PDA

View Full Version : How to Grind to 71. Costs and Times included.

Ixillicus
06-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Let's look at a quick cost-benefit analysis of levelling in Humania doing thrasher runs VS running in Mega Maze.

Humania
Thrasher Runs - 36 plat per hour (assuming guild hall)
Average XP/hour = 7k (Sandbar Lagoon - full group of Thrashers)

Time To get 100k xp: 14h 12m
Cost To get 100k xp: 514 platinum

Mega Maze - Run level, do not clear all arms of the maze. Take direct path to end, using AOE to clear some of the side areas from the intersections.
Thrasher Runs (Solo)
Thrasher + XP Anywhere cost per hour: 96 plat per hour (36 + (5p*12)) (Assuming Guild Hall, No discounts for XP pots)
Average XP/hour:13k (Soloing, so technically a full group would get more xp per run)

Time To get 100k xp: 7h 42m
Cost To get 100k xp: 739 platinum

So in conclusion, using Mega Maze will take you approximately half the time to achieve your target. However it will costs about 50% more platinum. So you may wish to choose which is more valuable to you, time or money.

To address the concern of the benefit of farming. You will make considerably more gold just by liquidating drops from 14 hours of playing on the beach. You will make less gold from grinding the maze but you will get tons of kills for your KDR. Also, in my experience, your likelihood of getting a valuable pink is about the same using either method. I personally find the drop rate in Humania discouragingly low.

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Very nice statistical data. Just what I like to read about. In reality, 14 hours isnt that bad so it is better to run Humania to save plat and have the chance (tho small) of getting a good drop.

Thanks, Remi

JaytB
06-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks! Useful and detailed guide :)

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 07:55 AM
I can't read....

JaytB
06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
I can't read....

Forgot to wear your glasses, old man?

And yes, I saw what you originally wrote :p

Jugernugetx
06-24-2012, 08:39 AM
With 1.5's: You can make level cap just as easy with 1.5's, unless you really like pvp, DONT waste platinum!!
Cost: 2000 gold per every two runs if you have good runs. If they aren't the best runs then every run you'll need to repurchase.
Time: Every 6-9 runs (depending on greatness of team) you will get 1k, Taking you almost 20-25 minutes (believe me, i'm a pro lol)
Level cap?: If you do about 7k a day (like i will) you will level in exactly only 14 days! only with 1.5's!! Good luck!
Where: Devils coast or sandbar Lagoon!
~Jugernuget

Chopper
06-24-2012, 09:02 AM
With 1.5's: You can make level cap just as easy with 1.5's, unless you really like pvp, DONT waste platinum!!
Cost: 2000 gold per every two runs if you have good runs. If they aren't the best runs then every run you'll need to repurchase.
Time: Every 6-9 runs (depending on greatness of team) you will get 1k, Taking you almost 20-25 minutes (believe me, i'm a pro lol)
Level cap?: If you do about 7k a day (like i will) you will level in exactly only 14 days! only with 1.5's!! Good luck!
~Jugernuget

great advice. 7k a day at how many hours per day?

Jugernugetx
06-24-2012, 09:11 AM
i stop alot so im not sure

Vuvuzaylor
06-24-2012, 09:24 AM
well, the only thing which misses right now are 500 plat lol ;)

thecrankybearsam
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
14h? jeez. But good job

Dynastu
06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Don't listen to me!

TANKKAAR
06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Great stuff remi !! Im going for 71 in a few weeks and needed to know....

Ill get you some rep when it returns :)

JaytB
06-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I found another quick way to level to 71.

Go to Balefort Magic Castle with one other person. The layout of Magic Castle is something roughly like this-

| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |

-ent-

(^hope that worked). When you spawn at the entrance, kill all enemies directly in front of the entrance. After this, have one friend run down the left column and the other person run down the right column. Neither person should kill anything, just gather the enemies. Keep running down the columns until you both meet at the top of the middle column. Once here, both people attack all of the enemies and kill them. Do not bother with the middle column, not many enemies here. Remake. This made me about 2250 xp in five minutes, not a lie. This works out to be a little over 25k xp an hour.

Note: You only need two potions. A 4x xp potion, and enable xp. Don't bother with thrashers, get the 30 platinum 4x xp pot. The reason why being that the enemies can only run so fast. They don't have speed elixirs, and you're gathering them, not killing. So you don't really need the speed elixir, and ofc you don't really need the damage/armor elixirs.

That sounds interesting :)

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 11:58 AM
That sounds interesting :)

Sounds more like a plan! ;)

BoomBox
06-24-2012, 12:03 PM
This is what I've been doin if you with least 3 people 1 can run left 1down the middle and 1 on right then pull the middle room and boom! :)

Pandamoni
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Good guide :) now, the real question is: "why the rush?"

JaytB
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Note: You only need two potions. A 4x xp potion, and enable xp. Don't bother with thrashers, get the 30 platinum 4x xp pot. The reason why being that the enemies can only run so fast. They don't have speed elixirs, and you're gathering them, not killing. So you don't really need the speed elixir, and ofc you don't really need the damage/armor elixirs.

at 25k xp an hour, that would mean you'd be 71 in 4 hours :o

Or in other words...

You'd need 12 'xp anywhere' pots per hour(12*5m= 1h), for 5 plat each: 12*5 = 60plat. For 4 hours of grinding to 100k xp (4*25k xp= 100k xp, and a happy dance for reaching 71), that would make: 4*60= 240plat

Together with 4 'xp only pots', for 30plat each: 4*30= 120

That would make 360plat to go from 70 to 71 :O

As Crimson said, that DOES look like a plan O.O

JaytB
06-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Good guide :) now, the real question is: "why the rush?"

