PDA

View Full Version : Email for lv65

NinjaColor
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys so I heard that people were granted an opportunity to have an account of theirs jumped up to level 65. Apparently information about it was supposed to come with the humania email yet I received no such notice. Please let me know if there were requirements in order to be capable of doing this, or if it was just random.

ImHawk
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
LOLZWUT?!
I'm pretty sure you've misheard something's..
I repeat yo may not jump levels
:)

Fao
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Who told you this? I think they were lying to you I don't think STS would do this or it would make A LOT of people VERY angry, including myself because so many of us worked hard to get to level 65 and if they through that into the game they would lose a lot of members real fast!

Chrysys
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
This is actually true. I got an email saying this. I do not agree with it at all...

Late
06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
someone's trying to hack U >.>

NinjaColor
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Well I think it's true.. My friend got jumped to lv65 and told me about it. There have been multiple instances where ppl have told me that this happened to them, including my friends and random strangers. So I posted this thread to talk about it..l

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Really? Well I'm saying that this isn't true until a Dev says so OR someone can send me a link to the place were a Dev said this, otherwise it wouldn't be true!

NinjaColor
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Really? Well I'm saying that this isn't true until a Dev says so OR someone can send me a link to the place were a Dev said this, otherwise it wouldn't be true!

I agree it may be just a prank that numerous people are in on. However it has been said from many people that I know and also don't know.

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Well my guess that is that if you haven't heard it from a Dev, GoA, or AoA. Don't do it! It is most likely a scam! So, I would wait or PM a Dev!

Samhayne
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,

Yes, for people who had spent $500 or over with us, we offered to buff up one of their characters to level 65 so they could jump right into Humania. Since it is a manual process, it's not something we were going to do for everyone. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

ImHawk
06-22-2012, 03:12 PM
OMG wtf?!

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey guys,

Yes, for people who had spent $500 or over with us, we offered to buff up one of their characters to level 65 so they could jump right into Humania. Since it is a manual process, it's not something we were going to do for everyone. Thanks in advance for your understanding. Thanks for clarifying Sam! One question though, was this announced or did y'all just email all the people who spent that much? Because I haven't heard anything about this OR seen in posted by you or any other Dev?

NinjaColor
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Well my guess that is that if you haven't heard it from a Dev, GoA, or AoA. Don't do it! It is most likely a scam! So, I would wait or PM a Dev!

From what I heard in the Humania email there was a segment where it said to reply back to STS with the name of the character in which u want L65. More than likely this is fake I just wanted to make sure to see if anyone actually got the notification...

Phoenixking
The devs are in the prank as well!

Jokes, but :o who would buy $500 worth of platinum and still not be level 65 o,o

ImHawk
So now...
Money=65
Not happy...
I'm a little concrned now that STS is too money based0.o

Anyways. If someone spent 500 dollars I bet they are already past level 65 tsk. .. pfft

Edit: confused is this a joke?!

NinjaColor
06-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Oh ok just red Sams post. K thanks guys...

Samhayne
Thanks for clarifying Sam! One question though, was this announced or did y'all just email all the people who spent that much? Because I haven't heard anything about this OR seen in posted by you or any other Dev?

It was sent to those accounts that met the $$ criteria and had agreed to receive e-mail notifications from us and had a valid e-mail on file.

We know all to well that things hadn't changed in Pocket Legends for a number of months and wanted to provide strong incentive for players to come back and play. Yes, someone who had purchased that much Platinum likely already had a 66, but not always - maybe they were an active player during the Sewers or Nuris level cap. What better way to jump into the action with the new content than to have a character at that level?

We know that not everyone will agree with this action, but hopefully you can understand our desire to give cool reward to those who support us the most. We really appreciate everyone who plays Pocket Legends. This is similar to our motivation for creation of the Angelic Loyalty Gear for those who had spent $50 or more or had otherwise obtained a lvl 66 character.

Fao
So now...
Money=65
Not happy...

Anyways. If someone spent 500 dollars I bet they are already past level 65 tsk. .. pfft This is true, their MAIN was probably already 65, but they may have a low level character and boosted him up to L.65!

Walkhardd
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
So now...
Money=65
Not happy...

Anyways. If someone spent 500 dollars I bet they are already past level 65 tsk. .. pfft

It's for someone who already spent the money.

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks for clarifying Sam! One question though, was this announced or did y'all just email all the people who spent that much? Because I haven't heard anything about this OR seen in posted by you or any other Dev?

