PDA

View Full Version : Completing the levels or no drops?

Weren
08-22-2010, 08:42 AM
So today i went on my first alien oasis boss run on level 4. We got to the end but there was no boss. One fellow said it was because someone in the group hadnt completed all the levels yet. Am i missing something i thought they got rid of the mandatory level completing.

cry
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
You probably did a game that had already been farmed. Who ever said that was a fool.

Royce
08-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Nope what happened is that you cleared a farmed map. A lot of players run through the maps skipping by all the common mobs, only to kill the boss at the end and then leave. If some unfortunate players join that game after the party has left, and don't realize that it's a farmed map, this sort of thing can happen.

cry
08-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow that was a shame, clearing 100 or so trash mobs and no boss.

Furrawn
08-22-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm so sorry.
Give AO2 another chance. Fighting Zmoxx the first time is lots of fun...

Yeah, it was a rush farmed game that you joined:( The easy thing to do is lock games so that doesn't happen but sometimes there aren't enough friends on, etc etc... I often think how much easier it would be if we could mark games "rush, kill everyone but trash mobs, or clear map."

Yardsalez
08-22-2010, 09:30 AM
All you have to do is look and see if the game creator is in the game and at entrance and ur good

Royce
08-22-2010, 09:38 AM
All you have to do is look and see if the game creator is in the game and at entrance and ur good

This is what I do, but it isn't good to teach as a general lesson, and only applies because of the predominance of boss rush farming. In many cases joining a game with the creator gone is fine, it just means that they left the game earlier. But now that no one plays consecutive maps, and everybody just rushes, there are different rules. The more I think about all this garbage, the more I wish they would nerf the silly rush...

Yardsalez
08-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I like rushing though haha would you rather spend 30 minutes killing trash or get a chance of getting a rare pink in 5 min?

Royce
08-22-2010, 09:51 AM
I like rushing though haha would you rather spend 30 minutes killing trash or get a chance of getting a rare pink in 5 min?

Honestly I'm kind of torn. I do like to get my gear, and get it as fast as possible. Then again, playing PvE is my favorite part of this game, and rush farming (along with Mynas gen style leveling) has completely killed PvE play in this game. You just can't find a group that actually wants to play the game, like go through maps the intended way. So unless you're all about PvP, I would ask what's the point of farming top gear? Just to show it off in town, or use it to farm more gear to sell so you can build up crazy amounts of gold you will never need and brag about how rich you are? Really, rush farming is overall a bad thing IMO, taking this game in a bad direction.

Yardsalez
08-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I would use it to get gold haha i only have like 590k right now i want more haha

Royce
08-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I would use it to get gold haha i only have like 590k right now i want more haha

See, I think a lot of people think this way. Honestly, you shouldn't ever need more than 590k, that's just ridiculous IMO. I really hope this game isn't moving toward becoming a glorified dopewars style game where it's all about buying, selling, and building a bank. It seems like it is taking steps in that direction, and it would be a shame, since there is actually an excellent action RPG under there somewhere that people seem to have forgotten about over the past campaign or two...

Snakespeare
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Wow, how can they have made it possible for a level 45 to rush farm in AO2? Those mobs must be creampuffs. You shouldn't be able to rush farm on a map where the mobs are yellow threat level. They should have made the mobs tougher.

You know, why don't people have the decency to put a password on a solo game? Just thinking about themselves, I guess.

Yardsalez
08-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I dont really care if i have lots of money or not it kind of does matter incase you need to buy something when ao3 comes

Royce
08-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I dont really care if i have lots of money or not it kind of does matter incase you need to buy something when ao3 comes

Everyone seems to be constantly planning for some big future purchase they will likely never make. Honestly I have had no difficulty outfitting all my characters in the gear I wanted for them with each new campaign release, and I have never spent more than 60k or so on an item, and that much only a couple of times.