PDA

View Full Version : "Do Not Disturb" flag/feature

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a "do not disturb" flag/option that can easily be toggled on and off that would turn on/off certain features, like being invited to games, having tells sent to, being asked to trade, etc.

The reason for asking that sometimes I'm in-game, just chilling or wanting to sort through my inventory but I'm being chatted to, invited to games, asked to trade, etc. by people, some of which are my friends or even strangers and it's a bit annoying.

If this does seem a good idea, it could be taken to have an options screen like:

Two columns for Friends and Non-Friends with toggles for:

Show tells
Show invites
Show friends requests
Show trade requests
etc.

...where people can select yes or no. If no, then the requestor/chatter/whomever gets a message saying "XYZ does not want to be disturbed right now, please try later".

Thoughts?

vulgarstrike
08-22-2010, 07:53 AM
how about. simply a show offline mode

Hotndots
08-22-2010, 08:09 AM
How do you show as offline?

Dharken
08-22-2010, 10:32 AM
I like this idea but i wouldnt bother with a screen of toggles. Seems like overkill.

I would love to see a do not disturb or AFK option that blocks all Tells, trade requests, game invites and friend requests though.

Spiritualist
08-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Aye, perhaps the AFK enhancement request can really achieve the same thing.

setec
08-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm all for this. I think we should be able to toggle general chat (SAY), private chats (TELL), game invites, trades etc.

One thing, I think if you have the Ignore Trade invites turned on that it should auto-reply to the person saying "This player is not available to trade right now".

Same with game invites "This player is currently ignoring game invites".

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Toggles could be overkill but they certainly allow more flexibility for users. An example that many might have experienced - sitting in town, I often get newbies come to me and request TRADE but they really have nothing they want to do, sell, etc. So perhaps I might want to sit in town and chat, but not be bombared with other trade-type messages.