PDA

View Full Version : Completely outraged!!!!!!!!!!

undertheradar
06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey guys,

Yes, for people who had spent $500 or over with us, we offered to buff up one of their characters to level 65 so they could jump right into Humania. Since it is a manual process, it's not something we were going to do for everyone. Thanks in advance for your understanding. (quote from samhayne less than 5 minutes ago)

This is complete bull****. (yeah, I cursed). I've kept denying that STS favors their paying customers more (more like repressing it), but now I can't do it anymore. I spent hours getting to 65, and just because someone paid more than me, you'll jump them straight to humania????? STS, I'm disgusted. But most of all, I'm disappointed. And samhayne, you don't need to thank us for understanding, BECAUSE WE DON'T.

Glad
06-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Sucks for you?

Phoenixking
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
How does this effect you... Or does it have to do with your pride of working hard for stuff? I'm pretty sure that someone who put $500 dollars into a game must also work hard in real life I'm not saying you don't. And of course someone who pays tha much money should atleast have some kind of boost or something

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Umm, I understand completely! They are THANKING those who spent TONS of money on their game! Ok, lets take this from a different point of view!

You own a game, it also has this different money so people can buy with real money! Some people spent LOADS of money, and you think, 'Hey, these people are awesome, we need to thank them in some way! How about giving them something awesome?'

Understand why they did this now?

Samhayne
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Undertheradar, I'm sorry you feel jilted by this. Hopefully my comments and the other people replying to the thread can help you understand our position. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it, but maybe just understand ;)

We know all to well that things hadn't changed in Pocket Legends for a number of months and wanted to provide strong incentive for players to come back and play. Yes, someone who had purchased that much Platinum likely already had a 66, but not always - maybe they were an active player during the Sewers or Nuris level cap. What better way to jump into the action with the new content than to have a character at that level?

We know that not everyone will agree with this action, but hopefully you can understand our desire to give cool reward to those who support us the most. We really appreciate everyone who plays Pocket Legends. This is similar to our motivation for creation of the Angelic Loyalty Gear for those who had spent $50 or more or had otherwise obtained a lvl 66 character.

I'm reminded of a recent cartoon I saw. Check this out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=483357345013565&set=a.233121090037193.78599.161362763879693&type=1&theater

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551756_483357345013565_1452785421_n.jpg

undertheradar
06-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Undertheradar, I'm sorry you feel jilted by this. Hopefully my comments and the other people replying to the thread can help you understand our position. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it, but maybe just understand ;)

We know all to well that things hadn't changed in Pocket Legends for a number of months and wanted to provide strong incentive for players to come back and play. Yes, someone who had purchased that much Platinum likely already had a 66, but not always - maybe they were an active player during the Sewers or Nuris level cap. What better way to jump into the action with the new content than to have a character at that level?

We know that not everyone will agree with this action, but hopefully you can understand our desire to give cool reward to those who support us the most. We really appreciate everyone who plays Pocket Legends. This is similar to our motivation for creation of the Angelic Loyalty Gear for those who had spent $50 or more or had otherwise obtained a lvl 66 character.

I "understand". But let's think about this from my perspective. I worked hours to level my chars up, and now all the sudden, just because someone spent more money than me, they automatically become level 65. I just don't see it as fair. Where's my boost for being a loyal player, or being a founder?

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Undertheradar, did you read my post from a different point? You would reward people who spent LOADS of money on your game if you had one, right? I don't see you complaining about the Angel gear? And if you were one of these people that got this you wouldn't be complaining?

undertheradar
06-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Undertheradar, did you read my post from a different point? You would reward people who spent LOADS of money on your game if you had one, right? I don't see you complaining about the Angel gear? And if you were one of these people that got this you wouldn't be complaining?

I wouldn't accept it, actually. I would make this same thread, most likely.

Covert
06-22-2012, 03:37 PM
So for those who've spent over a thousand dollars, do they get auto-levelled to 71 and automatically obtain the vomitnut?

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM
So for those who've spent over a thousand dollars, do they get auto-levelled to 71 and automatically obtain the vomitnut? Most likely no, or Sam would have included that in his post, and vomitnut?

FluffNStuff
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Most likely no, or Sam would have included that in his post, and vomitnut?

