PDA

View Full Version : This is bad :(

Floating
06-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I know you made the vanity prices lower for a good reason but what about me... I used over 500k gold on vanities... I beleive many others did too.... Can we get a refund or something? I feel trully bad for giving over 700k gold on vanities that now, all vamities cost less than 500k in total...

octavos
06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I know you made the vanity prices lower for a good reason but what about me... I used over 500k gold on vanities... I beleive many others did too.... Can we get a refund or something? I feel trully bad for giving over 700k gold on vanities that now, all vamities cost less than 500k in total...

ive had chats with fellow players in-game... essentially if you bought just before update id say email support.
I had no idea of price reductions, but maybe this will become huge soon :(

A simple solution would be a loyalty vanity...but since these were gold transactions...i dont thinks its possible.
now the plat gear different story...i burned quite a bit for the 1/2 off sale a few weeks back.:angel:

Commanderkeen
06-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Carapace told me in-game if you email support they might beable to refund you some of that plat back. This was my first question when I saw the new store prices.

Support@spacetimestudios.com

This is from another post today.

Floating
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I already emailed them. I just wanted to express my opinion through a thread and hear other people too...

csb
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I was a complete miser from the beginning of the game. I never bought anything, not even a blood pack. Now, I have 1.6M gold. The new prices look good to me :-)

Maybe I will actually spend some gold.

Also, I haven't purchased any platinum. I have been waiting for this day. I was expecting that platinum sales would be too low, so they would have to make a change. It's far better to sell 100,000 of something for a little profit, than to sell 100 for a big profit. Prices are still a little too high, but much better that the previous crazy prices.

Early adopters always have to pay more. The first music CD players were over $1,000. Now I can get CD/DVD player for $35. The first people to buy virtual items in DL had to pay a lot to be the first with cool items. Eventually, everything gets cheaper. You pay a lot, to be the first. That's standard for everything in life.

Staryknight
06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
I think that they did need to lower plat prices and this will be good in the long run but it does hurt a bit. A loyalty reward would certainly help ease the pain.

The plat vanities are now reasonably priced, but the gold ones are way too cheap. I don't mind the gold I spent but farming gold is so easy in this game that we need a gold sink. I'm hoping that the old vanities were lowered and will soon be replaced by new ones with similar prices to the old ones.

Cahaun
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Weird thing is that I predicted it all after the interview with Cinco. Good thing I didn't spend all my gold on the vanities yet.

Mrsberry
06-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Im loving this price drop was definitely needed in DL.
Yes it is a bit of a bummer how much we have spent and then see the prices now. A loyalty vanity is a great idea too solve this.
hopefully this price drop in vanitys is due too new ones on the way. Would love some sexy new outfits for my berry. :strawberry:

StompArtist
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
I must say that I feel like they changed too many things at once. Feels like a different game altogether to me. I wish they had made the changes more gradual....

MayaNatsume
06-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Just spent 130 platinum for outfit not long ago, feel really unfair see price drop down to 50 platinum now..!!!

Fyrce
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I admit I was a bit leery of all the changes. Even withheld my opinion.... until I played it.

The "new game" is very playable -- you can grind it out on missions (10xp at a time) or wait for your allies to come around. I find myself doing a lot of the 2-hour missions. I would assume as I finish more missions, I might do more of the longer ones to see what the mystery chest thing is.

I'm enjoying the new prices. I did spend some plat/gold before, but I limited it mostly to one toon because it was just too expensive to equip more than one. With new prices though, a few of my other toons are getting new outfits. Plus the vampire world looks much more colorful.

So yes, while there were lots of changes, I think overall, it's still a very playable game. The Allies actually are more fun than the previous missions.

