PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Forum-Think: It's TOO EASY to level-up? Or is it TOO HARD??!

Cinco
12-08-2021, 01:00 PM
Going through feedback on the topic of advancement (specifically to address concrete and well-spoken concerns about the new player experience in Arcane Legends), I find some significant disagreement among the forums mindshare. So, a little poll seems in order to sort out what we here on the Spacetime AL general discussion forums think about advancement to endgame.

Feel free to comment on things related to advancement.

It's appreciated :-)

Hope you enjoy our creative take on Hoarfrost. In the meantime here's a pic of my War in a fuzzy wintery, holiday getup...

Xriseee
12-08-2021, 01:07 PM
I mean, If you know how to use both of the elixirs, it would be easy but if you're a new player it will be kinda rough especially if you dont have an active guild to help you with your dailies.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Repent
12-08-2021, 01:07 PM
If you know what you are doing leveling a toon to 81 can take just a few hours that is ofc if you do it on double xp day. But regardless of that like many have stated before when you are a new player and fly through levels you seem to miss a lot of the important history and elements of the game. I would enjoy making a new character and having to grind to cap similar to the pre 41 cap.

Switchback
12-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Increase the maximum level differences of the players we can join. Increasing to at least 10 levels( Make it have a toggle so we can turn off and on) would be cool. Its nice to run into players that are actually grinding and want to advance.

When you made the changes to quest exp and map difficulty i think it was just a bit too much of a change to quest exp. I would do what you did before, but scale it back 25-50% on quest exp reduction.

Player AL
12-08-2021, 01:29 PM
I'm fine with leveling rogue and mage, but warrior below 67 lvl is too slow if trying solo. As I have told many times, warrior need increase damage from skills in pve, not only by broken procs and op ultimate (example - daily in festerfang, its too slow for warrior with legendary gears, but rogue/mage doing it easily in same legendary gears)

And in general, its not about easy/hard, its just too boring if you skipped day of x2 XP and doing same dailies every day without getting anything else

Cinco
12-08-2021, 01:30 PM
To me, 'boring' could qualify as either "too hard" or "too easy" depending on your expectations.

Aayushh007
12-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Game lvl is depending on a player experience nd how long been fhey playing, for old players who been playing game they know how to lvl up nd best ways to lvl up because they have all resources they need to lvl up fast For (500plat direct lvl to 70) other then that
Using Xp gear sets, elixrs, pet right timings to lvl up if double xp is near.
For a new player they seem have a little bit longer time to lvl up. Since they don't have much resources nd still learning about game, it would be much better if new players are being provided with xp boost like they're given (a luck loot) in starting.
Players lvling up slow makes them loose interest in game , it's natural with all players who ever plays a new game they like to lvl up and get in with the flow with other players who already high levels, also would give them opportunity to run with randoms so they can grind nd explore the game :)
However lvling up is decent u can lvl up fast using different resources nd waiting for right time to lvl up t during doube xp event

PatD
12-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Like many says, when u know what you are doing it is possible to level up very fast (a new toon or just reach level cap when expansion come) but when you are a new player i guess it can take lot more time if you don't know about stacking lix,
x2 xp day, xp awake etc (but when genuinely a new player it is probably less boring cuz all the game feel new)

and about what is boring, the perfect example is to level up a hardcore toon!!! i really wish there is no more aps with those!!!!!

Honestly, for me, leveling up hardcore toon is really killing me and my will to play... please no more!!!

ps: So because of that and because idk if there will be more Hardcore aps i can't vote, all the answer can be good depending of POV

Cinco
12-08-2021, 01:49 PM
I'm going to make decisions based on the votes I get on this.

Just sayin'

Aayushh007
12-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Like many says, when u know what you are doing it is possible to level up very fast (a new toon or just reach level cap when expansion come) but when you are a new player i guess it can take lot more time if you don't know about stacking lix,
x2 xp day, xp awake etc (but when genuinely a new player it is probably less boring cuz all the game feel new)

and about what is boring, the perfect example is to level up a hardcore toon!!! i really wish there is no more aps with those!!!!!

Honestly, for me, leveling up hardcore toon is really killing me and my will to play... please no more!!!

ps: So because of that and because idk if there will be more Hardcore aps i can't vote, all the answer can be good depending of POVIg that's why it's called *Hardcore*
Hc is always difficult to play unless u wanna spend plats on it ;)

PatD
12-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Ig that's why it's called *Hardcore*
Hc is always difficult to play unless u wanna spend plats on it ;)

not difficult but boring and meaningless for those who only level them up for aps, i highly prefer doing aps with my main toon

Player AL
12-08-2021, 01:54 PM
To me, 'boring' could qualify as either "too hard" or "too easy" depending on your expectations.

