jcyee
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes... But no. Hard to say... Yes so it would go with something... But no because i wud assume this vanity wud go with future vanities.

Swimmingstar
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
YES! I didn't spend all my time to get 100k xp to 66 and now working to get to 71 just to blank vanities.

And to get to 66 I didn't ever use an elixir above x1.5 or maybe x2 at max (tapjoy), imagine how much time it took.

Also, can elite vanities just have individual stats?

gundamsone
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.

You can't compare the current era of pl players to the veterans.

A good share of us who joined in late, we paid for plat to obtain the mt fang armor b/c we don't have all that time to grind 1 exp at a time. (some people even did the full 100k exp)

Why did we waste real life money?Why did I waste 90 bucks on plat for a 1 piece vanity? Why did STS have multiple 2x events and half price on thrashers prior to Humania Expansion?

Because WE WERE led to believe that the next piece of vanity would give us a 2 piece vanity bonus.

It's a dirty marketing strat on STS's behalf which I don't approve of in any game. (I've played many and this is how the company can kill a game)

I don't know why you're so against all of this. Maybe you're experiencing the feeling of "I don't want newbies to obtain what I've obtained" aka Greed...

So look at it on the bright side. The new vanity looks hideous... let us new players enjoy the benefit of what we paid, played, and earned for.

OvigorothO
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Definitly a no on this one. Like ive posted in another thread, being able to mix and match two elite sets would be like being able to mix and match other sets like demonic or sewer gear. I can never figure you guys out. First you all rage on a 71 thread about how ugly it is and how you wont even grind to 71 anymore but you still want it to give you a set bonus? If you want all elite vanities to be compatible together what would be the purpose if sts working hard to make a new one each cap instead of just cycling through fang armor cop and nuri shield? "We hear ya folks... art is grinding away on a sparkly new epic helm of awesomeness. Stay tuned!" -Justg
This helmet will most likely be compatible since their ultimate goal is to satisfy the masses.

OvigorothO
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
You can't compare the current era of pl players to the veterans.

A good share of us who joined in late, we paid for plat to obtain the mt fang armor b/c we don't have all that time to grind 1 exp at a time. (some people even did the full 100k exp)

Why did we waste real life money?Why did I waste 90 bucks on plat for a 1 piece vanity? Why did STS have multiple 2x events and half price on thrashers prior to Humania Expansion?

Because WE WERE led to believe that the next piece of vanity would give us a 2 piece vanity bonus.

It's a dirty marketing strat on STS's behalf which I don't approve of in any game. (I've played many and this is how the company can kill a game)

I don't know why you're so against all of this. Maybe you're experiencing the feeling of "I don't want newbies to obtain what I've obtained" aka Greed...

So look at it on the bright side. The new vanity looks hideous... let us new players enjoy the benefit of what we paid, played, and earned for.

You spent that 90$ because you wanted to. There was no one threatening your life or well being. Sts has never mentioned or promised anything about the humania vanity being compatible with other elite vanities. The only thing the devs openly confirmed was that they were remaking the crown of persistence. That suggests of a NEW vanity set with its own set bonus.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 04:42 PM
"So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
-Samhayne

No specification. My thoughts: Oh! I need Mt. Fang armor to go with my elite cap vanity next cap!
This volcano is an elite vanity... Why no set, Sam?

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM
"So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
-Samhayne

No specification. My thoughts: Oh! I need Mt. Fang armor to go with my elite cap vanity next cap!
This volcano is an elite vanity... Why no set, Sam?

Exact quote please. I don't trust memories. I'm pretty sure the stuff in red was never said.

EDIT: JK

So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!

Even though he said it, I still don't agree that it should be implemented. Why should a whole new set combine with a whole different set? As said above, it's like putting Demonic and Crafted Fang sets together. Or like putting apples to oranges. It just doesn't fit.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Exact quote please. I don't trust memories. I'm pretty sure the stuff in red was never said.

EDIT: JK

Lol, if you need it, here's the link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59656-Humania-is-coming!-Current-Level-Cap-goes-away-and-New-Level-Cap-of-71

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Lol, if you need it, here's the link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59656-Humania-is-coming!-Current-Level-Cap-goes-away-and-New-Level-Cap-of-71

Did you see my edit?

Matutd
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM

1. I didn't get my elixirs cheaper, I capped earlier on. I still have no set
2. Why would I pay over 600-700 play for a vanity to look good, bat wings are 5 plat.
3. How can a non-tradable vanity become valuable? I can't make absolutely anything from this.
4. We were never told it would give a bonus with the new helm, but it seemed like it was implied to a lot of us.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Did you see my edit?
I did, my joking tone was in response to your edit. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
2. Why would I pay over 600-700 play for a vanity to look good, bat wings are 5 plat.
3. How can a non-tradable vanity become valuable? I can't make absolutely anything from this.
4. We were never told it would give a bonus with the new helm, but it seemed like it was implied to a lot of us.

We all know what assuming can do. I would never trust another's word (about an update that is) unless it was confirmed by Sam or another moderator/dev. How can you be positive that the information is correct? How many of us actually asked Sam if the new helmet would give a set bonus? My guess is zero. We all assumed it would, and look what it did. NEVER trust another's word unless you actually saw the original information. (I guess I shouldn't say never, but you get where I'm going...I hope...)

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
I did, my joking tone was in response to your edit. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

"Tone" isn't the best thing to use in artificial messaging...just sayin'

EDIT: Excuse my double post.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
We all know what assuming can do. I would never trust another's word (about an update that is) unless it was confirmed by Sam or another moderator/dev. How can you be positive that the information is correct? How many of us actually asked Sam if the new helmet would give a set bonus? My guess is zero. We all assumed it would, and look what it did. NEVER trust another's word unless you actually saw the original information. (I guess I shouldn't say never, but you get where I'm going...I hope...)
Post #5

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Wow, my sources are failing today. DARN YOU BUD! I kid i kid...Then I guess it is Sam's fault if he didn't confirm it.

