PDA

View Full Version : I want the Volcano helm plz!! Don't get rid of it...:-/

slaveleia
06-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I know the devs have been working hard this week patching things to keep their customers happy. I appreciate all their efforts & I can't get enough of this game. I thought the Volcano vanity was kind of weird at first but now that it's been pulled, I really want it more than the new one. I haven't had enough time to grind in the first few days to reach level cap 71 to get the volcanut. I swear it's one of those things like they say...you don't miss something or someone until its gone! Now only the 36? who capped ultra fast have the volcano! I feel left out like when ppl missed the COP. It is now a very exclusive item that not many have. I never even got the chance to see it or wear it, to experience what it's like.

I know a lot of players really disliked (hated!) the design & I understand replacing it but I know there's some ppl who really like it, just like the devs felt about it in the beginning. How about letting us have a choice of which one we want or maybe we could have both? I really hope you don't get rid of it. I would even buy it with platinum or as a deal of the day. I think it really goes with the island campaign. Maybe you could grant it to players who are dying to have it? Plz...

I know the devs are off the weekend...let's see what they say Monday. I'm wondering how others feel about this...lol

CodyBearr
06-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I actually liked the volcano helm alot & thought it fit the theme and looked very cool (will be even cooler when I have a tiki set!) but a few people pointed out to me that as it fits the theme it is not a lv cap elite reward worthy and they felt it wasn't worth the 100k grind... Now that the new one has been released honestly no one I know likes it, they say it's to big & it kind of like the free helm you get for playing a month...

I think the dev's had it right the first time but alot of people complained & screwed it up for the ones that like the volcano and see the whole theme (like nuri's circus shield)

OvigorothO
06-23-2012, 12:04 PM
At this point its too late to be begging to get it back.

ExperimentNebulaCore
06-23-2012, 12:09 PM
True, its to late.complain, changes made to satisfy, complain about new thing, to late. Be happy with what you have, and cheerish it.

ZHEOTARE
06-23-2012, 12:21 PM
They said it would probably come back as a deal of the day, or be able to be bought with plat.

ThePvpTwink
06-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Should just let the players choose between volconut and new centurion helm.

CodyBearr
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
They said it would probably come back as a deal of the day, or be able to be bought with plat.

Yeah a dotd sounds good, then everyone who likes it (like myself) will be happy (plus the lower levels who would want it can actually get it with out being lv71)... Funny thing is I BET you the people who said they hated it, will buy it & actually wear it alot...

Jugernugetx
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Thepvptwink is absolutely correct. Its not too late. Why not choose what we want? Really there is nothing wrong with that. But lets not start flame wars. Happy posting!:)
~Jugernuget

FluffNStuff
06-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Best news I heard all day. I do love the poorly designed volconut, and now I can experience the joy of hot molten colada milk pouring over my bird despite the fact that I will never be elite.

octavos
06-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Best news I heard all day. I do love the poorly designed volconut, and now I can experience the joy of hot molten colada milk pouring over my bird despite the fact that I will never be elite.

Me too im NOT elite but I want the helm :) DOTD...yay. but if people don't like the other ill buy that one too.

slaveleia
06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
At this point its too late to be begging to get it back.

It just happened yesterday! It's never too late unless you give up. I got to try. I never complained about the look of it myself...

ThePvpTwink
06-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I wasnt jumping at the volconut idea at first...but when u compare it with the centurion helm, the volconut seems much better lol

slaveleia
06-23-2012, 01:12 PM
True, its to late.complain, changes made to satisfy, complain about new thing, to late. Be happy with what you have, and cheerish it.