DeathFrost
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM

WTF!!!!!! I HAVE BOUGHT ALL THE VANITIES IN GOLD(including mask). I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN A 1MILLION GOLD FOR VANITIES ALONE!!!...THIS REALLY STINKZ..DAMMIT!!!! THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR!!!!..:dispirited::dispirited::dispirited::m ad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rare
06-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't understand some of the pricing changes. For instance, before, Manic was more expensive than cyber. now it isnt. Also, most gear had a much more dramatic price slash than Dark Desire.

HunterSLAYER
06-30-2012, 07:37 AM
I paid 380k for Dark desire set and I'm still MAD about the price changes.

Also, i wasted 100k on manic facemask, 50k for masquerade and a few other expensive stuff that became cheap after the price revision that came with the update.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

mafiainc42
06-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Lmfao i was one of the first with crimson devil title. It is what it is. Gold is useless in this game.on top of that alot of plats wasted SMFH.

Xaphan Fox
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
When I sent in a support claim to ask why the price was dropped and if there would be any minor reimbursement... I got a copy paste response.
Kinda irksome after a few thousand plat bought.

It isn't the cost drop that bothers me... it is the lack of warning. I am prolly not going to try for any vanity or achievements this time around. What's the point? Ima wait till 31 level cap and get the stuff cheap. Dear lord I could have saved millions of gold and hundreds of plat.

Sighwoof

Lady_Pebbles
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
*They even said they would let us know when they'll remove the Biomorph Bundle and they didn't. They simply removed it and hoped we wouldn't notice.* Same with the Nightshadow/nightshade weapon (whatever its called), it was a plat weapon now its up for gold (still a "chance" item.. i.e. a gamble pack). Yet the other day the Daily Deal had them up for plat. To top it off the Nightly Reward vanities are recolored vanities we get with plat.

It makes them -look- like they're too lazy to add new vanities while trying to scam us into buying plat instead of using the gold to buy the weapon. Smh.

Seriously StS, thats really effed up. Please fix these issues.

*Faded Text: My mistake. Whooptie doo lol. Rest still stands.*

between
07-01-2012, 05:49 PM
They even said they would let us know when they'll remove the Biomorph Bundle and they didn't. They simply removed it and hoped we wouldn't notice.

Changes to be aware of:

- The Biomorph Bundle will not be available after this update. If you want it, get it now before it is gone!

they did tell us that they were taking biomorph bundle.
OP can be found here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60612-New-Stuff-THIS-WEEK!-Don-t-Leave-Completed-Actions-or-Missions!)

Lady_Pebbles
07-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok well the rest still stands. *shrugs*

Charmstrange
07-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I bought a few high-priced vanities too, but I rationalized that there is a higher value on having them when very few other players do. In essence, we paid more for them, but they were actually worth more early-on because other players would notice. Now everyone can get them, but really they aren't worth as much since they are easy to acquire. I know the logic is a bit circular, but that's how markets work anyway - value is just a representation of collective perceived value; when it comes down to it, none of this is actually worth anything. I hope they are planning to add a new round of higher priced (gold) vanities.

Floating
07-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I bought a few high-priced vanities too, but I rationalized that there is a higher value on having them when very few other players do. In essence, we paid more for them, but they were actually worth more early-on because other players would notice. Now everyone can get them, but really they aren't worth as much since they are easy to acquire. I know the logic is a bit circular, but that's how markets work anyway - value is just a representation of collective perceived value; when it comes down to it, none of this is actually worth anything. I hope they are planning to add a new round of higher priced (gold) vanities.

What if I just wanted the Crimson Devil achievement and I did not want to waste all this gold in the very beginning? I mean manic mask now costs 2500 gold when I bought it 100k! Seriously this irritates me to a very VERY big extent and there is no excuse for a no refund policy...

