PDA

View Full Version : Pink drop rate.

modredd
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
This is the third or fourth post for this issue in the latest campaign but it has yet to be addressed by the developers.
My guild has over 1500 members and I think we might have won less then 20 pinks over the weekend and there needs to be an increase.
What is Spacetime studios going to do to appease the masses so the people that have pinks won't complain that they think the drop rate is fine so they can make money and people such as myself don't have to spend eight million dollars on something.
It's really frustrating and it is really ruining my gaming experience!

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I got a pink today while not on a thrasher (:

Fao
06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
You told me Notyo!:) hahaha, it don't worry about the drop rate, makes it more of a challenge right?!:)

JaytB
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
I agree that drop rates suck...

But... they do drop :D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/288dd3a7.jpg

Swimmingstar
06-24-2012, 09:28 PM
I wish they had another drop rate like in Alien Oasis maps and Skeller Krunch!

FluffNStuff
06-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Friday I had posted the rate was good because i saw a pink drop after 20 runs. Since then it has been over a 100 without a sighting so perhaps it might not be as healthy as I thought.

ghost.mw
06-24-2012, 09:47 PM
They are trying to make PL like SL I think.

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I wish they had another drop rate like in Alien Oasis maps and Skeller Krunch!

Then all pinks would be worth less ),:

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Then all pinks would be worth less ),:

To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.

styg2012
06-24-2012, 10:10 PM
To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.

I wonder how expensive they will become if they can be crafted later on...

McBain
06-24-2012, 10:12 PM
The catch is, if they increase the drop rates too much, then nobody makes money. I personally don't have any problem with how it is now.

And yes, it has been addressed by developers. They adjusted the drop rate on helms in the latest patch.

call it
06-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Personally I think pinks drop too often in other areas of the game, I'm not high enough for humania so cant really comment there.
But, a "pink" is supposedly a "legendary" item. This means, IMO that it should be extremely difficult to get.
If they just dropped all the time it would be boring, and everyone would have great weapons.

Just my opinion. :)

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
The catch is, if they increase the drop rates too much, then nobody makes money. I personally don't have any problem with how it is now.

And yes, it has been addressed by developers. They adjusted the drop rate on helms in the latest patch.

Let's not confuse pixel gold with money. You can't take it with you sobwhat good does it do you to have 3-4 capped players? Nothing.

When I started playing, people gave sets away during runs to help each other out. When Shadow Caves first opened, I was given a full hate set just because soemone had extra. I later returned the favor by providing that person with all the int gear I farmed.

Guess this is a negative side effect of being an adult in a kids game.

McBain
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM

I think it's the opposite, because the rich people are the ones that can afford this gear right now. Therefore, they're spending money and other people are making it. I'm actually a good example of that. I think the most gold I've ever had at one time was maybe 200-300k, and even that took a lot of work. I've was just never lucky on drops for the most part. Finally, this past week I've gotten two pink drops and sold them for millions. Rare items can help to even the playing field.

McBain
06-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Let's not confuse pixel gold with money. You can't take it with you sobwhat good does it do you to have 3-4 capped players? Nothing.

When I started playing, people gave sets away during runs to help each other out. When Shadow Caves first opened, I was given a full hate set just because soemone had extra. I later returned the favor by providing that person with all the int gear I farmed.

Guess this is a negative side effect of being an adult in a kids game.

I hear what you're saying, but I didn't see a solution anywhere. Sure, it's all pixels and Monopoly money, but PL "life" works the same way as real life does, to a certain extent. There a people that have a lot of gold and people who don't. Honestly, if everyone had everything the whole dynamic of the game would be ruined. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a lot of gold (until recently, per my last post).

CrimsonTider
06-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I hear what you're saying, but I didn't see a solution anywhere. Sure, it's all pixels and Monopoly money, but PL "life" works the same way as real life does, to a certain extent. There a people that have a lot of gold and people who don't. Honestly, if everyone had everything the whole dynamic of the game would be ruined. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a lot of gold (until recently, per my last post).

