PDA

View Full Version : Still working on it... what else?

Justg
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey folks, a little background on why this has been such an... exciting... update.

This latest client rolled in all Dark Legends code (since all our games have a unified code base). This gave us things like achievements, and Energy (just kidding, we're ripping that out of DL too).

It also introduced a unified UI system. We used to have different UI's for Android, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. And every time we would update the game, we would have to update all four individual UIs. Now, we have a universal system that allows some differentiation between different resolutions, but makes it VASTLY easier to update. And this means faster updates.

The first implementation of this obviously had quite a few inconsistencies with the old system. We've had two big patches out to address the annoyances, today we just pushed out these:

Reduced size of overhead text font.
Fix for icicle crossbow bolt not dying.
The "switch skills" hit area now size of arrow on hud.
Fixed the giant hand wave.
Fixed a case where your target could get cleared when you have an enemy targeted and use a buff.
World map should scroll when swiping, even if starting on a campaign icon.
Attempt to fix chat bubbles by making the default font what's used for rendering chat bubble text.
Virtual joystick - now moved to bottom corner. Options - added virtual joystick size slider. added friends online notification. Options should now be easier to hit on small devices.
Fixed some (mostly pvp) zones hanging around after completion.

We know there are still a few things left to patch up (icons and font on phone are still too small, more tweaks to iPad skill layout and close button)... but what else needs to be fixed from this latest update?

As always, we so much appreciate your patience with us as we strive to make the games awesome for you.

Thanks, and cheers!

- g

thedream
06-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Can this be fixed avatars and even your own avatars looking like this http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/b734458a.jpg before it looked normal and I liked it much more can this be fixed how it used to be? http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/86b4281a.jpg Thanks.

FluffNStuff
06-21-2012, 06:29 PM
The most universal make people happy would be to make the UI as customizable as possible. Assuming this would be phased in over time, how much of it could we expect to customize ourselves?

Darkfader
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Move chatbox to left?
Least on my sgs 2 screen right bottom.corner goes over.skills and longer messages unreadable if chatbox fully open.

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Give a set bonus for the new elite vanity and the older elite vanities. And smaller skills on iPad would be great!

Lowlyspy
06-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I like the 3D look to character screens. Have you looked at someone with a staff? It looks like the staff is trying to break out of your screen and smack you in the face (that's what she said?)

One thing i have noticed with chrome (thanks a ton for fixing the spell keys, i can actually play now), much like DL, when you press space you interact with the closest npc. That feature can be useful when the cs is swamped and everyone is piled on the Artie Triplets, but when i'm running in a dungeon i tend to hit space to attack a mob and i'll end up talking to a nearby npc (for example the "Beach house for sale" signs in Humania). Is there any way we could keep this feature in townes but have it turned off in dungeons?

Justg
06-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Dunno Fluff... it is already a HUGE amount of stuff on the screen. We can probably do a migrating joystick and have toggles for other things. Anything specific you would like to see?

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh! And blind shot (bird skill) doesn't die!

Buddyf97
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
G, is there supposed to be a stat bonus with the new vanity and old vanities? This will clear up a lot if you would answer. Thanks!
*excuse my double post*

slaveleia
06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Skill buttons too small on mobile phones...playing on an iPhone

FluffNStuff
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Dunno Fluff... it is already a HUGE amount of stuff on the screen. We can probably do a migrating joystick and have toggles for other things. Anything specific you would like to see?

Was thinking more of in the options. Example would be skill button size that you had to compromise between the four UIs. Perhaps that could be user side adjusted in a UI option pane so you only have to update one UI but players could have the feel they want.

Edit: lol, post above me was not there before I chose that example :)

JaytB
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
* Make the joystick moveable up or down with a slider in options
* not sure if you meant that, but make skill buttons on iPad smaller
* smaller skills would probably fix this, but make the chat window not overlap the skill buttons
* re-instate walk while chatting. In the past it was possible to walk while chatting. If you didn't lift your finger from the joystick and called up the keyboard, you could still keep moving around. I really miss that feature.
* fix deselecting of items in inventory and CS. Sometimes, when selecting an item in your inventory, it automatically deselect it somehow. Very annoying when trying to clean your inventory.

