PDA

View Full Version : Best tank weapon in-game?

Shebee
04-19-2010, 03:31 AM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9518/72414529.jpg
What do you say?

Splurd
04-19-2010, 03:39 AM
The only real good bit is the 2h/s...?

Shebee
04-19-2010, 03:45 AM
+7 strength...

Splurd
04-19-2010, 03:52 AM
which nets a whooping... 3.5 hp?

Well, it might help your str reach a point where you gain another h/s though.

Try it and see, how much your hp and hp/s changes when you equip and as without.

Shebee
04-19-2010, 03:55 AM
I havent seen anh better ones yet and str is the stat you want for tanking anyway, and the hps isnt tat terrible.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Hmmm I would think defence is a better stat. 1 def vs 10 hp, I'd take the 1 def.

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Well str isn't purely for health. Hopefully they'll clarify exactly what each attribute does specifically, and also bolster what the strength attribute does.

EddyBumba
04-19-2010, 04:45 AM
It's my current weapon.
I haven't seen many pinks other than weapons and almost all for other classes. An official loot table would help, I'm worried tanks are getting a bad deal but I hope not.

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
im reviving this thread, gonna post something in a sec

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
ok this is what i think is currently the best. Take your pick 2%dodge or 1st & 2h/s
- They both drop in The Magic Castle

I'm gonna swap the Spike Axe of Ahnold over to my warrior next patch. Funny the epic is better than the Legendary version imo. Please offer your input in on this Deathshock. Thanks

http://i42.tinypic.com/fye6w4.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/2vjsocy.png

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
ok this is what i think is currently the best. Take your pick 2%dodge or 1st & 2h/s
- They both drop in The Magic Castle

I'm gonna swap the Spike Axe of Ahnold over to my warrior next patch. Funny the epic is better than the Legendary version imo. Please offer your input in on this Deathshock. Thanks

http://i42.tinypic.com/fye6w4.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/2vjsocy.png

Just off of person opinion I would go with the 2h/s and 1 str. But to be quite honest I don't think the difference is significant enough to have to worry over.
With taunt and Evade you have around 50% dodge which is quite enough and 2% more won't make a difference. And it all comes down to those little tiny details that you have to leave to chance. 2% dodge is a 1/50 shot to save a hit, which could potentially save you. The 2 H/s provides something that is always there that would otherwise take ~45 more str to get.

I don't farm high levels enough right now and for that reason I don't have all the legendary and epic items so I can't really tell what's best. I plan to buy them when trade comes out with the money that I'm getting from farming right now.

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Just off of person opinion I would go with the 2h/s and 1 str. But to be quite honest I don't think the difference is significant enough to have to worry over.
With taunt and Evade you have around 50% dodge which is quite enough and 2% more won't make a difference. And it all comes down to those little tiny details that you have to leave to chance. 2% dodge is a 1/50 shot to save a hit, which could potentially save you. The 2 H/s provides something that is always there that would otherwise take ~45 more str to get.

I don't farm high levels enough right now and for that reason I don't have all the legendary and epic items so I can't really tell what's best. I plan to buy them when trade comes out with the money that I'm getting from farming right now.

Hmm makes sense :) Ill probably stick with the Spike-Axe of Legend, Thank You

I think this is all that there is out there currently or at least all that i have come upon:

Spike-Axe of Legend
Spike-Axe of Ahnold
Frosty Axe of Legend
Frosty Axe of Ahnold
Pick-Axe of Legend
Pick-Axe of Ahnold

The new patch only has item trade i thought.. Gold trading is later, you're probably talking about the latter future when everything is implemented?

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Hmm makes sense :) Ill probably stick with the Spike-Axe of Legend, Thank You

I think this is all that there is out there currently or at least all that i have come upon:

Spike-Axe of Legend
Spike-Axe of Ahnold
Frosty Axe of Legend
Frosty Axe of Ahnold
Pick-Axe of Legend
Pick-Axe of Ahnold

The new patch only has item trade i thought.. Gold trading is later, you're probably talking about the latter future when everything is implemented?

