PDA

View Full Version : Thorough screening for AoB , what a JOKE

Kanozaki
06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
It was brought to my attention that one of the AoB has been continuously harassing one of the most helpful members of the SL community. Names will be kept hidden as multiple reports have been sent. STS, really is this how you screen applicants ? I was completely appalled at the utter vulgarity of what this AoB did.
This also isnt the first an AoB has done something similar , there have been many many instances similar to this. Like wise many reports have been sent in. question left unanswered is do this reports fall upon deaf years? I have had female friends as well who have been harassed and sent reports in but these people are still here. Same goes with scammers.

I hope those involved in this incident are held fully accountable and delt with accordingly. Im not implying all AoB are bad , i personally know a handful of them who i have the utmost respect for. But STS seriously do a better job with your screening of potential AoB.

javier995
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Someone said it before I did, yay!

Bozack
06-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Some kinda effort... Meh

Zraorizer
06-23-2012, 05:52 PM
You know some of the applicants who applied and said they are nice and kind and stuff aren't what they say they are. Any AoB that harasses someone shouldn't be an AoB.
Don't name the AoB in the thread that will make things worst.just pm Airrie what he/she did

*Zero*
06-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Wowzers gone for a week and chaos breaks out.

javier995
06-23-2012, 06:07 PM
You know some of the applicants who applied and said they are nice and kind and stuff aren't what they say they are. Any AoB that harasses someone shouldn't be an AoB.

Exactly.

Some lie just for the title, thats all they want.

They don't deserve to be it.

Deathpunch
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Don't name the AoB in the thread that will make things worst.just pm Airrie what he/she did

Any AoB that harasses someone shouldn't BE ALLOWED TO STAY IN THE GAME. There is a certain standard that they should be held to and expected behavior from them. If they are unwilling or unable to maintain this, remove them.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Commanderkeen
06-23-2012, 06:54 PM
i am just wondering was this person on his or her aob toon when this harassment happen? because if he or she was they need to be dealt with asap but if this person was in their main or one of their non aob toons we can do whatever we want on them.

Siejo
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
It was brought to my attention that one of the AoB has been continuously harassing one of the most helpful members of the SL community. Names will be kept hidden as multiple reports have been sent. STS, really is this how you screen applicants ? I was completely appalled at the utter vulgarity of what this AoB did.
This also isnt the first an AoB has done something similar , there have been many many instances similar to this. Like wise many reports have been sent in. question left unanswered is do this reports fall upon deaf years? I have had female friends as well who have been harassed and sent reports in but these people are still here. Same goes with scammers.

I hope those involved in this incident are held fully accountable and delt with accordingly. Im not implying all AoB are bad , i personally know a handful of them who i have the utmost respect for. But STS seriously do a better job with your screening of potential AoB.

Any AoB violating the mission statement and guidelines should definitely be reported to Airrie. This also applies to AoA and AoC. Their purpose is to help people not abuse their title. Include screenshots as well if possible. I may not be an Ambassador anymore but I still enjoy helping out when I can.

i am just wondering was this person on his or her aob toon when this harassment happen? because if he or she was they need to be dealt with asap but if this person was in their main or one of their non aob toons we can do whatever we want on them.

Yes only the AoB toons have to follow the guidlines however any form of harassment is against the TOS regardless of what toon they are using.

Azibas
06-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Recruitment has always been an issue even for our guild in this game. At one time we did have a lot of hoops to jump through just to get in. It was funny because some people though it was pretty extreme measures for a pocket mobile game. Through our experience we people who jumped through all the hoops and make it in and find out they are rotten apples at the end of the whole process. We also had great people who we recruited by chance without any making them go through any hoops. In reality you cant judge a person until you get to know them. The best way is to develop a way to quickly respond to any incidences with your members.

Deathpunch
06-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Harassment is against the ToS, so, no, you can't "do whatever you want on them". Just because you change toons does not automatically mean you can start being a d bag to everyone. If you are AoWhatever, it applies to YOU, not your toons, IMO.

-----

Commanderkeen
06-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes only the AoB toons have to follow the guidlines however any form of harassment is against the TOS regardless of what toon they are using.

i know it is i was just wondering if the person was on their aob toon or an alt.

Kanozaki
06-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Harassment is against the ToS, so, no, you can't "do whatever you want on them". Just because you change toons does not automatically mean you can start being a d bag to everyone. If you are AoWhatever, it applies to YOU, not your toons, IMO.

-----

Quoted for truth. We as part of the SL community have certain expectations placed upon us. Besides arent the Aos chosen for being pleasant and helpful ? Regardless of what toon they are on.

Hellcurse
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
ill was on my twink and then an aob of whom im not naming came up and said "dont attack me or ill kill u, u noob" and then rushed me, but of course i attacked to protect myself. When i killed him, he booted me saying im a low life rushing noob. Like r u mental?