All above is for iPad btw.

These are the fixes I could think of from the top of my head.

NotYoCookiez
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
The break armor skill on birds leaves a glow at the end of it's range!

Justg
06-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Was thinking more of in the options. Example would be skill button size that you had to compromise between the four UIs. Perhaps that could be user side adjusted in a UI option pane so you only have to update one UI but players could have the feel they want.

We are looking in to doing just that with the button sizes, so you can choose your own.

Skill buttons too small on mobile phones...playing on an iPhone

Got it, another cut coming tomorrow. Plus we'll be moving the iPad ones further to the right and moving that toggle switch up.

Good suggestions and bugs folks... KEEP 'EM COMING, WE'LL KEEP FIXING 'EM!

octavos
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Xperia buttons...cant change skills that are mapped.

DexGOD
06-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Some of the achievements might be bugged. For 'Bat Set Crazy' you're required to wear a L60 Chrioptera set, which I don't think exists. Also, many others and myself haven't been able to complete the 'Wanderer of the Wyldwoods', 'The Bully from the Bayou' and 'Fable of the Feudin' Crocs!' journey achievements even after clearing the possible maps.

xxteargodxx
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks very much for the quick update concerning the joystick! Also the option about choosing button sizes sounds great can't wait for that.

--TearGod.

Paar
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Every time Im switching Characters or something on the Main Menu page, I see a Running Man Load Screen? It would be very Helpful to remove this.

NotYoCookiez
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Some helpful stuff noticed by my guild.

Drop rates seem to be really low

Skill size on iPad runs big

There needs to be something notifying that inventory is full. Because when it's full you cant join maps and leaves the user confused

The skill arrow seems to still be bothering them

WoundedEagle
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
A few things.

-I'd like see the ability to move the joystick. The Joystick on iPad is uncomfortably placed currently. Even more so after this most recent patch. I have my right hand centered at, let's say (5,0) which would be mid right iPad. This is comfortable for tapping skills fast and pressing potions and attack. Whilst my left hand is now uncomfortable placed roughly (-5,5). Sorry if the points are confusing (Using 10x10 grid for example).

-I'd like to also see auto login go away. Every time I open the app anew, it auto logs me in. I don't like this very much.

-During logging in, the first words 'Authenticating' are not centered. I'd like to see them centered.

-During log-in, the words are grayed down and would be much sleeker if they were solid white.

-During log-in, the 'Cancel' button for aborting logging in was removed. I'd like to see that again.

-The running man is HUGE on iPad. It looks grainy and pixelated and gross.

-Can we have a option to not have DotD open every time we switch characters or log-in....

-Why does running man appear when you are on the Home Screen (Where patch notes, enter towne, etc. are) and press one of the above links and then close out of it? Say I'm on Home Screen and I press store. When I'm done in store and click to to go back to Home Screen, running man appears. It didn't used to do that before and I don't see why it needs it now.

-When the game first starts, the Blue at the top of the fancy Spacetime animation is not completed so there is a random ugly strip of black.

Here's what the strip of black looks like^^^http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/Pocket%20Legends/8d42b891.jpg
Here is what the uncentered Authenticating looks like:

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/Random/c006ff60.jpg

And here is what the Second Authenticating, but no Cancel button looks like:

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/Random/0cc73a01.jpg

In the examples above, notice the gray text.

Here's a video of CS scroll bug... I believe it was intended to be swipe, but it's still Arrow Up and Down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1j46LQDGY

(Lol pain in the butt.)

Here's a video on new Running man on Home Screen as said above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ublyFROxqQs

Here's a video on automatic log-in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJAoz6PH8A

Thanks!

Eldaloth
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Interface on iPad is still way too large despite the small decrease in font size.

And the joystick is even lower? After people complaining the other drop was bad enough? It's worse now.