I am not saying "all or none." I am simply stating the costs of these sets are ridiculous. Ever since the intorduction of crafting and set bonuses, the cost of individual pieces, not just sets, has skyrocketed. People just set whatever price they want for gear. Tbis does not happen in real life (except in a true auction setting). I've been around for a long time and understand bow things work. Doesn't make it right tho and as long as this "conforming" continues, it will only get worse.

If drop rates were closer to Sewers, things would be a lot better. These last three updates have been ridiculous.

McBain
06-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, when it comes right down to it, I don't totally disagree with you. I guess I'm just making my own observation.

Edit: Think of this way though: at these high prices, the only people that can afford to be buying Humania gear are people who have a ton of gold. The person selling the gear also has a ton of gold, than nothing has really changed in the overall scheme of things. It's just a few million less in one person's stash and a few less in someone else's. That's not a win or a lose. But if the person selling is just your average player, then suddenly things have equalized a little bit. That's a win-win IMO. It's not perfect, but it's an upside. I actually believe that STS is attempting to regulate the PL economy, and that the drop rates we're seeing play into that, but economy is a tricky thing, be it real world or binary.

MightyMicah
06-24-2012, 11:14 PM
@crimsontider I'm thinking right now that I wanna give you a big hug lol. Couldn't agree with everything you have said more.

I liked what you said about the guy giving you the hate set. I remember that too. It was nice when everyone shared everything with each other. Unfortunately selfishness gets in the way every time.

call it
06-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I think perhaps the point is being missed that the drops are really intended for the player who receives it to use. Sure you're not going to always get str and dex sets or whatever, but if you get a really awesome drop.... the "normal" thing to do now is throw it in CS for 999999..... whereas really the normal thing should be to go "awesome, i'll use it" or "I cant use it, maybe I'll give it to a friend or trade it for another rare drop I can use".

Patricks
06-25-2012, 12:56 AM
I haven't gotten a pink drop yet and I've farmed like 80000 xp since the first day. It really sucks with drop rate BUT I think it HELPS the people that don't have alot of gold because it will keep prices high and more gold will be redistributed.

If pink drop rates were high, prices would be low so then the rich will remain rich and the poor can't sell any pinks to make money because of the low value. I don't think a low drop rate will make the rich richer as someone else said.

However I would like to see trash drops from mobs stopped to stem inflation in the general pl economy. When sewers was the cap, I liked that drop system the best compared to others.

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 03:38 AM
I think my luck ran out in the sewers...hasn't been the same since. I guess you can't be lucky all the time. It just feels like we have to work harder & harder tho. I can't tell the difference if the drop rate has increased at all. The devs say they updated it but how can we tell? It's been the same since Nuri's dried up...Mt.Fang & now Humania. Not to mention Dragon drops...I haven't seen any of those & I don't see to many players running around with those on. Especially the Blue & Red sets, in fact I haven't seen anyone wearing a blue.
All the luck stuff does nothing at all. It's just decoration & I miss those days where the first couple days of a new campaign it would be dropping everything but the kitchen sink. Those days are gone.

NotYoCookiez
06-25-2012, 05:07 AM

Well yeah the prices are high. If someone gets lucky enough they will be able to sell and be rich! Jump on aboard the gold train!

There will not be any point of farming if drops were so low because 1 reason is that I can just buy everything cheap in cs and basically I'm done.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion on this topic but my reason stands that having low drop rates is good. I'm sure if you got a 1mil+ pink you wouldn't be complaining (:

Cahaun
06-25-2012, 06:02 AM
I agree with Crimson. I remember when players actually thought more of other players instead of just striving for personal wealth. I'd give out lots of the things I find to other players at the lvl 50 cap.
(Alien Oasis drop rates are fine. The set pinks are rare. The "junk" pinks are encouraging drops and the other purple and green are actually useful. I do favor the AO2 drop rate a tad bit more)
No wonder the SL beta was great. Everyone was helping other people.

