PDA

View Full Version : How does the new feel of PvP feel to you?

XghostzX
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
As the title says above, the new system has created a new 'feel' for players. How does this affect you in PvP?

Post your thoughts below!

Back
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Just like the "luck factor" in dodge, the new UI for pvp also depends on "luck factor". Basically, it depends on who hides his skills first or more than the other ends up that.

On a serious note, new UI is not favorable for pvp at all.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Gaunab
06-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I keep hiding 2/3 or my skill map every few seconds. The messed up UI just doesn't match my motoric memory...

Staying off PvP until this gets patched out, it's unenjoyable for me atm.

plmafiaboss
06-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I keep hiding 2/3 or my skill map every few seconds. The messed up UI just doesn't match my motoric memory...

Staying off PvP until this gets patched out, it's unenjoyable for me atm.this^

Piosidon
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM
It's horrible

ThePvpTwink
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm staying out of pvp until the huge joystick/ skills and stuff are fixed. Covers half of my screen... Busy going for 71 on two characters.

saool
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Hate it. The new UI sux. Like they said before, I too am hiding my skills a lot of the time. It's hecka small, almost like they want us to use a stylus. I'm staying out aswell.

Zerious
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
ditto. And the new positioning of the joystick leaves me fumbling in both pvp AND PVE. SO inconvenient. I like the new look of the avatar screens though, but with the way things are set-up and this unexplained skill lag is driving my firends, my guid, and I crazy. PLEEEEEEEASE fix this STS, we'll all be truly grateful. :eagerness:

False
06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
ditto. And the new positioning of the joystick leaves me fumbling in both pvp AND PVE. SO inconvenient. I like the new look of the avatar screens though, but with the way things are set-up and this unexplained skill lag is driving my firends, my guid, and I crazy. PLEEEEEEEASE fix this STS, we'll all be truly grateful. :eagerness:

I second Zerious' comment. They need to fix it. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times matches go wrong with misclicking the small buttons or hiding my skills. There was nothing wrong with the gameplay before the update. We do not need the new fancy formatting.

Whirlzap
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Just killed a mage in 1 hit, and a bird in 1 hit.
Just dodged 5 bird skills in a row.
Just killed a bird without a mana shield.

Just played Player versus Luck.

TANKKAAR
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm 100% out of pvp until these matters are sorted out. I'd rather wait then be constantly frustrated that my skills are hiding every time I tap the screen... Smh ...

OvigorothO
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Atleast you guys can get in to pvp, for me just a bunch of the same games with 0 as the population...

Noodleleg
06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Beckon delay ticks me off the most...

TANKKAAR
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Atleast you guys can get in to pvp, for me just a bunch of the same games with 0 as the population...

SAME! I just browse through friend/guild list to find someone in a match then join or create my own and invite.

But hey atleast we can scroll through them all now...lol

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Ok, either I'm doing something seriously wrong, or I just lost my mojo, because I cannot get a hit on my enemy. I think I've killed one person since the new cap, and that guy wasn't that good, so that doesn't make me feel much better. I don't know if it's the new interface that I hate, or the gear is really sucky this go around. GRRR :/

XghostzX
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok, either I'm doing something seriously wrong, or I just lost my mojo, because I cannot get a hit on my enemy. I think I've killed one person since the new cap, and that guy wasn't that good, so that doesn't make me feel much better. I don't know if it's the new interface that I hate, or the gear is really sucky this go around. GRRR :/

I know in Tiny Tombs it's bugged if you use a free elix from vinnie. It's like the bug with the Mother's Day Flowers, you one-shot everybody.

thedream
06-22-2012, 02:07 AM
I hate it i so hard to even play pvp, I hate the look of the avatar screens on iPad just looks horrible.

Bunnyshoota
06-22-2012, 02:17 AM
I dont like it.

