PDA

View Full Version : Managing inventory

Gryndeon
08-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I keep accumulating items. I'm level 22 enchantress, and I do like the firebolt stuff. Should I just sell off the archer and melée items? Any suggestions on which items to hold on to?

Thanks.

Royce
08-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Liquidate anything that's gray, white, orange or green that you can't use. A lot of people even liquidate their purples, but I'd recommend saving them to trade or sell. Definitely save any pinks.

Gryndeon
08-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay. That kind of makes sense. Is that the order of increasing importance? I got, say, 3 elven hats for different levels, and I'm thinking of getting rid of the lower level ones.

Royce
08-22-2010, 09:29 PM
The colors tell you rarity from most rare to least: Pink>Purple>Green>Orange>White>Gray
However, note that this does not always tell you quality. Some oranges are better than some greens, some oranges and greens are better than the low purples (Albert, Ahnold, and Finesse), and the high purples (Owl, Bear, and Eagle) are better than the low pinks (Mastery, Legend (arguably), and Jewel Thief). So the point is that color tells you rarity, but does not always tell you what the best item is.

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Indeed, I was told the same thing about junking gray, white, orange or green items before and at the time I thought "Why would I ever junk a green? They are the best I have"... but as you progress, you'll see more purples and pinks pop by. So consider your level too and your priority. But yes, if you need to make space, start from grey and go up to purple if needs be. Personally I keep most purples and pinks although I'm getting to the point now where I'm considering junking purples too - as I find rarely people buy them, or at least they don't buy from me! ;)

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh, you an also consider donation items to lower levels if you don't need the cash from selling them. But personally I avoid the newbies that shout in Town "Give me stuff", "I'm poor", etc. Find someone at the very least you get on with or that asks nicely.

Gryndeon
08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
I think I'm just afraid I might accidentally get rid of something that will turn out to be valuable. I've been getting rid of the duplicates, and the ones that are variations of the same thing and just keeping the higher level versions. I just hope I understand correctly what all the specs mean. I still have no idea what dps is.

Btw, I got a jewel thief archer weapon yesterday, and a level 10 followed me around pleading for me to trade it with him. I guess that's one of the guys you are talking about.