PDA

View Full Version : Latest fixes, how does it feel?

Justg
06-22-2012, 05:41 PM
We're still cranking on getting everything back to (or better) than normal. Today we pushed out:

Skills on iPad, Chrome & other large tablets should now be smaller! Scaled up skills for small devices. Added a toggle in Game Options to switch between the two.
Skill ranks that don't meet the required level requirements are adjusted when the character logs in.
Fixed a temporary skill rank exploit.
The character inspect page can now comfortably fit 5 million kills per pvp/pve category.
The x button on the consignment store purchase confirmation should no longer purchase the item.
The auction pending and complete lists are now scrollable.
Fixed an issue where certain players weren't able to chat if using Facebook/Google accounts.
Stats no longer overlap auction slot count when selling auction items.
Xperia play buttons should now be fixed.
Skills can now be swapped from the secondary menu.
On Large devices, the quest helper, quick chat, & emotes buttons are smaller.
Shield Menu & health/mana bars are now also smaller.
Keyboard chat arrow up button should no longer be overlapped by the android enter button.

Update: plus:

Increased the drop rate of legendary helms from all Humania bosses.
Removed 'Wanderer of the Wyldwoods', 'The Bully from the Bayou' and 'Fable of the Feudin' Crocs!' Journey achievements.
The elite level cap volcano helm for Humania has been replaced with something new!
Free Daily Elixir now shows a description on your avatar's Elixir Buffs page.

We still have some font size tweakage to do. What else needs to be addressed?

Thanks guys, and have a great weekend!

- g

TEOKILLO
06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Add higher rates for helms to drop?

Justg
06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Add higher rates for helms to drop?

TechnoEmail sez YES!

NotYoCookiez
06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
The Break Armor skill on birds!!!! It glows at the end of te range and stays there ....!

Also The auto attack seems a bit too small. Don't mean to sound picky, it just isn't the same as before the Humania update... And now the skills are bigger and makes it even or werid! I'm on iPod 4th gen

octavos
06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
what I would like to see IMO: this is skills mapping and options on chrome.

As an option is xperia mapping "Option" on chrome....I have a controller and I have mapped keyboard keys to it. EG: pressing L and R on chrome to switch skills sets. ATM its like if I was playing on a touch screen...and PL Humania is fast paced ya'know :p Not essentially a driver for detection of a controller, but something that could help strictly for chrome users like myself :p

Thz for fixes on xperia play "Now im playin full speed"

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh they fixed the misspelling of Nightmare.

Two more bugs for ya:

1. Beach Antenna is seen by everyone in the area when a person receives it.
2. Omniscient is mispelled for Omnicient Wand and Aura for Mages.

Xionskull
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
What has it been replaced with? And how do people with the volcanoes get it?

McBain
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
This may be just a co-inky-dink, but within two minutes of installing the patch (android), PL straight up froze. Not a ping spike, because when that happens you can still move around and stuff, and not a force close. Everything just stopped and became totally unresponsive. This has never to happened to me before in PL, or in any other app for that matter. I let it sit there for a few minutes to see if it would come back, and even backed out to the desktop and upon re-entering PL it was still frozen in the same spot. Finally used a task killer to kill PL altogether, and now when I try playing it just loads to a black screen. Trying re-install to see if that solves it.

Edit: Uninstalled PL, and now trying to re-download, and when I hit "install" it similarly just goes to a black screen. This might be bad.

Bilaxman
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Could you also move the skills map up just a tiny bit? It's almost touching my auto attack button. I'm on an iPhone 4s. Thanks!

Late
06-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I haven't gone on to check but could you adjust the skill button?

Artemis
06-22-2012, 05:57 PM
The elite level cap volcano helm for Humania has been replaced with something new!

If you got it already, do you keep it and get the new one?

Gaunab
06-22-2012, 06:02 PM
I get that a universal UI propably means less work to you, but the way it turns out just means there is a lot of patching up to do.
There was nothing wrong with the old UI and skill location, why would you mess around with it?!

I have been playing on the same skill layout for almost two years, and I was used to the location of every skill without looking at it. Now it's a different shape and shifted downwards, for no apparent reason, making the auto attack button tiny and the gameplay really uncomfortable to me...

This is how the skill map layout used to be:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/Gaunab99/5f8b36d9.jpg

This is how it is now:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/Gaunab99/179314d5.jpg

I know it seems minimal, but it feels like someone suddenly changed the placement of gas, brakes and clutch pedal.
Is there ANY reason for changing it..?

EDIT: Failed with the image sizes (on mobile), but I hope you get the idea...

Artemis
06-22-2012, 06:04 PM

Viking helmets make Elfs bald.