Thats why I said 'its not about easy or hard' and explained... My expectations are to get some gold while I try lvling new char, for example: It was fun almost for everyone to lvl from 41-46 just running km3/kt4 and getting xp+gold at same time and wasn't matter how long time it will take you to get max lvl. Now lvling gives only xp and nothing else. If there no any good loot in old maps, I'd prefer to make lvling easier.

easynafta
12-08-2021, 02:13 PM
Created acc less than 48h ago. I'm lv 62 but I'm old player and I know how to to play. I still didn't used any elixirs or anything.
Now it seems a bit hard to lv up. I'm stuck in Graveyard/fester maps. Without new quests.

Player AL
12-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Created acc less than 48h ago. I'm lv 62 but I'm old player and I know how to to play. I still didn't used any elixirs or anything.
Now it seems a bit hard to lv up. I'm stuck in Graveyard/fester maps. Without new quests.

Delete it and go with elixirs while xp is ok per story/side quests

Oawaoebi
12-08-2021, 02:27 PM
I think a change in hardcore leveling would be good. Now it needs 1h for lvl 71 which is a bit too fast in my eyes.

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

capeo
12-08-2021, 02:39 PM
It isn't to easy for new players. They still need to put time in to level and get gold. I still haven't leveled my alts because I don't want to put the time in and for alts it is considerably easier. People that say it's to easy are all leveling alts not coming into the game new.

Nocturnus
12-08-2021, 02:41 PM
Probably the reason why it is such a controversial topic is:
1-If you are new, you lack items, guide, help, etc, some even friends, to know what you should do, with which it is extremely difficult to do everything.
2-If you are relatively old, you know all the tricks or glitch to level in a day at maximum level.

The new ones find it difficult to get items, gold etc, and although they open lockeds, they do not get really good items of the same level (the legendary ones are usually garbage, they do not help them at all to kill mobs or bosses).
Old players finish an expansion in one day, with xp multipliers, and quest. With which everything ends up being easy.
In my opinion everything is backwards.
Progress through the maps for the new ones should be relatively easy. And as you get to the last maps it must be difficult to level and the rest.
The problem, to begin with, are the xp multipliers that work in quests. This should be removed to work only with mobs.
The xp of the quests should perhaps be increased a bit to compensate and that the quests are not useless.
And then make the maps a little easier so someone with a legendary set can get through them with reasonable difficulty.
Or offer perhaps bound equipment, which really helps to pass maps.
In short, it should be easier for those new to lower maps, as they generally have to do it alone and without gear.
I don't feel like any of the survey options pigeonhole what I'm trying to say, and I feel like you'll still get a fuzzy and wrong answer.
Besides that generally new or casual players, they do not usually have accounts in forums.
You will get responses from older players who level up 1 char in 1 day to max level, like me.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say without generating more controversy

PS: I love that Christmas outfit you're wearing.

Anehazaz
12-08-2021, 05:15 PM
I like that vanity jumper, not sure about the tights xD

flashio
12-08-2021, 06:10 PM

Just sayin'

From the point of view of a completely new player who has no access to trading permit or ads lixs, has no idea what elixers to use to speed up the leveling and frequently drifts from the main storyline making them face content too easy (which makes players don't get xp from mobs or get very little amounts of xp from quests) or too hard (which can be frustrating since they don't have a way to improve their gear to beat content besides opening locks) for their current lvl.

I would add some kind of guide about leveling to the tutorial that points out what can speed the leveling process such as xp lixs, pets, gear or awakes. Locking certain content with lvl requirements is good but I would add a requirement for story quests to be cleared as well in order to unlock the next zone (town). And advertise whenever a player tries to go to "x" locked place that s/he must complete "y" story questline as well as being a minimum lvl.

Now for a player that knows what to do, s/he can get to lvl 70+ in matter of hours (of course this player would have access to more resources that are pretty much impossible to get for new players).

So since it only says new character I'll vote too easy, tho I hope you guys take into consideration this imput, thx for the poll.

Oakmaiden
12-08-2021, 06:14 PM

Just sayin'

I voted Fine as Is, but that isn’t quite accurate. The journey needs more interest.(perhaps more quests per map or items). Previously mentioned, allow a broader range of levels to play together. Events aimed at lower maps. Stop scaling event bosses to endgame. Oh, and stop the “fast cap” mentality. The expansion might have kept interest/lasted longer than 5 days.

P.S. That fuzzy warm outfit better be available for me! (Not LB item) or rilly might jaunt over to Tejas n ruff u up!

