PDA

View Full Version : DL Nightly Reward - Official Feedback Thread

Samhayne
06-25-2012, 01:44 PM
What do you think of the new Nightly Reward System that went into Dark Legends on June 25th?

Nightly Reward:
• Players will receive a nightly reward of cash and xp, but if the player successfully collects their nightly reward for 5 consecutive days they will earn a new random wearable.

Please use this thread to post your thoughts, suggestions and feedback. Thanks!

Rare
06-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Can't wait to see the 5 day reward.

One question... you said random. So its random for everyone? For instance, everyone that gets it on day 5 may get different items.

Or it random per day? So, for example, on day 5 everyone that gets it will get the same thing... then on day 6 its some other random item?

Hope that makes sense.

HunterSLAYER
06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Perhaps Sts should create a thread listing the daily rewards. :)

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I regret to say the nightly reward is apparently broken on Android. I went in there yesterday on all characters and came back today, waited past the time shown - no change. I then checked on Chrome and got a "Activate Nightly Reward" screen that I had never gotten on Android. When I click it I get a "come back at" time that is the GMT equivalent of the time I clicked it.

This suggests to me that there is an Android bug (or perhaps just on Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet?) where the nightly reward timer won't start and you'll never get a nightly reward unless you go start it in Chrome. Also seems I lost a full day of progress toward the 5th day reward. I'll mail STS but I wonder if others have the same experience?

phrosts
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM
i dont even know if it works or not.. i never even recieved anything about day 1... im just gonna assume its broke.

-Phrosts

Late
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Will the random wearable be plat items or items bought with gold?

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
i dont even know if it works or not.. i never even recieved anything about day 1... im just gonna assume its broke.

-Phrosts

Log in with Chrome - it didn't start the timer for me until I went in with Chrome. Anybody else that has this experience, would you note what device you are using? I wonder if iOS and other Android devices (other than the Galaxy 10.1 my wife and I have which I know does) have the same bug.

Staryknight
06-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm on ios my timer is started but I cannot pick up my reward. The claim nightly reward button is grayed out.

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm on ios my timer is started but I cannot pick up my reward. The claim nightly reward button is grayed out.

Nice. Can you try Chrome, see if you can pick it up there?

phrosts
06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I can only log on via android;/

-Phrosts

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
For what it's worth, Carapace / STS are aware and looking into it. See the bug thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61522-Bug-Nightly-Reward-still-says-to-claim-tomorrow&p=690567#post690567

Growwle
06-26-2012, 09:13 PM
I logged in when my reward said to and it was not there, just says the same time for tomorrow.

Late
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Log in with Chrome - it didn't start the timer for me until I went in with Chrome. Anybody else that has this experience, would you note what device you are using? I wonder if iOS and other Android devices (other than the Galaxy 10.1 my wife and I have which I know does) have the same bug.

I have that problem too

Tor
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Nightly reward timer stuck. Logged in to collect first Nightly Reward and realized timer stuck from when I first accessed the Reward Tab. iPhone 4.

bronislav84
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Please make it work so I can feedback this feature. Thank you.

Staryknight
06-26-2012, 10:02 PM

Nice. Can you try Chrome, see if you can pick it up there?

Yeah I tried that. It reset my timer but I was not able to claim a reward. I will have to see tomorrow if I can actually pick one up.

bronislav84
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Ok now that I have been able to get it, it's pretty cool and all. The vanities seem to be variations of existing vanities, and can be any piece from my understanding.

A suggestion I would like to make is to MAKE SURE we aren't awarded the same thing twice.

Xionskull
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I've been going around 6 days but it says only 2 days :/ ik this Is a bug :/

Floating
07-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Can a player get the same vanity twice? That would be very very bad...

YuNoEatBeaRs
07-05-2012, 02:59 AM
What floating said.. it would completely suck after waiting for 5 days just to get a vanity you've got before, specially since they can't be sold.

so please if that's the case, it HAS to be fixed.

Floating
07-05-2012, 06:11 AM
What floating said.. it would completely suck after waiting for 5 days just to get a vanity you've got before, specially since they can't be sold.

so please if that's the case, it HAS to be fixed.

Yes... Exactly...

Backoff2069
07-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I thought the whole nightly reward thing was cool until I got cheated... My second time to collect it was today and instead of a vanity I got freaking platnium... If I wanted plat I would buy it like I have been doing.. This is unfair considering the plat gets me nothing, I already own all other vanities and weapons.

Staryknight
07-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I thought the whole nightly reward thing was cool until I got cheated... My second time to collect it was today and instead of a vanity I got freaking platnium... If I wanted plat I would buy it like I have been doing.. This is unfair considering the plat gets me nothing, I already own all other vanities and weapons.