Suntv
06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
It's been pointed out by a lot of iPad users: please move the joystick up to the middle of the left side of the screen OR make the location customisable by the player. The game is still not playable, because iPad users can't hold their iPad in their left hand so can't play like they used to play.

Jcyee
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM

Viking helmets make Elfs bald.

Lmao too funny

But like mentioned before, the skills need to be moved up on the screen

NECROREAPER
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
If you guys are gonna make the UI this close to the old one ( which is still better btw), then why not just revert it entirely:

Old:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/f517a405.jpg

New:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/ad4e56ba.jpg

JaytB
06-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks for making the game much more playable again before the weekend! Props to all the Devs for their hard work on making these changes happen before the weekend :D

As mentioned here already, on iPad for me, personally I'd like the skills to be placed a little bit higher. I used the space between skills and health/mana pots to rotate my screen left/right. It's not impossible, but it's much harder than it used to be with the tiny space between them.

Skill buttons could also be a bit bigger now, but I could get used to the sizes as they currently are.

Mana and health pots could be a lot smaller too.

All in all, I could get used to things as they are now. Great job!

plmafiaboss
06-22-2012, 06:25 PM
If you guys are gonna make the UI this close to the old one ( which is still better btw), then why not just revert it entirely:

Old:

New:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/ad4e56ba.jpgi like the new one :(

Suntv
06-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Old:

New:

Hey Necro, what happened to your joystick? :innocent: I seems to have dropped from a perfect "half way the screen" to an unusable lower left position.

DexGOD
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Starting to like now Humania with all these fast patches; it's looking promising! :)

Thank you for fixing all the journey achievements. The flair 'Bat Set Crazy' now has a description of wearing a L65 crafted set with bat pets and wings. However, even while wearing all the required items, a few guild-mates and myself have still been unable to complete it.

Bebsi
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for making the game much more playable again before the weekend! Props to all the Devs for their hard work on making these changes happen before the weekend :D

As mentioned here already, on iPad for me, personally I'd like the skills to be placed a little bit higher. I used the space between skills and health/mana pots to rotate my screen left/right. It's not impossible, but it's much harder than it used to be with the tiny space between them.

Skill buttons could also be a bit bigger now, but I could get used to the sizes as they currently are.

Mana and health pots could be a lot smaller too.

All in all, I could get used to things as they are now. Great job!

Agreed, pls make the skill buttons a little bit bigger and move them away from the auto-attack.
The joystick needs to be a little bit higher. My left hand hurts from grabbing the iPad and trying to steer through the dungeons.

All in all, great job. Thx for fixing it before the weekend ^_^

Swimmingstar
06-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Everything is great!

Bug in PvP though... daily elixirs can be used in tiny tombs.

thedream
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Yup, iPad joystick is still unusable aswell as the emotes. Also I'll repost it here but the view of the avatar screens is horrible can we have a option to turn on the old way avatar screens used to look or just change it back all together :/? New avatar screen http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/b734458a.jpg Old avatar screen http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s409/thedream889/86b4281a.jpg It also looks this way on the enter towne screen aswell please fix. Thanks.

Patricks
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm so glad the inspect page can finally fit 5,000,000 pve and pvp kills comfortably. I was wondering when they were gonna fix that.

Gaunab
06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post or if it was just me being naturally sceptical towards change, but IMO the new avatar screen and "improved" 3D graphics were as well a step to the wrong direction.

Old:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/Gaunab99/16ae6947.jpg

New:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/Gaunab99/68922754.jpg

IMO the xbow looks just huge and the whole avatar uproportunal...

I'm sorry for all the complaints you have gotten after this campaign release, but change always feels uncomfortable.
And I think the main problem is that most people, including me, fail to see why the change in UI, menues and avatar screens was needed. It was perfectly fine before. Why mess around with people's motoric memories, why fix and correct things that aren't broken?

thedream
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Exactly, gaunab I hate the new look to the avatar screens they need to be changed back. Also the changes to the UI the one size fits all is not working for me. It may make it easier for you guys to update but why should we customers half to suffer playing on a horrible UI and have to look at horrible looking avatar screens. Just change the avatars screen back and either fix the UI or change it back.

Otukura
06-22-2012, 07:19 PM
In PvP, the names of the people on your team at the side are different sizes, haven't check PvE.
The plat icon is still huge on chrome.

Shellkaz
06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi!!! thanks for the fixes. The skills buttons are much better now. :-)
There are 2 things that I've noticed on the ipad 2.

1) The joystick is still too low. It needs to be moved to the middle of the left hand side.

2) there is no way to collapse your skills down to a single row. The little frame and arrow that used to be on the right hand side are missing. And I think that once that little "bracket" is back in place, the positioning issues for the skills will for the most part be resolved.