NotYoCookiez
06-25-2012, 06:18 AM
You can't help someone without helping yourself first.

Look at Hunzzz and evolt. They made their personal wealth and gave back to the community.

Why dont you guys give sets to everyone if you miss the good old days? Why be like everyone else and not give away stuff, do what you think is right. After all those giving away days in sewer had to start from just one person then spread (:

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Its always rewarding to help others, I try to when I can. Especially noobs who are really happy when you give them a pink that they could use or maybe some gold so they can buy some 1.5 elixirs to level up. They are blown away when they get stuff that is unexpected. Of course it's hard to tell who needs a lil help & not some con-artist beggar who's greedy just like in RL

ZHEOTARE
06-25-2012, 06:49 AM
(Alien Oasis drop rates are fine. The set pinks are rare. The "junk" pinks are encouraging drops and the other purple and green are actually useful. I do favor the AO2 drop rate a tad bit more)

I agree with this. I think the main issue is that the oranges and greens have become junk, and purples have disappeared. No purples means no re rolls into pinks. To add to that, the low end pinks (no set bonus) rate has decreased. Now the only thing people strive for is the top set.

I personally would like to see them bring back the purples, and make the pink rate like sewers. I only had a few end game set pieces drop to me there, and still never felt gypped. Even AOs end set rate was good. I don't like the other pinks drop rate. I can run AO and end up with 3 Sunblessed Bows, and 5 Plasma Battleswords.

Ultimately, I think they should go back and adjust all the rates to make them the same for all stages of the game.

CrimsonTider
06-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Well yeah the prices are high. If someone gets lucky enough they will be able to sell and be rich! Jump on aboard the gold train!

There will not be any point of farming if drops were so low because 1 reason is that I can just buy everything cheap in cs and basically I'm done.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion on this topic but my reason stands that having low drop rates is good. I'm sure if you got a 1mil+ pink you wouldn't be complaining (:

I never said how much gold I have now. I said the drop rates are beyond ridiculous. Trust me, I have had my fair share of "legendary" drops, made my "millions", and I think it is still outrageous. Remember, some of us have been around long enough to know better. As Z and Cahaun stated, even AO2 was acceptable.

Another thing is knowing the difference between complaining and stating fact. You also have to understand that not everyone has the luxury of waking up and spending all day on PL, 7 days a week.

When only 10 legendary items from Humania are listed after 5 day of leveling and farming: Drop rate is too low.

EDIT: I just noticed all the "bridging the gap" quotes. If youvwanna talk statistics and percentages, we can. Say there are 10,000 players at endgame. (Probably more, people forget that maybe only 10-20% of PL use forums... and that might be generous.) If the drop rate is 1% (and that's being generous also), and everyone did 100 runs, theoretically, you shpuld get a drop every 100 runs. However, just because that is what the statistics say, doesn't mean that is how the statisitics work. You may only have 10 people get a drop: 10 out of 10,000 is .001. You could do 100 more runs and you may get another 10 drops; they could drop to 10 different people or they may drop to the exact same 10. Sound like a good way to make gold to you?

Also, just as in real life, those who get lucky with a quick buck, usually spend that quick buck. It happens in PL all the time. Someone may get a leather but need a robe. They had 200-300k, sold the leather for 5 mil and buy the robe for 5 mil. Back to 200-300k. I assure you that the rich in RL and PL do NOT spend their wealth in this manner.

People have had "millions" since the early days. The same early days that had high pink drop rates. Raising the drop rates will not hurt the PL economy because more people will farm and sell on a regular basis instead of waiting for that "one" drop and stopping for a few weeks (which is what happens.) One of the greatest farmers in the game doesn't play as much anymore because there is no "thrill of the hunt" when the hunt is vacant. (And I can assure you he is one of the richest players in PL.)