Qingsanale1st
07-02-2012, 12:33 AM
What if I just wanted the Crimson Devil achievement and I did not want to waste all this gold in the very beginning? I mean manic mask now costs 2500 gold when I bought it 100k! Seriously this irritates me to a very VERY big extent and there is no excuse for a no refund policy...
it used to be 10k, the 100k items were along the lines of mad doc,
cyber goth and raver i think

Floating
07-02-2012, 01:14 AM
it used to be 10k, the 100k items were along the lines of mad doc,
cyber goth and raver i think

IT USED to be 100k ! You counted wrong... Ask anyone who saw it before the update and they will tell you!

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 01:19 AM
IT USED to be 100k ! You counted wrong... Ask anyone who saw it before the update and they will tell you!

Floating is absolutely right.
I bought both masks from Sergio's clothing and i can CLEARLY REMEMBER MANIC FACEMASK WAS 100K.

Also, masquerade mask got a 50% discount(Usual:50000, NOW:25000).

Many people,like me, am still OUTRAGED over the price change and till now there is no msg or whatsoever from a dev/mod about gold refunds.

Lowlyspy
07-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Is it really that big a deal? Are you really OUTRAGED at something so minuscule done in a game? So you spent 100k, ok, i can understand your being a little miffed. However, all the clothing items are vanities, having them doesn't affect your playing ability ingame so why should STS refund people's gold? So they didn't say they were going to drop prices, they didn't say they wouldn't either. The only thing here you could possibly argue as being unfair here is the fact that the Dark Mystery Pack, which used to cost plat, now costs 15k, and the absolute only reason you can argue that is because it used to cost real money.

Floating
07-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Is it really that big a deal? Are you really OUTRAGED at something so minuscule done in a game? So you spent 100k, ok, i can understand your being a little miffed. However, all the clothing items are vanities, having them doesn't affect your playing ability ingame so why should STS refund people's gold? So they didn't say they were going to drop prices, they didn't say they wouldn't either. The only thing here you could possibly argue as being unfair here is the fact that the Dark Mystery Pack, which used to cost plat, now costs 15k, and the absolute only reason you can argue that is because it used to cost real money.

I spent over 1m man... When now it is around 300k for all... It is a big loss. If it was 100-200k i would not have said a word. But it was also plat.

Lowlyspy
07-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I spent over 1m man... When now it is around 300k for all... It is a big loss. If it was 100-200k i would not have said a word. But it was also plat.
I can understand the plat, the plat should be refunded imo, however gold is a completely different story. Gold is easily replenished with a few days merching or just farming pinks/gold drops. It was your choice to spend that 1m on the gold outfits when, although no one knew at the time (though it probly should have been expected, take SL for example, plat pieces that used to cost 10 each now cost 5 plat for a full set), the prices would be dropped later. One of my favorite words from the wise: "Good things come to those who wait."

Floating
07-02-2012, 03:01 AM
I can understand the plat, the plat should be refunded imo, however gold is a completely different story. Gold is easily replenished with a few days merching or just farming pinks/gold drops. It was your choice to spend that 1m on the gold outfits when, although no one knew at the time (though it probly should have been expected, take SL for example, plat pieces that used to cost 10 each now cost 5 plat for a full set), the prices would be dropped later. One of my favorite words from the wise: "Good things come to those who wait."

How could I know the prices would be dropped. I did not have a hint, noone told me or anything... If you can make 1m in some days it is nice for you man. I dislike pve though and when it is not my fault that I got such a big loss, why do I have to be happy with it?

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 03:03 AM

I have spent well over 700k on gold vanities, Dark desire set(usual:380k) being one of them.

Also,i bought nightshadow with plat and now it only costs 15000? Of course i feel cheated as there was no prior notice regarding the price changes.

*I also bought a few other plat itens which are now heavily discounted. ><

Lowlyspy
07-02-2012, 03:10 AM
although no one knew at the time
Never said you knew prices would drop. Imo both parties are at fault here, STS for dropping prices without prior notice, and those who bought things without thinking the prices may be dropped later. You don't really have to be happy with it (i'm not considering i wasted about 60k which, though not being as much as you, is a lot for me.) But i suppose you could think of it this way: To make up for the drastically changed prices STS is giving away TONS of new vanities via the Nightly Reward thing, whose gold bought counterparts would have costed a TON before the update. So there's that to be happy about ^_^

I have spent well over 700k on gold vanities, Dark desire set(usual:380k) being one of them.

