PDA

View Full Version : Rawriloveyou's PvP Build and Gear Selection Guide Thingyyy!!!!!

between
06-24-2012, 04:25 AM
So like I have been playing this game for a little over a week now, and one thing I have noticed is that virtually no one talks about their build like its some super secret build to win.

well im here to talk about mine.

(note: This is my first guide like thingy I have ever done so be patient with my explanations <_< )
(note: If any of my information is blatantly incorrect, then please let me know and I will adjust accordingly!)
(note: I AM ONLY LEVEL 20 BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STATS ON GEAR IS 1-2 POINTS SO THE CONCEPT IS THE SAME. Feel free to tell me I'm doing it wrong or I shouldnt talk because I'm not 21. This build runs me on average 4:1 a game now in CTF/DM now, against 21's. It works very very very well for me and thats all I care about.)
(note: I have respecced about 10 times so far, and have all 3 legendary sets for my level [no plat gear]. I have mixed and matched every possible way between gear and skills)

First I will talk about skill selection, since I belive that makes a HUGE impact on any build in this game.

As you can see, I chose the cookie cutter jump/rats setup. I put 2 points in vamp str because I belive it is a nessesity in any build to be anywhere near competative. I also added an extra point in Fatal Burst, and Hell blades. The reason for those two extra points is because Leap and Vermin Swarm are extremely powerfull attacks, and I feel that Fatal Burst and Hell Blades needed an extra boost in damage to stay on par with Swarm/Leap [THIS IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF MY GEAR SELECTION](I would like to experament with dropping one point off of Hell Blades and adding it to Fatal Burst[With this setup the tool tip is average 200dmg for FB at 3rd tier]but I need to be 21 to try it v.v )

I did not chose to put a point into Vamp Vitality because 100 hp is ~1 second of a rats tick, which does not seem to be a game breaker.

My hotbar consists of VS/FB/Leap/HB.

Skill usage is always situational, but a basic combination is this:
Charge Swarm
Charge FB
Tap Leap
Tap HB

Now that is basic upon basic of combinations, more indepth could be something like this:
[Enemy comes from a distance so your first attack is at 12 meters]
Charge Swarm [Get in range, then release]
[Get out of range (especially if they didnt fb/swarm you)]
Charge FB [Get in range, release]
[Get 6 meters]
Tap Leap
Auto Attack
Auto Attack
Charge Hell Blades
[If still alive continue on]
[Get some range]
Tap Leap
Tap Hell Blades
[If they are not dead then you are S.O.L. trolololol]

I like to start with a charged Swarm because it is on the longest CD in the build, charged does more DPS, and it knocks them out of range, so if you time it right you wont get hit by their Swarm/FB. Plus a second rats always = dead enemy (unless they grab a heart) Then charge FB to lock them in place, by this time if they opened with FB you are not just standing there looking at eachother waiting for the root to drop lol, and then its easyer to run up and leap.

Dont bother charging Leap, I've played with it quite a bit and have not noticed any game breaking differences in damage.

Auto attacking...... I hate to have to explain its importance in virtually any game out there, but I have noticed that 90% of players that I run into spam 4 attacks AND JUST STAND THERE OR RUN AROUND waiting for something to come off CD. THIS IS NOT CORRECT. That is a waist of time. Auto attacks do great damage in this game, and if the play style wasnt built on having so many ranged aoe root stun locks, then I would tell everyone to weave an AA in between every skill for maximum DPS. I have no raw numbers on AA damage VS Skill damage, but I have to say that it makes a HUGE difference throwing in auto attacks, charged auto attacks, anything when our skills are on CD (I personally dont like charged AA because when you are near a switch it messes with it, and because I play with a keyboard, I can tap my AA(spacebar) at the same exact time I spam tap a skill on CD lol).

And last, Hell Blades does not need to be charged, but IF YOU HAVE TIME then definatly charge it. The Knockdown from leap is about 1-2 seconds(not exact) that is 1-2 seconds where you can do anything in the whole world to them and they cant do anything back. Hell Blades charge is 1 second, so you throw in 2 quick auto attacks and charge HB and ur g2g.

Keep in mind that what I just explained is basic. Everything is situational in any pvp game. Play around with it, find what you like and just do it.

********zzzz nap time -.-;;;;****************

Now to gear.