Drop rates need increasing.

NotYoCookiez
06-25-2012, 07:25 AM
I never said how much gold I have now. I said the drop rates are beyond ridiculous. Trust me, I have had my fair share of "legendary" drops, made my "millions", and I think it is still outrageous. Remember, some of us have been around long enough to know better. As Z and Cahaun stated, even AO2 was acceptable.

Another thing is knowing the difference between complaining and stating fact. You also have to understand that not everyone has the luxury of waking up and spending all day on PL, 7 days a week.

When only 10 legendary items from Humania are listed after 5 day of leveling and farming: Drop rate is too low.S

Hmm lol I mean complaining about that drop

Not everyone has the luxury of plat also. Still doesn't mean it's not fair!

I agree drop rates are low but I don't agree on making them like alien oasis

demoncrate
06-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I am sort of a new player. Been almost 2 years playing.
I got my first good pink drop in crypt when edward dropped a l65 lilith wand. The trill and excitement at the time of drop, I am sad to say, will probably not be experienced by the wider masses.
With Fang the drop was achievable or buyable. In CS I see the stuff priced extremely high and think well that's me done. All us noobs look for cheaper alternatives, but in humania there are no cheaper alternatives with decent stats.

modredd
06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
What I don't understand is why everything has to be black or white why cant it be gray.
I didn't say the drop rate has to go the alien oasis way but make it better than almost non existent.
Instead of .5 percent of the time or 1 make it 5 percent.
People are not being greedy people a charging prices because of availability, if I won a helm you can guarantee I'd ask for a minimum of 5,000,000 Ive never even seen one drop.
last time we complained in Nuri 2 days it was pink city and we complained again and.
they changed it back to nothing.
The discussion is not do these pinks drop,Yes they do but as of now the frequency is beyond rare and infrequent.

Rare
06-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I've never really had good luck with drops.

The best I've looted value wise was:

1. XBow in Nuri when it was selling for about 3M. But I kept it and crafted it.
2. Red Dragon armor. Which I kept.

For the most part, I've earned all my gold farming the lesser drops. Like McBain said, the high priced gear is only really affecting buyers. With the high prices it is possible for someone relatively new to earn a lot of money in a short period of time. And I'm sure that in due time everyone will have their new sets and prices will stabilize. I hope everyone realizes that Humania was only released a week ago. In case you don't remember, when every new campaign first comes out the cost of the gear is ridiculous. If you are impatient, you will pay the high prices. If you wait, you'll get a much better deal.

So for those that are complaining already (1 week in), you should expect to pay an absurd amount for the brand new gear. That's the way it is and the way its been since AOx.

EDIT: Actually, my wish is that it was just consistent. The drop rate for each campaign should be the same. I'm not sure how different this campaign is from Nuri or Fang (i haven't had as much time as others). But I do remember in BS, I went an entire month without getting a pink drop.

Mageprodigy
06-25-2012, 09:42 AM
i leveled over 10 hours in humania and i only SAW one pink not even got one... :(

Riccits
06-25-2012, 09:53 AM
STS want ppl to farm and spend plat for elixiers. If pinks drops like in AO, then everyone would have all sets within a few days. Since Humania will be the dungeon for the next half year, keeping drop rates low like this will increase the overa plat spend for elixiers.
The drop rate of Fang and Nuri was ok IMO, i got plenty pinks, but had to run a lot too.
This time u can bring 1 char to 71 without get a drop.. thats simply to low. Personally i dont want to run 5h a day over and over, for several months, the humania maps... to have a little chance to get the pinks...

Rauekat
06-25-2012, 10:14 AM
ya havent seen alot of pinks drop. GO ELITE!

