PDA

View Full Version : Can't Post Threads?

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi all,
I'm writing on behalf of my gf, Nattissen_88

She and I both made accounts in April, though she has not tried to post anything or comment on posts until recently ( a few weeks ago ).

When she tries, she gets a pop-up saying that she does not have the authority to do this because Spacetime Studios might have disabled her from doing so or that she has not activated her account. The problem is, she has never violated any rules in-game or on the forum.. so why would she be disabled? Also, she has made a new account to make sure she had activated it, but she never got a confirmation email with that one as she did in April with her first account.

Yes, she is logged in when she tries.

Yes, she has contacted spacetime studios and wrote to them which has resulted in no reply.

Yes, she wrote to an individual Dev in a private message, with no reply.

So I decided to write in General Discussion so that helpful players and more than one Dev would be able to view the problem and have a chance to reply.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Note: She has an art submission for the hats to post, so please help! =)

KingFu
08-22-2010, 03:08 AM
You only have the ability to post in some forum categories. You can't post under Announcements, In Development, or under Patch notes, only the devs can. You can comment under the other categories though.

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately, she can't post anywhere or even comment on other threads.

KingFu
08-22-2010, 04:25 AM
You mean in those categories? You should be able to unless the forum is locked.

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Let me try again, she can't post anywhere.. I'm not talking about those specific locked categories.
I know she should be able to post in the other ones but she can't and that's where the whole problem is that we need solved. The quick box for replies doesn't even exist when she's logged in on her account. Thanks again, - Hotndots

Royce
08-22-2010, 08:26 AM
All I can tell you is that message is the one you het when you try to post in a non-postable category or you try to post when you aren't logged in. If you're certain she's doing all that correctly, maybe have her try clearing her browser cache, but it really sounds like she's just not logging in or posting properly.

Furrawn
08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Hmmmm. My hubby had this exact problem. He could login but could not post. The problem was because he had never clicked the link to confirm his account was legitimate. He had gotten the email but hadn't clicked on the link. Without that "click to confirm," you'll be able to login but not post...

Maybe that's the problem?

The devs must get like a bazillion jillion kamillion emails & pm's daily. I'm sure they just haven't had time to get back to you yet.

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 10:25 AM
All I can tell you is that message is the one you het when you try to post in a non-postable category or you try to post when you aren't logged in. If you're certain she's doing all that correctly, maybe have her try clearing her browser cache, but it really sounds like she's just not logging in or posting properly.

I've been on her account myself to try to post in the exact same places that I post. And she has confirmed her account. =(

Justg
08-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Gazillion is an exaggeration, but we do get a lot. Nat should be okay to post now.

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Great, it works =)
Now.. question.. I already posted Nat's submission to the art contest with my account. Does this mean that I can't submit one of my own?
Just wondering, and thank you btw! =)

Royce
08-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Great, it works =)
Now.. question.. I already posted Nat's submission to the art contest with my account. Does this mean that I can't submit one of my own?
Just wondering, and thank you btw! =)

Maybe just delete your post (copy it first), then log out, have her log in and paste it in to submit herself. Then you can submit your own. Or have her submit yours since you submitted hers, but I think the other option is probably better.

nattissen_88
08-22-2010, 01:44 PM
:o I CAN POST NOW :D IT IS AWESOME, thanks for fixing the problem. But just out of curiousity, what was the problem?!

Chickdigcookies
08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
:o I CAN POST NOW :D IT IS AWESOME, thanks for fixing the problem. But just out of curiousity, what was the problem?!

lol...................

nattissen_88
08-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Well the dev just sad that I could post now, but didn't say why I couldn't post earlier.

flaimdude
08-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Hm... sounds like a forum bug. Either that or STS has some sort of thing in place where if you don't use an account for a long time they deactivate it. I dunno, but those sound like the most likely answers.

Anyways, welcome to the forums! :D

nattissen_88
08-25-2010, 03:56 AM
ok thanks :)

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Gazillion is an exaggeration, but we do get a lot. Nat should be okay to post now.
-sends a gazillion emails- ... now ya can say you got a gazillion :D