Encryptions
12-08-2021, 06:51 PM
I voted Fine as Is, but that isn’t quite accurate. The journey needs more interest.(perhaps more quests per map or items). Previously mentioned, allow a broader range of levels to play together. Events aimed at lower maps. Stop scaling event bosses to endgame. Oh, and stop the “fast cap” mentality. The expansion might have kept interest/lasted longer than 5 days.

P.S. That fuzzy warm outfit better be available for me! (Not LB item) or rilly might jaunt over to Tejas n ruff u up!

You are correct here, I made a video on explaining the leveling system and why it is messed up currently. Level 1-60 it is fun and adventurous as you progress through the game but once you hit level 60 thats when the game becomes a chore. Repeat daily quests until 81. The game is a rollercoaster that starts at the top then goes down as you fly past levels up to 60, once at level 60 you have to climb the coaster until lv 81 and there is no going down again. The system needs to become a bridge, steady fun advancements where people can level and enjoy the game learning new stuff. Lots of stuff missing for lower levels that would make the game fun, for me I vote all 3 options. Its easy starting off sort of stable around level 30-50 and lv 60+ too hard. People get used to leveling fast then get hit with leveling slow.
@Cinco do watch this video. This is a solo perspective since its rare these days for people to find parties or people in the same map with similar levels as they are. I am posting with a realistic point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8HXy_16V1s

championboost
12-08-2021, 07:39 PM
if u have a lot of experience and gold its fine but still a little tidious
for everyone else definitely takes too long and is boring

Stephencobear
12-08-2021, 08:13 PM
It isn’t about “hard or easy” it needs to be said who for

It’s about attracting and keeping new players
Not if a billionaire vet can level a alt quick- that’s irrelevant

Stop scaling event bosses to endgame.
Do you remember the army of bots?
Waves of new low level toons would run content and stash then delete n start over
If events don’t discourage very low levels it will be exploited by macro bot armies

Oakmaiden
12-08-2021, 10:59 PM
@Stephancobear, I thought randomizing maps stopped that issue. All about endgame is like being rats in a maze, run to the end or starve. When I have time to read I look for books over 500 pages, cuz shorter stories aren’t satisfying outside of a waiting area. I’ve read TLOR in its entirety 3 times.... not the last chapter over n over :p

Undershooting
12-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Guys for real, what’s the point of grinding the same old dailies every single day, It’s not like everyday is different cuz you’re literally repeating the same actions everyday which means nothing, I would suggest to keep it lower or leave it as it is.

Stephencobear
12-09-2021, 12:17 AM
@Stephancobear, I thought randomizing maps stopped that issue.

It stopped a lot of that, but imagine:
U can grind to endgame, slog n then get a good set, then run end game

OR

Start a new low level who benefits from a free luck elix, & doesn’t need millions worth of gear

which is an exploitive chump gonna do, & what’s that do to inflation?

Boss807
12-09-2021, 12:24 AM
When can we get that vanity vest

Megatr0n
12-09-2021, 12:35 AM
too hard , i work 11hrs a day , 5 days a week . cant seem to find the time to cap . so i just play twink and do events .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobbels
12-09-2021, 02:37 AM
I mean lvl 76-81 took like 3days, and felt like easy with all possible elixirs, pets and xp bonus.

But for my lover level rogue i had for months, kinda got bored at lvl 47 and its stuck. Kinda have to do yourself 1-76, before u start finding teams for (some quests), but i feel for early gameplay it would be important people to group up and realy feel the game, not just solo everything.

How the mapping works, if you like 81 and go in, only like up to 76lvls can find you in same map. But its problem cus rly cant put 81 and low lvl in either, cause speed/damage u do, the low lvls wont realy catch up with you.

And for lower lvls, ofc what keep people in pve, is rewards and potential loot, but lvling up to like 76, you dont realy have chance doing maps that give you good loot, what makes harder to obtain decent gear.

Susanne
12-09-2021, 04:44 AM
For new players it is definitely too quick at first. Getting to level 50 in a couple of hours is confusing for them.
Getting to Kraag is fine and that's when it all goes pear shaped.
By the time they are in dead city, they qualify for Nordr and soon after, Shuyal and Tindirin. It's all down to xp given by quests.
This means that they farm no kills and worse they miss a lot of the best part of the game.
We're not voting for old players or hc players, think about new players who have never played before. Remember how it was?
Keep the advancement kits because there is nothing for them to farm. Get eggs to drop, not expensive ones, that would cause exploitation.
When they reach level 60, maybe then speed things up. By then they will have learned how to use the xp lixes etc but from level 60 onwards it is way too long and boring. Put the xp up for quests after level 60. It doesn't hurt for them to rush up to cap after this level.
Events are harsh for low levels as someone else mentioned. They get all excited about an event and then find out they can't play it.
You'll sort it Cinco. Just have a go as if you was a brand new player.
Your jumper is nice by the way...for a toon, not sure about real life. 🙂 Just being truthful.

dualray
12-09-2021, 08:56 AM
I think there can be other way to gaining xp other than grinding and daily quest.