It's the Volconut, get it right ;)

octavos
06-22-2012, 03:41 PM
I "understand". But let's think about this from my perspective. I worked hours to level my chars up, and now all the sudden, just because someone spent more money than me, they automatically become level 65. I just don't see it as fair. Where's my boost for being a loyal player, or being a founder?

well to bad that's all I have to say...I have money and no time (sorry but it's the truth), games don't run on air and water. Support games and get rewarded... don't spend and you can spend endless hours. So my tip, stay in school and maybe you will see that earning money comes by dedication and how hard you push yourself outside of the game.

I have done my schooling 2x over, so please don't tell me that's not fair. It's not fair for everyone, just manage the cards you have been dealt with.

:ghost:

FluffNStuff
06-22-2012, 03:43 PM
If you spent between 465 and 499 US dollars on the Game, then you might have a case for outrage, and I suggest you flip out. I am guessing though, that you did not.

Mothwing

I like vomitnut better.

This reminds me of a saying:

"Time is money"

You said that you spent hours of gameplay leveling your character to 65. Now the people that essentially "bought" time, are being rewarded with a boost on leveling. I think it's completely fair. If you spend money on something, you deserve to get rewarded, no?

Walkhardd

Plz make that make stick in memory of me! :D

Fao
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM

It's the Volconut, get it right ;) I know what it is! I was asking Covert why he called it the vomitnut!

Late
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
How do u know You've spent over 500?

Walkhardd
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM

You lost your wife/girlfriend/house.

octavos
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM

you get the email saying you did.

Urqui
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I've spent my fair share of money on this game but I still think it is a bit unfair that they level a player up to 65 just for having spent certain amount of money ingame. THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE ELIXERS FOR. So way unfair to normal players...

You own a game, it also has this different money so people can buy with real money! Some people spent LOADS of money, and you think, 'Hey, these people are awesome, we need to thank them in some way! How about giving them something awesome?
This just reminded me of this meme

Paar
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Look Undertheradar, They are buffing up 1 character (if they even choose too) that have spent over $500! If you spent over $50, You got a Set! Maybe even 3 Sets. Stop Complaining and be grateful thar you have Great developers that try to please everyone! Too bad, They cant please everyone and thats where Immature little Rants come from. So grow up and stop complaing. Im lvl 66, I never got an Angel set and Im perfectly fine!

Cahaun
06-22-2012, 04:42 PM

I'm reminded of a recent cartoon I saw. Check this out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=483357345013565&set=a.233121090037193.78599.161362763879693&type=1&theater

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551756_483357345013565_1452785421_n.jpg
They were trolling in Dutch lol. That was a very well said paragraph so I'll say that I agree with him ^^

Piosidon
06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
It doesn't affect you at all besides the point that someone just got a free lvl 65 that only affects that person's account. I guess it's easy for someone to be jealous, but that's life.

Zeus
06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey guys,

Yes, for people who had spent $500 or over with us, we offered to buff up one of their characters to level 65 so they could jump right into Humania. Since it is a manual process, it's not something we were going to do for everyone. Thanks in advance for your understanding. (quote from samhayne less than 5 minutes ago)

This is complete bull****. (yeah, I cursed). I've kept denying that STS favors their paying customers more (more like repressing it), but now I can't do it anymore. I spent hours getting to 65, and just because someone paid more than me, you'll jump them straight to humania????? STS, I'm disgusted. But most of all, I'm disappointed. And samhayne, you don't need to thank us for understanding, BECAUSE WE DON'T.

Hey,

It's a winback campaign. Life is about special treatment. They aren't denying any players the right to game, just giving a special service to those who want to come back, but don't want to put even more money into leveling after already spending so much.

Zeus
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Your boost for being a founder was the founder's helm.

Elegants
06-22-2012, 05:00 PM
So true !(':

JaytB
06-22-2012, 05:06 PM
They were trolling in Dutch lol. That was a very well said paragraph so I'll say that I agree with him ^^

If you were talking about the comments, they weren't Dutch. That was German.

On topic: some people spent way more than that and got nothing, not even a cool vanity like the founders helm. So, personally, I don't think the OP has anything to complain about. But that might just be me.