EDIT: Checking that now >.<

Hey guys,

We know that people worked hard for their Crown of Persistence back in the day. However, nothing lasts for ever. Mountains wear down, Seas dry up, Cities rise and fall and so too the CoP has had its day. As Xionskull said above, if someone pulls out a CoP and puts it on, anyone who is in the know will recognize them as old school. The plan with the elite level cap vanities is to replace them in order, so after Humania expect to see a new vanity shield that will replace the Nuri's shield, etc.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Stuff in red is what I gathered from the post...

Daueden
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I vote yes or give me back my 700 plat i spent getting 2 characters to 66

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I vote yes or give me back my 700 plat i spent getting 2 characters to 66

Cause that'll happen.

/sarcasm

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow, my sources are failing today. DARN YOU BUD! I kid i kid...Then I guess it is Sam's fault if he didn't confirm it.

EDIT: Checking that now >.<

Stuff in red is what I gathered from the post...

I was just about to post that. >_<
Fail Quote bubble. But under my interpretation, I should be recieving a set bonus!

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
I was just about to post that. >_<

I guess he didn't say that the vanities wouldn't connect, but he also didn't say they would.

Matutd
06-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Replace? How were we to know that that didn't mean replace its spot in the set?

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Replace? How were we to know that that didn't mean replace its spot in the set?

I guess he didn't say that the vanities wouldn't connect, but he also didn't say they would.

Matutd
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Still, it seemed to be implied alot

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM

We all know what assuming can do.

kiitz
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes, it should. (I have the COP, but I still think it should)

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
"The plan with the elite level cap vanities is to replace them in order, so after Humania expect to see a new vanity shield that will replace the Nuri's shield, etc."

If the helmet were to make it's own set, it would replace the whole set, not just the COP. The next cap is replacing the Nuri Shield. If this volcano makes a new set it would not have anything to replace!

Xazic
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM

1. There was no information about it being a part of the new set.
2. That's your own impulsive action. Nobody made you go waste money.
3. Never meant in terms of gold. The whole structure of the sentence clearly makes the meaning of valuability be in rarity, since the new people WILL NOT have it. Get it or do you need an essay on explaining it again?
4. That again is just you. No official announcements were given about it so do not just assume something.

And btw my last paragraph did say this kind of replies are useless and dumb since it won't help to complain about it to me.

gibol1412
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
This is my opinion from other topic:

Hello. This is my second post. I have small sugestion. Can develepers of game give people choice? I would like to get lvl 71 but I would like to select between new vanity helm and crown of persistence, please answer about my suggestion. Many people will quit, because have mount fang armor and only that or other incomplete vanity. Waste of time for them now. I got Mount Fang Armor and Nuri's Hallows shield. Please think about it. Sorry for my english.
Best Regards from Poland.

Gibol
And I say yes if only way is vanity bonus for new helm.
PS. I got lvl 66 bear with only Mount Fang armor :upset:

Gaunab
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Why does it seem like some people don't want others to have a bonus?

Sure, it was never explicitly stated the new elite item would, but I know that the majority of people were assuming so. And I bet STS knew so too. Until a few weeks ago it wasn't even for sure that the new vanity would be another helm!

And whats the harm if people get a bonus from it?

Just imagine for one second how you would feel if you grinded all the way to 66 just to find out that the armor has no purpose except for its very mediocre look. I would feel totally ripped off that play and time I spent...

Very shady on STS' part as well Smh...

Walkhardd
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I didn't read all replies, so sorry if this is redundant...

To anyone that says no to making it a set, put yourself in the shoes of someone who spent money/time to get mf armor, and it's their only elite vanity.

theres no way in hell I would of grinded my bird and bear to 66 if I knew all I would get is some red armor. I just wish sts would be more transparent, but they knew what they were doing. This definitely wasn't the reason I quit pl, but was kinda what pushed me over the edge.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
This patch didn't add stats to it. I was a little too hopeful.

Paar
06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Im not a Elite Vanity Chaser, but if I were I would say Yes, because alot of my friends decided to go for the 66 Armor and I think they are going to also try for the new helmet and If it were me I would want a bonus.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm curious. Can anyone bring up something that says it will be a whole new set?

WarTornBird
06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity

Brave Sir Robin
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Guys,

I like the game a lot. It's awesome. I am also a paying customer.

Up to now, any combination of elite vanities gave set bonus. That was against normal set bonus policy where you needed all set items for a set bonus.

I simply don't understand why the new vanity does not match with the previous ones. Where and when was it stated that the vanity set was complete after Fang, that 71+ vanities would be part of a new set and therefore would not give any bonus when combined with the old ones.

I also agree with Buddyf97's interpretation here:

"The plan with the elite level cap vanities is to replace them in order, so after Humania expect to see a new vanity shield that will replace the Nuri's shield, etc."

It is clearly stated that the helm will replace the CoP, not start a new set. If the helm replaces an item within a set, it is a part of the set. If it is part of the set, it obviously gives set bonus.

Staying on the constructive and positive side (as I said, I love the game), I would like to propose ways of keeping everyone happy:

1. One of them was stated by Apollo here (temporary set bonus).

2. Another was given by Apollo again on a previous thread (i.e. crafted helm vanity for veterans, a good idea).

3. Another would be to return to the customers who spent a fair amount of platinum on elixirs during this cap a fair amount of platinum in exchange for the Fang armor.

4. Another would be to award these players a free dragon pet. The logic behind it is that the pet costs about the same amount of plat as the cap and it also gives the opportunity of a vanity set bonus. Therefore, people won't have to wait for another 6-7 months to get a vanity bonus (and face vanity bonus players on PvP on equal terms).

As I said, I enjoy the game a lot. It relaxes me after long working hours. Since I like the game so much, I find it reasonable to support it so I believe that the money with which I purchased platinum was well spent. However, I can't help feeling a bit disappointed every time I play now.
I assume that all customers who are in the same situation feel the same way too.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity

Ran out of rep :/

Daueden
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
"Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along
with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
-Posted by samhayne

So why doesn't the volcano helm work with mount fang armor and nuri sheild

WarTornBird
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Ran out of rep :/

I take it you understand where im coming from bud :p

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm curious. Can anyone bring up something that says it will be a whole new set?