What I can think of alternatives are getting xp by crafting, by slotting awakening gems and xp can be gained by fully awakening a gear.

I would also suggest to utilize nightmare raid map for some xp gain idea such as defeating map within certain time window can grant certain xp.
I feel like the nightmare map is now basically abandoned by majority which is a big lost

comingsoon
12-09-2021, 09:29 AM
cool winter sweater

please no bald heads for winter , have alot of caps with no hair in game

ree
12-09-2021, 12:58 PM
It's fine the way it is we have been doing this for years.

PatD
12-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Well, because i don't know if more HC aps will be add in the future i will have to vote "Too hard",
if i was sure no more HC aps would be add in the future i would vote "Just fine"

jaeden.
12-09-2021, 03:17 PM
It’s pretty fair “If you wanna put the time & effort into leveling” that’s what’s puts people off tbh

gilsooon
12-10-2021, 04:57 AM
Lets be practical leveling should be easy and swift because the heart of arcane legends is on endgame. Its easy currently but better if easier.

Aviyhamelech
12-10-2021, 11:27 AM
In my experience it is too hard to leveling especially for those who just started the game, even when you have decreased the exp amount needed for leveling those new players are still stuck and having hard time to level up. I have seen some friends that are stuck around lvl 60+ because those maps at that level are so hard. For those who think that leveling is too easy, i think it is because they already understand about the game, have a good friend or guild to help, or have good items to support them level up. but for new players they will be confused when leveling because they get stuck at a certain level. after all the main features of AL are now endgme. So i think we need to make it easier to level up so all can enjoy the game together.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Cheackezig
12-10-2021, 03:42 PM
Ever since quest exp has been added lower level areas have become useless. You can level fro level 1 to 60 in a day and only near endgame does the leveling require a bit more effort. This is because stacked exp elixers help you get sometimes over 40k exp for a single exp quest.

This also makes old dungeons useless. Once a player has passed brackenridge for example there is almost no reason (besides some side quests) to return to those areas. So yeah I think the leveling system right now is wrong and exp quests should just be removed again.

Oakmaiden
12-10-2021, 04:48 PM
So, 1-60 is easy, 60 to 81 is hard. Leave 1-60 alone or make it a bit harder/take more time. Then make the rest easier. Thin mobs, reduce stuns.... open maus floors..

Pyroflame
12-11-2021, 01:43 PM
Ever since quest exp has been added lower level areas have become useless. You can level fro level 1 to 60 in a day and only near endgame does the leveling require a bit more effort. This is because stacked exp elixers help you get sometimes over 40k exp for a single exp quest.

This also makes old dungeons useless. Once a player has passed brackenridge for example there is almost no reason (besides some side quests) to return to those areas. So yeah I think the leveling system right now is wrong and exp quests should just be removed again.

very true Cheack, if the new player gets to Kraag City, they can go straight up from 10/15 to lvl 45+, maybe 65+ if you are experienced player. The fun part of leveling up old days is when playing through maps and story lines. Now it is gone since the XP curve is lowered too much and the quest XP is huge.

firebelt & crystalkiller
12-11-2021, 02:05 PM
When I choose to play a new game I don't care if I dont level too quickly as long as I'm having fun. In al leveling is too repetitive I guess(after level 60ish maybe)..like there's nothing motivating enough to do other than mindless grinding in low level zones until you hit cap..the loot you get is almost always trash. It'll be super hard to get gold cuz no methods to make gold which are easly doable for a new player. Also the auction can be very overwhelming.