TANKKAAR
06-22-2012, 03:50 AM
I just tried again after last patch.... Wow still toggles every tap on skills... Maybe if I remapped my skills and places buffs closet to the toggle it wouldnt be AS BAD but whats wrong with hidding the toggle in menu screen or placing at the bottom to the right of emotes icon on HUD? It would fit there great ...

What I really wanna know is who thought it was that important to have such "readily available" access to your skills toggle they decided that was the perfect spot for it?

XghostzX
06-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Keep the feed back coming guys... it will help if we ever decide to show this to the devs.

Elyseon
06-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Pvp above 65 is now 70% luck...

AbsolutePally
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Another thing. Like before, the HP and Mana bars are too small. Said it last cap, saying it again. It is hard to estimate or even see when to heal, thus shield timing, heal timing (for all classes) is off.
collapsable skills should only work in Towns!!

Back
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Just killed a mage in 1 hit, and a bird in 1 hit.
Just dodged 5 bird skills in a row.
Just killed a bird without a mana shield.

Just played Player versus Luck.

More like Luck vs Luck :P

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

plmafiaboss
06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
muahaha i got used to it

Xionskull
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I love every bit.

Next time ghost.

Don't make these friendly pvp threads.

Don't say how it's affecting us.

It looks like your enjoying it.

When once a lower lvl join your pvp room.

You rush em till they have a completely Ruined kdr! -.- play fair.

Especially when you have the best gear, in this case angel gear.

Jedispartan
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
I just tried again after last patch.... Wow still toggles every tap on skills... Maybe if I remapped my skills and places buffs closet to the toggle it wouldnt be AS BAD but whats wrong with hidding the toggle in menu screen or placing at the bottom to the right of emotes icon on HUD? It would fit there great ...

What I really wanna know is who thought it was that important to have such "readily available" access to your skills toggle they decided that was the perfect spot for it?

I agree completely

XghostzX
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I love every bit.

Next time ghost.

Duh, everyone knows I rush out of boredom. There's not much to do :P

It's nothing personal, it's called PvP for a reason. Not a tea party.

Besides Xion, kind of irrelevant to the thread topic.

Dolloway
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Too much dodge.

Swords
06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
What is UI?

MightyMicah
06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
It's not luck. Ive loved it so far because I'm doing better than ever in pvp. I've only lost to a handful of people so far. Sure, the people I beat probably weren't that good, but they are the same people saying that luck is what made me win. Luck doesn't make me win 10-1.

Also, I've found it to be fairly well balanced. I lost to a Mage 5-0 and beat a bear 5-0. Then I watched that bear beat the Mage 5-0. Luck? Maybe, but I doubt it. I think pvp at this new cap is the closest to sewer ages that we'll ever get again. I like it a lot.

Sure it's still early to be making all these judgements and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong, but the numbers don't lie. So far everything seems pretty good. Unless that changes I don't think anyone can complain.

~MM

Everyone'sFavMage
06-26-2012, 12:10 PM
It's horrible just change it back to the way it used to be hate the new ui... And endgame just kicked the bucket... Sry but I prefer playing by skill like in sewers and nuri even fang was good... But this is rediculous I quit endgame...

Elegants
06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I love every bit.

Next time ghost.

Duh, everyone knows I rush out of boredom. There's not much to do :P

It's nothing personal, it's called PvP for a reason. Not a tea party.

Besides Xion, kind of irrelevant to the thread topic.
Lmao ghost ,u rush me u start talking trash ,nerd.

ImHawk
06-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I can't really judge ATM ..

Pvp isn't really pvp yet(unless you count the angel sets)....
Waiting for the crafted humania sets..

XghostzX
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Lmao ghost ,u rush me u start talking trash ,nerd.

Hmm, you should really think about the people behind the character before calling someone a nerd. -1 bro.

Besides, why would I trash talk in PvP? Nobody really cares about what you have to say in 'FFA' nor do I like typing while I play since it's 'rushing'... trash talkers only like seeing other people frustrated.