Again Please forgive me for not rotating this picture. I'm having a hard time getting the hang of the photo editing software on the touch screen, and my laptop is older than the dinosaurs. LOL

ThePvpTwink
06-22-2012, 07:30 PM
increased humania drop rate good.New vanity helm...Kind of preferred the volcano now lol. On ipad skills seem small now.

Mothwing
06-22-2012, 07:31 PM
inspect page still laggy.

drewcapu
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
from the POV of an iPod user...

Old problem: Only 4 out of 12 (or 20, depending on how you count) emote gestures work (Wave, Celebrate, Whoah, Jump). The final 8 emotes were never assigned gestures.

When switching toons, world map doesn't remember the last towne you were in anymore (no biggie).

Once upon a time, if you were holding the d-pad and started typing in a chat window, your toon would keep moving (and you can change directions as well as long as you didn't "let go"), but now your toon just stops. This was most useful when trying to type and catch up to a group in a dungeon you just entered. Not a big deal, but I do miss being able to do it. I think this also affects how you can't always "control" your player while camera effects are going on anymore. You used to always be able to continue on your path if you didn't let go of the d-pad.

When changing toons, it always has the top 4 toons in view instead of whatever toon is currently selected (even though the active toon is properly highlighted). Not a big deal since swiping the list is a lot easier than paging up and down.

I could be imagining this, but something seems "low quality" about the music compared to how it once was.

I prefer having the stats listed as STR/DEX/INT instead of STR/INT/DEX since when you are allocating the points, it's ordered as STR/DEX/INT

When picking gear from the loadout screen, the loadout screen stays active, forcing you to X it out instead of disappearing upon choosing a loadout. Extra step is extra.

Can the Arties get back on top of the chests?

When camera effects are off, you no longer see any type of HUD message that you leveled up.

JaytB
06-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd like to suggest a slider in the options menu that allows us to position the joystick where we want.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a migrating joystick, which was mentioned in another thread. In other games that have this, it's often difficult to tap something on the lower left side of the screen (like targeting an enemy), without invoking the joystick.

Emoticons on iPad are still HUGE, I'd like to suggest to make them smaller like they used to be.

Buster
06-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Auto attack bigger and the old ui is there

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey Necro, what happened to your joystick? :innocent: I seems to have dropped from a perfect "half way the screen" to an unusable lower left position.

I believe the first one is taken on an iPad...where the original joystick is supposed to be; in the middle.
Since it is now at the bottom, people cannot play at all since they cannot hold the iPad in their left hand anymore; joystick is at lower left hand instead of middle.

Bebsi
06-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I forgot to check it on my galaxy tab.
My gosh, it looks so much better than on the new iPad ... O.o
Guess I'll use my tab until the issues with the iPad are fixed ^_^

McMaximusMax
06-22-2012, 09:00 PM
There is also a bug when you try to preview a weapon on your character....after about 10seconds it gets cancelled

CrimsonTider
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I for one am happy with the changes from the initial release til now. Thanks again for listening to us!

25thninja
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I think im good, thx man

Kixxler
06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't see any reason to change the game's format. The update associated with Humania is ruining my fun. I'm actually considering quitting PvP, this really isn't much fun anymore.

Shiloo
06-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I vote to move the iPad joystick back to the middle!!! It's terrible on the bottom, so awkward.

Elyseon
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
The bat crazy thing achievement still doesn't work, only the description got fixed

nmyxspaceship
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
I did like the stash skills option and now the skills look awkward. I think you should put skills where they were last time just bigger and put the arrow back in.

vampinoy
06-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Ipad 2 user here, joystick is too low, please bring it to back to the middle.

PS: Aren't we supposed to enjoy at least a day of high drop rate? I haven't stopped using thrasher and I've probably amassed between 700-800 different boss kills in humania...and I've only looted 2 pinks...out of about 10-15 total pink drops I've witnessed...I usually give out my all in first few days of each release and this is the first time I came out almost empty handed...

Elegants
06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Devs thnks for enlarge skills. 2 MORE THINGS! Fix the attributes ,i cant see the stats number properly and also skill lag bug issue pls ,i have email u n post thread yet u not fix it . Ty

Jewelsofjane
06-23-2012, 08:50 AM
First, thank you for being so open and willing to change things in the game. Everyone needs to give you guys mad props for that.

-My skills still feel a bit buggy. Some of them don't activate at all when tapped even repeatedly, messing up any combo lol.
- The distance in pvp seems to be different. Not sure if that was intended or not.
- nightmare vanity shows a patch of elf hair at the top lol... It's a bit amusing.
- auto attack still will change target mid-battle at times.
- I'm on iPhone and in a few pvp games, the opponent list never showed up.

