PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Gryndeon
08-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new at this kind of game, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is. I did have to respawn a lot early on because I had no idea what the heck I was doing. I think I'm beginning to understand what all the terms are.

Quick question: it seems like I haven't completed all the quests in the first two maps, but I don't know how to get to them. I'm not getting any xp anymore from the first forest (level 18 now), and I'm not sure if it's worth it going back to complete all the quests.

Also, I'm sorely tempted to buy the game packs. Worth it?

Thanks!

Anna

Royce
08-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi, the quests are only necessary to complete if you really don't like leaving things finished. There is currently no sort of reward for finishing them all or anything. The last Balefort quest in particular can take an enormously long time to complete. By campaign packs, do you mean the item packs? They have basic items of each type, weapon, helm, armor, etc. but nothing great. Just basic gear to get you started. They can help you when you first start a campaign but you will likely find better gear before long, so I consider them sort of a luxury item, helpful but not containing anything special. Though I should say I've only seen the contents of a few of them, having not purchased every pack myself. To be honest, I found them disappointing and you may be better off buying some plat armor and/or weapon and using found helms and shields.

Gryndeon
08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi, Royce,

Thanks for the reply. I bought the Fathom Crypt and the Lost Expedition. It seems like quests for Fathom Crypt are hard to get (or find). Lost Expedition just seems to be some guys creating games.

I agree about buying gear from the store. I don't think it's really worth it. Right now I'm trying to figure out what the best combination of attributes I should go for. I have a bad habit of joining in and mixing it up in the fight (melees are fun!) and am probably getting killed more often than I would be if I just stand back as a support Mage.

Fyrce
08-24-2010, 03:38 AM
If you look at your quest window and tap the quest, it'll have a GO TO ... button. Tap that and it'll take you where you need to go. Or you can ask people. Join a game in that campaign and ask around. It doesn't take that long to find out usually. And if you haven't randomly joined games, you should. It's a great way to play a bit and meet new people.

Gryndeon
08-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi, Fyrce,

It's getting the quest that I'm having trouble with. In the first two campaigns, there are the NPCs(?) who stand around with exclamation points above their heads, that I eventually figured out are the ones who assign quests. In Fathom Crypt, there's just one NPC I found in the cemetery. A couple of times I got quests from inside the crypt, then had a heck of a time finding Marrow again to complete the quest (I accidentally clicked on accept quest without paying attention because it was in the middle of a game). I think I completed 5 quests in Fathom Crypt (and 800 tomes to go in the last quest in Balefort), and there are supposed to be more. I just started the sarcophagus, though, so maybe I'll find some there.

I have joined games randomly and got several friends from those games who invite me to join theirs. Last night, we did one of the Oasis campaigns and got our behinds kicked by Bastet. We never did quite kill her.

I need better armor.

Snakespeare
08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh!

The people with quests for you have a big yellow exclamation point over their heads. Once you accept the quest it changes to a white question mark. Once you complete a quest the white question mark turns yellow. If you then turn it in, and they get a new yellow exclamation point, they have another quest for you.

p.s. There IS a reward for completing quests. You don't have to buy gear; you get useable gear from the quests. And when you finish the last quest in Fathom, you get a hat that looks different from any other hat. When you see someone around towne with this hat, you know they did all the quests.