I'm not complaining but asking...I spend a lot of money on this game & I think the devs want to keep their best customers enjoying themselves...I don't believe it's a difficult edit, I mean we have so many other vanities in our closets. I think when you get something taken away from you, you want it that much more! I know it's crazy...maybe Sam, JustG, & TechnoEmail have been slapping themselves over this vanity item.

slaveleia
06-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah any helm that has motion is so cool. Sparkles or flames, coins dropping from clovers or even the chick coming out of the egg! The new beach antenna is nice with the water coming out of it. It was the same when folks didn't like the Nuris shield of Hallows at first but I think it really looks good in the set.
Of course, ppl were disappointed there wasn't another COP type helm or set bonus to go with it. It hard to match something that great.

Whirlzap
06-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Can we please just stop.
Next thing you'll know they'll just completely retract the idea of an elite vanity helm at all and just give you a new title to wear instead.

Otukura
06-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Can we please just stop.
Next thing you'll know they'll just completely retract the idea of an elite vanity helm at all and just give you a new title to wear instead.

I'd like that.

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Don't they have a title for it? [The Killer Elite]?

Back
06-23-2012, 02:12 PM

Actually it's "too late", you missed an "o".

I'm not of those of those guys who complain about an item for it's look and undermind it's value. I don't care if L71 vanity looked like Jewel Thief Sniper Helm or something like that. However, you said on you post to be happy with what they have and cheerish it. Are u kidding me? Did you say that when Volconut was the vanity? You whined and got it replaced and now when someone else is suggesting an idea you're telling them to cheerish? Really? Poor attitude there.

P.S. I don't like either and L.70 is my goal. I try to stay out of this crazy vanity things.

Can we please just stop.

Sure thing bro, it's getting messed up now

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Silverpegasus
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I was shocked too they changed the vanity cap to... a centurion helm look-alike!!!!! WHATTTT!!!?
Another recycled item.

And on a side note i never dig those centurion look. They sat in my stash ever since day 1!
I'll be having a nightmare if the dev decided to have the next elite set being the "recycled centurion set"!
NOOOOO!

Where is the fearless lead designer aka Techno Email!!!? No more recycled items pls. i have enuf!
Any coconut hat is better than recycled item. At least that was an original.
And why not make different vanity look for different class?
After all we grind hard and it is not stashable, should at least make the different classes distinguishable from the look of the hat.

Dark Avenger
06-23-2012, 10:09 PM
maybe make the volcanut just a vanity? like the tiki mask thing in sand caves...just a suggestion since it wasnt around long enough for most humans to cap...

ImHawk
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Begging won't get you any further nor will it get you on:)
I believe it shouldn't be able to be obtained because the people who have reached the cap that fast should get rewarded!

~A~
06-23-2012, 10:21 PM
maybe make the volcanut just a vanity? Like the tiki mask thing in sand caves...just a suggestion since it wasnt around long enough for most humans to cap...its a volcano! Not a volcanut!

deviousdemon
06-23-2012, 10:38 PM
maybe make the volcanut just a vanity? Like the tiki mask thing in sand caves...just a suggestion since it wasnt around long enough for most humans to cap...its a volcano! Not a volcanut!

well... in fact its called "mantle of humania"

thats the correct name

ZHEOTARE
06-24-2012, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=ExperimentNebulaCore;686884]True, its to late.complain, changes made to satisfy, complain about new thing, to late. Be happy with what you have, and cheerish it.

Actually it's "too late", you missed an "o".

I'm not of those of those guys who complain about an item for it's look and undermind it's value. I don't care if L71 vanity looked like Jewel Thief Sniper Helm or something like that. However, you said on you post to be happy with what they have and cheerish it. Are u kidding me? Did you say that when Volconut was the vanity? You whined and got it replaced and now when someone else is suggesting an idea you're telling them to cheerish? Really? Poor attitude there.

P.S. I don't like either and L.70 is my goal. I try to stay out of this crazy vanity things.

English police should try and not make mistakes when correcting some else's English.

P.S. - I didn't included the parts where you missed a word, or punctuation.

Vuvuzaylor
06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
like PvPtwink said: that would be the correct and fair solution!

tarlan
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM
English police should try to not make mistakes when correcting someone else's English.