The ability to use custom sizes that you've talked about would be awesome. Glad you're working on it. Being able to customize position would be even better if this will be the default. I use my iPad with a keyboard that it sits upright in, making the whole configuration similar to a laptop. Using the joystick where it is forces my hand into a very awkward position.

Nick41324
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Idk if anyone has said it, but when you use break, the arrow doesnt die. Take a look...
(Asus transformer tf300t)
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/nick41324/Screenshot_2012-06-20-07-12-40.jpg

thedream
06-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Revert the UI back to how they were before.

I understand that its easier to just port one version of the UI for every device/console but not at the expense of your paying customers having to suffer for it; please give us proportionately sized UI's, like how we had before.This^ basically sums it up.

Physiologic
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Occasional "choppy" running during dungeon raids (screen jerks around a bit)

Iphone4S, Humania map 4, on an Avian spamming skills while running

Eldaloth
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
This^ basically sums it up.

A universal but customizable UI would be the best of both worlds.

Xionskull
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
The shivering talon keeps spinning and the ice xbows freeze in mid-air.

thedream
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
The shivering talon keeps spinning and the ice xbows freeze in mid-air.This has already been fixed.

geray776
06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
YES MIGRATING JOYSTICK plz I want that it'll be so awsome

Zeus
06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
In PvP or PvE, if you're running and heal, it doesn't work, only the increased HS part of it does. This is for birds and bears, btw. It would really be appreciated if it could be fixed.

phrosts
06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
justg, this can be low priority but would help me and probally several other left handers. An option to totally flip the ui to the other side. For example joystick on the right and skills on the left. Its not that i cant adjust to it. Its just i prefer it that way. Hope you understand. Thanks for your time.

-Phrosts

Sryyoulose
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Migrating Joystick! Just like O&C (My 2nd fav mmorpg)

It's been said before I'll say it again! All these features look promising :) just a few kinks... I know how that works guys. I've been building and programming robots for competition for the past several years... In theory and what happens + people's preferences now... Geez that's gotta be hard! Thanks for working so hard guys :)

Zeus
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Also, angel weapons seem to combo every time they hit. It's mildly annoying.

geray776
06-21-2012, 08:10 PM
ALSO plz add fishing to pl it would be awsome in humania we. Can catch fish and even earn achievements, titles,vanity,gold plat all those great things even competition plz consider it

wvhills
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
I haven't read all of the posts but I ope the super huge buttons on iPad were mentioned. It's a problem in dl too.

octavos
06-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Got new client new stuff...but I can see mapping icons yay...but...,..still can't switch between skills...now if I press "R" or "L" it fires skills.

Kixxler
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I encounter a problem when scrolling down to find games to join.
Every time a PvP game is completed or when there are no players in the game, the game stays on the list although it is complete or vacant.
I find this very annoying when finding actual, active games.
Thanks.
~Kix

phrosts
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I encounter a problem when scrolling down to find games to join.
Every time a PvP game is completed or when there are no players in the game, the game stays on the list although it is complete or vacant.
I find this very annoying when finding actual, active games.
Thanks.
~Kix

Are you postive you was experiencing this after the latest update?

* Reduced size of overhead text font.
* Fix for icicle crossbow bolt not dying.
* The "switch skills" hit area now size of arrow on hud.
* Fixed the giant hand wave.
* Fixed a case where your target could get cleared when you have an enemy targeted and use a buff.
* World map should scroll when swiping, even if starting on a campaign icon.
* Attempt to fix chat bubbles by making the default font what's used for rendering chat bubble text.
* Virtual joystick - now moved to bottom corner. Options - added virtual joystick size slider. added friends online notification. Options should now be easier to hit on small devices.
* Fixed some (mostly pvp) zones hanging around after completion.

-Phrosts

saool
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Please, if anything add the skill toggle off and on option! And come on honestly my thumbs are like 9000x's bigger than the current spell UI size. I'm not even going to bother with PvP atm because of that. It's ridiculous. I'm actually regretting the fact I've bought so much platinum. Makes me want to quit. Which already I'm considering after I waste all my plat. Just change it back I would rather wait 5 months for an update than to have this UI. True story.

Edit: I'm on a android device.