Imma rebel! Quoting myself! Anyone? Anyone?

Bunnyshoota
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes!

I wasted all my plat grinding to 66, because I thought the mFa would create a set with future vanities. So basically I have a useless elite vanity item.

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes!

I wasted all my plat grinding to 66, because I thought the mFa would create a set with future vanities. So basically I have a useless elite vanity item.

Wow, I didn't know so many of you were mislead. Wasn't it reiterated time after time that the armor was the last piece of the set? And when Sam posted that the next item was going to be a helmet, didn't it ever cross your mind that, "Oh yeah, the first piece of this set was the CoP, so that means that the next helmet must start a whole new​ set." Idk, common sense to me.

Kixxler
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I think it should. As the game progresses, it would be really unfair to new players because the veterans would have all the extra stuff the new guys would never have a chance to get. They already have the Founder's, so Spacetime should give newcomers a chance.

Buffedbear Pl
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Didn't read rest of convo...blablabla yes, blablabla no.

Well when I grinded for CoP I didn't expect it to have an elite vanity bonus with the next, of course, the CoP had stats as a helm, so maybe they could just give the MFA like 5 armor and 3 crit if wearing it without CoP and SoH?

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, I didn't know so many of you were mislead. Wasn't it reiterated time after time that the armor was the last piece of the set? And when Sam posted that the next item was going to be a helmet, didn't it ever cross your mind that, "Oh yeah, the first piece of this set was the CoP, so that means that the next helmet must start a whole new​ set." Idk, common sense to me.
Not a quote or anything to support that? I'm sorry, but I don't remember anything like that.

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Not a quote or anything to support that? I'm sorry, but I don't remember anything like that.

What do you mean...if Sam announced a new helmet as the next piece, how can there be more to the old set? That means that the armor was the last piece.

Drizzid
06-22-2012, 01:13 AM
It was never made clear exactly how the sets would work, and there was a lot of discussion on whether or not the 71 vanity helm would replace the cop in the set. I don't recall a clear position from STS on what exactly would be happening.

During the build up to Humania there was a fair amount of advertisement and emphasis put towards players getting the elite vanity. There were elixer sales and even a platinum sale in the months prior to the release. Now I'd be willing to bet that the PL player base increased substantially between nuri and fang, and even more so between fang and humania with the (8 month?) endless wait.

For every player who began playing during mt fang there was absoloutley no reason to believe that once they grinded their way to 66, after countless elixers thrown out the door, all that work would be for absoloutley nothing. Even for the players who have been playing since the Nuri campaign, it was never made clear that unless you started playing 6 months earlier you'll never get a full set. Even now the level 71 vanity is useless to everyone until the next campaign comes out; and who knows when that's going to be?

So essentially mt fang armor on its own is a 300+ platinum piece of vanity armor with no stats, even when combined with another 300+ platinum vanity helmet both are nothing but eye candy, and I use that term lightly.

I can't think of a universally friendly way to fix this issue, but until something is done I wont bother going for 71, which is a shame because I now have a whole lot of useless platinum.

Walkhardd
06-22-2012, 02:15 AM
What do you mean...if Sam announced a new helmet as the next piece, how can there be more to the old set? That means that the armor was the last piece.

if you knew, you should of made a thread telling everyone.

vampinoy
06-22-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't really analyze a game this far...I just play...I'll let STS think about these things and just accept it, they're the game developers after all...as long as there's no significant glitches or imbalances, I'm just a gamer after all...I play games not make them. If I don't like the game, I get out and look for another.

Walkhardd
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
For those with ONLY 66 vanity, check out my compensation thread.

Brave Sir Robin
06-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't really analyze a game this far...I just play...I'll let STS think about these things and just accept it, they're the game developers after all...as long as there's no significant glitches or imbalances, I'm just a gamer after all...I play games not make them. If I don't like the game, I get out and look for another.

Thank you for your input, friend.

I would like to point out that if you buy a car and it does not work, you claim your money back. You don't just accept that you bought a broken car.
Similarly, if you buy a crafting recipe that doesn't work, you will ask for your platinum back or request a fix. You don’t quit the game just because of that, right?

In our case, some people paid a fair amount of platinum (sometimes > 700) to reach cap so that their toon would get a bonus. So they paid for a service (at least this is what most of us argue here, that the bonus was, in our opinion, promised to us) that in the end they did not receive. They therefore have the right to claim a refund or a compensation of some sort.

In my opinion again, the company should have warned the customers about the vanity bonus situation and protect them from spending their platinum. I guess they were busy bringing out Humania and forgot about it, but now many customers are disappointed.

I posted some ideas previously in this thread but I would like to see other suggestions as well. Another idea would be to give to all those people the 71 vanity after the release of the new campaign (lvl 76) even if they didn't reach lvl. 71 during the Humania cap period. Or, if they capped one toon, all their toons receive the vanity helm.

gibol1412
06-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I think there will be no change with this vanity "problem" and this topic is waste of time. Well, my second character with only Mount Fang armor will be a little waste of time and platinum. Good luck everyone:smile: And don't worry be happy:wink:

vampinoy
06-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Thank you for your input, friend.

I would like to point out that if you buy a car and it does not work, you claim your money back. You don't just accept that you bought a broken car.
Similarly, if you buy a crafting recipe that doesn't work, you will ask for your platinum back or request a fix. You don’t quit the game just because of that, right?

In our case, some people paid a fair amount of platinum (sometimes > 700) to reach cap so that their toon would get a bonus. So they paid for a service (at least this is what most of us argue here, that the bonus was, in our opinion, promised to us) that in the end they did not receive. They therefore have the right to claim a refund or a compensation of some sort.

In my opinion again, the company should have warned the customers about the vanity bonus situation and protect them from spending their platinum. I guess they were busy bringing out Humania and forgot about it, but now many customers are disappointed.

