PDA

View Full Version : Art contest?

Machinima
08-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't want to summit a PM to a Dev about my post on the art submission thread about if my art qualifies or not so I am asking here. There's literally two pages on the submission only thread of people talking about my picture I appreciate the people that like it but the people that keep trying to get me disqualified over rule #6 need to stop seriously. When I made this picture two people helped me shade it that's it all the design and art work is all me but I don't want credit I want the credit to go to my team name so I am asking should I drop out the contest or what?

FluffNStuff
08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't want to summit a PM to a Dev about my post on the art submission thread about if my art qualifies or not so I am asking here. There's literally two pages on the submission only thread of people talking about my picture I appreciate the people that like it but the people that keep trying to get me disqualified over rule #6 need to stop seriously. When I made this picture two people helped me shade it that's it all the design and art work is all me but I don't want credit I want the credit to go to my team name so I am asking should I drop out the contest or what?

There should be nothing wrong with your submission. As long as you are account and email owner. If machima win's the contest, the prizes will go to the machima game account. I see no issue with this. It's not like a bunch of accounts got together and are going to start arguing over where the hat or Shield will go.

jonboy
08-21-2010, 08:52 PM
You can't confirm that is is all your own work, ie you don't own copyright so can't legally tranfer copyright to STS as per the submission agreement, that is why I mentioned to pm the devs, I can't understand why you would appeal to the forum community to make a decision, when whatever they say makes no difference, just clear it with the devs, "here is a hint, get confimration from the others that helped shade it that they have signed copyright to you".

EDIT: As far as I know no ones "trying" to get you disqualified, I just suggested that you should CONFIRM that your submission qualified.

Machinima
08-21-2010, 09:58 PM
You answered your questions yourself why would I ask the community? The community is the Devs and the people I care about which i care about there decision all it would take is one person that seriously thinks I shouldn't qualify and I'm out.

Kurlz
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
even if u did have a bunch of ppl helping, i say u should qualify...
and as far as being able to confir that its all ur own work, nobody can do that, the most u could do is say yea i drew it heres the pic...lol
the only way it shouldnt qualify is if the ppl that helped u were to submit their own as well...

Thelonearcher
08-22-2010, 01:18 AM
lol you play the game like any other one of us. You should have the same privlages stay in the contest

jonboy
08-22-2010, 01:27 AM
You should stay in the comp, it's just a technicality.

KingFu
08-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I don't really think anyone can answer this then the devs, everyone else is pretty much giving their point of view and their opinion. I would say there isn't a problem with you entering, you gave credit where credit is due, I think if you specified in your submission at first by saying, I had some help from 2 of my friends with the shading, but the idea, and original drawing plan is mine/my idea/work, then no one would have questioned it. I don't find a problem with you staying in it, and I don't see why anyone else would.

Nice art word and design by the way!

Machinima
08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
If I win the pocket legends shield we will all win!

Yardsalez
08-22-2010, 09:22 PM
How can we all win we will all be sad we didnt win one (: I want awsmgoat to win hehe

Kurlz
08-22-2010, 09:28 PM
i just pointed something out to someone on the submissions thread, the rules say only one entry per person, they do NOT, however, say only one person per entry...lol...i think its a pretty good point...also i really hope the devs let u stay in, because if you win it, once i get plat my warrior will be rockin that helm...im hopin for you or kavannah to win...mines not that great

P.S. im really hopin more for kavannah, because im partly cherokee as well and i would love to have a headdress on my characters, but im gunnin for you too.

KingFu
08-22-2010, 09:40 PM
i just pointed something out to someone on the submissions thread, the rules say only one entry per person, they do NOT, however, say only one person per entry...lol...i think its a pretty good point...also i really hope the devs let u stay in, because if you win it, once i get plat my warrior will be rockin that helm...im hopin for you or kavannah to win...mines not that great

P.S. im really hopin more for kavannah, because im partly cherokee as well and i would love to have a headdress on my characters, but im gunnin for you too.

The rules say that the art work must be all your design, and work. Also, I do like the drawings, but can you honestly see them implemented in the game? They are wonderful drawings and designs, but I think they look more WoW like than PL, IDK that's just my opinion. Good luck to everyone :)

FluffNStuff
08-22-2010, 09:58 PM
The Dev's decide the top three, and then put those up for vote. If they have a problem with your entry, it won't be put in the top three. So, why is there a reason to discuss it.

Machinima
08-22-2010, 11:50 PM
It's being discussed because common sence if it's not allowed I could make a new one.

Yardsalez
08-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Machinima Kavanah and Awsmgoat will be top finalists now be quiet!

Chickdigcookies
08-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Machinima Kavanah and Awsmgoat will be top finalists now be quiet!

can i kiss up too?

jonboy
08-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Machinima Kavanah and Awsmgoat will be top finalists now Go to sleep the lot of you and be quiet!

fixed it for you :)

kavanah
08-23-2010, 10:32 AM
can i kiss up too?

Sure. I need a back rub... you mind?

Machinima
08-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Awsmgoat was in my YouTube video I don't think he noticed. Time to check out his art work I know it will be great.

Kurlz
08-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Sure. I need a back rub... you mind?

i love you.
lol...no really, i love your helm design...no kissin up needed...even if yours doesnt get through, it should be put in at some point

also, mystic, i actually can see it being implemented (very well at that), because, yes it does seem a bit moe WoW than PL, it has holes in the sides,(similar to the ear armor area of mine?) that would be perfect for PL, seeing as it would be worn by animals...not tryin to seem dickish, just letting you know my view point, and yes, i know it says it must be the submitters own work in the rules, i guess i was just trying to bring some humor into an otherwise serious situation...