PDA

View Full Version : REVELATION: Golden Dagger + 48 Dex = 66 DPS!? Best enchantress combination ever!

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerfy McNerfHerder Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. Spacetime just nerfed it. Thank you.

Check out this link for new STR build: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?651-NEW-Build!-95-STR-Enchantress-Offtank-Battle-Mage-AoE-Heals-omg!

Intro:

You're probably saying... UM dagger for enchantress? "omg r u stupidz?! lol" :confused:
Or you're saying.. "yeah.. duh.. enchantress can level up DEX. So what?"

This is different. I've tried all mixes/builds... staves... wands... aoe/heal/buff/full dex etc. But my fantastic revelation is that the wimpy, white lvl 15 Golden Dagger tops em all. Why? :o

Let me first give my specs:

Name: Pixxie

Class: Enchantress level 28

Attributes: Str: 1, Dex: 48, Int: 102 (will be 112 at 30)

(VERY IMPORTANT. I didn't sacrifice tons of INT with this build. Golden Dagger only requires 48 DEX.)

Skills: I've used Gigahertz's skill recommendations, and I love the mix. It gives me lovely, golden, fluffy AOE damage, heal-meister capabilites, plus a bit of buff/debuff:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/787/29271010.png
Heal: 5
Lightning: 5
Res: 1
Firestorm: 5
Ice Storm: 1
Nightmare: 3 (will be 5 at lvl 30)
Magic Shield: 5
Blessing of Vitality: 1
Blessing of Might: 1

Stats:
Hit: 106% (!!)
Crit: 14 (!!)
Dodge: 2
Health: 200
Regen: 0
Mana: 351
Regen: 6
Damage: 38-41
DPS: 66 (!!!!) :rolleyes:
Armor: 45 (!!)

Gear:
Wizard's Elven Helmet
Golden Dagger (obviously) :)
Wizard's Frosty Robes
Wizard's Demonic Eyeball Bracer

(sorry, no fancy images.. but please send me the links if you have these item screenshots!)

Conclusion:

I'm only missing 1 thing in this build: ranged weapon attack. But honestly.. WHO CARES about range when I'm AOE and DPS crazy?! :eek:

Please let me know what you think.

Swoe
04-19-2010, 06:32 AM
I had my enchantress up to 96DPS with a Sai, but I died in two hits trying to solo, even the lower stages were a struggle. I've found the best solo spec after trying a few is around 35 in strength and dex, the rest in int, stack mps gear and as much armor as possible.

While with 96DPS I was taking down single mobs really quick, it is impossible to pull one at a time, and the sacrifice to survivability is just too much to be viable. Even in groups, single enemies don't stay alive long enough for the massive DPS to make a difference. It is fun watching the big numbers scroll quickly above the enemies heads though.

EDIT: If you are going to stick with that build, invest in some archer armor. Even though you can physically keep your gear equipped if you don't meet the requirements, you don't receive stat and armor bonuses from them.

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Agreed, and I do realize that Enchantress DPS can be much higher than 66.

But I don't want to lose my mana pool and INT contribution to regen by going full DEX. That's why I stick to Golden Dagger which only requires a 48 dex commitment.. and not some of the 98 dex'ers. I don't try to single out enemies.. rather, it serves in large groups to let me do some serious damage while awaiting a slight mana regen.

And no need for archer armor.. I'm not full DEX. In fact with my 102 INT I meed all minimum int requirements and gain their bonuses.

I find this to be quite balanced.. and I can still AOE with the best of them!

Swoe
04-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Haha sorry should have taken more time to read, totally skipped over you still had 102 int. Very interesting build, if I hadn't already spent a heap trying out new specs i'd give it a go. But if more people try it out and give positive feedback I might have to. Looks really good.

Flyingcookie
04-19-2010, 07:23 AM
I will try this as soon as i get home, sounds like a very interesting idea =D

PS: have you tried bows? I see more and more mages using bows o_O...

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah I've seen the bow trend... but again most bows that I've seen with interesting stats require a ton of DEX. That would defeat my love of INT and the INT buffs from items.

Not to mention, my Wizard's Demonic Eyeball Bracer gives me 2 int, 1 m/s, and 9 armor. I can't see giving that up.

Flyingcookie
04-19-2010, 07:46 AM
A demonic bracer giving +1 M/s? Very interesting... It is a lvl25 item right? I have looted tons of bracers but never one with mana regen =P - Oh... And what about your defense? Can you tank decently with your build? Because most bosses are almost or litteraly 1hit-KO (the blue mobs) at times for us enchantresses =/... Also a dagger might give you decent dps but it is single target, most staves are AOE and therefore can become far more useful in many situations - well i will try this as soon as i can anyway =) (traveling by train ATM... Lousy cov

Edit: erage.) XD

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes indeed! There are definite positives and negatives to choosing this build, as you mentioned the loss of AoE damage from a staff. But I have to be honest I rarely used my staff and its low dmg, I more relied upon my AoE, and I preferred to use it.

In terms of tanking.. well.. no. I can't be main tank. But I can certainly offtank 2-3 mobs. The bosses are still killers tho :(

And yeah my Wizard's (keyword) demonic bracer gives 1 m/s. Level 23 item.

Good luck with the build!! :)

KronicDecay
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm using the same skill build minus the dex (I'm still 100% int) and it's a great way to still be able to help in groups or solo for drops

Flyingcookie
04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Nerfed as i was about to respec ... Wow XD... Oh well i'll check out your new build =)

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Nerfed as i was about to respec ... Wow XD... Oh well i'll check out your new build =)

lol. yep. hey where you at in france?

Flyingcookie
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
in the north, near Amiens =)