I posted some ideas previously in this thread but I would like to see other suggestions as well. Another idea would be to give to all those people the 71 vanity after the release of the new campaign (lvl 76) even if they didn't reach lvl. 71 during the Humania cap period. Or, if they capped one toon, all their toons receive the vanity helm.

Nobody forced anyone into buying anything in this game...let's qualify that at least. The payments you are referring to are voluntary purchases made by players who wish to enhance their experience even further. So let's say in your example of a car purchase, the car itself is free as how PL is, but you have the option to buy accessories or modifiers to enhance your ride as how elixirs and other stuff is in PL. Nobody said that you should spend 700 platinum to cap? As far as I know, one can still reach the cap without elixir. How can you ask for a refund when the game itself is free? You, in fact, should be thanking STS for providing a decent game for free (you have to admit the game itself is decent at the very least), and they're finding their own means of earning money within the game, that's a lot of work I know because I worked in a game development company a couple of years back, they could easily charge the game for one month and sit back and relax once their financial quota has been reached, but no, STS has to work every day to provide for content so people will buy them not force them. I salute F2P developers more than P2P.

I respect your opinion, but I don't see why STS should be obliged to divulge this information to anyone. Have you ever seen a game pre-launch being spoiled by their own creators? Have you attended a gaming convention like E3? I did...and I guarantee you ALL pertinent details within the game are never divulged until an actual demo has been released...even then, it's still just a demo and many things (some even important) are not divulged. So by virtue of common practice, STS is still within the bounds of gaming ethics. So please don't speak as if STS has breached some sort of gaming agreement or something.

Like I said, I don't really go too deep in my games, I just play them and give my reviews to friends. I don't try to "make" the game, especially, if it's non-subscription. I know this will sound a cliche but it's still "just a game", you play the game...then there are those who make the game...you give your reviews...based on your review, it's up to the developers to listen but you're not supposed to cross the line by telling them developers what to do...anyway, I've wasted enough time replying to this, I'll just go log back in and farm Humania.

Lowlyspy
06-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Ahh, remember the good old days when vanities were what the definition of the word said they were? I sure do, miss them too. Good times.

Buddyf97
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Can somebody tell me where it says it would make a whole new set?

TANKKAAR
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Can somebody tell me where it says it would make a whole new set?

The first person to say this was Moth... And we all know how about rumors spread in pocket legends but I have found nothing to support this. I'm really hoping they just need to figure out what the bonus will be and that were all worrying for nothing

Aniey
06-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Of course yes, they should give bonus. I only have the fang armor. If STS doesnt gives bonus, there are no point for lvl uping for the users that only have 66 armor.

Chopper
06-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree that the developers never promised that the new vanity helm would work with the old pieces, but it certainly was pushed to make it appear that way, with all the encouragement, sales, announcements, etc. to get people to buy platinum to grab the Fang Armour before it was too late.

ALSO, in addition, the Devs clearly were monitoring the threads on this board when people were complaining about a new helm making the COP useless, etc. They knew that players were under the clear impression/assumption that the new piece would work with the old pieces, and they did nothing about it, nor did they chime in to clarify, as people were paying money to grab the Fang armour in time.

I think the did a great job fixing all the bugs in the update, but this one aspect does remain fishy. If they did this kind of thing in other fields, like securities/share offerings, they would be enticing lawsuits over misrepresentations.

vampinoy
06-23-2012, 10:30 PM
In response to the claim that there was never anything mentioned about a "new set" or that there was "no clear position taken by STS": I found this post by Samhayne that basically infers that a new set is upon us, and poetically describes how and why these things will happen:

Mothwing was not the first one to say but no less than Samhayne himself. If you read the paragraph carefully, you would deduce that the Crown of Persistence was inferred to as "old" when Samhayne used the phrase "cities rise and fall", he also said the same thing will happen to Nuri's Shield and Mt. Fang Armor...and inferred to as the new vanity helm (being the green helmet) as the new vanity. If you like poetry, like I do, you will know that when you use that popular catchphrase "cities rise and fall" it also connotes that whatever substance is bound within the "old city" is lost forever...within the memories of the people who witnessed it, in this case, the bonus stat of the old vanities will go down with it...that's the direct meaning of it. I don't think Samhayne used this catchphrase for no reason at all, he must have meant something without directly offending people, he was probably talking to our poetic minds and from the looks of it he overestimated us because his message apparently did not go seep in. I am sorry for the people who only have the Mt. Fang Armor, but the reality of having elite vanities is and was never primarily about the bonus (as you can analyze in this post by Samhayne, specifically when he used the term "recognize as old school...")...it's primarily about symbology and bonus secondary, if it was meant to cause power as primary reason, then it would be more prevalent like the Angel Set, but it's not. When Samhayne posted this, he was plainly referring to the "symbology of the elite cap vanity" and implies that being that it's a "symbol of old", it cannot mesh with the "symbol of new" including its culture (in this case the stat bonus). You must see this in this angle for you to move on, otherwise, you will keep on hating. STS is coming from a deeper point of view of the elite vanities (symbology), and if you argue based on something superficial (that of the bonus) then you will not be making a connection, you're coming from two totally different positions, in a debate, that's when you say the cliche "agree to disagree" because you will never come to an agreement. That's all. Hope you guys find your peace, and just play the game.

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
That is wholly inaccurate. Reaching 56 was 84k, and at that time it took much more xp just to get to 55z Factor in that we didn't have x4 elixirs back in the day, it was truly a hard (read: elite) accomplishment.

Actually they did have 4x elixirs added around sewers time I think.

55-56 was 83,840 xp.

And I have to agree everything took A LOT more xp.

vampinoy
06-23-2012, 10:38 PM
It was never made clear exactly how the sets would work, and there was a lot of discussion on whether or not the 71 vanity helm would replace the cop in the set. I don't recall a clear position from STS on what exactly would be happening.

During the build up to Humania there was a fair amount of advertisement and emphasis put towards players getting the elite vanity. There were elixer sales and even a platinum sale in the months prior to the release. Now I'd be willing to bet that the PL player base increased substantially between nuri and fang, and even more so between fang and humania with the (8 month?) endless wait.