Bilaxman
06-23-2012, 10:21 PM
ill was on my twink and then an aob of whom im not naming came up and said "dont attack me or ill kill u, u noob" and then rushed me, but of course i attacked to protect myself. When i killed him, he booted me saying im a low life rushing noob. Like r u mental?

Regardless if you are an ambassador or not, there isn't any reason to be rude to other player. Like the others have said, it's best to pm Airrie :)

Commanderkeen
06-23-2012, 10:30 PM

-----

Dang I didn't mean we go around being jerks when were not on our ambassador toons. I'm just saying if this person was on their non AoB toon causing trouble why is his AoB toon being brough up that's all.

Mrbananaz
06-24-2012, 12:12 AM
first off, he wasnt on his aob toon, secondly, i know what happened. i will not say names, but this person has gone crazy with power and started trolling others. he even got his guild to help. all im saying is, he/she doesnt deserve to be an aob at all and numerous pms have been sent to airrie

Seiyen
06-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Aoh=ambassador of harassin,banana pm me his name

~Raghav

Deathpunch
06-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Dang I didn't mean we go around being jerks when were not on our ambassador toons. I'm just saying if this person was on their non AoB toon causing trouble why is his AoB toon being brough up that's all.

Because if you are AoB, and supposedly the helpful face of the game, then conduct yourself as such, despite what alt you are on. Maturity, accountability, and responsibility for your actions and all that jazz. Don't want to deal with that? Don't be AoB.

-----

HunterSLAYER
06-24-2012, 02:20 AM
How nice of the Aob to show his true colors. =.="'

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Zaonabiuibil
06-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Please do not insult the whole of the Ambassadors. Most of us DO try and work our hardest to help the community, and this just feels like you're bashing all of us for the actions of one member. That's just what it sounds like, PMs have been sent, and someone should really close this thread before it gets out of hand. Thanks for bringing it up though, that's greatly appreciated and noted.

Taipan
06-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Please do not insult the whole of the Ambassadors. Most of us DO try and work our hardest to help the community, and this just feels like you're bashing all of us for the actions of one member. That's just what it sounds like, PMs have been sent, and someone should really close this thread before it gets out of hand. Thanks for bringing it up though, that's greatly appreciated and noted.
Hear, hear.
If one of us does wrong, do not blame it on all of us. PM Airrie and he will deal with it in the appropriate manner, but threads like this just cause drama.

Zraorizer
06-24-2012, 08:55 AM
We take our jobs seriously, if the person.was on his AoB or not and was harassing people, thatvAoB got out of hands.But not us we try our hardest just like Zao said

Lunalumen
06-24-2012, 08:56 AM

If you feel bashed its like your choice to feel that way and it is ONLY a reflection on you if you choose to let it be.
If we shut down the lines of communication every time we actually start having a real discussion and getting to the core issues nothing is ever gonna get accomplished.
Isn't the point of the forum to have an open platform where ppl can state their opinions in the hopes of resolving issues and improving the community?
This can actually lead to something much better :D

Rittik
06-24-2012, 08:56 AM
i recently chatted wid keen about these..we AoBs tried hard to stop the fight between The 2persons..no result..Anyways am just hoping STS controlls it...Anyway the AoB talked above..has never been on his aob toon since he got selected..!
my request to STS look at this stuff ASAP!

-Rik(Rittik)

Gamertag
06-24-2012, 09:02 AM
If you feel bashed its like your choice to feel that way and it is ONLY a reflection on you if you choose to let it be.
If we shut down the lines of communication every time we actually start having a real discussion and getting to the core issues nothing is ever gonna get accomplished.
Isn't the point of the forum to have an open platform where ppl can state their opinions in the hopes of resolving issues and improving the community?
This can actually lead to something much better :D

Yep :calm:

ToPBoY
06-24-2012, 09:23 AM
i recently chatted wid keen about these..we AoBs tried hard to stop the fight between The 2persons..no result..Anyways am just hoping STS controlls it...Anyway the AoB talked above..has never been on his aob toon since he got selected..!
my request to STS look at this stuff ASAP!

-Rik(Rittik)

Not entirely true, you let your friends troll me and gamer, and everytime I retaliated you would tell me to stop, yet the gang of people, all your friends got to say whatever they liked. Being AoB, you need to learn, to not be bios towards your friends.

Zraorizer
06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
ssdsd
What are you saying

Kanozaki
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM

You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread completely. This was in no way mean to bash the AoB nor once did i mention any where in my post about ALL AoB . Like i said in my post i personally am good friends with a lot of the AoB, its just some should not even be their in the first place. Im sure you know who im talking about. Those of you actually do help , we are grateful and this thread is no way meant to you.

Zaonabiuibil
06-24-2012, 10:26 AM
You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread completely. This was in no way mean to bash the AoB nor once did i mention any where in my post about ALL AoB . Like i said in my post i personally am good friends with a lot of the AoB, its just some should not even be their in the first place. Im sure you know who im talking about. Those of you actually do help , we are grateful and this thread is no way meant to you.