Also,i bought nightshadow with plat and now it only costs 15000? Of course i feel cheated as there was no prior notice regarding the price changes.

*I also bought a few other plat itens which are now heavily discounted. ><

See my above posts regarding the gold bought vanities. As for the plat bought stuff, plat should be refunded.

Qingsanale1st
07-02-2012, 03:34 AM
How could I know the prices would be dropped. I did not have a hint, noone told me or anything... If you can make 1m in some days it is nice for you man. I dislike pve though and when it is not my fault that I got such a big loss, why do I have to be happy with it?
i do say I was surprised when i read the news after update about the store....

Never said you knew prices would drop. Imo both parties are at fault here, STS for dropping prices without prior notice, and those who bought things without thinking the prices may be dropped later. You don't really have to be happy with it (i'm not considering i wasted about 60k which, though not being as much as you, is a lot for me.) But i suppose you could think of it this way: To make up for the drastically changed prices STS is giving away TONS of new vanities via the Nightly Reward thing (AND promo) , whose gold bought counterparts would have costed a TON before the update. So there's that to be happy about ^_^

See my above posts regarding the gold bought vanities. As for the plat bought stuff, plat should be refunded.

good call there.

Gluttony
07-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Really guys look at what you're arguing over, STS has the right to change anything about the game at anytime and there is really nothing you (as a consumer) can do about it! This has already happened before when Spacetime came out with the 50% off plat purchases, everyone who bought the plat exclusive vanity gear/items was upset over spending twice what everyone else could get for a fraction of the price. Again, there was no warning but it was just a nice event that ran for players to take advantage of. Now here we are again.

I find it comical that you're more upset about the gold lost rather than focusing on the plat aspect; being angry over millions of in-game currency YOU lost instead of the hundreds of real life dollars OTHERS may have lost. As I recall Mystic Robes/Nosferatu/Classic outfits were running 130p initially, it was 65p during the 50% off sale and now it is 50p. Anyone who purchased it from the jump should be outraged at losing 80 plat, I personally lost 15 plat since I purchased everything necessary for the Crimson Devil title during the half off event, but I ain't mad. Why, you ask... because I'm aware that anything can change at any given moment, it's one of the fundamental reason I have yet to buy plat to support these games. Am I enjoying them, yes. Have I for the past 2+ years, yes... but all it takes is one major change to turn these games into something I find unplayable at which point I'd be upset that I invested my money into them.

Try looking at it in terms of something else, you go to your favorite electronics store and purchase a brand new, top of the line, just released gadget. You find out that one month later it goes on sale and is 60% off the original ticket price. Now you have two options, you can rage out or go down to the store and see what they have to say about your uneducated purchase with excuses like, "I had no idea you would be having a 60% off sale so soon after I visited," or "I still have the receipt and I have not used it that much," maybe even just try to place the obviously used item back in the box and return it stating that you didn't like it. Now, if the store is a small local business (much like STS), they will probably give you some rehearsed speech along the lines of, "we are sorry but we cannot refund the amount you paid for this item because of [X, Y and Z]." If they are a large company, they may give you a break by either refunding the difference or offering you some sort of store credit if you make enough fuss but this is only on a case by case basis and the numbers of people doing this will be few, STS has hundreds (thousands maybe) who purchased items that saw a reduction in price. Bottom line is that STS isn't a large corporation like say Square Enix, they're not going to go on a massive refunding spree simply because players who wanted to be the cool kids on the block with the newest gear are now having buyers remorse.

