PDA

View Full Version : tri stats

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Ok i know ive posted it in the forum " scatter bear island" but decided start a new thread in the.case its a dif subject and would like any advice constructive criticism or even other ppl who might want to try this along with me so here it goes.
..seein as angel gear is the best gear for me and maxs out any other gear sets for me ive decided to try something new from lvl 66 tp 71 im going to be putting my stats in my third option str as im voodoo bear and see how a tri stat bear will play out should= around 25 more points to put in str not alot but its a start if it fails or better.gear.comes that i need higher dex/int for i can respec right now my dex and int are even at 160/160 we already know what str covers but imagine a bear with 700+ dps(mimes already around 711 and yes i know it dosnt deduct enimes armor) along with 230+ armor along with a high dodge%= a very deadly.combination so please anyone with thoughts post just dont be to harsh lol and as ive said its an experiment not all experiments are success but how can one find out without first testing? Thank you all in advance that will read this and hopefully post hopefully someone will join me on this lil project*pulls out shades* lets rock lol:encouragement:

Whirlzap
06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Here's a tip.

Posting a HUGE wall of text with several different ideas bunched together and then an emoticon at the end shows that you are the typical newcomer to the forums and won't get you any kind of help.

Mostly because no one can even interpret what you're trying to say.

JaytB
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure what your question is, but if I understood correctly you're experimenting with adding some points in STR for your build.

if that's the case, here is what each point in STR will add to your stats...

- Each str point gives you 0.02 dmg per hit, so you need 50 points of str for 1 extra dmg
- Each str point gives you 0.03 crit, so you need 33.33 (recurring number) points of str for 1% extra crit
- Each str point gives you 0.025 dodge, you you need 40 points of str for 1% more dodge
- Each str point gives you 0.02 H/S, so you need 50 points of str for 1 H/S more
- Each str point gives you 0.05 armor, so you need 20 points of str for 1 armor more (this one is unverified)
- Str points also increase your hp reserves. Every 2 points of str increases your hp by 1, rounded down.

(courtesy of PL advanced mechanics guide)

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 12:56 PM
@ whirlz Lol sorry one idea put together confuses u there isnt a bunch dont turn this to a flame thread ppl already posted on y u go into ppls posts and get negative my.fault for not bein a professional poster im only human its simple im goin tri stat not difficult and @ jay there was no question just seein if anyone else wants to try or any ideas so thanks for ur post at least its helpful and not bein a jerk

kiitz
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I've read your post a few times and I'm still a little confused. I think more punctuation would help, but perhaps you are not a native English speaker (which I won't hold against you.)

I don't think there is anything wrong with putting a little bit of points in strength, but the real question is "How will it help?"

As you can see from Jay's post you get a little bit of defense stats with each point of strength. When you are only putting in 25ish points of strength the difference its not going to be much. Will 12 more HP really help keep you alive?

Remember, the only reason to put points in strength is to help you survive. If you are getting hit and still have lets say 100 HP before you start spamming pots, the difference between having 100 HP and 112 HP isn't going to make a difference. If you are slower than that and you die before you can spam pots, the additional 12 HP still probably won't do much for you either.

As a bear, I would either go str/dex or int/dex. Str/dex if you really find you are slow with your abilities and awareness and are dying a lot. Int/dex if you can rotate cooldowns and spam pots like champ when you need.

With the overpowered angel gear, int/dex is really easy and provides more than enough defensive stats. The int angel gear is ridiculously strong for a bear as is the dex angel gear. Both provide a ton of defensive stats as well as ton of damage in the form of dps, hit and crit.

Whirlzap
06-21-2012, 01:16 PM
@ whirlz Lol sorry one idea put together confuses u there isnt a bunch dont turn this to a flame thread ppl already posted on y u go into ppls posts and get negative my.fault for not bein a professional poster im only human its simple im goin tri stat not difficult and @ jay there was no question just seein if anyone else wants to try or any ideas so thanks for ur post at least its helpful and not bein a jerk

Calling me a jerk?
Keep on going.
Perhaps I would show some more respect if you took the time to atleast make new paragraphs or separate some ideas.
You know, anyone can do it if they gave the effort.
Don't say that you cannot do this, because every human in their right mind can type out stuff with decent punctuation and separate some sentences/include periods.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
No i just dont speak English or wrote it well but u are right 25 isnt alot of point but ill quote myself"its a start" its basically to see if it will benefit even a lil bit so thank u for ur post too im currently out of thanks oh and btw my.str is already around 20 so extra 25 makes it 45and if i read jays post right it wil increase dodge 1% again its not alot but it is a start for me i see it as better then just throwing more in dex/int because there very high and theres no better gear that make me want to increase and iam sorry that i do not have the english grammar of a college teacher
@whirlz again why are u trying.start a flame thread? Im not.goin fight with like i said IM HUMAN we make mistakes too

kiitz
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Sounds like you are set on throwing points into strength, so whatever floats your boat, go ahead and do it.

25 points of strength, 45 points of strength, its all similar. If 12 HP and a tiny bit of dodge and armor isn't gonna help, then 22 HP and a tiny bit more of dodge and armor still isn't going to help. Actually, it doesn't matter because you can make the same argument of, "A little bit more damage, crit or hit isn't going to help much either."

The only question is "DO YOU NEED IT?" Are you dying or not? If you aren't dying, don't put points in strength. If you are dying, put more points in strength.

Subscriber
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
I still don't understand.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Its not me needing it or not its i want try something diffrent if its a fail respec

kiitz
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Alright, last response. Its a fail spec if you spec into something you don't need. Imagine there were passive talents in the game and you could put talent points into more damage, mana/hp regen or HP.

You ask, hey GUIYZ, Shuld I put poiints into moar HP?! LOL

I respond, do you need more HP? Probably not, so put it into more damage.

You go, itz not iff i needz moar HPz but if I want to juss put sum pointz in dat~

I can't argue with that.

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Just forget the thread seein as noone understands the point of what im saying and just want to put me on blast

WarTornBird
06-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Whirlz, I understand how you feel. As he stated above he barely speaks English. I'm quite sure you understand what he means. If you do not understand what he means, well the blame is on me for this post. Besydes, nawt everywun passed englush as gud as you did :)
By the way Whirlzy, I love you and i meant no disrespect to you with this post. He simply had an idea and wanted to share it with us, no harm in it at all. He did what he could as best as he could. We are a very welcoming forum don't you forget it :)

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
U domt have worry bout this idiot posting anymore

WarTornBird
06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
No Cain, I'm sure they know what you mean. Everyone in this forum is a grammar Nazi and some need to realize not everyone speaks proper English as good as they might. Either way i know what you mean, It's not an idiot posting. The only problem i see with this is that you wont have enough points for the endgame armor like you should. But hey it's your idea just roll with it. Try it out, I've never met someone who's done it so go for it man.

RedRyder
06-21-2012, 04:40 PM
U domt have worry bout this idiot posting anymore

That kind of attitude is not helping your case at all either.

WarTornBird
06-21-2012, 04:42 PM
That kind of attitude is not helping your case at all either.

This is the case Cain. The forumers tend to be...a little judgmental i guess with people with bad attitudes. Someone gets angry and boom...no longer can you be helped lol

ZHEOTARE
06-22-2012, 11:10 AM
I've tried tri stats before, and didn't really like it. What was taken from my skill damage didn't justify what i gained to my base stats. As stated before, 25 points isn't going to do much for you. Save the plat you need to respec for something else.