P.S. - I didn't include the parts where you missed a word, or punctuation.

I agree with that first sentence, sir. :D

P.S. - I didn't include the messed up quote at the beginning of your post.

ZHEOTARE
06-24-2012, 10:32 AM
English police should try to not make mistakes when correcting someone else's English.

P.S. - I didn't include the parts where you missed a word, or punctuation.

I agree with that first sentence, sir. :D

P.S. - I didn't include the messed up quote at the beginning of your post.

Good thing I'm just a smart alec, and not the grammar police. :D

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Begging won't get you any further nor will it get you on:)
I believe it shouldn't be able to be obtained because the people who have reached the cap that fast should get rewarded!

I'll beg if you want, if that gets me what I want...lmao. I'm not begging like those players loitering around towns all day long. You get what you ask for in this life and the rich/successful never take no for an answer.

Devs...I want the Mantle of Humania! I guess I can wait for it since they said they would use it again somewhere down the line.

RBeltran
06-25-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll have to save up for it then :)

slaveleia
06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, no luck with it yet...I still want it bad. Theres still demand for this item, I hope the devs notice that and they bring it back later on. I will buy it immediately, given the opportunity.

vampinoy
06-29-2012, 09:07 PM
When the volcano helm came out, almost everyone was hating on it including the older players and forumers, you can simply search in the forums and see for yourself. Some even went further and said they were not interested in capping anymore because of how ugly they thought it was. I was one of the first who got the Volcano Helm, and I can attest that I never had a single feedback saying how nice it looked prior to release of a new elite vanity...in fact, I (together with four other earlier cappers who are my friends) got ridiculed for looking stupid etc. at one point I even stopped wearing it because haters will give send me immature messages. The point is the rants and hate were overwhelming and this negative reception prompted the devs to create a new one, voila, there goes the Mantle of Humania, see ya later. "We" caused it to disappear, the devs did not remove them on their own volition, they heeded the players' pulse at that time. It doesn't matter if you say that you're not one of them haters, you cannot complain if you were not there during the actual debacle...the battle for the existence of the Volcano Helm was lost while you were not around, that simple. The devs were watching during those times, and made an executive call, and that's that - they replaced it. Anyway, the devs said it will be revived someday. For us people who have the volcano helm, we would prefer it not be revived, because that helm means something to us, it symbolizes that we capped early, and we were the ones who kept believing and still gave them "quick profits" when everybody else were busy hating and ranting, as the saying goes, "put your money where your mouth is", we did put them in STS and we did it in 2 days or less, and it bests even a thousand words of support - a token is well deserved for us. But whatever STS does, I'll support, it's their game.

PS: If they do release it in DOTD, I hope they price it correctly. That they do justice to us who not only spent platinum but also sacrificed sleep and rest to get it. The effort, energy, optimism despite overwhelming pessimism, enthusiasm, is symbolized by the Volcano Helm and that alone far exceeds the superficial platinum that will be offered thereafter, and can never be replicated under the same circumstances...ever. Let's see what happens.

slaveleia
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I think you guys deserve it for sure, amazing job capping so early...it gives you that recognition that not many have. I wish I had more time to play in the first couple days, I might have made that small window. Oh well, I all I can do is wait & hope...Thanks for telling me your personal experiences, I didn't know that there was so much hate & hazing going on during that first week. I don't blame you how you felt. It can get really bad when mobs of players are harassing people. Thats how most players are treated in Pvp & gets them pissed off. I can't stand it when beggars are spamming constantly in public areas, that bugs me too.
I do remember that so many, the majority of people were really upset when they saw the Volcano helm as the cap vanity. They were treating it like it was ridiculous...I don't think they gave it a half a chance, otherwise they might have liked it. I did think it was kind of odd at first myself but I never got a chance to see it. When they took it away, it got my obsession for it going lol. I think it looks a lot cooler than the new one that is out now, no disrespect to those who like it. I saw one bear wearing the Volcano & I really was impressed.