~A~
06-23-2012, 09:03 AM
stupid guy in the christmas pj's

Eldaloth
06-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Much better. However, everything's still too large on iPad, and the joystick needs to either be movable, or be put back in the middle left by default.

Thanks for making it more playable.

drgrimmy
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Overall, I am very happy with all of the changes.

Also The auto attack seems a bit too small. Don't mean to sound picky, it just isn't the same as before the Humania update...

I agree that the change in the autoattack is somewhat annoying. The range does not seem to be as long and I keep finding myself losing autoattack on eneies and bosses while I am busy spamming skills.

I have also experienced and have heard of many people being confused about being locked out of all levels due to a full inventory. There is no message letting you know that you inventory is full (like with the old client), and you are worried that there is some bug that has erased all the levels you have passed until you figure it out.

Thanks for all of you hard work for resolving so many of these issues so quickly!

Kanitall
06-23-2012, 05:06 PM
IMPORTANT:

A memory "save" screen distance is needed, otherwise it always changes the range and it takes me forever to find it back. Thanks

Whirlzap
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I always change my map screen distance when I PvP and then my range gets messed up.
It's pretty important for STR bears, simply because missing Beckon because of misjudged range is vital to their win or loss.

Silverpegasus
06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks for fixing the skills arrow which was placed in the middle. Would have prefer it to be reverted back to original but well this works too.
And now the skills button looks normal, but what happens to the pots button and joystick, they are still huge.

My gripes (for ipad) are:

1. The pots buttons r still HUGE (this cause the health button really hard to reach from your right hand,
compare the distance for the pots pre-humania and now, it is really in an awkward position, far away from the rest of your skills,
i have died a lot pressing into empty screen instead of the red pot)

2. The joystick location is still located wayyyyy at the bottom corner, which really hurts your wrist. (I'm telling you this is a health hazards for us ipad users!!!)
Could you please revert that to the center, and i have no idea why the emotes toggle needs to be moved to the bottom too, it works well before at the top.
I think the best position is vertically center, like what Necroreaper posted in Old pic above.

Heres a pic of pre-humania, right after the release, and the most recent one for comparison purpose:

thedream
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Old:

[QUOTE=Gaunab;686219]I wasn't sure if I should post or if it was just me being naturally sceptical towards change, but IMO the new avatar screen and "improved" 3D graphics were as well a step to the wrong direction.

Old:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/Gaunab99/16ae6947.jpg
New:

Could these two things be looked into. Still unplayable with iPad joystick so low and I think the avatar screens looked much better before.

xcainnblecterx
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Of course i want.to thank sts.for.the.fixs but some thing i still see on my droid RAZR is i think pots buttons to small cause.when i press ill tap screen and move without.using pots n get all mixed up+ die but i dont want.the buttons huge as ipad/iphone users are.saying. when liquidating items or putting.items in cs.ths item i have selected will automatically unselect and i have to find item and reselect. The joy stick still freezes at random times, well i shouldn't say freeze but it wont move up i can move it any other.direction though and i tryed multiple things like cleaning screen, cleaning my hands etc. Im wondering if it could just be my screen protector though. And thats about it everything else u guys have done a GREAT job of fixing and again thank you

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I think the updates to the user interface have been terrific.

Im still one of the few users who would love to have the Mantle of Humania...volcano helm...alongside the new helm. I made level cap 71 on Saturday afternoon. Ingame name Slaveleia
I might get trolled for still asking...lolol I know Codybear wants it too like me.

Windwaiker
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
On the iPad the pots don't appear in dungeons unless the option to show pots in Towne is checked. Also, the pots are waaaaay too tiny! What happened?

Zeus
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I think the updates to the user interface have been terrific.

Im still one of the few users who would love to have the Mantle of Humania...volcano helm...alongside the new helm. I made level cap 71 on Saturday afternoon. Ingame name Slaveleia
I might get trolled for still asking...lolol I know Codybear wants it too like me.

Tbh, on Mage and Bear it doesn't look bad at all. They should have just edited it a little on the bird, maybe change some color schemes on it. I like it better than the current one, no offense to Necroreaper.

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah I feel the same...I'm still trying to get it myself lol. I think ppl were expecting something amazing to be released with Humania after the long build up, then they were quick to judge & not give it a chance. They wanted something like the CoP w/a set bonus with MFA. I'm lobbying to get it somehow.

LADYHADASSA
06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree the changes are good, the only issues even with skill size toggle on i pad one set way to big the other too small would love to have the old sizing for skills.

The button to minimize skills is now gone miss that :)

Patricks
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I can't rotate my toon when I'm trying stuff on in cs

Zeus
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Heal still doesn't seem to work on bear or bird if the character is in motion.