PDA

View Full Version : Potion strategy?

Beermon
04-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Hey guys what is your strategy for buying potions? If I fight in the level 20 dungeon even with a good group I end up using all my potions and not having enough gold to replace them. I have been going back to dark forrest for a fre runs when this happens, but it sucks because there iz no xp for me there. I also tried to purchase gold but didntnlike that idea either because I spent 2.99 on that and gained a level and a half and barely had enough gold left to replace half the potions I used. Do any of you have a better strategy then running old campaigns?

Beermon
04-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Sorry for poor typing me and the iPhone keyboard don't always agree.

Xanthia
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Find a dedicated healer who is willing to keep you healed through a dungeon. Once you get into FC and LE you will more than likely need someone like that anyway.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Warriors have been vastly improved. If you're still having problems, try to lure monsers slowly, (ie dont rush in spamming skills and trying to be a hero)

Alternative, play in a party. This is always useful because the monsters have more choices to kill. Just try to not look so yummy and they'll ignore you.

Hraefn
04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Adding on to Splurd's post, the improvements to Warriors will likely change your potion strategy. On my run-through today, I used a lot fewer health potions. In fact, I wound up using more mana potions than health.

Beermon
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Yes the warrior redo has made my char much more efficient.

SlipperyJim
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Warriors have been vastly improved. If you're still having problems, try to lure monsers slowly, (ie dont rush in spamming skills and trying to be a hero)

Alternative, play in a party. This is always useful because the monsters have more choices to kill. Just try to not look so yummy and they'll ignore you.
Yeah, Splurd's advice is excellent. Warriors can solo a lot, but you need to be a little bit careful. Don't rush into the mobs full-speed. You'll just get surrounded and cut to bits. Lure off one or two mobs at a time, kill them, and then repeat as needed. It's a lot slower than adventuring in a group, but it will work.

Alternately, find a group. A bear, a chicken, and an elf can work together to take out nearly any dungeon....

Leyeh88
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
i love the patch~~
patience paid off finally,

have been enduring leveling using a useless char for the past week,

Seplicher
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey All
Great to be here

I typically have approximately 25 health pots on hand. There are a few Enchntresses who do not have the heal skill. I will grab more if I am going to solo high lvls, but I am using less since the new patch.
My question, and I dont mean to hijack, but is the max number of health pots still 99?

God Bless you ALL

nerdherd
04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
No, you can have more than 100 potions of either kind. I don't know what the max is, probably 999.

Leyeh88
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
even before the patch, i dun find potions so hard to get...
earned about 20k before patch...

FeralDruid
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I have 146 health pots and 198 mana pots. I bought 25 of each when I first started playing, and somehow during my farming runs, they keep going up on their own. I'm currently 18 farming the 2nd dlc pack (forgot the name, but the first forest one).

I noticed they started going up when I was farming the dark forest dungeons. I have hp regen @ 3, and mana regen @ 2 through gear. Not sure if that is why, but I have not had to buy any potions at all since I leveled up enough to start farming gear.