ThePvpTwink
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
They just increased the pink drop rate in an earlier patch but still... Pinks are very rare and pricy so they shouldn't be dropping very often. It would just make the market crash down to 30k humania pinks...lol

Elyseon
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I've done about 50+ runs and haven't even seen a pink drop let alone get one myself

elianel
06-25-2012, 11:18 AM
The first time I ran nuri and I get pink but now no :(

slaveleia
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I've never really had good luck with drops.

The best I've looted value wise was:

1. XBow in Nuri when it was selling for about 3M. But I kept it and crafted it.
2. Red Dragon armor. Which I kept.

For the most part, I've earned all my gold farming the lesser drops. Like McBain said, the high priced gear is only really affecting buyers. With the high prices it is possible for someone relatively new to earn a lot of money in a short period of time. And I'm sure that in due time everyone will have their new sets and prices will stabilize. I hope everyone realizes that Humania was only released a week ago. In case you don't remember, when every new campaign first comes out the cost of the gear is ridiculous. If you are impatient, you will pay the high prices. If you wait, you'll get a much better deal.

So for those that are complaining already (1 week in), you should expect to pay an absurd amount for the brand new gear. That's the way it is and the way its been since AOx.

EDIT: Actually, my wish is that it was just consistent. The drop rate for each campaign should be the same. I'm not sure how different this campaign is from Nuri or Fang (i haven't had as much time as others). But I do remember in BS, I went an entire month without getting a pink drop.

Thanks for sharing that...I like hearing about peoples experiences playing the game & what kind of drops/luck they've had. I had pretty good luck in the Sewers with Goldfever dropping me Mega mage robes or Bandit King/Queen dropping a bracer here or there. I remember running Trash heap a lot, looking for Raid Roach recurves with a lot of people..I remember seeing a pink Raid roach drop flash for a second on screen thinking it was a recurve but it was an auto-bow lmao!

Now all the drop rates are so fricking low...It started with Nuris being nerfed & then the Dragon armor sets being introduced. I haven't seen any drop, I agree with ppl that it being really rare does make it valuable & special. The only luck I had with anything to do with dragons was that I dropped Mitas on the 1st try buying the dragon packs...I got to say that I was fortunate with that because I heard horror stories about some players having the worst luck with that too @500 platinum per try!
What boss in Mt Fang did you drop that Red dragon armor at? Love to hear some details...I wanna eventually get that set.

modredd
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
What I'm curious about is I know they read these forums but they have yet to address this issue.
It's either a yes,no or a maybe but I know the majority and that would be the customer wants to drop rate increased.

Chopper
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
What I'm curious about is I know they read these forums but they have yet to address this issue.
It's either a yes,no or a maybe but I know the majority and that would be the customer wants to drop rate increased.

the campaign is new. People are already frustrated with drop rates and coming away runs empty handed. Vanity Helm doesn't work with old pieces. Sounds like a recipe for players simply getting bored and customers moving on to other games.

Fncrazy
06-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I think they should do away with the junk pinks,off set pinks, whatever u want to call them. That way when I do win a pink I'm not walking away with a pilgrim hat and pi....d off at the world.

modredd
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't recall in over two and a half years it taking so long for somebody to have a complete set with bonus and post a picture that's very telling.

modredd
06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
I do not not mind using non premium pinks as long as they look exactly the same but if they don't drop then there is no price differentiation, people ask for as much money as they can.

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't recall in over two and a half years it taking so long for somebody to have a complete set with bonus and post a picture that's very telling.

My guess is someone has tested it, and it failed. People usually at least borrow items for testing, and if you are going to sell an item, and you test it, if you find it makes a set, you want to make sure people know because it raises the price. If it does not make a set, you would hide it as that would crash the value of your item. This is just a theory, but I find it quite hard to believe that no one has been able to test a full set of any variety yet. Note that even IF the items do not make a set now, that does not mean they won't in the future.

Windwaiker
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I think they should do away with the junk pinks,off set pinks, whatever u want to call them. That way when I do win a pink I'm not walking away with a pilgrim hat and pi....d off at the world.

Agreed, maybe make the junk pinks purple or whatever

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Agreed, maybe make the junk pinks purple or whatever

Uh Oh, you may have just hit on something I never considered. Maybe the junk pinks ~are~ purples, because they can't actually put purples in the game anymore because of the mechanics of the luck elixirs :(

Brave Sir Robin
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Well I don't want junk pinks to go, as they have similar stats with set pinks, only they don't make a set and can't be crafted.
They appear more regularly which makes them cheap.
So a casual gamer can be decently equipped without having to spend millions ;-)

Some of them are very good, eg the Vampyr Longbow and the bracer.

Also consider that some set pinks are rubbish such as Orlok claymores and Lilith staffs. I mean that's even worse: you see L.65 lilith on your screen and you go like 'wow, bracer ?!!!' and then u read 'staff' trollol.

Regarding drop rates, only seen 1 drop. But a friend got one and a friend of a friend got 3... At least we have the Angelic sets to keep us safe ;-)

CrimsonTider
06-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Well I don't want junk pinks to go, as they have similar stats with set pinks, only they don't make a set and can't be crafted.
They appear more regularly which makes them cheap.
So a casual gamer can be decently equipped without having to spend millions ;-)

Some of them are very good, eg the Vampyr Longbow and the bracer.

Also consider that some set pinks are rubbish such as Orlok claymores and Lilith staffs. I mean that's even worse: you see L.65 lilith on your screen and you go like 'wow, bracer ?!!!' and then u read 'staff' trollol.

Regarding drop rates, only seen 1 drop. But a friend got one and a friend of a friend got 3... At least we have the Angelic sets to keep us safe ;-)

MONTY PYTHON FTW!! That is all... ;)

trunzoc
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
My take on "Junk" pinks...

They have their place. The Fang "non-set" pinks were a great set of stuff you could buy for almost nothing compared to the craftable items. Stats between non-set and uncrafted were very close, so you could have competitive gear while you were saving up for crafted items.

Pink Drop rate...
The only pink I have ever gotten that I was able to sell for more than about 50k was a Sang leather drop ONCE. I spent th3 2.5 months prior to Humania doing nothing but cleaning unkilled bosses out of almost cleared Fang levels. I had to have killed the duke close to 1000 times, not to mention 200 Emmas, 200 Gobbles, probably 100 Vlods, and I only ever got 1 "real" pink.

I got more purples from the bigger luck hat than I did pinks.

I don't know if I am extremely unlucky, or just don't play enough. It IS discouraging to kill that many bosses with very little to show for it, but at the same time, Pinks are rare. I don;t think you SHOULD get one every 10 runs.

Someone in some thread mentioned a point system so that you can accrue points for a specific boss every time you kill them raising your chances of getting a pink from that boss. I really like that idea. Would be awesome to get .1% chance added every time I killed a boss. Wouldn't even guarantee a "Real" pink, just the chance to get one at all. Sure, you could end up with tons of Vampyr gear, but at least you have a better chance of getting something good the more often you kill a boss. It would be nice to know that after killing Emma 1000 times your are almost guaranteed a pink that just might be a sang longbow.

I'd have used Humania pinks as references, but no clue which are the "good" ones yet :P

McBain
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Looks like the drop rate has been bumped quite a bit. In less than a day, the number of items in the CS has probably tripled, the prices have skyrocketed down. Armor still looks to be somewhat rate still. Of course, some of this could be due to last ditch efforts by sellers to sell items at an a somewhat inflated price. I guess we'll know more about the drop rate over the next few days.

Whirlzap
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM

I merchanted Forest Haven greens and some purples/pinks as a new player for 1k-3k each and managed to make my first 1 million PL gold from that.
Then I moved onto AO3 purples and Hi-Tech blasters and made another few million off of that.
It's time and devotion. I would never have the drive to spend so much time merchanting and making so little profit compared to simple ten thousands of gold I could easily make via farming for an hour or so.