Until they make a change BACK to the UI...I'm stopping my 2k plat purchase. It's by far the worst change EVER. I don't have a stylus so my thumbs are hecka fat for the skills and that stupid auto toggle is hella annoying.

Mothwing
06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I also have the auto-log-in problem. Please fix :)

Buster
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Wen it said "increase virtual joystick size" i thought it meant the actual joystick not the range... pls increase the actual joystick its too small and let the arrow that closes the skills to b slidable pls

Bunnyshoota
06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Idk if this has been said, but pvp list is still broken. So many empty games.
Also, did the joystick on ipod get raised? I liked it lower.
Finally, HAVE AN OPTION TO REMOVE THE ARROW THAT HIDES LEFT 2 COLUMNS OF SKILLS!!! Idk how many times I've went to click a skill and accidently hit the hide skill.

McBain
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Occasional "choppy" running during dungeon raids (screen jerks around a bit)

Iphone4S, Humania map 4, on an Avian spamming skills while running

Ditto on this with Android, not even during times of particularly intense action. Just seems to happen randomly. Also getting semi-frequent total freezing of the game. Assuming they're ping spikes, but when this happens, the ping meter in the corner actually disappears, so I can't 100% say that's what it is. This never happened to me before the patch, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

EDIT: This seems to have to have smoothed itself out. Hopefully it was just temporary.

iBLaCKOuTzxX
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Please, if anything add the skill toggle off and on option! And come on honestly my thumbs are like 9000x's bigger than the current spell UI size. I'm not even going to bother with PvP atm because of that.

Edit: I'm on a android device.
I KNOW!! The skill toggle thing is really annoying and in the way. Please make that able to be turned off! And skills a little bigger on iPod. Running man needs to go. Skills are hitting late! When I heal on mage, it heals 1 sec after I press it which is getting me a lot of deaths :(

phrosts
06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
This may also be low priority or not even useful to most but I find it useful. In the old client we could hit the menu key via our androids to bring up the avatar page. I really miss this!

-Phrosts

Shellkaz
06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi!!! thanks for Humaina!!! Xplicit guild has really been enjoying it! :-)
These are the problems that I've noticed. I normally use an iPad2 latest IOS, and Non Jailbroken. Had to switch to my Asus Transformer because of the issues listed below.

1) The skill buttons are still too large. They cover nearly the entire Right 1/3 of my screen

2) the joystick is too low even lower than before and it is very uncomfortable to use. Before the Humania update the joystick position was great and my iPad was well balanced in my hand. Now it is rather awkward. I kind of have a severe list. ;-)

3) When I am actually in a map the list of the other players in the map is oversized as well. And after the most recent patch this afternoon, the Elixir bottles now extend from their name to the right EG: Lyrrlynn () () () () () with the ()'s being pot bottles icons. In a full 5 player elixir run almost another 1/4 of the screen is covered by this.

I have only listed the things that greatly impact my ability to play on my preferred device. If I did not have a back up device, I can honestly say that I wouldn't be playing at all right now. I can live with, work around or patiently wait for patches to fix other things, but if I only have a narrow field of view, I'm a liability to my party.

Thanks again for the great game. I really like the bright sunny atmosphere after all the darkness of Fang. :-) Now all we need are some nice drinks with little umbrellas in them. :playful:

Kanitall
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Ctf rockwall ends itself 5-10sec

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u460/kanital/3cc4376b.jpg

Sciazaratek
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM

The chat-cursor on Android , i know its really minor , but after some time it is really getting annoying and confusing

i would be greatul someone fix that !

Rare
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Maybe already mentioned, but an option to disable the adds for sl and dl. I already have them and pop up is starting to bug me. Like that itch in the middle of your back that you can't reach.

LADYHADASSA
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
:0. After update my i pad looks and feels normal, joy stick seems to be where it was, skills normal size and names phew normal i can now see humana :) i realize there is a bunch if requests and other issues, but i for one am thankful for tonights update, this makes other glitches mentioned above much easier to deal with :) whooot thanks

thecrankybearsam
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know if this was said either, but my enchantress character keeps losing his skills, I keep gaving to increase them again & again when I log in.

thecrankybearsam
06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Having I meant, not gaving lol

Swimmingstar
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
We are looking in to doing just that with the button sizes, so you can choose your own.

