PDA

View Full Version : Give STS a break about the level 71 Elite Vanity.

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Seriously.
Though there are some decisions that STS makes that I don't really like or relate to, I'm going to go against the common opinion flow right now and appreciate their work with the vanity.
They give us a vanity, it's nowhere near Crown of Persistence, but it's quite plausible.
We complain about it, and within a day's time, they have a new helm for us.
Now we complain about that one more? And some even think that the first Volconut was better because it actually has some visible animated effect?
And most of the people who complain have not even grinded that 100k EXP to look back and say, oh gee, what a waste of Platinum, yet.
Justg even showed us a picture of what they were trying to design; not just another recolor of the Centurion Helmet.
I think we should be happy for their really fast updates.
They've given out basically one huge patch/change a day, showing that they are working at their maximum to get stuff fixed.
We are still getting a set bonus along with this helm for the next vanity set. It's not worthless, right?

Mothwing
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm not complaining, just urging STS to give us something fresh. Volcanut was exactly that. Centurion rip-off? Not so much.

razerfingers
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I love it :) reminds me of those childhood clown balloon viking helmets, so i absoloutly will get to cap if they keep it :) thanks STS :D.

Sent using spray paint

Lowlyspy
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Oh haven't seen it til now. I like it, much more than the flaming zit from before. Debating going for 71 now.

Whirlzap
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Not saying everyone is.
Just saying that complain one time? Normal.
Complain again? /tableflip

TBH, I liked the Volcanut more. I didn't complain at all; was actually leveling to 71 just for it;/

Mothwing
06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Not saying everyone is.

TBH, I liked the Volcanut more. I didn't complain at all; was actually leveling to 71 just for it;/

?

Seriously.
Though there are some decisions that STS makes that I don't really like or relate to, I'm going to go against the common opinion flow right now and appreciate their work with the vanity.
They give us a vanity, it's nowhere near Crown of Persistence, but it's quite plausible.
We complain about it, and within a day's time, they have a new helm for us.
Now we complain about that one more? And some even think that the first Volconut was better because it actually has some visible animated effect?
And most of the people who complain have not even grinded that 100k EXP to look back and say, oh gee, what a waste of Platinum, yet.
Justg even showed us a picture of what they were trying to design; not just another recolor of the Centurion Helmet.
I think we should be happy for their really fast updates.
They've given out basically one huge patch/change a day, showing that they are working at their maximum to get stuff fixed.
We are still getting a set bonus along with this helm for the next vanity set. It's not worthless, right?

Contradictory much?

NotYoCookiez
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Not saying everyone is.

I think just like you, honestly I love the Volcanut an never said a word bad since it has been released.

Ever since I first saw I started grinding and grinding just for it, and I'm not a plat user so it took a long time. Today like literally 1 hour before the patch today I hit level 70 on the 1.5 lix and then they changed it.

Tell me do you think it's fair? I mean I literally spent hours and hours found for something as awesome as that vanity.

Well I'm happy if everyone else is with this new vanity. I mean I'm not stoked but I'll bare it out :)

TEOKILLO
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Maybe they should make an npc who gives a choice for either

Moogerfooger
06-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Weren't you the first one ripping STS for bringing out a new 71 vanity? My memory is bad, just asking for some help remembering :)

Jugernugetx
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I had no problem with volconut;) im not at 71 yet but seriously think about the shield for next cap! Then armor for after shield;) i think... volcano set would look pretty nice. Just my opinion,
~Jugernuget

Reddwing
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I liked the "volconut" more because it related more to humania and the island theme. Oh well. You can't please everyone!

modredd
06-22-2012, 09:09 PM
They should have left the C.O.P alone and made the vanity a weapon or pet.
They had 6 months to come up with something original and both are ridiculous.

modredd
06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I capped 3 characters and I will not do it once in this campaign.

ThePvpTwink
06-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Should let the players choose whether they want the centurion helmet or the volconut. Not that fair to just change the 71 vanity when people were expecting to get the volconut.

saool
06-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Me like...a lot but I still wanted a giant zit on my mages head lol

McBain
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
I appreciate that STS listens to what we want, but there's such a thing as listening too much IMO. It's a principle thing. Trying too hard to please everyone becomes a huge headache, and sets a negative precedent for the future. Fixing bugs and trying to improve the UI is one thing, but this is quite another. I really wish they had just stuck to their guns and kept it as the vanity helm they originally had in mind, and if you didn't like it? Guess what, you didn't have to cap (not that they should have said that in so many words, of course). But I bet everyone who wanted to cap in the first place still would have done it anyway. I think this whole thing with changing the vanity opened a can of worms.

