PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate question about flirting in game.

between
06-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Ok. I am a dude IRL, who plays a girl character in game for no other reason besides the fact I have played a girl in every single MMO I have played in my life.

I also like to troll people.

Is it considered wrong in any way shape or form to troll the people who try and flirt with me in game?

Normally someone whispers me and is like "sup ur cute wanna date me?" and I generally respond with "Oh sorry, I am not into men." and thats that.

But today this dude was really slick about it, I mean I knew what he was up to.... But still he was not blatantly trying to get in my characters pants lol so I kind of trolled him a little bit >_>

does that make me a bad person? I have never trolled anyone to a real life extent... So I feel kind of mean x.x;;;

Boredom will be the death of me :s

razerfingers
06-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Dont violate tos and you'll be good :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Flowman
06-24-2012, 03:57 PM
It's all good fun until you start trying to get money and items off them...I'm sure tons of guys with girl accounts prey on the lonely love seeking men out there

StompArtist
06-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I fixed my problem by playing a cross-dresser!

between
06-24-2012, 04:02 PM
rofl i have no intention of trying to get free things from people. I have absolutly no problem making money and finding the gear myself XD

I actually started giving away the gear I dont use as much to people who really looked like they needed it x.x;;;

Glad
06-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Desperate pplz

between
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
now lets say someone asks for a pic.

is it breaking the TOS giving them a link to something other than my picture?

i just wanna know where the line is so i dont cross it >_>

Flowman
06-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I mean they do it all the time on Dateline NBC

StompArtist
06-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Dunno about the TOS but that went past the overly creepy line. Lmao

razerfingers
06-24-2012, 04:21 PM

^^hahahahah

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

between
06-24-2012, 04:22 PM

which part, the asking for pix or the sending pics not of myself... lol

dont worry the pix i would send would just be fail meme's.

and rofl@flowman "why dont you take a seat over there"

people seriously need tips on how to meet women on the internet though for sure :s
I have had a few really good and memorable relationships that spawned from video games, so I know from experience... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
on a side note, i hooked up my best friend with a friend that i played WoW with, and now, 2 years later they are getting married zzzzz

Otukura
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
All good, do it enough and you'll learn to get people to lend you gear.

RedRyder
06-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Just ask Artemis yo! She's a pro

Floating
06-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Just ask Artemis yo! She's a pro

Wanna see her answer to this! ^.^

RedRyder
06-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Wanna see her answer to this! ^.^

It'll be an over exaggerated one, of course :p

Floating
06-25-2012, 11:17 AM
It'll be an over exaggerated one, of course :p

I bet :angel:

Snakespeare
06-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I play Stripperella. You know, the character from the TV show? And guys hit on her, too. Thing is, how can they NOT know I'm a dude? Real women have nicer names. Only a guy like Stan Lee would make up a stripper/superhero. So the usual come on goes like this:

Dude (usually in his underwear): Nice name!
Me: thx
Dude: So... why did you pick that name?
Me: It's a character from a TV show.
Dude: really?
Me: google it
Dude: would you like to be my gf?
Me: [Logout][Logout]

y'know... in the TV show, she'd just kick him where it hurts and move along. But if he was dressed up nice and had a cheerful face, maybe she'd like talk a little and not kick him. Her life is far too complex for a relationship, though. She'd leave him in an expensive restaurant to fight the were-beaver or something.

People gotta start separating illusion from reality better!

Also, STS has an age limit on the game, but I doubt that would work with a judge on a soliciting minors charge! "I was just kidding around" is not a defense.

RedRyder
06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
My main scarleryder's a girl, and I get a lot of "you're hot"'s with my cyber goth gear lol

Snakespeare
06-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Even if I WAS a girl, I wouldn't give them the time of day until they wore something more than utility underwear! LOL!

Roc
06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
It's hilarious. Some people I know like to troll drunk frat boys irl and I crush aspirations in DL XD I mean, my ign isn't even provocative. How is Roc remotely eye-catching? lololol I usually tell them to try eharmony :p

Floating
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I play Stripperella. You know, the character from the TV show? And guys hit on her, too. Thing is, how can they NOT know I'm a dude? Real women have nicer names. Only a guy like Stan Lee would make up a stripper/superhero. So the usual come on goes like this:

y'know... in the TV show, she'd just kick him where it hurts and move along. But if he was dressed up nice and had a cheerful face, maybe she'd like talk a little and not kick him. Her life is far too complex for a relationship, though. She'd leave him in an expensive restaurant to fight the were-beaver or something.

Also, STS has an age limit on the game, but I doubt that would work with a judge on a soliciting minors charge! "I was just kidding around" is not a defense.

Hahaha I will make a char and do that to you whenever you are on ^.^

KillaSkillz
06-25-2012, 03:36 PM

You know the line has been crossed if Chris Hansen asks you to come inside and take a seat. by then it might be too late though. :)

I wouldn't bother with it if I was you.

Snakespeare
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I wonder something. I have thought of saying "I'm a dude" but I never have. Why? Do I worry about being judged for having a female character? That's absurd! Everyone, just about, does it. Do I worry about shattering some child's world because he came on to a guy? That's silly, too, because the game has an age minimum. I think it's simply because I don't want to break character.

So, devs, can we get a kick-em-where-it-hurts emote than causes a temp knockback?

between
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
You know the line has been crossed if Chris Hansen asks you to come inside and take a seat. by then it might be too late though. :)

I wouldn't bother with it if I was you.
funny, i planned on sending them this http://tinyurl.com/28srlsl

which is a tinyurl for this

plmafiaboss
06-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Somebody needs to see my thread on this ;p but nhaa u good. I did it to the extreme once it was so funny

StompArtist
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM

So will your female toon be my male toon's girlfriend?

Matutd
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
All of u saying they're usually in their underwear haha, my main is always in nothing but a yellow hood and a pair of boxer shorts :P

between
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM

if you play with the chrome client, you can do what i do sometimes.

tell them "hey stand still for a second"
then stand behind them really really close so that your bodys are just about touching, they wont have a clue of what ur up to.

and then spam the Q button as fast as possible.

id post a video, for those who cant use chrome to try it, but i might be breaking forum rules :s

and now that i think about it, im pretty sure that no one else can see the animation that ur charector does :|

Airity
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
I see nothing wrong. People should be made a fool of themselves for their own stupidity :).

Guys who do this, try to get outside ;).