PDA

View Full Version : is google wallet taking a cut on plat purchases?

between
06-23-2012, 01:33 PM
so like i dont have a debit or credit card for a number of reasons, so when i want to buy something online i get those lame visa gift cards with a set amount like 25 bucks. now for 25 bucks, in theory i can buy 135 plat and 30 plat (atleast thats how it use to be when i played pl a while back) but whenever i buy one, now it shows up google having a seperate transaction for a dollar just chilling there. i figured it was the thing to make sure that u have money in the card, similar to when u use a card at the pump, but long behold, its been 7 days since i used the first card and the stupid 1 dollar transaction is still just chilling there.

long story short i have 8 cards with 3 to 4 dollars just sitting there doing nothing -.-;;

anyone else have a similar problem with google wallet?

HunterSLAYER
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I got charged $2.00 just by registering for gwallet.
It's pretty obvious they do actually charge a small fee/ tax for any purchase.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

bronislav84
07-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I recommend using Carrier Billing if available. It registers your phone as a payment method and charges the amount you see, without transaction costs for all purchases on Google Play. Costs me full dollar amounts (one cent extra) when I pay mom back, but hey, it's not a dollar at least.