PDA

View Full Version : 50 people in towns is too many

Lawpvp
12-18-2021, 02:56 PM
I think 50 people in towns is too many. It's nice having more people than before, but what would you think if it was lowered down to 40?

I play on pc so I don't have lag, but several of my friends have been experiencing lag on their mobile devices when in towns. Me personally, I think there is just too much clutter on the screen. It's a bit annoying to always have other people on top of you especially when you take into account the multitude of vanities/auras/effects flying around. I'm not sure what the player limit was before the change but I think this is a case of goldilocks and the three bears. Before, the player limit was too low. Now its too high, and we need something in the middle.

Susanne
12-18-2021, 03:24 PM
I have to agree.

gobbels
12-18-2021, 03:43 PM
i have nothing to complain about 50, its good for trading/interacting, even tho some people might experience slight lag (what probably is caused because you decide to wear auras/vanities that are too much for your device to hande.

More reasonable solution would be to add option "hide vanity/gear/pers", you could have like 150 people at expedition without even slightiest lagg, if there only was option to hide those.

keep expedition camp at 50!!

Oakmaiden
12-18-2021, 03:49 PM
Agrees just a bit too busy. Not back to og count tho.

Avaree
12-18-2021, 05:15 PM
I agree with OP, 50 is too many.

dualray
12-18-2021, 05:31 PM
I enjoy it; wish there can be more than 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilmozey
12-18-2021, 06:47 PM
i have nothing to complain about 50, its good for trading/interacting, even tho some people might experience slight lag (what probably is caused because you decide to wear auras/vanities that are too much for your device to hande.

More reasonable solution would be to add option "hide vanity/gear/pers", you could have like 150 people at expedition without even slightiest lagg, if there only was option to hide those.

keep expedition camp at 50!!This^^

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lawpvp
12-18-2021, 06:51 PM

keep expedition camp at 50!!

what is the point of having them in the game if people have to disable them for the game to function properly

Naaabmage
12-18-2021, 07:13 PM
Yes please lower to 40

Boss807
12-18-2021, 07:41 PM
50 is fine I play on mobile no lag

AucResearcher
12-18-2021, 09:35 PM
50 is fine I play on mobile no lag

What mobile are you using? Its lagging in my device.... Even when you run it feels like slomo and feels like without speed set....

Or maybe my device is just a potato XD

Sherzkie
12-19-2021, 12:51 AM
50 is great for me , if lower like 40 or 30 not good its because you only see same player

Analytical
12-19-2021, 01:19 AM
What mobile are you using? Its lagging in my device.... Even when you run it feels like slomo and feels like without speed set....

Or maybe my device is just a potato XD

Did u enable battery saver in AL settings? I tried adjusting that bar in setting 2, counterintuitively when I used battery saving mode it replicates your situation but when I don't it is smooth. Also, ticking/selecting double pixel helps to improve smoothness too.

Lilmozey
12-19-2021, 01:25 AM
No. It's good for onteracting with others I'm sure if sts makes an option to hide yours and others aura etc itd be much better I wanna see a town full of 50 ppl no vanities see how it works :) and disable pets in town if needed

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Azel
12-20-2021, 01:35 AM
50 is fine (using mobile)

championboost
12-20-2021, 05:21 AM
so having more people in town is definitelly better for more interactions and it makes the game more alive

negative is people with not the newest phones will have little less fps

u also need to consider every year that passes the average player has better equipment
so in a few years the lag shouldnt be a problem anymore for anyone

QuaseT
12-20-2021, 05:40 AM
I was wondering what device people use aswell. I have never experienced AL having lags because of auras or 50 players. City just seems a bit too busy but might just seem like this at the beginning.

AucResearcher
12-20-2021, 08:23 AM
Ooof guess my phone is just a potato...

Susanne
12-20-2021, 08:24 AM
I never experienced lag but I started to. My ping was usually 151 or below but can go up to the point where I disconnect.
Yesterday was ok but to be honest, I'm cutting my playing time down a lot due to Christmas and I'm getting my priorities right.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, Seasonal Greetings. Whatever you do, have a great time. ❄️🌨️🎄🎅🎁 🥰

chiiwawa
12-20-2021, 10:14 AM
Ive noticed a lot of lag since all the flashy things have been added more to the game such as auras, orbs, etc... but I am glad we have them. makes the game more fun. At least to me. I also think the lag has a lot to do with the type of phone a person has and whats running in the background while your playing. Just my 2 cents.

PatD
12-20-2021, 01:02 PM
I play with a very basic cheap 8" samsung tablet most of the time and it work very fine for me, we definitely don't need the last phone!

I think people who are experiencing lag have bad connection or have put battery saving mode or have many apps open in background etc..

chiiwawa
12-21-2021, 11:46 AM
I play with a very basic cheap 8" samsung tablet most of the time and it work very fine for me, we definitely don't need the last phone!

I think people who are experiencing lag have bad connection or have put battery saving mode or have many apps open in background etc..

Yea, I agree with you. my post sounded like i meant everyone needed the newest phone on the market.

I didnt mean that at all. my phone is a couple years old and works fine except when i have a lot of background running. Some phones no matter how old seem to work better with AL or so ive heard. but again it might just be background.

The auras & stuff that flash and light up do cause lag usually even if the servers are beefed up everytime something is added. I use to run a few game servers for an old game and it was almost impossible to keep up with updating them to fit the new game stuff added.

From my experience with with game servers STS has got to have a fortune invested in servers right now to even make the game run. I dont think they are getting rich off the game like people believe.

PeterB
12-22-2021, 01:29 AM
11 ftwzzz

manm65
12-22-2021, 02:14 AM
50 is ok, i play on my Motorola g6 play and its ok

umarrahim
12-22-2021, 06:11 PM
Yea, I agree with you. my post sounded like i meant everyone needed the newest phone on the market.

I didnt mean that at all. my phone is a couple years old and works fine except when i have a lot of background running. Some phones no matter how old seem to work better with AL or so ive heard. but again it might just be background.

The auras & stuff that flash and light up do cause lag usually even if the servers are beefed up everytime something is added. I use to run a few game servers for an old game and it was almost impossible to keep up with updating them to fit the new game stuff added.

From my experience with with game servers STS has got to have a fortune invested in servers right now to even make the game run. I dont think they are getting rich off the game like people believe.They probably have fired a lot of their creative arts team members hence the shetty vanities we been getting since 2014.

They are making just enough to get live a normal life imo.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

ree
12-23-2021, 11:34 AM
I liked it the way it was before. :)

Lawpvp
12-28-2021, 07:08 PM
Now it's goin down to 30...which is probably an overcorrection. I think 40 is the right number