Got it, another cut coming tomorrow. Plus we'll be moving the iPad ones further to the right and moving that toggle switch up.

Good suggestions and bugs folks... KEEP 'EM COMING, WE'LL KEEP FIXING 'EM!

I love the enthusiasm you guys have and how hard you're working!

For the skill toggle switch could we have the option to remove it or where to put it? Or could it be that spell book again where it wasn't next to the skills?

Jcyee
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Main thing for me r the giant skill buttons on the ipad. Thats all i got right now off the top of my head... Thx for all the hard work ur putting in, sts!

XghostzX
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure how I caught this, but whenever you scroll down your inventory, your character moves (on the avatar page) accordingly to how you scroll. If you scroll down, your avatar gradually moves to the right, and when you scroll up vice versa. I don't know, a pet peeve or something for me.

Everyone'sFavMage
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Make a size option for skill buttons plox :/

modredd
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Increase the drop rate of pinks and when are we going to see a pink helm level 66 to 70 of any kind for any class?

modredd
06-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Skeleton closet quest not working for me on android.
Even tried solo.
May I ask a direct question,Why soooooo many bugs,glitches?
You've created games in beta with less and had six months to get ready and still no weapon contest winner drops?
I think we need a double Xp weekend!

25thninja
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Problems with crazy bats, no lvl 60 set
Problems with wanderers of the wyldwoods, and fable of the feudin crocs both are unbeatable because the mobs come back
Problems with bully from the bayou, it doesnt give out the achievment
Thank if you read these, i look forward to more nifty updates :)

Artemis
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
This gave us things like achievements, and Energy (just kidding, we're ripping that out of DL too).

Im personally against removing Energy from DL.. It would be PL number 2 just with a different class.

Shellkaz
06-22-2012, 12:09 AM
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n563/shellkaz/5d29c4cf.jpg

This is what the screen looked like before humania. Compare it with what iPad users have now

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n563/shellkaz/9d15b548.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get them to rotate, but as you can see the new skills buttons are huge compared to the older set, and if u add in the newer and larger party stats, a lot of the visual field disappears.

You can also see that the joystick has been moved downward a significant amount.

Edit: I don't normally run a map with the chat window all the way open. I opened it all the way to show how much of my visual field is obscured with the new UI.
* for the devs: I am using an iPad 2, latest IOS, no jail break, wifi only, and if it matters 16g.

Pandamoni
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
* Make the joystick moveable up or down with a slider in options

* smaller skills would probably fix this, but make the chat window not overlap the skill buttons

* re-instate walk while chatting. In the past it was possible to walk while chatting. If you didn't lift your finger from the joystick and called up the keyboard, you could still keep moving around. I really miss that feature.

* fix deselecting of items in inventory and CS. Sometimes, when selecting an item in your inventory, it automatically deselect it somehow. Very annoying when trying to clean your inventory.

These are the fixes I could think of from the top of my head.

I agree w all of these..

Also, skills are too small on iPod and I don't like the skill arrow collapse arrow.

I was finding my skills weren't firing when I hit them but that seems to be fixed, yay!

When I am chatting on iPod and have the person's avatar screen up while I'm chatting w them, the text box kind of overlaps the last thing said in the message box.

Otukura
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM
When I hit the home button, then go back to the game, the text at the top dissappears. You can still type on the keyboard and hit send where it normally is, which works fine. I just can't see what I'm typing. On a N1 with TexasICS based on 4.0.4.

NECROREAPER
06-22-2012, 03:21 AM
I just don't understand what was wrong with all the original UI.

