PDA

View Full Version : DL Allies - Official Feedback Thread

Samhayne
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
What do you think of the new Allies system that went in with the update on June 25th?

Allies:
• Players will still use energy on Allies.
• Allies are NPCs that the player unlocks when playing through a campaign. These Allies will assist the player by performing jobs for them.
• Players must decide what type of job they want their ally to perform. Each ally has 3 different jobs that they can do.
• Each of the jobs has a different amount of time associated with it but has the same energy cost.
• The more time a job takes the better the reward.
• If players do not pick up a job within a certain period of time after it is ready they will lose part of their reward.
• Having Allies perform jobs with the longest timers rewards an item, with a chance to get new legendary weapons.

Please use this thread to post your thoughts, feedback and suggestions regarding the new Allies feature.

HunterSLAYER
06-25-2012, 02:00 PM
This system is pretty well done.
Although many "energy-based games" do use such systems...

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Rare
06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
gotta love backhanded compliments!!!

I think it all looks very promising. I was VERY confused for about 10 minutes.

Snakespeare
06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I would like to say THANKS for the bloodpack solution. Between 3 allies I can scare up 8 bloodpacks in 2 hours. Whew! That saves me some money. Now... what shall I spend it on? Wearables just became incredibly affordable, too!

Flowman
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
The first Ally mission for Willowbrook Parish doesn't seem to be working. It just lists the first mission's picture as an ally...only lets me complete 6 of 7 missions.

Xaphan Fox
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
The first Ally mission for Willowbrook Parish doesn't seem to be working. It just lists the first mission's picture as an ally...only lets me complete 6 of 7 missions.

Same. He is asleep on Eli Holden's couch

Carapace
06-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Same. He is asleep on Eli Holden's couch

haha you guys... it should be fixed in the next update, thanks for pointing him out :)

octavos
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
opps, been putting info in wrong section...."my crazy brain sorry"

anyway...
i would have liked allies to be unlockable from get go. Because energy is just sitting there till you can unlock allies.

still good way to use energy. :p good job lov it.

dugantale
06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
I love em!

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 12:05 AM
So far I really like the new system. IMO you could take it further - I'd invest in ally missions that took a week or even a month complete if it raised chances I could get a rare and useful (and pink!) drop.

Beyond that - I do wish for in game help for game mechanics. Tell me how lesser/minor/major/greater mystery drops compare, how rare items are (% drop rate at least), stuff like that.

Summary - I'm pretty happy so far and give you my thanks for a good update (even though I was happy with the previous energy system too.)

:vP:

octavos
06-26-2012, 12:19 AM
as I played more...i have some thoughts.

*also as you invest energy in later levels, the rewards from the allies tends to be less...it would be great if they gave you a chance at a bonus like the mechanics before... getting a rare elix free or gold. dosn't have to be those, but something a bit more...seems bland.

*but i would like to add more energy to a particular allie...why are the others blocked if one is given energy. I personally liked the energy mechanic, so maybe adding a bit more juice would help

* how do i know when energy hasn't been collected and what part of the reward am im I not going to get...I don't see it anywhere. so more clarification on the side effects of not collecting within "What" time range.

bronislav84
06-26-2012, 09:36 PM
I love this solution to energy, but have some suggestions.

Would be nice to get buffs from the 24 hour mission, along with the item. You make us spend a whole day waiting on them and we get a white item sometimes.

With the introduction of allies the story has been watered down heavily. Can we get the story pieces back in some other way? Also Lee should be an ally in Lord Gershwin's area instead of the Bar Fly.

Bigtokes
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Aside from my own personal thoughts on how bad the art for most of the guys is I enjoy this new concept.

Growwle
06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Love the new system, sucks that I had to start my nightly rewards over due the bug/patch, but at least it works now.

Nagaoka
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I prefered getting buffs from the non-3D missions and I'd like it better if the allies gave buffs instead of items. I'm happy getting my items while doing 3d missions and now that they don't cost energy it is even easier to do so. The free buffs were a real plus...especially the speed boost...I hated doing 3D missions without it.

BG_zorro
07-28-2012, 06:14 AM
The allies are a nice addition -- gives me an alternative of building up my gold and blood pack amount. However, there needs to be more variety with the items they give you. I keep getting the same kind over and over again, and most are either rare or common weapons/gems i already have. Between this and the lack of vanities being dropped in missions (at least for me), i'm disappointed in that part of the reward system. Not that i expect a pink item everyday -- but at least give me something different. Or, just give me gold, blood packs and buffs.