It was sent to those accounts that met the $$ criteria and had agreed to receive e-mail notifications from us and had a valid e-mail on file. Alright! I myself do think this is weird that y'all didn't announce this? I mean since lots of people haven't heard about this why not make it out to the public so they don't think it is a scam? Just saying!:/

RedRyder
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I've spent well over $500 since apr 2010. How's about boosting my bear to 65? :D

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure I've spent well over $500 since apr 2010. How's about boosting my bear to 65? :D Haha! :P

McBain
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
mind = blown :disgust:

Samhayne
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I've spent well over $500 since apr 2010. How's about boosting my bear to 65? :D

Check your e-mail Red. If you have one, reply and we'll hook you up. If not, you might want to opt in to receive future e-mails from Spacetime ;)

Jcyee
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow... $500...

Swimmingstar
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Thelonearcher qualifies for 5 buffs.

Engelhard
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
What would be even cooler is if we got some special vanity for speeding over 500$ :)

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 04:45 PM
It was sent to those accounts that met the $$ criteria and had agreed to receive e-mail notifications from us and had a valid e-mail on file.

We know all to well that things hadn't changed in Pocket Legends for a number of months and wanted to provide strong incentive for players to come back and play. Yes, someone who had purchased that much Platinum likely already had a 66, but not always - maybe they were an active player during the Sewers or Nuris level cap. What better way to jump into the action with the new content than to have a character at that level?

We know that not everyone will agree with this action, but hopefully you can understand our desire to give cool reward to those who support us the most. We really appreciate everyone who plays Pocket Legends. This is similar to our motivation for creation of the Angelic Loyalty Gear for those who had spent $50 or more or had otherwise obtained a lvl 66 character.

On topic with the "welcoming back idea".
Sam, wouldn't it be good to give people who have spent some certain amount of Platinum for PL and have quit a free EXP boosting elixir or something?
You know, something like a free "Welcome Back" ring or vanity or such.
I'm pretty sure there a few who have spent over $500 on 3x Combo farming Sewers and quit for a bit.

Elegants
06-22-2012, 04:47 PM
SO UNFAIR LOL! Eww i m so agree with theunderader :P ,sts is soo ....... Nvm

McBain
06-22-2012, 04:53 PM
What would be even cooler is if we got some special vanity for speeding over 500$ :)

You did. Although technically you only needed to spend $50 to get it (angel gear). Also, a free ride to 65 ain't too shabby. Especially if you have a low-level alt or something like that. If not, you might as well just make an alt and then get the auto-65. I figure if you've spent that much on plat, you're more than likely very close to 65 with at least one toon anyway, if not there already.

Zeus
06-22-2012, 04:57 PM
SO UNFAIR LOL! Eww i m so agree with theunderader :P ,sts is soo ....... Nvm

Everything is unfair to somebody who did not get it.

They aren't giving an advantage at all. You can get a L65 character as well, but yours will take time. They're getting a free L65 because they spent $500! If you level from 1-65, it doesn't even cost 500, especially if you use gold elixirs.

modredd
06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
I was shocked to receive this e-mail but I did have a lvl 20 mage as well as three 66+ toons.
I replied to the E-mail with my mages name and she became lvl 65 with 185 point to apply and like 38 skill points.
I have been playing since beta so yes $500.00 is a lot of money but over two years this game has brought me much joy.
Do I agree with this promotion,Hard to say but I was not going to say no and its nice to be recognized.
Thanks S.T.S

Engelhard
06-22-2012, 05:22 PM
You did. Although technically you only needed to spend $50 to get it (angel gear). Also, a free ride to 65 ain't too shabby. Especially if you have a low-level alt or something like that. If not, you might as well just make an alt and then get the auto-65. I figure if you've spent that much on plat, you're more than likely very close to 65 with at least one toon anyway, if not there already.

Angel gear is awesome but there is a big difference in $50 and $500 lol I don't expect anything I have alot of fun playing this game but a vanity that showed I had spent $500 plat would
Be pretty cool lol I haven't received email yet I'm still waiting patiently :) wouldn't mind getting a free lvl ride lol

Energizeric
06-22-2012, 05:25 PM
For all those who complain about such stuff, just remember that Spacetime Studios is a business and someone has to pay the salaries of the employees. They don't make these great games for free. So yes, there is always going to be motivation for them to encourage people to spend money and then reward those who spend the most. The only other alternative would be for them to charge everyone for the game the way many other games do. I'm just glad we have a choice. I think they have gotten the balance right. Those who don't buy plat can still compete just fine. It just may take them longer as they have to work harder for their prizes.

