PDA

View Full Version : force closing

grenadiers
06-22-2012, 01:31 AM
When I try to change a letter in a word of my sentences it force closes. I'm on an android device

rinzler
06-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Sorry to hear that! I am forwarding this!

Otukura
06-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Sam already posted about it, they know and are working on a solution.

Futumsh
06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
If anyone knows of a way to reliably repeat this crash, please post how to do it.

razerfingers
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
If anyone knows of a way to reliably repeat this crash, please post how to do it.

I was sitting in balefort pming kaytar and it force closed twice for me

Sent using spray paint

Futumsh
06-22-2012, 01:28 PM
To reiterate, I don't need anecdotal posts, only specific steps which reliably reproduce the problem.

razerfingers
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
To reiterate, I don't need anecdotal posts, only specific steps which reliably reproduce the problem.

Anecdotal? Im sorry but im young and have no idea what that word means but i tried thats all i did when it force closed nothing special to reproduce it

Sent using spray paint

Otukura
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Anecdotal? Im sorry but im young and have no idea what that word means but i tried thats all i did when it force closed nothing special to reproduce it

Sent using spray paint

Stories, instead of steps.

McBain
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
You could try copying text from the typing area to the clipboard. That was causing force closes for me every time. I would highlight some text, then upon hitting the copy key it would force close. I haven't tested it since the latest patch, and would do it now, but my phone suddenly won't load PL (a whole 'nother issue...).

grenadiers
06-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Ok so here are the steps..
1: type a message with in error in it. For example: haha ueah I like the movies
2: click in between the u and the e in the word ueah
3: erase the u and replace it with the right letter y.
It should force close after this

Dark Avenger
06-25-2012, 06:43 AM
this ^^^ ever since humania came out it has been doing this so i have stopped correcting my errors.

only happens when you try replacing letter in middle of word. if you replace first or last letter of word it doesnt work, has to be in the middle. tried at multiple towns and maps. this is how i did it:

1. go to map (or town) and type "yeah eberyone is here"
2. go back and delete the "b"
3. try to type in "v"
4. game freezes and keyboard is stuck on device for alittle while

i can replicate this over and over using my droid razr

Futumsh
06-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the repro steps - will get this fixed asap.

HunterSLAYER
06-25-2012, 02:27 PM
this ^^^ ever since humania came out it has been doing this so i have stopped correcting my errors.

only happens when you try replacing letter in middle of word. if you replace first or last letter of word it doesnt work, has to be in the middle. tried at multiple towns and maps. this is how i did it:

1. go to map (or town) and type "yeah eberyone is here"
2. go back and delete the "b"
3. try to type in "v"
4. game freezes and keyboard is stuck on device for alittle while

i can replicate this over and over using my droid razr

No.4 Is still happening on my device.

However, the force close bug seem to have been fixed after reflashing a high performance "gaming Rom".
Fcs might be related to some stock rom framework problems.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2