13lacklegionz
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Hmm, you should really think about the people behind the character before calling someone a nerd. -1 bro.

Besides, why trash talk in PvP? Nobody really cares about what you have to say in 'FFA'... they only like seeing other people frustrated.

That is a bannable offense. Trash talking may ruin another player's experience in PVP and of the whole game in general, as you are trying to cause negative feelings in others.

Also, you can't -1 a comment anymore.

thedream
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
What is UI?User Interface

WarTornBird
06-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I honestly feel no difference ANYMORE. Now before hand man that sucked. I gave up on endgame a bit ago. To many people endgame take this game as life and its to much for the new guys. So I stay to twinking where its for the most part, and don't quote me, fair

XghostzX
06-26-2012, 07:51 PM
That is a bannable offense. Trash talking may ruin another player's experience in PVP and of the whole game in general, as you are trying to cause negative feelings in others.

Also, you can't -1 a comment anymore.

Hmm, I meant the phrase, "Why would I trash talk?" I do not trash talk, I hate having to type during 'rushing' and it's very disrespectful at the same time. I respect others.

Also, I used the term -1 to show what happens when someone targets me by calling me a 'nerd'. Common sense bud, I'm sticking up for myself. Man, I'm always trolled somehow.

You should learn to respect others and carefully read the posts legion... it'll backfire if you don't otherwise. >.>

13lacklegionz
06-26-2012, 09:46 PM
My comment was polite and had no intention to criticize anyone. Yet, you had to find fault with it.

Now, in response to your criticism, I will criticize you. You told me to read posts more carefully. I did read yours more carefully.

Also, I used the term -1 to show what happens when someone targets me by calling me a 'nerd'. Common sense bud, I'm sticking up for myself. Man, I'm always trolled somehow.

This quote does not make "common sense" at all. What does saying "-1" do? How are you sticking up for yourself by simply saying, "-1"?

"Besides, why trash talk in PvP? Nobody really cares about what you have to say in 'FFA'... they only like seeing other people frustrated."

This comment doesn't make sense either. Your response doesn't answer the question. So, I explained how trash talking shouldn't occur. I did this in a civil manner. Yet, you seemed to be offended at my explanations even though I never insulted you in any way whatsoever.

So, in your response to my comment, you criticized me and then implicitly threatened me.

You're berating me about learning respect? Maybe you should learn it yourself first.

Maybe, you should read posts more carefully ghost... or it might backfire.

Kixxler
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
This new PvP is why people die at a young age. Horrible. Please change it back.

XghostzX
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
My comment was polite and had no intention to criticize anyone. Yet, you had to find fault with it.

Now, in response to your criticism, I will criticize you. You told me to read posts more carefully. I did read yours more carefully.

This quote does not make "common sense" at all. What does saying "-1" do? How are you sticking up for yourself by simply saying, "-1"?

"Besides, why trash talk in PvP? Nobody really cares about what you have to say in 'FFA'... they only like seeing other people frustrated."

This comment doesn't make sense either. Your response doesn't answer the question. So, I explained how trash talking shouldn't occur. I did this in a civil manner. Yet, you seemed to be offended at my explanations even though I never insulted you in any way whatsoever.

So, in your response to my comment, you criticized me and then implicitly threatened me.

You're berating me about learning respect? Maybe you should learn it yourself first.

Maybe, you should read posts more carefully ghost... or it might backfire.

Dude, re-read the comment "Nobody really cares about what you have to say." I posted already that I phrased it wrong and left things out. Sorry for not including things with the Mobile app.

Backfired >.> You can take the last word if it pleases you. :)

13lacklegionz
06-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Dude, re-read the comment "Nobody really cares about what you have to say." I posted already that I phrased it wrong and left things out. Sorry for not including things with the Mobile app.

Yay! My goal in life is complete.

Elegants
06-27-2012, 08:48 AM

Yay! My goal in life is complete.
Nice haha

rinzler
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey guys, please remember to respect others while you are posting on the forums.