Encryptions
12-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Add /ignore (Name) to the game.
/partyleave to /pl
/partyi xxx to /pg (Partyghost)
/guildhall to /gh
/house to /h
/partyinvite to /pi name
Yes I am a lazy typer, these commands are used commonly so I chose them.
My chat suggestion if you have time is say if we click "all" it will allow us to current map chat + guild party private aka command chat with /g /r /t /s. If we press guild chat instead of us having to use smart chat which is annoying, we can just press guild and talk in gc without typing /g after each msg same with party chat and private except private would only reply to the last person you spoke to.

comingsoon
12-04-2021, 01:44 AM
/gh already exists
global chat option will be cool

Avaree
12-04-2021, 05:43 AM
+1 to shorten commands
-1 to global, it’s too “busy”or IF implemented add a toggle to turn of global chat (:

Oawaoebi
12-04-2021, 05:46 AM
Shorter commands sounds nice but global chat? It will just be an auction chat. So -1 for global Chat.

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Encryptions
12-04-2021, 07:52 AM
+1 to shorten commands
-1 to global, it’s too “busy”or IF implemented add a toggle to turn of global chat (:

All chat as in the current server's chat, not the chat of the entire game I should of specified.

Inozuke
12-04-2021, 10:38 AM
the ghost party is not as such an xd command
It is practically inviting someone but not being there creates an invisible party error

Leiapad
12-04-2021, 01:50 PM
Good ideas .

Encryptions
12-07-2021, 11:16 PM
Add /ignore (Name) to the game.

asommers
12-08-2021, 01:12 PM
We already support abbreviations, I'll dig up the list. There may be a few we can shuffle around.

I'll also add /ignore.

-ALS

Encryptions
12-08-2021, 05:20 PM
We already support abbreviations, I'll dig up the list. There may be a few we can shuffle around.

I'll also add /ignore.

-ALS
Not sure why like /gh for example just shows me the command list. Ty for looking into these though.

asommers
12-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Looked into this a bit. We have commands exposed that shouldn't be (guildbattlegroundcancelaccepted) and all commands that are player facing allow shortcuts by eliminating the last letter of the commands until they conflict with another command (for example, guildbattlegroundcancelaccepted|guildbattlegroundc ancelaccepte|guildbattlegroundcancelaccept|guildba ttlegroundcancelaccep|...|guildb all map to guildbattlegroundcancelaccepted).

The reason the command list is displayed when using /gh is because /gh is not a command and it shows command help.

The whole system could probably use a revamp. What I think needs to be done is:
* remove all unnecessary commands from view (the only commands players can execute are what is displayed, so there are no security issues here, just a few unnecessary [ui] commands in the list)
* allow commands to have one specific shortcut (probably starting with what's listed in op's post) instead of a lazy form of command completion
* add new commands that make sense (/ignore)

I also like the idea of specific chat channels handling default chat without needing commands.

That being said, it's probably not a high priority and there are some components which we can do completely server-side which won't require an app update, so I'll add this to the list.

-ALS

asommers
12-13-2021, 06:46 PM
I've gone through the command list and I'm going to require all commands to be typed out fully with the following additional abbreviations:

friend|f
guildchat|g
guildhall|gh
guildinvite|gi
house|h
ignore|i
location|loc|l
partychat|p
partyinvite|pi
reply|r
spouse|s
tell|t
visit|v
who|w

All I'm going to do for now is update abbreviations. I will not be adding dedicated chat depending on the channel you have selected (although that has been put on the list).

Comments welcome.

-ALS

asommers
12-15-2021, 01:21 AM
/ignore has been implemented and should go out with the Winter event.

We're also going to analyze what commands players use the most to see if these abbreviation changes listed above are ideal.

-ALS

asommers
03-27-2022, 01:17 PM
Updated all command abbreviations. All commands must be typed in full or use the following allowed abbreviations:

all|a
duel|d
friend|f
guildchat|guildc|guild|gc|g
guilddemote|guildd|gd
guildhall|guildh|gh
guildinvite|guildi|gi
guildkick|guildk|gk
guildmotd|guildm|gm
guildpromote|guildp|gp
hostinfo|host
house|h
ignore|i
location|loc|l
officer|o
partychat|party|p
partyinvite|partyi|pi
partykick|partyk|pk
partyleave|partyl|pl
promocode|promo
reply|r
spouse|s
tell|t
trade|tr
visit|v
who|w

This will be available in the next server update.

-ALS