For every player who began playing during mt fang there was absoloutley no reason to believe that once they grinded their way to 66, after countless elixers thrown out the door, all that work would be for absoloutley nothing. Even for the players who have been playing since the Nuri campaign, it was never made clear that unless you started playing 6 months earlier you'll never get a full set. Even now the level 71 vanity is useless to everyone until the next campaign comes out; and who knows when that's going to be?

So essentially mt fang armor on its own is a 300+ platinum piece of vanity armor with no stats, even when combined with another 300+ platinum vanity helmet both are nothing but eye candy, and I use that term lightly.

I can't think of a universally friendly way to fix this issue, but until something is done I wont bother going for 71, which is a shame because I now have a whole lot of useless platinum.

Please refer to my previous post, there was a clear position by no less than Samhayne...but one just needs to be more attentive and use deeper analogy to digest the full meaning of it.

EDIT: I provided a screenshot

Buddyf97
06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Oops! Copying links now...

Chopper
06-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Ha, there was nothing "clear" about that response by the devs.

Cities rise and fall? Yes, replaced by other cities. I says nothing about abandoning entire continents and starting from scratch somewhere else. They did not say, that the new helm would not work wi previous pieces, or that the fang armour that they were pushing so hard would be essentially useless with future pieces.

Wthlite
06-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah, Id also say no, its part of a new vainity set, and there shouldnt be 2 helmets to match a set.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Ha, there was nothing "clear" about that response by the devs.

Cities rise and fall? Yes, replaced by other cities. I says nothing about abandoning entire continents and starting from scratch somewhere else. They did not say, that the new helm would not work wi previous pieces, or that the fang armour that they were pushing so hard would be essentially useless with future pieces.

That's what I meant when I said the message within the context did not seep in. There was no bold statement to address this issue, and for a good reason, Samhayne knows that people will react negatively which explains the phrase "Thanks in advance for your understanding" to end his post, he spoke in poetics to cushion the blow (sometimes all it takes are the right words), he wouldn't be saying that particular phrase if he knew no friction would happen. He was hoping that "you" understand their position on the matter, which "in with new, out with the old", that would also imply that no connection between the old and the new will be present as far as the bonus as what the catchphrase "Cities rise and fall" implies, because how can a fallen city (CoP) still exist in form of bonus if it already fell? How can a mountain (CoP) continue to house trees if it's barren? or How can a sea (CoP) continue to provide marine life if it's dry? Just like a fallen city, dead mountain, and dried sea, what Samhayne is trying to say is anything functional about CoP will cease to exist in relation to the new ones (by this time, he was hinting that they will start from scratch, just to answer you), but as consolation, CoP's memory (a good one) will still remain and people in the know will talk about it, just like the fallen city was once grand, how the dead mountain was once green, and how the dead see was once deep. Please refer back to my longer post on how I interpreted Samhayne's poetic statements. STS position is clear as daylight, one would need to just take their time and analyze that particular post.

PS: The metaphors used are popularly used in many books, Samhayne chose to use them to show their position, he could have chosen what you're suggesting about continents, but it wouldn't change the core message which is the old one's time has ended...that is the message, don't look at the words literally, that's poetry. You'll be amazed how a single line in a poem can mean an entire essay my friend.

PSS: Like What I said, STS is coming from a deeper point of view, true they were pushing Mt. Fang armor but they never said anything about the "old" elite vanities having bonus when combined with the new. Their primary reason for pushing you so you could get the elite vanity as a symbol status. When they were pushing the Mt.Fang armor, they mentioned something about getting associated bonus, that's "if" you already have the Nuri's Shield or the CoP. Let me quote Samhayne: "So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!". If you'll notice, he did not infer anything about the Mt. Fang Armor having bonus stat with new elite cap vanities, he said "associated bonus" which made this statement "open-ended" and not definitive. After a couple of days, Samhayne then posted his poetic position on the matter to make the previously "open-ended statement to a more definitive" but people seem to totally be oblivious of this, it's like Samhayne never said anything, some even went as far and said it was "never" addressed. So you see, it's "miscommunication" where someone spoke and nobody listened.

Walkhardd
06-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Tl;dr

Where does sam say 66 cap won't pair with 71?

IshoootU
06-24-2012, 04:07 AM
YES YES YES! it was implied in SamHayne's post. That is what i thought and so did many others. If it wasnt "clear" then its really STS's fault for not making it clear. Why would they urge people to get the vanity as 'part of the set' when it really doesnt work with the next elite vanity? As also mentioned above, nobody said the l71 cap is part of a new set and will NOT work with MFA. I see it as intentional false advertising at best and downright robbery at worst.

But hey, PL is a great game and i will likely continue playing and capping. It just sucks they went from making great games to ugly profiteering. I hope they make it right for people who have the MFA. just sayin.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 08:15 AM
@ Walkhard - Please read my posts, if it's TL:DR that's too bad, my entire post centered around answering your question.

@ IshoootU - It was clear, please read my posts. People refuse to understand what the obvious is saying maybe they want to hear only what's favorable to them. I'm not flaming you, I'm actually neutral on the issue, I could care less whether there's a bonus or not, I'm only analyzing what's factual not hearsay. I can see a valid reason why there should not be a bonus, and it was foretold, nobody just cared to listen as what I already pointed out in my previous posts. Like Walkhard, it seems that you did not read my posts as it's TL:DR, again, that's too bad...because it contained the explanation I feel that can show you the other side of the coin.

PS: How can you accuse STS of robbing you if the game is free in the first place? All our purchases are only game enhancers...you're being too hard on STS. False Marketing maybe, but again, you cannot accuse them of not informing you of what's going to happen, I just provided a dev's post informing everyone of the upcoming new sets and its effects to the old elite vanities - you, along with many, just refused or did not bother to digest it. I'm sorry that's how I see it, it's clear as daylight, the devs had a definitive position before Humania was even released. It will just boil down to if you agree or disagree, now that, whatever your position I'd respect, but I'll be siding with STS since I'm playing their game for free.