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I like vomitnut better.

This reminds me of a saying:

"Time is money"

You said that you spent hours of gameplay leveling your character to 65. Now the people that essentially "bought" time, are being rewarded with a boost on leveling. I think it's completely fair. If you spend money on something, you deserve to get rewarded, no?

Time is money.
That's the motto behind all my ventures to get to the elite cap with 1.5s bought with PL gold.
I don't waste real life money for Plat to get there fast, thus I am wasting my time and rather saving my money!

Mostly because I have better stuff to do with Plat than to spam Thrashers...like getting that O.C.D.

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey,

It's a winback campaign. Life is about special treatment. They aren't denying any players the right to game, just giving a special service to those who want to come back, but don't want to put even more money into leveling after already spending so much.

Loyalty= rewarded.

"You get what you get and you don't get upset."
Founders are rewarded with Founder's Helm.
Elite players are rewarded with Elite Vanity Pieces and Bonuses.
Everyone is rewarded with Free Main Spine.
Players who bought the Main Spine were rewarded with Shield of Gratitude.
Players who reserved for SL were rewarded with Holoshield.
Players who bought the Elite Dungeons were rewarded with Frozen Crown of Gratitude.
Players who reached level 66 or bought $50 of Plat were rewarded with Holy Angelic Sets.
Players who bought the Derp Crown of Derpdreams are now rewarded with O.C.D title, which I have still not comprehended the abbreviated letters.

Good fight.

Late
06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Look Undertheradar, They are buffing up 1 character (if they even choose too) that have spent over $500! If you spent over $50, You got a Set! Maybe even 3 Sets. Stop Complaining and be grateful thar you have Great developers that try to please everyone! Too bad, They cant please everyone and thats where Immature little Rants come from. So grow up and stop complaing. Im lvl 66, I never got an Angel set and Im perfectly fine!

You should've got one

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Signature still says level 65 Paaraseva.

>.>

octavos
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Players who bought the Derp Crown of Derpdreams are now rewarded with O.C.D title, which I have still not comprehended the abbreviated letters.

Good fight.

Obsessive compulsive disorder. AKA....the collector of collectors.

Physiologic
06-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Which company in the world doesn't favor their paying customers more? If you were part of a free mobile MMO company wouldn't you prefer to make your paying customers happier, because after all they are the ones that put food on your plate.

HunterSLAYER
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
DEAL WITH IT, undertheradar.
Whether you think its fair or not its just a small token of appreciation by STS for players who support them.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
This is bias in some ways... However it's totally correct.

LADYHADASSA
06-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes indeed and founders helms give additional boost in pvp in low lvls... In basic no one can be happy all the time, and btw... Chances are if somone spent over 500$ they have multiple charecters.. And all those charecters have already done the grind.... A few times......

Reddwing
06-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Wait what happened? People who spent $500+ gets a free 65...?? Now I'm confused lol
EDIT: Ah ok, had to re-read the OPs post.

Double edit: Don't expect an award every time you do something "good" or "helpful."

Rare
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I've kept denying that STS favors their paying customers more (more like repressing it), but now I can't do it anymore. I spent hours getting to 65, and just because someone paid more than me, you'll jump them straight to humania????? STS, I'm disgusted. But most of all, I'm disappointed. And samhayne, you don't need to thank us for understanding, BECAUSE WE DON'T.

This is wrong.... why? I'm not sure where you are from or from what walk of life... but from where I'm from, when someone is running a for profit business, they ALWAYS favor paying customers more. I don't understand why its a problem. But that's just me.

BTW, maybe it was just your wording, but spending "hours" to get to 65 is not very much. Some have spent many months, even years playing this game. If its a misunderstanding based on choice of words, my apologies.

Rare
06-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes indeed and founders helms give additional boost in pvp in low lvls... In basic no one can be happy all the time, and btw... Chances are if somone spent over 500$ they have multiple charecters.. And all those charecters have already done the grind.... A few times......

Very true.

call it
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
This thread is... I was going to say funny but I wont.
Because, I had the same feeling when I heard about the $50 = Angel set.
I started playing again after a year or so maybe a month ago with a new account, I've spent about $35 already. Apparently spending $35 on a game that's free to play in under a month is not enough to get back any sort of reward, but $50 or having a level 66 is.
Now low level PVP is even more difficult because there are 21-30's in Angel sets that dominate every fight.