So to sum up, keep up the good work, STS, and if you want our creative input on content, I say have a design contest like you often do. To me, that's the most creative input us players should reasonably expect to have. Otherwise, just tell us what we're getting rather than asking what we want. 'Cause we don't know! :loyal:

NotYoCookiez
06-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Should let the players choose whether they want the centurion helmet or the volconut. Not that fair to just change the 71 vanity when people were expecting to get the volconut.

That's the part that really bugs me. They changed it when I was directly aiming for the Volcano Helmet because it was the elite vanity!

Suentous PO
06-23-2012, 12:18 AM
I agree with the sentiment Whirlz, I feel for the devs now. I'm not even saying it to be fanboy cheerleader about it. This is the first product I've ever bought where the creators actually listen to and respond to their consumers so often and quickly.
Yeah it didn't go smooth but things are being resolved where they need to be and tweaked even where they are non essential.
Can't please em all. It's cool, I say thanks.

Buddyf97
06-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Guys! Let me give all you haters one tip! Grind the 100k exp yourself.
The volcanut isn't just a freaking volcano on my head! It's a trophy that shows what I went through to recieve it. The Monarch helm is not just a helmet I love to mix and match with my towne sets, but something that says "yea, I made it to 71."
As of now I log on to PL for one thing. Sit in a towne and talk. These vanities get tons of compliments and congratulatory statements towards me. I love it!

xXxInfluencexXx
06-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Ugly Volcano Hat

LwMark
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM
We play the game..sts makes the game..dont be greedy..enjoy what they give us

ZHEOTARE
06-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Didn't you want to step on a lego when you saw the volconut??

Cobraguy
06-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Both helms made me refuse to buy more plat to cap with. The CoP is legendary and I wish Nuris wouldn't have come out so soon so I could have finished the last 20k xp I needed to get it. I'll get to 71 eventually through farming and random runs with friends, but it isn't something I'm purposely shooting for now. To each their own and if you like the new helm, great, but I'm just disappointed with it. When I do eventually get there, I'm probably not going to wear it.

gibol1412
06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Both helms made me refuse to buy more plat to cap with. The CoP is legendary and I wish Nuris wouldn't have come out so soon so I could have finished the last 20k xp I needed to get it. I'll get to 71 eventually through farming and random runs with friends, but it isn't something I'm purposely shooting for now. To each their own and if you like the new helm, great, but I'm just disappointed with it. When I do eventually get there, I'm probably not going to wear it.
Hello :wink: Yep. Me probably to. Nothing is better then Crown of Persistance :-( And I don't have it :)

slaveleia
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
^the crow of persistence lmao..**Crown** yet a crow would be cool lolol

Vuvuzaylor
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
sorry but still want the volcano hat back! -.-

Elegants
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
We play the game..sts makes the game..dont be greedy..enjoy what they give us
But we support them by buying plats with REAL MONEY .

GALiXENTOR
06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
They pay very much attention to all of the feedback that is given for everything. I think in certain situations it would be better to the players who seem a bit more appreciative and accept what comes at them despite the flaws. STS attends us faster than any other company to their community imo. Sure they take long with updates but when feedback starts rolling in, they take action. We get whAT we ask for guys.. Some people wanted a new helm, BAM! we got it. Why ask for something else if its been changed already. As i say in every one of my posts dont mind me im not trying to do none of this 'flaming' thing.

Rare
06-23-2012, 02:37 PM
You know, sts probably wouldn't like it, but i hope all these whiners decide its unfair and quit.

Its a free vanity people. And you aren't forced to get it. Not only that, but they changed it for you.

The people now complaining and wanting the old one back are even more absurd.

Rare
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM

lol

Are you honestly saying you are buying play out of the kindness of your heart? To support them? Please.

Like me, i only buy Guinness to support the brewery. They should give me something for free that i can complain. about

McBain
06-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Yeah, you also buy movie tickets with real money, so does mean if you didn't like the movie they should remake it? That's not gonna happen. In other words, regardless of the money you're spending, I think there has be some limit to the input you should expect to have.

Instead of focusing on one thing you find disappointing, why not consider everything else about the game that you like? You do like the game right?

gibol1412
06-23-2012, 04:30 PM
^the crow of persistence lmao..**Crown** yet a crow would be cool lolol
I don't wrote this specially...
Yes, I think this complaint have no sense. Good luck in game everyone:wink: