PDA

View Full Version : Why are there ads in Pl seriously?

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 01:42 AM
Devs, Is there any specific reason for the (Secretive and silent) introduction of ads at the menu(not mentioned in patch notes!)?

Everybody hates ads, it drains bat and are annoying.
Had to waste a few mins of my time creating a custom patch to remove the ads..

P.s. my custom patches ONLY AFFECT my phone and Gtab(Mess with DNS and hosts if you know what i mean) and DO NOT MODIFY the actual apk in anyway so its not a violation of TOS and does what adblocker apps do XD.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Otukura
06-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Screenshot? I've never seen one.

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 01:47 AM
I patched them.(so i can't get any screens imo). Ads no longer appear anymore.(at least for me).

Tap on menu, tap on inventory, tap back, repeat the above steps and sometimes u should see ads.

McBain
06-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I've never seen any ads. Are you talking about the deal of the day?

Diroid
06-26-2012, 04:41 AM
I'm having ads, too. I see ads for credit companies, dating services etc. Very annoying.

Darkfader
06-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Never seen ads about anything else than dl or sl.

Corpser
06-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Adds are for the profit of sts if you enjoy the game just let em play its other companies paying for there ad which in turn is paying for your gameplay after all if sts wasn't getting paid why would they continue to run this game.

just let the adds play its for sts profit so why not

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Well....to most people ads are just annoying particularly the high bat drain i am already running my phone at 380-400+MHZ(FORCED) and the bat drain is still pretty bad max.5 hours gameplay.

Having ads in the game would be equivalent to my phone running at 2000MHZ(Oced). Yes, that's how bad the ads drain the phone's bat.

Corpser
06-26-2012, 06:31 AM
its an ad if it drains your battery so what normally when your playing your near a charger just plug it in and play i just dont understand why you wouldn't just do that simply looking at the advertisement adds to sts profit whats 1 hour of battery vs a whole new patch.
i can simply say that you should probably just grin and bear it.

OvigorothO
06-26-2012, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE==>HunterSLAYER

Does Pl even run smooth at 380-400mhz? Runs 80% speed at my 800 mhz :(

Kaytar
06-26-2012, 07:09 AM
I see adds in PL but more in DL

Staryknight
06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
I understand that this is a free game but some of us have spent an awful lot on plat and therefore I find the ads pretty insulting. IMO if you have spent more than X dollars on plat you shouldn't have to see ads. And this is not something that should have been hidden in an update. Devs need to be honest with their customers and put things like this in the patch notes, not try and sneak them in when no one is looking.

Justg
06-26-2012, 07:35 AM
If you have ever purchased anything you should never see an ad. If this is not the case then please let us know in support.

Thanks!

*edit* Free-plat users will still see ads, sorry i was mistaken!

Staryknight
06-26-2012, 07:47 AM
If you have ever purchased anything (even earned free plat) you should never see an ad. If this is not the case then please let us know in support.

Thanks!

Ah cool this is exactly how that should work :) I'm sure I've seen some, so i'll screenshot and report next time I see one. Thanks for the quick response!

Elyseon
06-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Lol I never have seen one either

Windwaiker
06-26-2012, 08:11 AM
If you have ever purchased anything (even earned free plat) you should never see an ad. If this is not the case then please let us know in support.

Thanks!

No wonder I never see ads, I did some tapjoy offers! I do see some when you tap the shield in the corner, but it doesn't matter to me

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Does Pl even run smooth at 380-400mhz? Runs 80% speed at my 800 mhz :(

Yes it does as my phone's processor is A9(after many runs at different campaigns i'm totally convinced) and Dl requires min. A7 :)

For Gtab(A9 10.1 inch version) i had to run it at 650+MHZ due to the tablet's high screen resolution which demands more power.

I also play on a spare X10(A7) and Dl runs smoothly at 460MHZ and above.(Surprisingly, the X10s pixel density is 245ppi which is higher than the first gen Sgs with AMOLED Screens O.O ~info from gsmarena.)

For Sgs+(A8), i had to run it @ 550MHZ+due to its AMOLED screen demanding more power.

All my devices are ROOTED(Some, Stock, some custom ROM)and heavily modified to the extent where they become BEASTS for gaming XD(Try Gta III!)

Personally, i recommend Ondemand, smartassv2 and performance governors for ROOTED users whose kernels (DOOML0rd's kernels are probably one of the best on XDA for gaming)support them. These governors are the best for gaming.

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 09:21 AM
I see adds in PL but more in DL

The Dl ad banner was alot more obvious than the pl ad banner as the ads updates more frequently.

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks!

So even if i do only one offer ads gets removed i assume.
Btw....does the server auto detects that u have done offers/bought plat and remove the ads automatically or support hasn't seen my account yet(and manually remove the ads?)

Justg
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Sorry Hunter, I was mistaken. If you purchased plat you should never see an ad. If you are only using Tapjoy you will still see ads.

HunterSLAYER
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the clarification.
This means i still need to keep the custom patch...i wanted to remove it lol as it was preventing me from doing offers @,@

demoncrate
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
This is quite fair. If you think about it, customers have access to enough maps to see them level up to 71, they have access to tech-support, they access STS server.
I started playing quite a long time ago when maps were'nt free.
I did not have a bank account linked to my Gmail account back then as well so buying plat was'nt possible for me.

If I did see ads then, I would have thought of it being bad, cause STS was refusing me access to maps unless I bought them.
Now, when maps are free they are right to place ads.

Btw the ads are'nt exactly 800*600 banners are they?
They are relatively small, if I am envisioning them correctly. You press the shield and there in the middle, less than 1/3 of the screen vertically and about 2/3 horizontally an ad pops up.

People who have bought plat see Mega combo's ingredients' and forum links. So ad's don't exactly block them from some accessing ancient knowledge that will increase their chances of a pink humania drop.