Thegreenduck
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Lol, am I glad the mrs didnt see my mail, otherwise it would be the gillotine for me :o

RedRyder
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Check your e-mail Red. If you have one, reply and we'll hook you up. If not, you might want to opt in to receive future e-mails from Spacetime ;)

I'll get that set up right away!

WoundedEagle
06-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Everything is unfair to somebody who did not get it.

They aren't giving an advantage at all. You can get a L65 character as well, but yours will take time. They're getting a free L65 because they spent $500! If you level from 1-65, it doesn't even cost 500, especially if you use gold elixirs.

And everything seems fair to someone who did get it. I don't believe STS made the right move. If someone were to have spent $500+ on the game, they most likely would have already hit the 71 cap as well. I think next time they do something like this, they should do it by account age rather than how much money someone has/has spent. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Money rules everything and STS made that statement more true by this act of 'kindness'. Though I must say there is no completely fair way of dealing with this, other than not doing it at all. Even if you only twinked throughout your entire PL career and spent $500 along the way, STS showed how much worse power-leveling could be. Basically if you spent $500 and: you don't have a 65, your getting power-leveled by the dev team themselves - you do have a 65, what's the need for another in the case of "jumping right into Humania". There is no right answer to any of this. And I'm not ranting or raging because I don't really care.

Plaguemaw
06-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Any idea on a time frame for these level boosts? I mailed in yesterday, just curious how long it took some of you to get your new toon.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
06-23-2012, 09:04 PM
And everything seems fair to someone who did get it. I don't believe STS made the right move. If someone were to have spent $500+ on the game, they most likely would have already hit the 71 cap as well. I think next time they do something like this, they should do it by account age rather than how much money someone has/has spent. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Money rules everything and STS made that statement more true by this act of 'kindness'. Though I must say there is no completely fair way of dealing with this, other than not doing it at all. Even if you only twinked throughout your entire PL career and spent $500 along the way, STS showed how much worse power-leveling could be. Basically if you spent $500 and: you don't have a 65, your getting power-leveled by the dev team themselves - you do have a 65, what's the need for another in the case of "jumping right into Humania". There is no right answer to any of this. And I'm not ranting or raging because I don't really care.

There is no difference between a dev leveled L65 and a normal L65 except for the time taken. How exactly are they providing players with something that can't be accomplished by other means? If it was something exclusive, such as a vanity, then I'd understand.

Bilaxman
06-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Does this mean that once we spend $500 we will get an email from you guys saying that you'll level one of our alts to 65? Or was this just a one time thing for Humania?

Pinskie
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I got the email, and sent the name of my bird. Can a DEV tell me how long it takes to be put into effect? IGN: PINSKIE

Thx

EDit: copy of the email sent out. (hope im allowed to show this)

Claim your exclusive items!

Pocket Legends: Humania Opens!

Cool new Humania Expansion Features:
Level cap raised to 71
New Gear
New Quests
New Bosses and Monsters to fight
Achievements and Titles
Reply to this e-mail with the name of one of your characters and we will set it to level 65 so you can jump right in!

This is an exclusive offer for your generous support of Pocket Legends, granted to a limited number of players.

In your Stash you will also find a full set of level 65 "Angelic" armor, weapons and vanity items.

Angelic Loyalist Gear

WoundedEagle
06-23-2012, 11:46 PM
There is no difference between a dev leveled L65 and a normal L65 except for the time taken. How exactly are they providing players with something that can't be accomplished by other means? If it was something exclusive, such as a vanity, then I'd understand.

The experience. Example again. If you only twinked your entire PL career and spent $500 or more along the journey, and then just magically have a 65, you've lost the campaigns to go through in order to get to 65. And if you haven't twinked your whole PL career and have spent $500 or more, you most likely have a 65+ character. The experience and time is gone. Much less the time, than seeing each indivual detail STS claims is the reason they are against power-leveling. Because they want every player to experience to campaign to it's full potential. I'm not mad or anything, lol, I just don't see the point in this.

Wthlite
06-24-2012, 01:52 AM
This is completely true! I received an email, it was part of the email that gave out beach anntene, if you read closely they are giving a jump character to 65! It may be a bit unfair but STS likes giving rewards to spendy and loyal players!

onemadzhau
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
I had a question I just realized my email for communication was off and I changed it does that mean I won't receive this email (did spend over 500)