I mean, think about it, if you guys created a universal UI, only to change them to better suit each device (tablet and phone/ipod) then wouldn't it have made more sense to have just left things as they were, especially since they weren't bad at all in the first place? This is by no means a rant, nerd rage, or hate post, I'm trying to be constructive. It would have made better business sense as well to have just kept the original UI instead of putting time and money into a UI that you're trying to change into the better version of what it was before.

iPad needs:

Smaller skill buttons
Smaller chat box
Smaller notifications triangle
Smaller Ping/map info on the bottom
Smaller auto attack button
Smaller menu button at the top left

I bought an iPad so I could utilize the giant screen, but the newest UI updates have been a step backwards. At this rate, it'd make more sense to play on my iPhone than my iPad; at least the UI there is mildly bearable.

Again, this is not a hate/flame post. Best of luck to you STS, please fix these issues.

Gaunab
06-22-2012, 03:34 AM
I just don't understand what was wrong with all the original UI.

I mean, think about it, if you guys created a universal UI, only to change them to better suit each device (tablet and phone/ipod) then wouldn't it have made more sense to have just left things as they were, especially since they weren't bad at all in the first place? This is by no means a rant, nerd rage, or hate post, I'm trying to be constructive. It would have made better business sense as well to have just kept the original UI instead of putting time and money into a UI that you're trying to change into the better version of what it was before.

iPad needs:

Smaller skill buttons
Smaller chat box
Smaller notifications triangle
Smaller Ping/map info on the bottom
Smaller auto attack button
Smaller menu button at the top left

I bought an iPad so I could utilize the giant screen, but the newest UI updates have been a step backwards. At this rate, it'd make more sense to play on my iPhone than my iPad; at least the UI there is mildly bearable.

Again, this is not a hate/flame post. Best of luck to you STS, please fix these issues.

Same thing for the Iphone/Ipod devices, just that everything needs to be BIGGER.

Please put skill and auto attack button back to the original size and the exact original place!
After two years of playing on the old UI most movements are automatized, I just have to think of a combo and my fingers will do it. Now I keep missing the right skills or hiding my skill map. Gameplay is unenjoyable on these mixed up UIs.

Suntv
06-22-2012, 03:40 AM

If you do a migrating joystick, then that would releave all iPad users from unnatural hand positions and bad controls. Probably all users, because you say the UI is the same for all devices.

Of course the problem of the too big skills is still open, at least on iPads.

Bebsi
06-22-2012, 03:50 AM
all my maps are locked now, wth?!

Edit:
Ok, inventory was full, sry...

Gaunab
06-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Oh yeah, wanted to add this to the list of bugs as well:

Skill respecs do still cost 2 plat.

The current plan is to change the cost for respecs to be free for several days so people can experiment.

Bebsi
06-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Would it be possible to make the list in ur inventory bigger?
ATM I just see 4 items and need to scroll down. Better would be 6-10 items.

Ever tried to sell 200-300 items? It takes a century...
So here's my two cents...
Why not make the items u wanna sell markable?
While u farm, u get a lot of trash items, so it would save a lot of time to just scroll through the list and mark the items u wanna sell.
After that u hit the sell button and there u go. All trash items sold in one go xD

Cahaun
06-22-2012, 05:30 AM
This may also be low priority or not even useful to most but I find it useful. In the old client we could hit the menu key via our androids to bring up the avatar page. I really miss this!

-Phrosts
I keep pressing my settings button on my Android device to pop up my inventory, but lo that feature is gone. Can you please put it in? I hate going through that HUD pause menu.

Urqui
06-22-2012, 05:40 AM
When you clear the level the noise of the dance & par-tay emotes are SUPER loud. Was playing last night & finally cleared without having ipod on & it scared the hell out of me.
Also was leveling my bird & xp was either wrong or nuts...

Ixillicus
06-22-2012, 06:08 AM
The text on peoples "Inspect Page" is still jumbled together. Looks like i have 947 million arena kills.

Achievement Issues

The achievements for clearing all areas of a campaign still won't give credit for some of them. Wyldwood, McCroc, etc.

The achievement under Flair called "Bat Set Crazy" doesn't work. I notice teh description it says a "level 60 crafted chiroptera helm, armor and weapon". Well it would be level 65. So the text needs to be fixed, but I also tried equipping the bats, the bat wing and a crafted set with staff and wand and neither worked. I think this achievement is bugged.