I would like to request that his plat be transferred to my account ;) Seriously its free money don't complain. There will be new items added to the plat store eventually and that will be just a little less plat you need to buy. Even if its not very useful to you, think about how awesome it is that they give free plat to players who have never bought plat. How can you be cheated when its a free gift?

Snakespeare
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I just deleted mine. It wasn't something I would have bought. One got blue biker top and the other three got blue biker legs. I hope to get something I do want eventually, but it's my guess that blue biker is the "white drop" of this reward system.

What a great idea, though. I think this could help SL if they implement it there.

captaintuttle
07-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Agree! I suggested the loyalty reward (and of course I wasn't the only one) many months back on the SL forum. I like the combination of features and rewards in DL, it is keeping my interest up! I got green street pants my first time... eh. It's not something I would wear "out". :smiley_simmons:

I just deleted mine. It wasn't something I would have bought. One got blue biker top and the other three got blue biker legs. I hope to get something I do want eventually, but it's my guess that blue biker is the "white drop" of this reward system.

What a great idea, though. I think this could help SL if they implement it there.

gatilhadas
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
same reward 2 times if we can`t trade then what`s the point in piling up on the same items:stupid:

Survivorfan
07-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I got 10 plat from one once, not exactly wearable...

BG_zorro
07-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Tho' i haven't been awarded platinum yet from my nightly rewards, i will admit i will not complain if i was awarded that on night 5. :-) however, now that has me thinking -- considering we have to buy our buffs with platinum and all, why not be awarded like 3 platinum every night and on the fifth night a vanity? Or, make the buffs free awards and award them every night and the fifth night get a vanity? Just some ideas...i do like that it helps move my experience along. Any little bit with leveling up helps. And, it's awesome what vanities i've gotten so far through this -- considering this is the only way i'm getting vanities. Oh, and i think that they are tradeable, or should be. Otherwise, how else are other people selling them in the Vampire District?

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I think vanities should drop from the executioners that pop up time to time

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 10:55 PM
you should get the wearable when you get the 50,000kills or a 1000 capture the flag or 500000 gold

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 10:56 PM
You need to put a unequip button when you're trying to trade somebody

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
You need to get vanities running in the auction house so people can see how rare stuff is and will stop runnig their mouth when they don't get it in a week of framing

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Being able to combine 2 gems to make another gems is awesome so i say lets make it so that you can combined any to gems for better stats so for instance combined a life gem with a def or attack gem to make a awesome gems but make it cost gold to do it tho

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Another thing everything should have a gold price and a platinum price so if play all the time you can get what you want or just pay platinum and get what you want the day it comes out

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 11:12 PM
And why do you tell us what gems and weapons drop in a map but not mask or vanities I think this will help a lot if you think so please post yes it this

jenna jameson
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
And when a new update come out please write more then 1 or 2 things about the update to explain what is new and how it works

jenna jameson
07-31-2012, 04:50 PM
When vanities drop they sould show up on your map so you dont miss then i think this would help alot

jenna jameson
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
How about a tie dyed shirt and tie dye pants and dreadlocks for the hat would be kool to see as a vanity

StompArtist
07-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Where have I seen that name before?

Carapace
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I think vanities should drop from the executioners that pop up time to time

This hasn't happened yet, but will in time :vsmile:

Roc
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I've been doing the nightly reward, but it always baffles me how the timer works. I don't understand how I can pick up my reward at 3pm and then the next pick-up time will be 5am. It seemed to me that as long as I picked up the reward sometime during the day, it shouldn't matter particularly what time it is.

For instance, if I picked up my reward today at 11:59pm, then shouldn't I be able to get the next day's reward at 12:01am? Technically I would be playing every day, right? :indecisiveness: I just worry that when I get crazy late/early pick-up times that I'll miss the chance to receive my reward and have to start all over from square 1.

Swiftern
08-30-2012, 05:36 AM
The reward you get in 5 days is really worth the wait! :redface: Though I wish I could just get the money instead of exp. Also, a vanity that you can ONLY get in the 5 day wait would be nice.

disowninglook
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I got really excited for the 5 day reward but ended up getting only green witchdoc visage:/

Carapace
09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I've been doing the nightly reward, but it always baffles me how the timer works. I don't understand how I can pick up my reward at 3pm and then the next pick-up time will be 5am. It seemed to me that as long as I picked up the reward sometime during the day, it shouldn't matter particularly what time it is.

For instance, if I picked up my reward today at 11:59pm, then shouldn't I be able to get the next day's reward at 12:01am? Technically I would be playing every day, right? :indecisiveness: I just worry that when I get crazy late/early pick-up times that I'll miss the chance to receive my reward and have to start all over from square 1.

The reason behind this is we have an internal grace period in which it's acceptable to pick up your reward. If you're within a couple minutes or a couple hours you still keep it, and the new timer kicks off from that collection time. Wait too long though and you'll miss out!