PDA

View Full Version : "Drop" Chances Changed?

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Is it me, or do drops seem to be less over the last few days. I'm often in AO2 and previously I used to get quite good drops from Djinns and Aliens, etc. (several greens, if not a few purple or pinks) but the last few days seem to have had really bad (I'm getting many more whites) and very infrequent drops.

I'm not aware that anything has changed, but has the introduction of luck potions changed standard drop rates or are there some other special "rules" that limit drops (e.g. if you already have x items in your inventory, drops are given of similar items; or if you go to area x too many times, drops are reduced, etc.)

And even if I use luck potions, occassionally I get a re-roll but still the drops seem less frequent and of less quality that previously.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just being unlucky at the moment?

Furrawn
08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Is it me, or do drops seem to be less over the last few days. I'm often in AO2 and previously I used to get quite good drops from Djinns and Aliens, etc. (several greens, if not a few purple or pinks) but the last few days seem to have had really bad (I'm getting many more whites) and very infrequent drops.

I'm not aware that anything has changed, but has the introduction of luck potions changed standard drop rates or are there some other special "rules" that limit drops (e.g. if you already have x items in your inventory, drops are given of similar items; or if you go to area x too many times, drops are reduced, etc.)

And even if I use luck potions, occassionally I get a re-roll but still the drops seem less frequent and of less quality that previously.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just being unlucky at the moment?

Oh- it's not your imagination. I've seen other people saying that. In AO2 there seem to be a lot more of drops for everyone that are just whites and yellows from bosses like Zmoxx...

I don't see how the luck potion could/would affect the drops since a lot of folks I play with don't use them anymore...

Maybe using the luck potions has just caused us all to be more aware of the drops and that's why they seem worse...

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Well the luck potion addition could have effected it - perhaps some code was changed and as a result - either intentional or not - drops aren't as frequent or "high".

Raxie
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
really? i got 1 khopesh of thoth and 1 plasma of thoth in about 100 runs.
and a shock lance in about 300 runs. you just need to farm a lot.

PvpLegend
08-22-2010, 05:46 PM
i got 2 zuraz lvl 45 in 20 run :D evrybody was mad at me lol

Furrawn
08-22-2010, 06:23 PM
We had the zuraz and the conqueror's lance both drop within like 10 runs and nobody was using luck potions. I really think that using the potions for a day caused me to pay more attention now. I used to only pay attention to pink drops. For me, I know I scrutinize drops nowadays rather than the drops are less good.