I'm not really "complaining" as such, I'm just stating why I feel your pain in this.
There's always going to be this kind of thing, I just wish things like the Angel Sets didn't disadvantage other players so much who haven't spent the required amount of money.

Elyseon
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Seriously if u spent $500 and weren't level 65 already, your account should get straight up deleted

call it
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
This is wrong.... why? I'm not sure where you are from or from what walk of life... but from where I'm from, when someone is running a for profit business, they ALWAYS favor paying customers more. I don't understand why its a problem. But that's just me.

They do, but they shouldn't.
Because running a good and profitable business is about more than just paying customers, it's about referral, word of mouth and continuity of business.
Do you think a customer such as undertheradar is going to refer people to playing Pocket Legends now ? unlikely.... and he was a paying customer.
Do you think somebody who has spent years playing L35 PVP and only spent $48 is going to refer people now ?

hmm...

vampinoy
06-26-2012, 04:47 AM
$500 is a lot of money to spend in a game...that's already equivalent to about 3 years or more of subscription to your top pay-to-play PC games like World of Warcraft, Rift Online, AION, Everquest, Warhammer, Dark Age Camelot, Eve, Lineage, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Age of Conan...and Pocket Legends is not even in its 3rd year so that means these guys who spent that much paid more as compared to the guys who are playing those bombshell games I just mentioned. What do they get in return? A level 65 character, wow (no pun)...if you actually think about it and look at it in the bigger picture, it's almost an insult to these hardcore spenders. The reward is ridiculously less than what they cashed in. Without these hardcore spenders...this game would be worse, dying, or dead. So instead of having that "me" attitude, why don't we look at it in the bigger picture, and be more practical.

vampinoy
06-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Because running a good and profitable business is about more than just paying customers, it's about referral, word of mouth and continuity of business.
Do you think a customer such as undertheradar is going to refer people to playing Pocket Legends now ? unlikely.... and he was a paying customer.
Do you think somebody who has spent years playing L35 PVP and only spent $48 is going to refer people now ?

hmm...

You can never please everyone, if you were a business entity, which person's referral would you rely on? Someone who can spend $500 or someone who can't? the answer is so obvious. Also, it's not like STS is not doing any form of marketing, in fact, they are very aggressive in promoting their game so word of mouth is only one of many of their marketing schemes, they're visible in E3 (just the greatest convention of gaming in the world), their game is in every top charts of IOS and Android...in popular magazines...they're even featured in our local newspaper (and I don't live in America). I mean, they're doing their job to promote the game. How do they keep promoting the game? Money. Word of mouth is nothing without content, and content needs funds. Even if someone refers someone, if the game sucks, they wouldn't continue playing it. They need to improve their content, how do they do this? Money...I don't see why people are reacting negatively to this, this is "reality" my friends...this negativity is fueled by two things: jealousy and selfishness...I'm sorry to say that, but I think that's the only logical reason why people would vehemently hate on this.

PS: I know of several games that relied on word of mouth, and they're dead games...most games I know who made it on top are the ones exposed in media, guess what? You need money to get in there. Heck, some games that are pretty good died because they had no exposure...low saturation of paying customers...but the game's good...so practicality is the key...and be realistic. Catherine, Shadow of the Damned, Rayman Origins, Stacking, Lost in Shadow...look those game up...those games would kick many popular games' behind but where are they? Either dead or dying because nobody knew about them...word of mouth didn't work for them...they had no media mileage (needs funds).

Cahaun
06-26-2012, 05:12 AM

If you were talking about the comments, they weren't Dutch. That was German.

On topic: some people spent way more than that and got nothing, not even a cool vanity like the founders helm. So, personally, I don't think the OP has anything to complain about. But that might just be me.
I'm not good in that language yet so I tend to mix some around :p I only know English and Latin more than others.

The Flash
06-26-2012, 05:36 AM
I dont even know why sts even replies to this kids. Its like beating a dead horse.