I chose for my gear selection to go defensive.
To be exact, Defense weapon, HP red gem, defense purple gem, HP blue gem, defense yellow gem.

I feel that this gear setup gives me enough defense to mitigate a decent amount of raw damage (especially in zergs), and has enough HP so that I dont get 1 shot by rats lol. (Gear can also be situational, like if I know I keep going up against someone who stacks all attack gear I will swap out the HP stuff for Defense stuff and 1 shot them with swarm while i dance around them dodging everything they throw at me trololololol)From my understanding, the only gem slot that makes a difference what you put in it is the purple one. The Attack and HP purple gems seem to have less attack and less HP than the other gems, but defense is the same, so if you do use this build MAKE SURE PURPLE GEM IS DEFENSE.

This gear build is proportional to my play style so choose something different if you wish. Most people would prefer more HP.

I personally noticed more survivability having 155 defense and 860 HP, than having like 115 Defense and 1050 HP. IF THE SHOE FITS THEN U BETTER WEAR IT.

I am working on a PvP video atm, so people can see how my play style fits with my build :D

Thanks for reading, I hope this can help you all with future build ideas(THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX) and tell me whatcha think!!!!
<3

between
06-24-2012, 04:25 AM
zzzzz reserved zzzzzzz

just in case :p

Floating
06-24-2012, 11:38 AM
nice build between :) On 21 the gems for defense are tutelage. Why don't you choose to use shadow dance?

between
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I actually really like Shadow dance, but I feel like you sacrifice too much for it. You already have to put a point in Hell Blades because its a Leap pre-req so you might as well use it!

If you could have more than 4 skills on the hotbar, I would definatly grab it lol

Lordraven
06-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Hi rawriloveu. Its a hell of a post there. and i cn tell u really did put an effort to understand. but heres my question. i see that u have 860 plus minus something health. If u have a lvl 2 fatal burst or a lvl 3 fatal burst for example, u consume nearly 100 plus blood using that move. i think u have the right idea but u need to be alive in order to execute all those? and 155 defence helps u with melee combat but not skills. i mean once u get hit by vermin. The defence wont really help u. unless i am mistaken and u do have more than 1000 health. Its just a thought. not challenging ur build by any means

Qingsanale1st
06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
like lordraven said, fburst will eat up at your hp...
and you can fairly often miss with hellblades or leap ( unless you zoom in )

Floating
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
The reason I at least max health is because defense makes your hp regen not that bigger (like 1 or 2 points bigger).
I tried sacrificing 300 gold for 180 def yesterday but you do not wanna know what happened @.@
Plus 2fb=100+ hp loss so having 800 hp only does not help. Since you are still 20 this can be changed at 21 because of the items. I would recommend a more offensive build with 100+ attack defense and dps, 1100+ health and 60+ damage.
I can't remember my stats at 20 though so it is not possible for me to tell you exactly what I mean

between
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm at work ATM so I can't go into full detail right now about these responses... but I just wanted to point out that at 860 HP tier 2 skills use 55hp and tier 3 use 77. At 1200 HP tier 2 uses 72hp and tier 3 uses 108. (Finger math so it may not be exact x.x)Keep in mind it scales at 3/6/9% of your total HP.

I'd also like to point out what may be a bug.... I've only noticed in pvp, but if you don't have enough HP like say ur running around at 1hp looking for a heart you can still use ur skills. Ihave gotten quite a few kills at 1hp either getting a lucky burst on an unsuspecting target, or on a target which everything is on CD and I Dodge their autoattacks and leap comes off CD.

Also tier 2fb is rediculous for snagging the flag carrier. Rats/fb combo with this build will kill a flag carrier 90% of the time and for the other 10% just use leap to finish.

I'd also like to add that since the update dropped today this guide will most likely become null. Between the future gear/stat selection and from what I heard plat gear should be more affordable, it will most likely open up more options that would be more efficient. Depending on the outcome, I may make huge changes to this guide or delete and remake lol. Only time will tell :s

between
06-27-2012, 04:46 PM
zzzzz the update called for a compleeeeeettteeeeee makeover lol.

ill probly just let this thread die and make a new one when i finish testing, and getting 26 >_<

so for now....
watch out, you've got more punishment in store ;o