PDA

View Full Version : Add "Location" to "XXXX invites you to their game"

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 06:38 AM
Is there any chance that an indication of location/area/level, etc. can be given when you receive an invitation to join someone? I don't know about you but many a time, if I invite someone, they often immediately ask "where are you?" and I do the same too sometimes. It would be helpful to that the information displayed to you.

Dharken
08-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure this has been suggested before but ill give it +1 anyway. It really would be helpful.

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Cool, it seems like a useful feature to me and if it has been requested before we can add another +1... or is that +2? ;)

setec
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I remember seeing this suggested before as well but it can be hard to find in the forum.

As for the suggestion - Sweet fancy Moses - YES YES YES, add this.

There has to also be someway to reply with a quick message short of using the Message button and then typing it. Like a preset reply "I'm busy right now on another map" or some such thing. Because as we all know, if you don't reply, you get the game invite spam over and over and over again until they finally give up.

bmc85uk
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
It's a nice idea, I think the invite text already hogs enough of the screen though, and in my opinion it should be posted in the chatbox anyway so you can see a history of invites incase you miss it.

I think an easier solution would be to list player location in the friends list.

FluffNStuff
08-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I also totally agree, and to go a step beyond, I think the join button should be grayed out when they are in a full area.

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 07:39 AM
I also totally agree, and to go a step beyond, I think the join button should be grayed out when they are in a full area.Indeed, I thought that too. It's so annoying to either see a game in your friends list, or in the Join Game list but for them not to be available.

Snakespeare
08-24-2010, 12:19 PM
yes, please!, for both suggestions.

If I click join after an invite and it is to a locked place or a full place, I might as well have booted myself from wherever I was. And if my gear has gone over 49, I can't go back. It's pretty frustrating.

Dharken
08-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Greyed out join button when game is full = brilliant.
Pure genius.

setec
09-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Also, add whether the person inviting you to the game is the game host. I've been invited by a friend only to be immediately booted by the host.