Idk if this is a proper suggestion but a set of progressive quests with gold/weapon rewards or XP can be motivating.
Like get 5k/10k/20k kills with gold/stronger than average dropped weapon as rewards.
Or maybe some other stuff that will be worth grinding in lower levers..in al you can't check wiki for guidance and forums are a mess for new players. Ingame players with experience will help but only if asked and you don't get matchmaking with high level players.
Also a tutorial to auction and how to use it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ThreadPolice
12-11-2021, 02:27 PM
Imo too easy, in the past we had 2-5k gaps til 1 lvl before the lvl cap. Example:
From lv16 to 17, 4k xp
From lv17 to 18, 4k xp
From lv18 to 19, 4k xp
From lv19 to 20, 4k xp
From lv20 to 21, 28k xp,

Maybe it is a nice way of reimplementing the old XP lvl system

Lilmozey
12-12-2021, 09:57 AM
Lvl 1-60 is a breezwee wverything after that gets hard because of gear people can get lv 60 in one day that obv wour be enough time to learn how to make gold etc etc maybe make low leveling a bit harder / complex

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiiwawa
12-13-2021, 04:15 PM
I think the most discouraging thing about leveling for a new player is if they dont have the money for plat and they watch people level up with it. I know back in the day after I had grinded for what seemed like forever to get to level 40 something that i was pretty ticked to see people way behind me all of a sudden a ton of levels past me. Also, what would really help would be if end gamers would make it a point to run with the new comers and make them feel more welcome. One thing that makes me mad though is if a low level asks for help and then stands there while i do all the work. thats not gonna happen. Anyways, I dont think leveling is to hard I just think people are generally lazy now days. I know I have became that way in alot of aspects of life. technology will do that to you. Im working on it. I say leave leveling like it is, get rid of the level up for plat feature, and lets all help the yearlings. Im through talking now. your welcome.

Nexior
12-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Delete all xp elixirs , add more quests only way to fix it if u want no big dif between new players and experience players.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Undershooting
12-14-2021, 05:37 AM
Delete all xp elixirs , add more quests only way to fix it if u want no big dif between new players and experience players.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

I 2nd that…….

PeterB
12-15-2021, 03:54 PM
For me, the process of getting to end game isn’t super challenging. That said, I’ve played this game for a bit of time…

My issue for the new players is that it’s pretty expensive to break through once you reach end game.

The only path to a viable party composition, decent gear (awakenings), is through the spending of real world money.

Some just can’t swing that…others are more fortunate.

My one hope is that your team decides to add access to gold purchasable awakenings year round, with the “special” awakening kits requiring plat. Awakening events are few and far between, and that fastest way to advance the game for all players is by making progression assessable.

I can pretty much assure you that the sink would overflow, and plat purchase would 100% increase with more access. I know for certain that I would spend more if I was able to add an extra % here and there…not simply on awaken events…

That said, you would see a more diverse leaderboard, more competition for those competing for those spots, and ultimately, more time played by a ton of players.

Just my take. Super grateful for how much progress your team has made this year. Your engaging the community alone, is leaps and bounds ahead of where you once were.

Happy holidays to all arlorians and the entire sts team, you all are amazing!!

AucResearcher
12-17-2021, 09:58 PM
For experienced player it can be easy in my opinion... You can buy good gear even if you wanna start new char you can easily be lvl max cuz you can buy good gear or someone/your friend can help to clear the map/boss (or someone that buy plat can just Lvl up to 75 by buying the Lvl up pack... And 75-81 will be easy for them... Like the people that reach to 81 in just a day during the expansion)

But for new player it will be a Lil bit hard cuz they have no idea what/how to do the quest + the map endgame (gy, fester and other) is pretty hard for the new player to break through without good gear......and also they don't usually have even enough gold to buy xp elix... I feel all this situation before when I first playing the game

I frequently saw some newbie begging in town to ask help them clearing some map for them... Not trying to look kind but sometimes I do help them but not all the time honestly cuz I have something else to do too...

This is just my opinion... Don't hate me XD

HappyDINO
12-18-2021, 04:12 AM
In hard core . It is way harder to do solo . Kindly add some equipment vender like from black ridge to equip us with hear .. for expedition camp map . Maybe include a belt and arti for hc free to play players to be able to purchase with gold

musasun
12-26-2021, 05:37 AM
Maybe the gift pack legendary items could have a bonus set that grants the user some movement speed.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Alwaysonline
12-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Way to easy, but very boring. I especially for anything under level 71. No one in these maps anymore.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Rangersss
12-30-2021, 07:35 PM
Way to easy, but very boring. I especially for anything under level 71. No one in these maps anymore.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk@Cinco Where is the x2? Xp why do you want a and a X2 on January 1? They should or should have put it today 30 to end 31 !!!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

Cryate
01-01-2022, 12:46 PM
I recently came back and I personally like how fast leveling is. I would personally add stronger gear into the leveling chests, especially past level 60 because that's where the maps get stronger and the gear from chests isn't enough. Maybe add some nice pets to it as well.

It can indeed be confusing for new players but I think it's fine as it is.

