PDA

View Full Version : Can plat gems be less useless?

nz_tonyjin88
06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
This isnt urgent matter or anything,

But I realise including myself, not that many are making use of plat gems.

Reason is pretty simple, 3d mission gems are BETTER.

I just sold about 30 lvl 21 plat gems as I was never gonna use them.

I think most people are buying bundles for the plat weapons, not caring about the gems.

But since u are giving away the gems too, how about making them bit more useful? Lolz

Anywayz thats just me thinking..

Artemis
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
If they were just as good or better then droppable ones, no one would actually play the game.

nz_tonyjin88
06-20-2012, 11:19 PM
If they were just as good or better then droppable ones, no one would actually play the game.

Oh :/ then I dun see point of plat gems, as droppable ones are not that hard to get xD

I was just wondering why plat gems arent better when plat weapons are compared to droppable ones. Lolz

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Plat gems/weapons were better than PvE gear, but a lot of people were enraged about it seeing how unfair it was.

Floating
06-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Plat gems/weapons were better than PvE gear, but a lot of people were enraged about it seeing how unfair it was.

And they nerfed them I guess, like the starter kit, as I know. I used to use lvl 21 plat gems until lvl 21 gems came out. They outplay plat gems, except ecliptic one, by far, and I feel dissapointed for wasting so much plat to get the weapons and the gem.... But bellow 18 plat gear is the best

nz_tonyjin88
06-21-2012, 10:31 PM
I wonder why no one complains about plat weapons then xD

Carapace
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM

This is the exact reason this change was made awhile back. We want to reward players for playing the game and getting the pink gem drops because their stats are the best you can get for those slots. If all of the plat items were the best (like they were) then the need to play the 3D content becomes 0 because there are no real upgrades to farm and play for. It also makes the game 100% pay to win, which is not the intention.

In the future there will be more cool stuff to farm on top of just stated equipment loot, at which point we may or may not revisit their potency. For now, these gems are stated as designed. :vsmile:

mafiainc42
06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I wonder why no one complains about plat weapons then xD
cuz yur not wasting a million dollers on the gems its for the weapons thats why. and the masses have complained..imo seein as we throw money blindly at these packs the pack gems should be bttr but only in pve and not in pvp

nz_tonyjin88
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
This is the exact reason this change was made awhile back. We want to reward players for playing the game and getting the pink gem drops because their stats are the best you can get for those slots. If all of the plat items were the best (like they were) then the need to play the 3D content becomes 0 because there are no real upgrades to farm and play for. It also makes the game 100% pay to win, which is not the intention.

In the future there will be more cool stuff to farm on top of just stated equipment loot, at which point we may or may not revisit their potency. For now, these gems are stated as designed. :vsmile:

Maybe let the plat gems be upgradable by special ingredients which can only be obtained from 3d mission? In this way, people who actually spends money get the previlege (as it should, if not, there is no point on spending real money) and also let them farm 3d missions as well? I dunno, that's just a suggestion as I still personally think play gems are just a waste :p.

nz_tonyjin88
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
cuz yur not wasting a million dollers on the gems its for the weapons thats why. and the masses have complained..imo seein as we throw money blindly at these packs the pack gems should be bttr but only in pve and not in pvp

Mmm yea I kinda agree, I think beyond pink (maybe orange? Lolz) items that have very low chance of dropping and can be only obtained from 3d missions should be included in the game. I don't like the buying the best weapon with real money concept either. (although I have all the plat pink weapons xD)