You had that crown first, you placed the title of Crimson Devil upon yourself and wore it proud; remember those days? Well now the items are old, they've lost their flash and so everyone can buy them in just a few runs and one or two lucky drops. The cycle will repeat, STS will eventually release more new items, attach a title to them and hike the prices back up. Like Smigel, some of you will flock to the shiny precious and do anything to get your hands on it, while others will simply sit back and wait for the items to tarnish and fade into commonplace.

Summary: Deal with it.

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Really guys look at what you're arguing over, STS has the right to change anything about the game at anytime and there is really nothing you (as a consumer) can do about it! This has already happened before when Spacetime came out with the 50% off plat purchases, everyone who bought the plat exclusive vanity gear/items was upset over spending twice what everyone else could get for a fraction of the price. Again, there was no warning but it was just a nice event that ran for players to take advantage of. Now here we are again.

I find it comical that you're more upset about the gold lost rather than focusing on the plat aspect; being angry over millions of in-game currency YOU lost instead of the hundreds of real life dollars OTHERS may have lost. As I recall Mystic Robes/Nosferatu/Classic outfits were running 130p initially, it was 65p during the 50% off sale and now it is 50p. Anyone who purchased it from the jump should be outraged at losing 80 plat, I personally lost 15 plat since I purchased everything necessary for the Crimson Devil title during the half off event, but I ain't mad. Why, you ask... because I'm aware that anything can change at any given moment, it's one of the fundamental reason I have yet to buy plat to support these games. Am I enjoying them, yes. Have I for the past 2+ years, yes... but all it takes is one major change to turn these games into something I find unplayable at which point I'd be upset that I invested my money into them.

Try looking at it in terms of something else, you go to your favorite electronics store and purchase a brand new, top of the line, just released gadget. You find out that one month later it goes on sale and is 60% off the original ticket price. Now you have two options, you can rage out or go down to the store and see what they have to say about your uneducated purchase with excuses like, "I had no idea you would be having a 60% off sale so soon after I visited," or "I still have the receipt and I have not used it that much," maybe even just try to place the obviously used item back in the box and return it stating that you didn't like it. Now, if the store is a small local business (much like STS), they will probably give you some rehearsed speech along the lines of, "we are sorry but we cannot refund the amount you paid for this item because of [X, Y and Z]." If they are a large company, they may give you a break by either refunding the difference or offering you some sort of store credit if you make enough fuss but this is only on a case by case basis and the numbers of people doing this will be few, STS has hundreds (thousands maybe) who purchased items that saw a reduction in price. Bottom line is that STS isn't a large corporation like say Square Enix, they're not going to go on a massive refunding spree simply because players who wanted to be the cool kids on the block with the newest gear are now having buyers remorse.

You had that crown first, you placed the title of Crimson Devil upon yourself and wore it proud; remember those days? Well now the items are old, they've lost their flash and so everyone can buy them in just a few runs and one or two lucky drops. The cycle will repeat, STS will eventually release more new items, attach a title to them and hike the prices back up. Like Smigel, some of you will flock to the shiny precious and do anything to get your hands on it, while others will simply sit back and wait for the items to tarnish and fade into commonplace.

Not convincing enough for me but i guess the truth is they probably won't refund plat or gold or whatever.

Honestly, if they had plans for a refund on all discounted items,carapace or Samhayne or some dev/mod would have already given us a satisfactory answer by a few days.

However,there's no presence of a dev/mod in this which just means....TOUGH LUCK for us.

:(

Floating
07-02-2012, 06:11 AM
@Glut: 50% sales was not a real matter as it was for 2 days. I did not have a problem even if i had already wasted around 260-390 plat on big plat vanities. As for the gadget you talk about, 1 month is way different than 4-5 days. 4-5 days you could get a small refund from most shops, at least from my experience

Qingsanale1st
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM

like the smiley? :) 12842

Xaphan Fox
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Just learn from this:

Why buy/spend 800 plat or so when you can wait till level 31 expansion and just spend 100.
If that is the pattern that is going on, then learn and do it.
Yes STS can change he game however they want. They aren't going to tell people a half off event is coming, or that the expansion is going to make you spend less so wait!!
They would make less money then.
They will play their games... and I will play mine. They wanna make money, and I wanna save it.
Game on STS.

woof

Elyseon
07-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeh I bought like all the 130 plat outfits...
Now theyre what? 50?