What is a little bit boring is that maps are empty almost all the time (especially past level 70) and you need to stick to daily quests everyday. Maybe adding more dailies so there's more variation could be an option.

newzealand
01-03-2022, 01:46 AM
Get a bunch of new players and see how fast they quit playing. Garetta glintstone and fester you have new players ( witch I'm guessing this post is directed at ) all asking for help and get none not to mention mobs in garetta will stun new players to death. Fester map alone with legendary crate gear does near to nothing dmg to fester mobs .and any gold they get is used on health pots playing from a new character getting 1m gold is near impossible with out events on

AucResearcher
01-03-2022, 04:23 AM
Get a bunch of new players and see how fast they quit playing. Garetta glintstone and fester you have new players ( witch I'm guessing this post is directed at ) all asking for help and get none not to mention mobs in garetta will stun new players to death. Fester map alone with legendary crate gear does near to nothing dmg to fester mobs .and any gold they get is used on health pots playing from a new character getting 1m gold is near impossible with out events on

Agreed ! Maybe its easy for someone Who got experience in the game...for New People they are having a hard time to lvl up...i saw many newbie asking help for maps especially Graveyard,Fester,Mogera they were lucky if someone help them....i myself felt this when i first started playing...i cant even do map starting from graveyard cuz of bad gear (no gold to buy good gear & also no gold to buy elix or maybe cant watch ads) but im thankful i got a helpful guildies that help me go through all the maps and quest before :>

newzealand
01-03-2022, 02:38 PM
Sheeesh I forgot all about mogera and graveyard. For current players with gear and gold to move to new characters lvling is beyond easy specially with x2 xp .I myself am a plat buyer and I plat lvl my toons and take them to 81 on a 0kdr with in3 hrs I'm 75-81. For new players this is not possible they have to wait 1month for offers to appear to even have a chance at getting somewhere in game. For all new players once your plat offers are open plat lvl a toon open all xp lixs and you won't needa do mogera. grave yard. Or fester map to hit 81 from plat lvl75.

Turabao
01-04-2022, 07:43 PM
I would say its just ok. If u play really hard and spend lot of time, you can get lv 81 in 2 weeks. But if not, maybe a month. And lv max at this game is not THAT a big deal.

Trolzerkeinstein
01-08-2022, 01:02 AM
Leveling up as a new player in AL is only easy up until you reach Glintstone and Underhul content. You need a decent gear or party to play these maps. It’s very hard to find a decent party in the higher level maps let alone the low level ones.

Plus, there is nothing to farm to improve your gear. Best you can do is jewel farm as a f2p, but you have to unlock traders permit to start selling your farmed jewels. And you unlock the permit around Day 2 (you get 10 story tokens in one of the side quest). This method is also slow and complicated for new players and most of the time don’t know about it. Most of the time they just log-in for the quests and get gold from there.

Most of the new players I see stop playing around level 60 because content gets too hard or it gets too boring because literally the only thing they do is log in for the day do the easy quests for xp and log out. Rinse and repeat til they reach max cap.

Events are also omega hard for low level players and almost is empty. Overall, trash experience for newcomers.

Susanne
01-08-2022, 03:53 AM
Leveling up as a new player in AL is only easy up until you reach Glintstone and Underhul content. You need a decent gear or party to play these maps. It’s very hard to find a decent party in the higher level maps let alone the low level ones.

Plus, there is nothing to farm to improve your gear. Best you can do is jewel farm as a f2p, but you have to unlock traders permit to start selling your farmed jewels. And you unlock the permit around Day 2 (you get 10 story tokens in one of the side quest). This method is also slow and complicated for new players and most of the time don’t know about it. Most of the time they just log-in for the quests and get gold from there.

Most of the new players I see stop playing around level 60 because content gets too hard or it gets too boring because literally the only thing they do is log in for the day do the easy quests for xp and log out. Rinse and repeat til they reach max cap.

Events are also omega hard for low level players and almost is empty. Overall, trash experience for newcomers.

I've been saying this for ages now but nobody ever listens to me.
It's ok for those who start a new character from their account to say it's easy. They know the ropes, have gold to spend on the "newbie" and share stash for pets etc.
What they don't do is start a new character from scratch, with nothing and no experience of the game and no tutorial that explains anything, especially the trade permit.
The only people who have one iota of what it's like are hardcore players who don't use plat.
Those who say it's easy are not correct.

Trolzerkeinstein
01-08-2022, 09:23 AM
Exactly. Most of the players who says it’s easy to level up as a new player are the ones who are re-starting a new account who have prior knowledge of the game mechanics and have the resources to make it easy for them to breeze through.

