PDA

View Full Version : So why do you choose mobile MMO's over pc MMO's?

between
06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm just curious...

I for one, have a foul addiction to MMO's where as I'll play day and night without eating, socializing irl, even going to work... Id stay up for days without sleeping for to get this, or do that, and just in general it was really messing with IRL.

I started playing DL because I can somewhat play at work, at the bar, at friends houses, while cooking dinner etc. and then i can sit down at my computer and just play, so Its not messing with irl as much lol.

Its also not as much of a life drainer as my previous game, Aion(korean grind-fest that i played since launch in 2009). That game required a TON of time just to keep competative xD

soooooo whats your story? :D

nz_tonyjin88
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I guess major cons about mobile mmo is bacause its mobile.. lolz also pretty simple controls.

between
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
I guess major cons about mobile mmo is bacause its mobile.. lolz also pretty simple controls.

thats the reason i stopped playing PL back in the day, it got to painful on my fingers lololol.
the only reason i started playing STS games again was because i found out about the chrome client so i dont HAVE to play on my phone.
and i chose dl because i love vampires <3

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I love playing on my tablet, and I am not that serious into gaming sooo STS games are perfect.

Slapjack456
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I dont choose mobile over pc.. i prefer pc i just dont have a working pc right now so im stuck with these mobile mmos

Popular
06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I have no pc :/

Commanderkeen
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I choose mobile over pc because I have no pc well actually I do but its older than I am and its running windows 3.0 so its pretty much useless except for playing old games like Doom, Wolfenstine, Blank Stone, and my all time favorite game Commander Keen.

TheMatrixMan
06-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Mobile over pc because I don't want my pc downloading games besides team fortress 2

between
06-21-2012, 11:29 PM
wait time out a second....

i didnt think it was possible for someone to not own a pc these days :s

i mean im broker than a homeless person.... but i still got one xD

Mitchturbo
06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Because my wife Hogs the computer...

XD Mobile all the way!

between
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Because my wife Hogs the computer...

XD Mobile all the way!

now that is a very good reason.

Floating
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Sometimes I am not able to play on a pc. Being on a mobile is more flexible. But ofc, when I go out I never have DL or any other mmo in my mind....

between
06-22-2012, 12:11 AM
tbh...

if im out on a date..........

hot chick: "what are you doing with your phone?"

me: "texting."

Floating
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
tbh...

Hahahha.. Or: I need to go to the bathroom... In the bathroom: "So you wanna do the trade or not afterall? I really need to go!"

Piosidon
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Mobile cause you can't put a computer in your pocket

Sky../
06-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't have a pc either.

When my old one died, i just never felt the need to replace it. Majority of the things i do on my pc, i can do on my iphone. (except pc games)

Ardon
06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Needed something mobile to kill time and I found SL. I do play PC and console games, so those leave mobile games in the dust. With more time now and less updates in SL, I haven't really played in months.

Riccits
06-22-2012, 01:39 AM
i can play everywhere and also in bed ;)
nowadays mmos on PC are very time consumiung and also more "complicated". u cant just turn on PC and play for 5-15min like u can easiliy do with ur mobile device.
also the hardwar of mobile devices is getting better and better. i think we can expect very good games in the future

Flowman
06-22-2012, 02:58 AM
I play DL on my Laptop...
But I prefer computer games over mobile.

Console > Computer > Mobile

nz_tonyjin88
06-22-2012, 03:59 AM
No one will ever choose mobile mmo over pc ones if they had up-to-date computers. Hopefully I get a new one this year ;0

javier995
06-22-2012, 04:11 AM
That's an easy question for me!

No computer.

Flowman
06-22-2012, 05:42 AM
tbh...

If you're out on a date and on your phone...that's gonna be the only date with that girl you're gonna have haha

Cahaun
06-22-2012, 05:54 AM
I choose mobile because my internets has unlimited data on my mobile plan :p

Cahaun
06-22-2012, 05:59 AM
wait time out a second....

i didnt think it was possible for someone to not own a pc these days :s

i mean im broker than a homeless person.... but i still got one xD
You'll be surprised by how many people still don't have one or replaced old ones. My Windows 98 broke along with my other older models. Now I only have a Windows XP, but after this one breaks, I'm done with PC's for a long while.

Edit: My very very old and bulky laptop got fried up (The only thing I did on that was Hearts :p) and my last laptop's screen went super dark but I had no clue how to fix it so I have no laptops either. Saying all this, how in the world did I get so many PC's and break them all?

between
06-22-2012, 09:28 AM
If you're out on a date and on your phone...that's gonna be the only date with that girl you're gonna have haha

not if you're smooth,

-continuation-

hot chick: "who could you be texting while you're on a date with me >____>"

me: "oh im just telling my best friend in the world how you're the most beautiful girl i've ever met"

and then put down the phone before u get in trouble -.-

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2012, 11:00 AM
My reason is simple, my laptop died a horrible death & I can't afford a new one.

The end. V.V

LoL @ Between's posts regarding the date. XD

between
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Idk its just confusing to me how people have a hard time getting a computer :/ but I mean like when my PC broke down and I was litterallyliving paycheck to paycheck, I saved up and got a PC off Craig's list for 50 bucks, then threw in my old gpu and cpu from my old monster and BANG new computer^^
Not top of the line but still smooth enough for producing edm and playing mmos!

Especially DL. I can run 3 clients and pvp without PC lag xD

mike1298
06-22-2012, 12:32 PM
No computer or high speed internet. Don't want to get sucked into computer gaming and waste my time. Mobile is perfect for me, can still play hardcore if you want and can play almost anywhere. Saves me tons of money as well.

between
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
No computer or high speed internet. Don't want to get sucked into computer gaming and waste my time Mobile is perfect for me, can still play hardcore if you want and can play almost anywhere. Saves me tons of money as well.
These are good reasons, though I wouldn't really say computer gaming is a waste of time, if it was then you probly wouldn't be playing any mmo. I think its more proper to say you don't want a game that takes so much time to play.

Its all about perspective. To people who don't play video games, the people who do are wasting their time. To the avid gamer, all that time they spend is toward some sort of goal, some goals just take more time :p

I hope my point is clear, on my phone at work is difficult to type x.x

Late
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Play anywhere

Flowman
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I spend the vast majority of my day behind a computer screen be it for actual work, producing, getting ready for a show, chatting, Social media...ing, or gaming.

If I'm not eating, sleeping, at the gym, or out somewhere, I'm behind my computer(s). Purchased a second laptop just for the sake of being more organized. But I can see why people don't have laptops or their own; I didn't have one until I went to college.

Mrsberry
06-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I have a two year old daughter who needs too be watched like a hawk.
With mobile I can be any where she is keeping an eye on her.
She still finds ways too get in trouble though lol but this is much easier for me.
Also I was never into mmo's untill sts games I like that there not free rome takes too much time too play.
Sts games just suite me.

StompArtist
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I do both... and consoles. I am out of control baby!

Buster
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
MOBILE MOBLIE MOBILE!!!!!!!!! I spend... bout 75% of the summer days in my bed playin pl other 25% i do my other have do stuff and even those i do reluctently cause of pl