Not sure? I'm probably wrong but I thought gold trading is part of trading in general. The first step they are taking is a "gift"ing option which isn't trading technically speaking (of course you could agree to give items to each other).

And where the hell is "Ahnold" from? Is it from saying Arnold funny?

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Not sure? I'm probably wrong but I thought gold trading is part of trading in general. The first step they are taking is a "gift"ing option which isn't trading technically speaking (of course you could agree to give items to each other).

And where the hell is "Ahnold" from? Is it from saying Arnold funny?

LOL Governor of Cali hahah. that was exactly what i was thinking.. pretty funny. I have so many epics and Legendarys i need to dump into trade

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL Governor of Cali hahah. that was exactly what i was thinking.. pretty funny. I have so many epics and Legendarys i need to dump into trade

I sure as hell hope they allow you to send gold lol. Otherwise I'm relatively screwed for the beginning of trade. I have a few legendary/epics but other than that I just got a pocketful of gold.

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I sure as hell hope they allow you to send gold lol. Otherwise I'm relatively screwed for the beginning of trade. I have a few legendary/epics but other than that I just got a pocketful of gold.

well if gold trade isn't applied to trade in the patch. just find me in game on either chars ill trade you 1 for 1. WE're probably not going to be able to use all the gold we have in the near future lol. maybe they should make starting a guild cost 200 000 gold or something and character stat re-rolls 10 000

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:59 PM
well if gold trade isn't applied to trade in the patch. just find me in game on either chars ill trade you 1 for 1. WE're probably not going to be able to use all the gold we have in the near future lol. maybe they should make starting a guild cost 200 000 gold or something and character stat re-rolls 10 000

Can't wait bro. I hope the new version comes out asap, gotta find something to do besides farming lol. I'mma try to hit 10k kills today, wonder if any other wars have hit that yet.

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Can't wait bro. I hope the new version comes out asap, gotta find something to do besides farming lol. I'mma try to hit 10k kills today, wonder if any other wars have hit that yet.

haha you must be pretty close. maybe thats what ill try to do on the warrior. i don't think there's a point to catch up to loso on my archer haha

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
come to think of it death, ill probably swap the 4 points from crippling slash to hellscream 1 from beckon.. and have 5/5hellscream, 5/5taunt, and 4/5beckon

Azrael
04-22-2010, 05:59 PM

You know you could start another class too, i like have 2 level 30's and im working on my archer now, i think its worth it for multiple reasons...

I have 2 green version of the pick axe and they are pretty much just as good. Crit instead of h/s or dodge, but im currently soloing mega maze mash up over and over again trying to find it.

Atm i have a hybrid tanking / Damage build which i find extremely effective. I have found it unnecessary to have all the tanking skills. With my build i can seamlessly switch from my tanking weapons to my lvl 30 sword of darkness, and honestly with the new stun locks i can tank with both. I'm gonna post my warrior cause he is pretty much finished gear wise.. but i've been lazy. for the moment...

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
You know you could start another class too, i like have 20 level 30's and im working on my archer now, i think its worth it for multiple reasons...

I have 2 green version of the pick axe and they are pretty much just as good. Crit instead of h/s or dodge, but im currently soloing mega maze mash up over and over again trying to find it.

Atm i have a hybrid tanking / Damage build which i find extremely effective. I have found it unnecessary to have all the tanking skills. With my build i can seamlessly switch from my tanking weapons to my lvl 30 sword of darkness, and honestly with the new stun locks i can tank with both. I'm gonna post my warrior cause he is pretty much finished gear wise.. but i've been lazy. for the moment...

i hope your 20 level 30s is a typo haha..and u meant to say 2

yea you're right, you can do decent damage just with that 2hand and auto attack lol. with iron blood you have just about as much armor.. and taunt with the dodge.. just alternate the 2 skills. im gonna keep my warrior strictly for tanking unless im farming. i have a dpser already

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah haha, 20 level 30s. Hmm. haha

Nah, but honestly I'm good bro. I don't find the need in playing more than one char. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Azrael
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
yea i meant 2 level 30s... having twenty is beyond no-lifeing a game.