New player content is too dull and difficult.
There is nothing simple to farm to improve gears. I understand that there is a fine line to draw in order for content not to be too easy, but as it stands, the content for new players is way too difficult and not enjoyable that they leave in just a few weeks or less than month.

Back then, during the old days/golden age of AL, hard-work and patience, actually got you somewhere because there are a lot of stuff to farm (eggs, gears, locked chests). Nowadays, it’s how much big is your wallet is if you want to progress.

The only farmable content that gives decent gold nowadays is: gold loot farming, jewel farming, events and merching (All these methods either require a lot of gold to start and/or to reach higher levels or max level cap[which is already difficult]).

(PS: Elite Chest farming drops is atrocious. No sane mind would sit there farming the same map over and over to just farm 1-2 elite chests every hr.)

Amazonina
01-08-2022, 07:51 PM
It is very difficult for those that are lower levels and lack the gear. So, YES! I have some nice gear it takes me hours a day to level up just 60% of the level! Also, we do have lives! It is just very time consuming! There should be some better alternatives to leveling a toon. I couldn’t imagine having basic gear on the game and leveling. Please make it easier on us humble folks, yeah?

Impope
01-13-2022, 11:53 AM
I would add more info for new players about elixirs. Or even give em daily dose of them and info to stack quests.

Boba Fett
01-16-2022, 11:01 AM
very hard
indeed

InfinityWrath
01-26-2022, 04:14 PM
It took me around 2 weeks to reach lvl 81 and i started the game for the first time ( dont count the time back in 2013, was like 1month gameplay)

Not_Terrorshock
01-26-2022, 06:08 PM
Very hard and repetitive

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Csengusz
02-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Takes time but fun with friends^^

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A515F eszközömről

Straatman
02-05-2022, 10:59 AM
I started again a few months ago, still level 61 from the last time I played the game. I found the difficulty to level up very fair through the daily quests and using xp boosters when turning in the quests. Considering that most players are in end game right now, it should be either this or even quicker.

Sataaan
03-06-2022, 08:00 AM
Way to easy to lvl up that's my opinion

Squ1dosh
03-06-2022, 08:01 PM
It's easy just don't make it hard though

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Fiasaria
03-08-2022, 01:53 PM
WaY tOo EaSy, cuz new players got Speed sets powerful pets, and the gold to buy elixirs. I would give the option when creating a new character that he can chose to forfeit the chance to be on that seasonal lb for a boost in XP gain and temporary speed set until they get to 81, make it so that they can't go to event zones/ kraag krypts with those items, leveling ain't fun, only players that already have end game characters would spend plat to speed the leveling and straight up buy the lvl75 pack , so it would be more players at endgame and that would demand more items so more plat will be spent on locks maybe v:

Actually maybe add mandatory quest to lvl up in Wich quests you will introduce a mechanic of the ones that are currently being used at endgame

Enviado desde mi M2102K1G mediante Tapatalk

NetrexOne
03-10-2022, 10:57 AM
Hi new player here, I started playing in February, the thing i did to learn about the game was asking players in private to give me advice and watch some videos on Youtub, they told me about the "Do all the dailies" then use elixirs and pet. it's been like a month since i started and i'm level 75. I still leveling up with the normal gear from Auction house cause the sets are expensive for new players. In conclusion: Yes i think its easy to level up you just need to be persistent.

Fiasaria
03-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Hi new player here, I started playing in February, the thing i did to learn about the game was asking players in private to give me advice and watch some videos on Youtub, they told me about the "Do all the dailies" then use elixirs and pet. it's been like a month since i started and i'm level 75. I still leveling up with the normal gear from Auction house cause the sets are expensive for new players. In conclusion: Yes i think its easy to level up you just need to be persistent.Persistence is not fun, is a miracle you got up there already try lvl up as fast you can before the eggzavier event you can make a lot of gold in that event

Enviado desde mi M2102K1G mediante Tapatalk

TheBoon
04-03-2022, 07:16 PM
do often 2x Xp event

Zeuxs
04-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Very hard leveling up

Sharan AL
04-08-2022, 07:43 AM
It's very hard to level up especially when we have to level our 2nd character. Maybe we can have half xp bar for 2nd character only? (if that is possible)

Sent from my DN2101 using Tapatalk

Fixture
04-25-2022, 05:06 PM
Yup harder for new players

Daughter
04-28-2022, 05:22 PM
From lv1 up to 60 is easy. Work of 2 days. But to reach lv81 is hardcore

Int mind
05-07-2022, 04:54 AM
From lv1 up to 60 is easy. Work of 2 days. But to reach lv81 is hardcoreLvl 71 is work of one day if use elix

Gaurav Arora
05-08-2022, 10:53 PM
All those ppl who are saying too easy and giving advice of elixir, xp awake, etc should think carefully again. A new player (not alt character, totally new) doesn't know anything, doesn't have gold to willy nilly spend on elixirs, pets and xp awake equipment and most of all doesn't have any knowledge. So for them it is clearly frustrating to lvl up fast (fast lvl up requirement to enjoy game is in itself a turn off from game). Because very few new players, therefore no one to help in maps and do quest with which is not engaging for new players. So its a vicious cycle and any new player we see now are alt characters and then everybody assumes its too easy to lvl up.