Moogerfooger
06-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Was there any reason that the 100 pots option was removed, on top of making them more expensive? i have seen zero answers to a few times this has been asked, although maybe I missed a response.

Although a unified code may make things easier on your end, it has obviously had some detrimental to gameplay side effects and all the damage control and I assume some late Red Bull-and-HoHos nights for you guys. Is it really worth to "save time" during developing only to have to do major damage control/re-tweaking after launch? Although people resist change naturally, there is a lot more dissatisfaction with UI changes than in past updates over this 'unified' code. Sometimes, "improvement" is "unprovement", and if it ain't broke, don't fix it when your paying customers were thrilled with the current UI.

Not to mention all the games are starting to feel the same, which is not a good thing, in my book at least.

And after running some laps with no elixir, all I have to say about that content is that it is not hard at all from a stra-tegery standpoint...it all comes down to whether some mob gets a ridiculous debuff on you or not, which is too much non-player skill factor, for the most part, although running in a full party and staying tightly-packed together mitigates it somewhat. I expected more after waiting almost 8 months rather than tankandspank bosses requiring zero strategy at this point and mobs that can debuff/one-hit you. Not so creative, mechanics-wise. At least it is not in a grey castle corridor.

demoncrate
06-22-2012, 06:39 AM
I am not sure whether this has been said but here goes :
Ability to use Xperia Play up/down, left/right buttons to move. The analogue pads are not used effectively and hence the camera movement pad normally translates to zoom in/out.
When I am using the Xperia playpad and I touch the screen the actions from the playpad stop working. Please make it so that screen touches do not break the playpad action sequence.

Also, the fix for the trigger buttons please.

icemando
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
CS bugs, i hope that it will be fixed soon :)

Arsenal
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Heal does not work for avians.

Cobraguy
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
One thing I saw that I haven't seen mentioned is the heal for bear and bird isn't healing. Mage works fine though.

Arsenal
06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
^ just did lol

Justg
06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g

FluffNStuff
06-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g

Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?

Gaunab
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.

Arsenal
06-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?

What mass email?

ThePvpTwink
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
The skills are still huge on iPad taking half the screen. Also restore doesn't heal on warriors and avians.

GoodSyntax
06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Although a unified code may make things easier on your end, it has obviously had some detrimental to gameplay side effects and all the damage control and I assume some late Red Bull-and-HoHos nights for you guys. Is it really worth to "save time" during developing only to have to do major damage control/re-tweaking after launch? Although people resist change naturally, there is a lot more dissatisfaction with UI changes than in past updates over this 'unified' code. Sometimes, "improvement" is "unprovement", and if it ain't broke, don't fix it when your paying customers were thrilled with the current UI.

I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.

RedRyder
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Drop rates yo

Shree
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I agree that some of the achievements are bugged. I have completed all maps, and have battled all of the bosses on hidden maps-but it is showing as if I have never completed these maps.

Also, I am not sure what the shopping spree/trendsetter etc achievements are? I believe it is under "flair"? How do we get those achievements all it states is to complete all the trend setter achievements as a descriptor. I don't know if that is a bug per se-but clarification on how to finish the achievements would be great. Most of them do have great descriptions on how to complete them :)

So far I am really happy with all of the fixes--I am finally able to PLAY without having my droid crash out. I do like Fluff's idea of having a slide so you can adjust the joystick/skills to the size people want as they are playing. I know for me on the ipad--it was always too large for me to easily play (this was pre-update so its just my personal preference). Being able to customize what we see through options would be great--to either opt in with everything on the screen, or pick and choose what we want and at what size would be wonderful.

I am curious if we will be able to craft any items in humania? I noticed the blacksmith and prince were missing from the new town, will they be added in at a later time?

