PDA

View Full Version : The Pocket Legends Files

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I thought about making a series of YouTube videos called The Pocket Legends Files inspired by The Minecraft Files by ChimneySwift11. (I don't even play Minecraft lol)

And I have a few questions.

Should I make this series?

Should I start a new account for this or use mine.

What should the first video be about?

If you have any other suggestions please post them here.

Please also remember I can't do these 24/7, I will also not be voicing over the videos.

NotYoCookiez
06-23-2012, 05:35 PM
If your not making voice overs then why make a YouTube video? Do what I did, picture caption ^_^

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60476-How-to-Catch-those-Bears-gt-_-gt&highlight=catch+bear

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 05:42 PM
If your not making voice overs then why make a YouTube video? Do what I did, picture caption ^_^

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60476-How-to-Catch-those-Bears-gt-_-gt&highlight=catch+bear

Because taking individual pictures is harder for me and the viewer/reader.

Whirlzap
06-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Then don't do voice-overs.
Just add mini captions at the bottom of each few frames.

NotYoCookiez
06-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Because taking individual pictures is harder for me and the viewer/reader.

Yeah I guess but as well as you keep it short and interesting you won't lose your target audience

Anyways, I would LOVE to see some pocket legends type series from you :)

WoundedEagle
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Jailbreak and get DisplayRecorder to record in HD with sound ._.

Rawrimafish
06-23-2012, 07:48 PM
i aint a swifter but you should... you can use me :) id be happy to model fo u lol

shadow90
06-23-2012, 07:49 PM

There are 3 video formats you can choose:

MJPEG/AVI can record all apps, even those that use hardware accelerated video and audio codecs. Yields very large files that must be played back on a computer.

H.264/MOV cannot record apps that use hardware accelerated video and audio codecs. Yields much smaller files that may be played back on the device and transferred to the camera roll.

H.264/MOV with Mic Audio behaves similarly to H.264/MOV, but includes audio input gathered from the device's microphone.

You can upload it to Youtube too...

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 09:39 PM

I use android and am rooted, there is only one program to record your screen though and it costs money. Unless you want 30 second videos from the demo. And I also tried just downloading the apk file, didn't work.

So I'm stuck to Chrome unless you want to see me trying to play while holding a camera. :p

Swimmingstar
06-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Still need ideas and suggestions, thanks.

Sciazaratek
06-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure ,
you might create a new toon and run it over to humania .

Also might do something like notyocookiez , just in a running video , try to use a camera to film it on your device.

ImHawk
06-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Id say...
Gogogogogo full encouragement here:)
Great Game with little attention on YouTube:)
If you decide to make it send me the link of your channel:)
You've got one subscriber in your hands!
Good Luck

Zeus
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Honestly, swim, if you're not going to do voice over, you'll have a hard time maintaining the attention of your audience, just saying.

Sooo, if you want it to be successful, I highly suggest you use VoiceOver.

OvigorothO
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Why not learn how to play on chrome and record the gameplay with some screen recording software?

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Still need ideas and suggestions, thanks.

Daily Life With Swimmy?

Show what you do on a normal pocket legends day, and make it interesting! Add some Surpirsing stuff each time.

(:

Swimmingstar
06-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Nothing you can do like making things in minecraft so I've decided just to make random PL videos. Thanks guys!

Jugernugetx
06-24-2012, 09:50 PM
I dunno what it would be about exactly, but if anyone else is allowed in, please make me a character:)