Partypooper :p

Dynastu
06-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I forgot to factor in two things that may affect your results: the amount of time it takes for the enemies to run to the top of the middle column and the fact that brawlers can stun. If you use high dodge gear, the latter may not be a problem. But overall it could make it closer to 20-23k xp an hour.

Chopper
06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I forgot to factor in two things that may affect your results: the amount of time it takes for the enemies to run to the top of the middle column and the fact that brawlers can stun. If you use high dodge gear, the latter may not be a problem. But overall it could make it closer to 20-23k xp an hour.

20k-23k per hour is still twice what Fang was giving on thrashers per hour.

Curious, Enable XP elixirs, do they give you a 1xp per kill? Are enemies Blue color coded?

for example, when you get to a new campaign, the enemies are red and give 1.5xp bonus automatically i think.

Pandamoni
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Partypooper :p

Lol! Seriously, though, the last campaign I actually ENJOYED leveling to cap was sewers. People would talk, laugh, form friendships. As it stands, people are, understandably, trying to maximize their time on thrasher so it is annoying when people talk when the group is grinding. For me, a big aspect of the game is the social aspect. I just find it more enjoyable (and it feels like more of an accomplishment) when I'm not racing to nowhere.

Mothwing
06-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Lol! Seriously, though, the last campaign I actually ENJOYED leveling to cap was sewers. People would talk, laugh, form friendships. As it stands, people are, understandably, trying to maximize their time on thrasher so it is annoying when people talk when the group is grinding. For me, a big aspect of the game is the social aspect. I just find it more enjoyable (and it feels like more of an accomplishment) when I'm not racing to nowhere.

I remember those runs! Good times...

JaytB
06-24-2012, 01:18 PM
My first 5 minutes, admittedly not ideal (d/c late joins...), were around 1k xp for 5 mins. Don't really see myself getting 2.25k xp per 5 minutes, but I got to admit I could've done a whole lot better.

Guess, it's back to testing more soon.

@Panda I know you like to chat a lot, and agree that things have become a bit more 'silent'. Personally, I think it's because STS made chatting while running, virtually impossible.

In the past, it was fairly easy to have a conversation while grinding or doing other things, because you could easily control your character while typing. Now, if you want to say something in guild chat, or respond to a PM, you have to actually stop running or use that awkward tap-to-run thing.

For me at least, that's the main reason I chat less during runs.

Mothwing
06-24-2012, 01:20 PM
STS should make a spectator camera for the people that wanna chat :D Probably wouldn't help the grinders though...

Dynastu
06-24-2012, 01:20 PM
My first 5 minutes, admittedly not ideal (d/c late joins...), were around 1k xp for 5 mins. Don't really see myself getting 2.25k xp per 5 minutes, but I got to admit I could've done a whole lot better.

Guess, it's back to testing more soon.

@Panda I know you like to chat a lot, and agree that things have become a bit more 'silent'. Personally, I think it's because STS made chatting while running, virtually impossible.

In the past, it was fairly easy to have a conversation while grinding or doing other things, because you could easily control your character while typing. Now, if you want to say something in guild chat, or respond to a PM, you have to actually stop running or use that awkward tap-to-run thing.

For me at least, that's the main reason I chat less during runs.
I just saw similar results... I got exactly 1k xp in 5 minutes, which is strange, because I got 2.25k before :/
Unless I get closer to 2k then it's back to boring old mega maze.

Dynastu
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I keep getting xp around 1.2k per 5 mins, which makes me guess that I didn't remember the amount or xp I started with correctly, and got the thousands place incorrect... I'm so sorry if I wasted anybody's platinum, editing that post.

I should've tested this more than once before I posted, and it was stupid of me not to lol. Sorry, don't listen to me again :D

JaytB
06-24-2012, 02:12 PM
I keep getting xp around 1.2k per 5 mins, which makes me guess that I didn't remember the amount or xp I started with correctly, and got the thousands place incorrect... I'm so sorry if I wasted anybody's platinum, editing that post.

I should've tested this more than once before I posted, and it was stupid of me not to lol. Sorry, don't listen to me again :D

Hahaha, don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. It was an interesting experiment :)

Otukura
06-24-2012, 02:17 PM

That's still 14.4k an hour, higher than megamaze and for less plat.

@Jay, tap to run really isn't so bad after you get used to it. I've been doing it since like Feb of last year and the joystick seems terrible now.

Pandamoni
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
STS should make a spectator camera for the people that wanna chat :D Probably wouldn't help the grinders though...

That would be great lol...

Rauekat
06-24-2012, 04:01 PM
~Jugernuget
TY fellow guildy ;) onlt the strong suvive on 1.5x! :P

Blind
06-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Nice guide bro. I'm not going for 71 until they pump up the drop rate. (Btw nice strategical move sts :p)

JaytB
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
@Jay, tap to run really isn't so bad after you get used to it. I've been doing it since like Feb of last year and the joystick seems terrible now.

I guess I'm just getting old. I probably just need more time to get used to it. Tried it just a bit earlier today, I still suck at it.

Alright then, more practice it is. :D

The Flash
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
this guild would be usefull if I could gain xp. A little late lol

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 06:42 PM
I guess I'm just getting old. I probably just need more time to get used to it. Tried it just a bit earlier today, I still suck at it.

Alright then, more practice it is. :D

Arthritis sucks, huh?? ;)

Jugernugetx
06-24-2012, 08:10 PM
@Rauekat np! good luck :p lol

JaytB
06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Arthritis sucks, huh?? ;)

You would get arthritis with where they placed the frikkin joystick on an iPad! :D