Rare
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
This thread is... I was going to say funny but I wont.
Because, I had the same feeling when I heard about the $50 = Angel set.
I started playing again after a year or so maybe a month ago with a new account, I've spent about $35 already. Apparently spending $35 on a game that's free to play in under a month is not enough to get back any sort of reward, but $50 or having a level 66 is.
Now low level PVP is even more difficult because there are 21-30's in Angel sets that dominate every fight.

I'm not really "complaining" as such, I'm just stating why I feel your pain in this.
There's always going to be this kind of thing, I just wish things like the Angel Sets didn't disadvantage other players so much who haven't spent the required amount of money.

Well... if $35 is enough.. then why not $20? How about $5? Heck... why not just give it to everyone??

Edit: Don't want to get the hammer

Rare
06-26-2012, 08:22 AM

hmm...

lol sorry, but I vehemently disagree.

You can't please everyone all the time. There is absolutely no problem with a company rewarding customers that pay a lot of their hard earned money. In this case, its a very special privilege and should only be given to a select few.

There are so many examples of how misguided this thread is.

BTW, if those people like the game and don't refer people because of this, to be frank, that's their problem. Not STS's.

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Don't want to get to much into this, but if people want to understand why STS did this, then they should research the concept of whales at a casino and return on investment. It was not a 'reward' as much as a marketing strategy to bring back players who have spent money in the past, as they can be counted on to spend more money by returning.

Snakespeare
06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I worked hours to level my chars up...

I do not see it that way. Work is when you do something you do not want to do because you have to. I work. I get up at 5:30 a.m. every day, do my yoga, eat my breakfast, catch a 6:45 bus, and then I PLAY for an hour as the buses take me to work. When I get to work, I can not play. Other people are playing, but I have to work. I leave the chat window open so I can have my head in the world of play but the truth is, my toons are not advancing and I am not playing, only fooling myself. Then I get to go home and I PLAY again. It is fun. I do not have to do it. I get home 12 hours after I got up and all my toons have to show for it is a few runs. I play all three games. I have tried to cut back to only PL, but I like the other games too much. So I seethe in jealousy of all those kids who get to play all day.

So I have to do something to catch up, like use a leveling elixir, which I hate.

All I can say about you post is that you have a very unrealistic view of the world. It's not filled with bleeding hearts like me. It is run by jerks. But in this world (which is beautiful) polluted by these nasty people, sometimes you find good people. When that happens you hold them close. That is ALL you get, good friends and dear ones. THAT is what you should cherish!

Getting a toon to 65 is not work. It is play. I am saddened at how great a disappointment this life will be for you. I think maybe m generation failed you, letting you believe everything is all sweetness and light. It's not! You have to work hard just to get by.

In my opinion, STS gives us a game that poor people can play for free and working people can support with real cash. The two groups together make the population. I would hope that those who are too poor to buy plat would be thankful to the ones who do because we keep the game going for them! So I think it is incredibly ungrateful of you towards the plat buyers that you would begrudge them such a little thing.

For what it's worth, my total plat purchased is not enough to request a boost. I had two toons already to 65 but I had to use elixirs. I have a third at 62 and whether you approve or not, I would accept three levels of boost.

But my real point is, you did not WORK to get your toons to 65. You played! And if you didn't enjoy it, nobody said you had to, so why did you? I do work, every day, and I pay for kid's weddings and their education and man do I dislike ingratitude, but you know, ingratitude is something I have to accept just like you have to accept that other people pay for your game, and they deserve to be thanked.

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Isn't FLAMING against TOS?
This is too extreme and btw, some peeps like me can afford to buy plat but i chosed not to.
Instead, i get plat from Tapjoy offers.

Also, most kids have school you know,(COLLEGE for me!) So you have no need to feel jealous that some can play all day long XD.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Snakespeare
06-26-2012, 10:55 AM
No way was that a flame. Just because you don't agree doesn't make my common sense post into a flame. Playing is not work.

Dalinuel
06-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Seriously if u spent $500 and weren't level 65 already, your account should get straight up deleted

I spent way over $500 and have three 66's plus 13 other toons at diffrent levels but i spend alot of platinum buying holiday vanity packs and 2x elixers :D

Justg
06-26-2012, 11:42 AM
I think this has run it's course, gonna lock up now.

*click*