Lastly--THANK YOU SO MUCH for attending to all the bugs as quickly as you guys have--the quest helper and joystick adjustment I noticed in the most recent update is great :) And I really do like the idea of faster updates :)

Some of the achievements might be bugged. For 'Bat Set Crazy' you're required to wear a L60 Chrioptera set, which I don't think exists. Also, many others and myself haven't been able to complete the 'Wanderer of the Wyldwoods', 'The Bully from the Bayou' and 'Fable of the Feudin' Crocs!' journey achievements even after clearing the possible maps.

ImHawk
06-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Drop rates yo
Agreed:)

Elegants
06-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Plus fix the ping , i cant see it through my device bfore the update . thnks

McBain
06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
It's like Facebook. Whenever something on Facebook changes, everyone freaks out like it's the worst thing in the world, but a month later nobody cares anymore. I guarantee in a month's time, 99% of people won't be complaining about the UI anymore.

Windwaiker
06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Im pretty sure this has been said, but it seems the UI for mobile devices and the iPad are switched. On the iPad, skills and other things are pixelated and low quality, and the joystick is still in the bottom left corner, making it tiring to hold and play.
However, my iPod has screen proportions similar to the iPad before the update, and skills and text are minuscule.

FluffNStuff
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.

That is annoying, because at least it told me there was a problem. I was walking through freeze frame land without knowing what was going on because there was no red spiking ping.

JaytB
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM

I'm wondering the same thing. Some feedback about this would be nice :)

FluffNStuff
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
What mass email?

They are planning an email to send out the code to get the beach antennas and officially invite players to Humania. Essentially, we are in a soft open, which is like a an out of town preview, but in town ;)

Azranoct
06-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey Justg, did you plan something for Xperia Play?
It 's no more possible to use L and R. We want it optimized!!

Otukura
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Was there any reason that the 100 pots option was removed, on top of making them more expensive? i have seen zero answers to a few times this has been asked, although maybe I missed a response.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40244-A-Gold-Sink

:D I think it's a start.

Artemis
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.

Otukura
06-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.

Not only you, even on a stable wired connection I get spikes now. NEVER happened before.

Moogerfooger
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.

Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore :D

Elegants
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL

Artemis
06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL

Is your caps key stuck or Wtf is wrong with your typing?

Otukura
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Is your caps key stuck or Wtf is wrong with your typing?

I thought that was you before I looked at the name.

Noodleleg
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Please move up my iPad joystick ^_^ I had it on bottom left! Let us adjust to where we please =)

GoodSyntax
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore :D

So are you seriously trying to say that your code is always bug free, that every feature you design is universally loved and every software application you've written has 100% customer satisfaction.

So when you consolidated code, and the clients weren't happy, what did you do....fixed it obviously. It doesn't mean that you didn't attempt to consolidate the code in the first place...that's just good coding practice. Frankly, for being on the inside of code development, you've got a surprisingly combative stance. Remember that this release has been out for only a couple of days.

Could the QC have been better - obviously. But they are equally resource constrained. The same people who are complaining the loudest are also the ones who were complaining that it has been months since the last release. You can't have it both ways.

I never said 'newer' and 'unified' means improved...it means easier to maintain. Lay off the hyperbole, this isn't a soft drink, nor an application to operate a nuclear reactor, it is a game.

As it stands, the steady patches have already addressed some of the major issues. I don't think that the folks will be patting themselves on the back and calling this a finished job just yet. There will be more to come over the next few days.

bramer
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I have been EXTREMELY pleased with all the new updates and patches. :)

Phoenixking
06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I have been EXTREMELY pleased with all the new updates and patches. :)
If you put it that way, it sounds very positive :O

Noodleleg
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh, beckon delay too..

Elegants
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
LOL artemis obviously i was bored hehe lol zayn malik mine :P random

Artemis
06-22-2012, 05:08 PM
I thought that was you before I looked at the name.
I do not sound like that...

LOL artemis obviously i was bored hehe lol zayn malik mine :P random

Zayn Malik is forsure mine.

Bebsi
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
If u buy plat over the Internet u get an error message but the the transaction goes through, so don't don't try too often.
I have thousands of plat now cause I tried a few times xD

Justg
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay folks, another round of fixes in in, conversation continues here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61138-Latest-fixes-how-does-it-feel