PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the ultimate AoE build

Quueri
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
any ideaas? looking for the ultimate AoE build . and another question what exactly does Nebula do? i does no dmg for me...

PianoWizzy
06-25-2012, 10:38 PM
All credit to Flowman who had provided this build to answer me, and I have since used to even dominate Voleria soloing:

0 1 0 4
0 6 4 6
6 6 6 -

Best PvE you can get in my opinion.

Don't need Hammer and Slam because hammer is single target and Slam is directional and not worth the trouble really.

You want pure AOE with the ability to stay alive while grouping the enemies.

Stomp at 1 because you really only need it to knock enemies down for combos or to get them off of you.

Singularity at 4 because it's where I put all my remaining points at the end.

Increase Mass at 6 because you're a tank and need to stay alive when you first run in to a big group. Helps take away that initial shock value of getting hit hard and high before you can use your other skills.

Kinetic reservoir is up to you, you don't need it if you like to use mana packs a lot, but I like the extra mana here and there. If you want more damage, get rid of it for other skills.

Gravity well at 6 because it's your main grouping skill. Use it whenever you need to get everyone in close. If it's anything like PL, the effects of it are stronger when it's higher.

Nebula at 6 because it's fantastic for ticking away health of enemies you're not directly shooting, and it hits very high when comboed with your boosted crit.

Growing Rage at 6 because the crit boost is insane. Use it with Nebula or back breaker combo and you'll take out those high health Mobs easily, while killing everything else around.

Back breaker at 6 because it combos with the 2 skills that knock enemies down for single target massive damage.

Just started playing SL again, but I'll argue anything in this build because I know it's one of the best PvE builds, with the exception of not needing Kinetic Reservoir.

Quueri
06-26-2012, 10:55 AM
ok well right now im running biosphere in shipyard.
im looking for a awesome AoE build. hehe i just started a commando 2 weeks ago so im willing to agrue that build some. first im going to argue using the whole back breaker. it seems useless for a AoE build since im looking to damage multiple target at once. you strike twice whopay, it would use good agaisnt a boss. but still i wouldnt waste my points on that spell my opinion but still aint acustom to the commando yet.
I dont get Nebula... ive tried using it. i get nothing from it. no damage done to mob i still dont know what that spell does, it says AoE but it does no damage! lol so it seem useless to me.
singularity i would just keep at 1, all u need it for is pushback and knockdown
im only lvl 32 right now this is what im doing
vigor 6 - use right as im pulling all mob towards me.
increase mass 6 - use right after vigor and with max armor boost (i do these to alot so i avoid using stimpacks saves alot of money.)
growing rage 6 - 15 secs awesome 60% crit. one time use in biosphere
kinetic reservoir - 6 - now this spell is tricky but works amazing if timed right i noticed. 3 sec -10 damage yes. but u also get a 75+ damage after that. so ka boom cast this after RAGE, boom kick mob back with singularity, then BANG GRAVITON SLAM which if i time right with kinetic res. my mob will be dead with couple hits of RAGE
graviton slam 6 u push enenmy pack with SING then USE this to slow them down 70% works really nice to give u time to cast vigor again and MASS
singularity 1 this is good for one thing, pushback knockdown. why waste points on it????

planning on adding one to stomp once i get next lvl.

aint much of a math head but u have 60% crit with mass then growing rage max out sumthing like 10-40. also add KINETIC with that extra 75 damage . it works good, just need to lvl more and add onto it...

shadow90
06-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Nebula - Dmg to mob around the caster
You must be near the mob to damage the mob.

PianoWizzy
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Nebula + Growing Rage = EPIC.

The tics actually seem a little slow but it DOES kill. I seen over 100 damage tics off of maxed Nebula on enemies standing around me while I'll shooting at one and out of other AoEs.

It's a PvP joke though. XD

Singularity has good damage, that's final.

I have taken out Vigor and Reservoir and put into damages instead because I'd rather spend stims than time.

SkillFullGamer
07-21-2012, 10:24 PM
ok well right now im running biosphere in shipyard.
im looking for a awesome AoE build. hehe i just started a commando 2 weeks ago so im willing to agrue that build some. first im going to argue using the whole back breaker. it seems useless for a AoE build since im looking to damage multiple target at once. you strike twice whopay, it would use good agaisnt a boss. but still i wouldnt waste my points on that spell my opinion but still aint acustom to the commando yet.
I dont get Nebula... ive tried using it. i get nothing from it. no damage done to mob i still dont know what that spell does, it says AoE but it does no damage! lol so it seem useless to me.
singularity i would just keep at 1, all u need it for is pushback and knockdown
im only lvl 32 right now this is what im doing
vigor 6 - use right as im pulling all mob towards me.
increase mass 6 - use right after vigor and with max armor boost (i do these to alot so i avoid using stimpacks saves alot of money.)
growing rage 6 - 15 secs awesome 60% crit. one time use in biosphere
kinetic reservoir - 6 - now this spell is tricky butworks amazing if timed right i noticed. 3 sec -10 damage yes. but u also get a 75+ damage after that. so ka boom cast this after RAGE, boom kick mob back with singularity, then BANG GRAVITON SLAM which if i time right with kinetic res. my mob will be dead with couple hits of RAGE
graviton slam 6 u push enenmy pack with SING then USE this to slow them down 70% works really nice to give u time to cast vigor again and MASS
singularity 1 this is good for one thing, pushback knockdown. why waste points on it????

planning on adding one to stomp once i get next lvl.

aint much of a math head but u have 60% crit with mass then growing rage max out sumthing like 10-40. also add KINETIC with that extra 75 damage . it works good, just need to lvl more and add onto it...

Your reasoning sir....is so very flawed....but that is just due to inexperience ,you will soon learn my friend haha

AgentSK101
08-21-2012, 12:34 PM
nebula only seems to matter for me at 6 it does not do much before that tho.
and as piano said it is quite affective with backbreaker
sometimes i use it by turning it on and then running through a mob a few times i guess its a little bit effectivethat way but i have not found any major uses