Chopper
06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
PS: How can you accuse STS of robbing you if the game is free in the first place? All our purchases are only game enhancers...you're being too hard on STS. False Marketing maybe, but again, you cannot accuse them of not informing you of what's going to happen, I just provided a dev's post informing everyone of the upcoming new sets and its effects to the old elite vanities - you, along with many, just refused or did not bother to digest it. I'm sorry that's how I see it, it's clear as daylight, the devs had a definitive position before Humania was even released. It will just boil down to if you agree or disagree, now that, whatever your position I'd respect, but I'll be siding with STS since I'm playing their game for free.

This argument is pushed out a lot about it being a "free" game. Hate to break it to ya, but it is not. The Devs made this game to make money. period. Nothing wrong with that but that is the business model that has been established. They make it by selling platinum to it's users for in game purchases. Without it, they would not make the game. From there, they clearly pushed the Mt Fang armour recently, and they saw exactly the discussions on the board about the new vanity and how it would make the COP useless. They chose not to clarify this very obvious issue with a simple statement that the new vanity helm does not work with older pieces. It's not simply that they didn't say that it would work, but they let people go on and on about how it would work with the old sets and let people buy up platinum on that misunderstanding.

I love a lot of the new update, but this one issue still smells like a misleading cash grab. That's the impression that comes across for a lot of the long standing players.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 09:19 AM
This argument is pushed out a lot about it being a "free" game. Hate to break it to ya, but it is not. The Devs made this game to make money. period. Nothing wrong with that but that is the business model that has been established. They make it by selling platinum to it's users for in game purchases. Without it, they would not make the game. From there, they clearly pushed the Mt Fang armour recently, and they saw exactly the discussions on the board about the new vanity and how it would make the COP useless. They chose not to clarify this very obvious issue with a simple statement that the new vanity helm does not work with older pieces. It's not simply that they didn't say that it would work, but they let people go on and on about how it would work with the old sets and let people buy up platinum on that misunderstanding.

I love a lot of the new update, but this one issue still smells like a misleading cash grab. That's the impression that comes across for a lot of the long standing players.

This is getting ridiculous, nobody seems to be reading my posts. I answered most, if not all, of your statements there and I will not repeat myself. Pocket Legends is a free game what are you talking about? They need to earn money in-game, yes that's correct, but the game itself is free. You have two types of business models, Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play, are you suggesting that Pocket Legends is Pay-to-Play? I hope not. They sell platinum as premium not an essential, they rely on players' "desire for convenience" in-game, but they don't force them down our throats. There is HUGE difference between paying-to-play and paying "in-game-enchancers". If someone went out in public media and accuse STS of the same thing you just said, I guarantee that person would be sued for defamation. I repeat, PL is free-to-play game with in-game purchases, it is a business model used by all free-to-play games. Name me one free-to-play game that has no in-game purchase, smh? Anyway, All of your statements were addressed in my previous posts...ALL...either you totally ignored them, did not read them, or did not understand them. Anyway, I know I'll be enjoying the game, I'm actually trying to explain the other side of the coin, it looks to me that haters of this new development already decided not to even look at the other side. I guess, like Samhayne, I overestimated you.

Chopper
06-24-2012, 10:30 AM
This is getting ridiculous, nobody seems to be reading my posts. I answered most, if not all, of your statements there and I will not repeat myself. Pocket Legends is a free game what are you talking about? They need to earn money in-game, yes that's correct, but the game itself is free. You have two types of business models, Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play, are you suggesting that Pocket Legends is Pay-to-Play? I hope not. They sell platinum as premium not an essential, they rely on players' "desire for convenience" in-game, but they don't force them down our throats. There is HUGE difference between paying-to-play and paying "in-game-enchancers". If someone went out in public media and accuse STS of the same thing you just said, I guarantee that person would be sued for defamation. I repeat, PL is free-to-play game with in-game purchases, it is a business model used by all free-to-play games. Name me one free-to-play game that has no in-game purchase, smh? Anyway, All of your statements were addressed in my previous posts...ALL...either you totally ignored them, did not read them, or did not understand them. Anyway, I know I'll be enjoying the game, I'm actually trying to explain the other side of the coin, it looks to me that haters of this new development already decided not to even look at the other side. I guess, like Samhayne, I overestimated you.

Um, Maybe because you're the one who is not seeing the points people are making? First of all, as an actual lawyer, not just someone who throws around guarantees of lawsuits on the internet, it is not defamation. Please read my post again since you missed the point. It is a business model to make money. (as an aside, you asked what games do not have in game purchases, there are tons of java games that are actually free, but rely on in game advertising, etc. to support the dev). As to 'force down our throats', again you missed the point of misleading people by promoting something very hard when people were under the wrong impression as to what they would be getting. The problem comes in that they didn't clarify the point and now people feel cheated, obvious from the threads and replies from people.

Lastly, you say you are playing the game for free but i see your sig lists a Lvl 71 mage. Seriously, i assume you spent platinum on elixirs (meaning you are not playing the game for 'free' as you claim, or you basically have no life since the expansion came out and you got 100k experience the hard way. If so, you should go out and get some sun. he he)

Rare
06-24-2012, 10:48 AM

Looks like people haven't learned the hard lesson.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Um, Maybe because you're the one who is not seeing the points people are making? First of all, as an actual lawyer, not just someone who throws around guarantees of lawsuits on the internet, it is not defamation. Please read my post again since you missed the point. It is a business model to make money. (as an aside, you asked what games do not have in game purchases, there are tons of java games that are actually free, but rely on in game advertising, etc. to support the dev). As to 'force down our throats', again you missed the point of misleading people by promoting something very hard when people were under the wrong impression as to what they would be getting. The problem comes in that they didn't clarify the point and now people feel cheated, obvious from the threads and replies from people.