I totally hear you Deathshock, first time ive ever played an mmorpg and wanted to have more than one class, but given the current lack of content i decided to go for it. One of my main reasons is to fully understand all the classes strengths and weaknesses for when pvp comes out. Gonna need all the edge i can get again max-ipad users.

Warrior is by far my fav though. 2h damage and defense is sick. I saw a 30 archer with the exact same gear as my warrior, and his stats were pretty much the same, but warrior skills are superior for melee.

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
yea i meant 2 level 30s... having twenty is beyond no-lifeing a game.

I totally hear you Deathshock, first time ive ever played an mmorpg and wanted to have more than one class, but given the current lack of content i decided to go for it. One of my main reasons is to fully understand all the classes strengths and weaknesses for when pvp comes out. Gonna need all the edge i can get again max-ipad users.

Warrior is by far my fav though. 2h damage and defense is sick. I saw a 30 archer with the exact same gear as my warrior, and his stats were pretty much the same, but warrior skills are superior for melee.

I'm not really playing this game for the PvP to be honest, so I'm not as worried with that. And even with the new tweaks to the warrior, I can't really see it beating a class like the archers down too easy. I'm more looking forward to guild activies, quests, and higher more complex dungeons. And definitely better towns/npcs.

Azrael
04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Well who is to say what will happen with classes by the time pvp comes around, but I hope things are relatively even.

But hey, if you ever want people to play with, come by http://theappradar.com

nathanyc
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Well who is to say what will happen with classes by the time pvp comes around, but I hope things are relatively even.

But hey, if you ever want people to play with, come by http://theappradar.com

PVP will be based on rock, paper, scissors.
Winner gets the kill. That's as fair as it gets!

Splurd
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm not really playing this game for the PvP to be honest, so I'm not as worried with that. And even with the new tweaks to the warrior, I can't really see it beating a class like the archers down too easy. I'm more looking forward to guild activies, quests, and higher more complex dungeons. And definitely better towns/npcs.

A mage with a frost staff or archer with frost bow would defeat a warrior easily =p

Deathshock
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
A mage with a frost staff or archer with frost bow would defeat a warrior easily =p

Exactly haha.

nathanyc
04-23-2010, 03:12 AM
that is unless they disable weapon procs in pvp :) but thing is we still have root and frost

Splurd
04-23-2010, 04:05 AM
that is unless they disable weapon procs in pvp :) but thing is we still have root and frost

and scream.
And repulse arrow.
And we can run and attack, and they cant.

=p

Deathshock
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Something like 5v5 should be fine though.

nathanyc
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
as long as you get to beckon players warriors should be ok for pvp

Speedwell
11-03-2010, 12:55 PM
shock lance all the way

BeardedBear
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
shock lance all the way

You win a prize for digging up one of the oldest threads.

Rextab
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
i do have a question about that actually...so kinda good he dug it up. i have a shock lance (of legend i believe). i have heard others mention a named shock lance...name eludes me at the moment...think it starts with a Z?
is their any particular flavor of shock lance that is better than the other? my legend one seems to have pretty respectable tanking stats on it.

i also have a kopesh and some sort of forked looking sword. they also both seem good stat wise, but i know lances are preferred for their armor breaking proc.

edit:
thanks BB. checked that list. the forked sword i have is Scarab Blade i think (cant remember the type).
i see alot of people tanking with the kopesh. is this simply because they dont have a shock lance or is there some reason to use that weapon?
i've read from other tanks that 1H swords are poor for tanking.

BeardedBear
11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Zuraz Shock Lance, there is also Conquerors. "Of Legend" seems to be the bottom of the list. You can find there stats here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8387-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Alien-Oasis-Part-I-amp-Part-II

Jespo
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
WOW......he actualy wen that deep into them ooold threads

BeardedBear
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
WOW......he actualy wen that deep into them ooold threads

He was digging for sure!

Arterra
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
He was digging for sure!

for gold? was it worth it? i dont really think so...

giayuan
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
hmmm, saw this thread, and was shocked that someone was still playing on the old version -_-
then i saw the date...
posting that legend lance comment is kinda pointless no?
the people who posted on the thread before probably rnt playing anymore