Alolucard
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Thats Whatchya Get For Payin For Ingame Bonuses. I Just Want More Hipster **** :\ New Colors and Weapons are Pretty Neat Actually. Not Groundbreaking :p But a Start To Somethin New and Exclusive. The Nightrunner Code Was a Treat Too, There Should Be More Of That

octavos
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
well, all i can say is "meh"...Since day 1 of DL...the plat stuff i did buy the items I really wanted from the get go. I did buy the expensive sets, but the ones that looked the best. As for the gold purchasable sets....errr umm, I always thought they were high so I didn't buy them lol. im glad I waited...but I still dont buy the newer low priced ones. I dont know, its like walking into a store you get the buying bug and ill buy all the stuff and other times im the saver lol. but these changes are for the new players mostly.

people who did buy tons of stuff RIGHT before the great change need to email support. but people who have had the items like me, just need to move on and learn from this. as any new update is about to hit, dont buy anything that might effect your attitude later on...this buyers remorse thing just comes with the game....and things change all the time.
EG: PL and the set bonuses..some ppl bought the other set instead of the intended bonus set....hope they can get a refund from fellow players.

between
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM

To be fair, yesterday I did nothing but grind all day, dropped over 100 plat on elixers, and made somewhere around 2m gold all of which was dropped on the axe gamble for my twink. I still do not have them :(

The rest tl;dr

People complain about the prices too high... they lower the price.... people complain. Sts doesn't really care because this change made the MAJORITY player base happy.

I could make plenty of analogies about the situation but no matter how hard I try people will still complain.

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 12:22 PM
To be fair, yesterday I did nothing but grind all day, dropped over 100 plat on elixers, and made somewhere around 2m gold all of which was dropped on the axe gamble for my twink. I still do not have them :(

The rest tl;dr

People complain about the prices too high... they lower the price.... people complain. Sts doesn't really care because this change made the MAJORITY player base happy.

I could make plenty of analogies about the situation but no matter how hard I try people will still complain.

I'm a non-plat player who has bills to pay and get All my plat from free tapjoy offers. Not everyone has big pockets to burn nor the luxury to buy VIRTUAL Elixirs for REAL-LIFE CURRENCY.

Just saying. <.<

Snakespeare
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
To be sure, I did get Mystical Robes for 130 plat and they now sell for 50. What did I get for the 80 extra plat? I got to wear them when they were cool. Now they are easy, and I don't. I don't expect a refund.

I also had a really cool toon that is now kind of normal. I worked a LOT of tricks to get this LEVEL 3 to have the Dark Desire outfit and now I guess it would just take a little less trickery. Basically, I sold crappy items at outlandish prices from my L3 via the CS to my other toons. So I dumped what, nearly 1/2 mil, into this weird project because I wanted a really unique character. I guess it would still take the same efforts, but cost less if someone else wants to do it. But it's still a fairly unique toon, so I have no complaints... except to say that nobody ever joins me in L3 CTF!

I'm OK with it all. It's not like when they nerfed dual-class and made half a dozen of my twinks useless.

between
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm a non-plat player who has bills to pay and get All my plat from free tapjoy offers. Not everyone has big pockets to burn nor the luxury to buy VIRTUAL Elixirs for REAL-LIFE CURRENCY.

Just saying. <.<

how is it different than paying for a subscription to play the game? the developers have bills to pay as well, so why not support the people who created this entertainment for you? i have bills to pay, yet i still find ways to buy plat.

in the end its your choice not to buy any. but dont you dare assume because i bought some plat that i have big pockets to burn.