Immortal_Blood
05-17-2022, 04:11 PM
MORE POlls please m9

marsu4u
05-26-2022, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't say its too easy or hard, it's just very tedious and boring as the quests need updating (Most maps after glintstone should be doable solo with the level up gears since there isn't enough new players). Obviously this doesn't include any of the new maps.

Fablexx
06-09-2022, 09:47 AM
Its average in my opinion. Since you only invest in good items at later levels

Nestoceanic
06-21-2022, 07:54 PM
Going through feedback on the topic of advancement (specifically to address concrete and well-spoken concerns about the new player experience in Arcane Legends), I find some significant disagreement among the forums mindshare. So, a little poll seems in order to sort out what we here on the Spacetime AL general discussion forums think about advancement to endgame.

Hope you enjoy our creative take on Hoarfrost. In the meantime here's a pic of my War in a fuzzy wintery, holiday getup...

240085@Cinco Hi! I think the game's advancement up to Glintstone and Underhul maps are nice and greatly accessable for new and solo players. Once you reach Graveyard, Dreamscape, Festerfang; it is extremely difficult for those who are playing solo or are just new players. The new players list are low, therefor most players are forced to solo up to Fester, where some players still grind at times.

All in all it is a lot better to level up, but it could be better.

-Mecylekyle add me in game. xD

thegoatotaku
06-23-2022, 12:46 PM

240085From lv1-60 is easy but then from 60-81 exp need is extremely high and takes a lot of effort and time. Also,farming dailies can get boring pretty fast. Also power level booster should be max level not lv75. Just a suggestion to raise its level or drop its plat price.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Notflix
06-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Honestly, I think its too easy. Of the many MMORPG games, this is the only one where you can get to max level in just a day or two

Krul
06-29-2022, 04:20 AM
It's not to hard as long as you know what your doing

xfrostzero
07-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Too easy just use exp elixirs

Supatra
07-07-2022, 05:05 PM
Hard

Enviado de meu Redmi 8 usando o Tapatalk

Immortal_Blood
07-10-2022, 12:34 AM
79-80 is pretty slow, but its nice.

damayenti01
07-24-2022, 05:50 AM
Good

Sent from my CPH2179 using Tapatalk

Tekila
07-24-2022, 07:26 AM
For a complete stranger to arcane legends leveling from 1-30 is pleasant because of the good xp you get from storyline quests and side quests.
However beginning from Nordr is a pain because you have to play alone and from this point you will need to do dailies every day to lvl up that is not natural for mmorpg players during the lvl ing phase. So they will feel blocked due to the lack of game understanding that they « need to do dailies to lvl up ».
Now that hey are given a box full of leg equipment every 5 levels it’s okey for them to do maps with decent gear that evolves with them.
New players don’t have any clue about XP ELIXIRS because it is not natural to use them in a game to lvl up.
The moving speed of the game is basically low so it takes time to move if you don’t have a SS.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Holyshox
07-25-2022, 01:11 AM
Ppl getting 81 in few hours or a day.

Gesendet von meinem PRA-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Tekila
07-25-2022, 11:30 AM
If they pass the cap to festerfang they will suffer because of the low effectiveness gear to

Tekila
07-26-2022, 03:50 PM
For leveling my alt rn.
I used all the tricked I now to lvl up and it is okey for me.
The gear you get from adventurer pack every 5 lvl is enough to enjoy the lvling until you can go to gnomish ruins. Where you get rekt easily and cannot do anything for it because none plays that map anymore.
Having to be carried by a friend from glinstone to valley is a pain, moreover the real problem is that you don’t have the choice because none are playing those maps anymore and no decent gear is available also newbies have no gold for sure.
You may encounter big problems keeping new players playing because of the leveling system that is totaly broke, enjoyable only for old players that know all tricks to lvl up.

Cinco
07-26-2022, 04:17 PM
Dear Legends!! Thank you for your participation!

Your feedback has been immensely helpful! :-)

We will take your comments and critiques into account the next time we deal with the leveling requirements (which should be relatively soon).

Best wishes!