Thank you for that, I speak for I know numerous of us that you cleared that up. Sadly not EVERYONE got that's what you meant, and of course took it out on the whole of us. Of course some people would stretch the truth to get the position, just like in the real world. We do have an idea, it's interesting to see all the viewpoints, but I think everyone here got their point across, so I think it's just time to end this thread, and perhaps for a change to be in order. That's just my two cents.

Thanks,
-Zao

Kanozaki
06-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Thank you for that, I speak for I know numerous of us that you cleared that up. Sadly not EVERYONE got that's what you meant, and of course took it out on the whole of us. Of course some people would stretch the truth to get the position, just like in the real world. We do have an idea, it's interesting to see all the viewpoints, but I think everyone here got their point across, so I think it's just time to end this thread, and perhaps for a change to be in order. That's just my two cents.

Thanks,
-Zao

Very nicely done. My argument was that STS should have looked into peoples history , guilds they been in and what not. Not just base an entire application on finalists from " So you think you can write"

Deathpunch
06-24-2012, 10:46 AM

I'm thinking that was directed to the post previous, not towards you.

-----

Maokrilith
06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
The majority of you do a great job. And a lot of players lookup to you guys/girls.
So if it doesn’t apply to you, don’t be offended.

Itīs just not a good thing for the game that some people with such power abuse them.
And when it happens, it should be dealt with swiftly.

To close this thread for such reasons is like media censorship. It should be closed when it is no longer necessary.
What else can players do if the other ways of reporting fail?

With great power comes great responsibility.

Kanozaki
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
The majority of you do a great job. And a lot of players lookup to you guys/girls.
So if it doesn’t apply to you, don’t be offended.

Itīs just not a good thing for the game that some people with such power abuse them.
And when it happens, it should be dealt with swiftly.

To close this threat for such reasons is like media censorship. It should be closed when it is no longer necessary.
What else can players do if the other ways of reporting fail?

With great power comes great responsibility.

Darn out of thanks lol

Gamertag
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
As long ppl are commenting... change is occuring and healing is possible

End this thread and you effectively cut off the ability to be part of our solution

I think it would be good to have some sort of thread where we can still discuss stuff and give feedback for a better community.

SexyIsland
06-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm gonna agree with those who believe that, even if this person is not using his or her Main Toon, doesn't give them the right to Troll, disrespect and boot people from games with excuses/reasons that doesn't make any sense. I wasn't there when the situation went down. But my sources told me who it was and to who this was happening to and I have to say that those people are really cool and didn't deserve that. No one in any of the games, deserve to be treated like that.

AOBs are suppose to be, helpers of the SL community, not Harrasers of The people. Most AOBs are nice people, but in reality sts need to follow up with these people on a basis. It's just not right what this one person is doing and nothing be done about it.
Hope this gets fixed asap. :/

SN: if this thread is gonna cause drama between the community than it should be locked.

Lunalumen
06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
As long ppl are commenting... change is occuring and healing is possible

End this thread and you effectively cut off the ability to be part of our solution

I think it would be good to have some sort of thread where we can still discuss stuff and give feedback for a better community.

Exactly!

Zraorizer
06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm gonna agree with those who believe that, even if this person is not using his or her Main Toon, doesn't give them the right to Troll, disrespect and boot people from games with excuses/reasons that doesn't make any sense. I wasn't there when the situation went down. But my sources told me who it was and to who this was happening to and I have to say that those people are really cool and didn't deserve that. No one in any of the games, deserve to be treated like that.

AOBs are suppose to be, helpers of the SL community, not Harrasers of The people. Most AOBs are nice people, but in reality sts need to follow up with these people on a basis. It's just not right what this one person is doing and nothing be done about it.
Hope this gets fixed asap. :/

SN: if this thread is gonna cause drama between the community than it should be locked.
AoB's are what u said but we are not harassers sure one AoB abused the power but why do you guys bring the rest of the AoB's in this situation when one harassed

Mitchturbo
06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I've already said my few words of Support to a few AoB :-) Remember Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
You all know you and whos doing a good job for the community, don't let one bad apple ruin the AoB experience for you.
It's Time to show everyone you are committed to the cause. Smile you have your fans ;-)

Regarding the bad apple, its a shame sometimes one can act without thinking, without remembering they have a responsibility to show a good example for the community.
Every member of the AoB should be there to encourage and help all people to play this game and enjoy it as much as possible.
99.9% of them do this!

If your reading this It's time to look hard in the mirror and decide for yourself whether you deserve to be a member of AoB.
I hope you make the right decision and apologies to those that were affected by your rash behavior ingame.
We will respect you for owning up.
I'd like to see a good handshake and let's not see this behavior again.

;-)

octavos
06-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Yes, if any issues do come up with any Ambassador, send a PM to arrire or sam or report is your friend or me if you don't feel like going that far.

In every batch of apples there is always a few bad ones. But the bad ones don't speak for the rest. Send me a PM also and ill try to do my best also....don't need people to get the wrong impression about what we like to do...and that is help :)