Lastly, you say you are playing the game for free but i see your sig lists a Lvl 71 mage. Seriously, i assume you spent platinum on elixirs (meaning you are not playing the game for 'free' as you claim, or you basically have no life since the expansion came out and you got 100k experience the hard way. If so, you should go out and get some sun. he he)

I don't see the point of going any further, already off the topic. Just on your last paragraph, yes, I bought Platinum and I've been playing PL a significant time, yet I understand STS and still consider the game free regardless if I bought Platinum (a lot), that's probably the difference between a casual gamer and a seasoned gamer, we know what's black from white. what's not free are the virtual goods...but those are not the game are they...those are stuff that you can opt not to buy anyway. There's a difference between a free game and playing a game and not spend a dime. The game is PL and it's free, period, you download it you don't pay a dime, that doesn't mean I did not spend anything, you can't comprehend? then we can't talk, different level of understanding. If you're truly a lawyer, then you should have the minimum cerebral capacity to understand what I'm saying. For the record, I did hit 71 using elixir (probably between 15th-20th player to hit it), and I don't have to defend my life to a keyboard warrior. I'm not taking that bait.

Drizzid
06-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Vampinoy I appreciate your opinion and, I partially agree with you, but I think you're missing the point.

The statement Sam made could be taken in a number of ways, there was no concise vision on what would be happening. One could infer that out with the old (cop) means it being replaced by the 71 vanity. This would make the cop useless, but nuris shield and fang armor would retain value and become a set with the new helm.

If Sam was hinting towards the new helmet being a completely different set then why wouldn't he clear the air earlier when there was a plethora of Cop threads? Players were concerned over losing the helmet piece of the set and were complaining much like what's happening now.

You've written paragraphs on what you think Sam means, but that means nothing to me until I get an official statement.

I feel at any time there should be 3 active vanities and the newest replaces the oldest, with the oldest getting it's own individual stats. That way if you accumulate them all no piece will ever be useless like we have now.

Pakax
06-24-2012, 01:04 PM
At this point, you guys are all pretty much saying the same thing.

1) PL is a free game
2) hardcore players can spend real life cash in game
3) comms around usability of new helm were not clair from sts
4) many people implied from what was said that new helm would provide them with full vanity set stats.
5) the above was never said officially. Sts pushed for the fang armor and gave dead cheap elixirs. The price advertised was the fang armor (not what people may have thought it would do with new vanity)
6) officially the new helm is the first piece of a new set
7) player feel cheated because quite a few of them went for fang armor thinking they would use it coupled with new helm.

Good lessons to be learned either way.

The only thing i don't want is to have to wear the new vanity to complete my COP set! Cop is just soooo much better looking!

Mothwing
06-24-2012, 01:31 PM
In response to the claim that there was never anything mentioned about a "new set" or that there was "no clear position taken by STS": I found this post by Samhayne that basically infers that a new set is upon us, and poetically describes how and why these things will happen:

Mothwing was not the first one to say but no less than Samhayne himself. If you read the paragraph carefully, you would deduce that the Crown of Persistence was inferred to as "old" when Samhayne used the phrase "cities rise and fall", he also said the same thing will happen to Nuri's Shield and Mt. Fang Armor...and inferred to as the new vanity helm (being the green helmet) as the new vanity. If you like poetry, like I do, you will know that when you use that popular catchphrase "cities rise and fall" it also connotes that whatever substance is bound within the "old city" is lost forever...within the memories of the people who witnessed it, in this case, the bonus stat of the old vanities will go down with it...that's the direct meaning of it. I don't think Samhayne used this catchphrase for no reason at all, he must have meant something without directly offending people, he was probably talking to our poetic minds and from the looks of it he overestimated us because his message apparently did not go seep in. I am sorry for the people who only have the Mt. Fang Armor, but the reality of having elite vanities is and was never primarily about the bonus (as you can analyze in this post by Samhayne, specifically when he used the term "recognize as old school...")...it's primarily about symbology and bonus secondary, if it was meant to cause power as primary reason, then it would be more prevalent like the Angel Set, but it's not. When Samhayne posted this, he was plainly referring to the "symbology of the elite cap vanity" and implies that being that it's a "symbol of old", it cannot mesh with the "symbol of new" including its culture (in this case the stat bonus). You must see this in this angle for you to move on, otherwise, you will keep on hating. STS is coming from a deeper point of view of the elite vanities (symbology), and if you argue based on something superficial (that of the bonus) then you will not be making a connection, you're coming from two totally different positions, in a debate, that's when you say the cliche "agree to disagree" because you will never come to an agreement. That's all. Hope you guys find your peace, and just play the game.

The exact quote that I found. I'm just using word clues to guess what it could have been. It seems to be, based on many of Sam's posts, that the new helmet would start a whole new set, and I thought that most of us knew that was true. Guess not...Like i said before, how can there be two helmets in one set? Also said before, it's like combining Demonic with Crafted Fang, it just doesn't work. But that's just my guess. I didn't say any of you had to agree with me, and it seems most of you don't. I myself don't even have one piece, so I don't know how it feels exactly. I would just think it would be more fair to the first-time cappers (with the Humania campaign that is) to get a fair shot at a new set, whereas the people that have capped every single time get an extra bonus with combined vanities? Doesn't fit imo. And I know this will bring up the old argument where you all say "We earned it". But did you really? You bought some in-game currency. Met up with some other plat-buyers, got into an easy run. Multiplied your xp gain by 4. And capped in what, a day? Is that really skillful? The real people that earned it would be the people that lived off daily elixirs, trash can pots, or even no pots at all. That takes skill, time, and patience.

/endrant

This post is in no way a flame, troll, or attack on the people that have capped, because I really do respect you. I don't think I could ever do it myself. I am just trying to imagine what it would (or could) be like for the whole of the community. This thread has gotten way out of hand in my opinion.

I vote no. :D

EDIT: Stuff in red, is exactly what I thought. Beautiful post my friend.

EDIT 2: And now for my counter-argument:

Of course yes, they should give bonus. I only have the fang armor. If STS doesnt gives bonus, there are no point for lvl uping for the users that only have 66 armor.

This is why STS will add a set bonus to the old vanities. Because if they didn't that means losing customers, and we wouldn't want that would we? 100% guaranteed that in the next week Sam will release an announcement saying that a universal set bonus will be added for all those "brave and daring" cappers.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Vampinoy I appreciate your opinion and, I partially agree with you, but I think you're missing the point.

The statement Sam made could be taken in a number of ways, there was no concise vision on what would be happening. One could infer that out with the old (cop) means it being replaced by the 71 vanity. This would make the cop useless, but nuris shield and fang armor would retain value and become a set with the new helm.

If Sam was hinting towards the new helmet being a completely different set then why wouldn't he clear the air earlier when there was a plethora of Cop threads? Players were concerned over losing the helmet piece of the set and were complaining much like what's happening now.

You've written paragraphs on what you think Sam means, but that means nothing to me until I get an official statement.

I feel at any time there should be 3 active vanities and the newest replaces the oldest, with the oldest getting it's own individual stats. That way if you accumulate them all no piece will ever be useless like we have now.

Thank you for at least reading my post, I respect your opinion.

vampinoy
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
At this point, you guys are all pretty much saying the same thing.

1) PL is a free game
2) hardcore players can spend real life cash in game
3) comms around usability of new helm were not clair from sts
4) many people implied from what was said that new helm would provide them with full vanity set stats.
5) the above was never said officially. Sts pushed for the fang armor and gave dead cheap elixirs. The price advertised was the fang armor (not what people may have thought it would do with new vanity)
6) officially the new helm is the first piece of a new set
7) player feel cheated because quite a few of them went for fang armor thinking they would use it coupled with new helm.

Good lessons to be learned either way.

The only thing i don't want is to have to wear the new vanity to complete my COP set! Cop is just soooo much better looking!

I actually agree on your observations. I may look like I'm all for this no-stat-bonus-thingamajig, but really I'm not...but I can't disagree too, because 1. It's a free game, because of this, I feel that the enjoyment PL has brought me (and still brings) and not require me of paying them, is too huge of a good thing for something like this to even dent. 2. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, so I know I'll get the whole new set anyway...what's not having bonus now, if I can get it later and enjoy it 'til the game dies. So, call it playing safe, but that's really how I feel. I sympathize with those people who feel cheated, those people who thought otherwise, but I can also see what STS is doing...and together with those 2 reasons, It's very hard for me to disagree with STS.

octavos
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Disclaimer I haven't read other peoples post. :) so this is what my understanding was based upon.

I say yes there should be a bonus for the fact and that it has been reiterated by sam as you collect you get a better bonus and old vanitys will get replaced by new ones. Im not a vanity cap seeker in PL but it would be fair for the people who play and cap and were hoping for a bonus.

Where is the fine print for vanity cap items, there is no text saying that there wont be bonuses, or am I missing something. In SL there isn't a set bonus because the sets arnt completely finished. But set bonus started from CoP and then shield, not 3 pieces.

So I hope as you collect you get a better bonus. I hope that the people that cap get it. Worse case is you might jave to wait for new cap and get that item to see a bonus.
:ghost:

Mothwing
06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
It's not even that big of a deal, there's hardly a difference in PVP, maybe a little bonus in PVE, but in the end, why can't we just enjoy the items and forget about the bonus?

Edwin Sim
06-24-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree. I thought I might get a set aura with my mount gang armor. But it didn't. I went through 200k exp for nothing...

Jugernugetx
06-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Nope, It is a whole different set. Vanity or not, really guys? You cant fuse any random pinks to make one crazy set. Thats not how it works. Think about it. Taking some demonic leather, tiki headwear and some other random pink weapon... will that make a set? No. Can you ask for that to change? Yes. Will it happen? No. Same goes with vanity. It just doesnt work that way.
Be happy you guys got a second chance for a new vanity set!:) next expansion you guys will be happy!

Take advantage of these new items!:)
~Jugernuget

Buddyf97
06-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Nope, It is a whole different set. Vanity or not, really guys? You cant fuse any random pinks to make one crazy set. Thats not how it works. Think about it. Taking some demonic leather, tiki headwear and some other random pink weapon... will that make a set? No. Can you ask for that to change? Yes. Will it happen? No. Same goes with vanity. It just doesnt work that way.
Be happy you guys got a second chance for a new vanity set!:) next expansion you guys will be happy!

Take advantage of these new items!:)
~Jugernuget
Where does it say it will be a whole new set? Or is this another assumption?

Walkhardd
06-24-2012, 11:37 PM
ok guys. what was the point to get the 66 armor if you didnt already have an elite cap vanity? and please dont say because it looks cool.

octavos
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
My proof...there should be a bonus...this goes to say that my belief was that bonuses should be backwards compatible. and why isnt there one now?!?!
well you be the judge. Well those that agree and disagree...here is some text to back it up.

One thing to keep in mind is that Mount Fang will increase the level cap. When that happens the current level cap vanity reward (the Shield of Hallows) will go away and a new level cap vanity will be available. There is a set bonus for collecting all of the level cap vanities. If you're interested in collecting a Shield of the Hallows, now is the time!

and here when it started...so this is how this thread was started... because of how this was understood.

A new vanity reward will be introduced for those who make it to level 66 that will have a set bonus with the previous elite level cap vanity rewards.

even in SL, but no news on SL voleria act II

Like Pocket Legends elite vanity rewards, the plan is to introduce new vanity items as a reward for reaching the elite level cap with each expansion. These vanity items will combine to have set bonuses for those who can collect them.

In conclusion: the fact of the matter, is a SET is all parts equipped, not a specific look of a vanity....this is iffy tho\/\/

if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!

Suentous PO
06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
i say yes.
Why? several people asked if it would work with the old and there was no answer.
yes i made an asumption, it was all i could do without an answer. i based my decision on the only thing i had which was precidence. there had never been an elite vanity that did not work with the others.
my bad- assumption. theirs-they wouldent clarify.
its not that big a deal, and i dig the new helm.